Visitor Reviews - Manorbier Country Park

Campsite Search > UK > Wales > Pembrokeshire > Tenby > Manorbier Country Park Reviews

Manorbier Country Park
SA70 7SN
Tel: 01834871952

Open: March To December

No Tents   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   No Glamping Units
 Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant On Site   Wifi Access
 Fishing 10 miles   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool On Site   No Outdoor Pool
 No Horse Riding   Cycle Hire 10 miles   Golf 5 miles   Tennis On Site
 Beach 5 miles   Watersports 5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring 10 miles
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  28 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Caravanuser1 1 review from this member

This was our first time in West Wales and we thought we would give this site a try as it had the pool for the kids but wasn’t too big.

On arrival the staff were friendly and welcomed us to the site. There is a barrier on the entrance to the site and you will need a key/sensor for which there is a £10 deposit required on arrival.

The pitches were tidy being hard standing and gravel, but as others have said, too small. We managed to position our caravan a bit further back on the pitch which meant we could just squeeze our vehicle longways in front of the caravan and awning, which is just as well as there didn’t appear to be any spaces left for parking elsewhere.

Showers were well laid out with a bench seat and hooks and there was no annoying buttons and the water was hot. Even though there was only 4 showers in the ladies there was never a queue.

We didn’t spend much time in the clubhouse, the drinks were cheap and the wifi was free, which was a godsend as there was hardly any signal with O2 in the area.

The next comments are not a reflection on the way the site is run but it did impact on our opinion of the site, maybe we stayed on a ‘bad week’. Firstly, this is the first campsite we have stayed at where there didn’t seem to be any respect for peoples pitches and privacy. We have always drummed into our kids to stay off other people’s pitches and walk round, there was none of this here, with kids (& a few adults) walking/running through either side of the caravan and between our caravan and vehicle. Bit picky I know, but we like a bit of space! Lastly, the toilet & shower block was tidy and was cleaned daily, but on a couple of days they were ‘flooded’. I am not sure what happened and can only think that kids on both occasions must have been having water fights in there, which meant using the facilities wasn’t quite so pleasant.

This isn’t meant to be a bad review of the site as we have come to the conclusion that we are more suited to quieter sites with less facilities and a bit more space, what suits one doesn’t suit all.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Dvincent 2 reviews from this member

Exceptional, describes it all, I live in Pembroke and was looking for somewhere local to relax for a few days, monourbier country park was exactly that, I have been to many touring sites and this one comes out tops, it would be impossible to fault it

Pool was very well heated, and clean

Showers and toilets well immaculate

Site was peaceful, although my visit was out of season

Will definitely be going back

Reviewer: Jo Lynn 4 reviews from this member

We have just come back from manorbier country park and overall we had a really great holiday!

A few negative points that a feel I must mention.

This isn't a very peaceful site.

We were located in the tent field, which is also used as a playing field by children from all over the holiday park to play football/rugby, largely because there is no other field for them to play. We did have trouble with footballs occasionally being kicked against the tent, and one time I had to have a word when a ball came crashing down on our tent from a great height! Also the play park is located in the camping field and while the younger children play nicely through the day the park can be a problem at night. The older children tend to hang around it making lots of noise! One night I had to have a word with a child shouting foul language! Not the kind of words I want my young children to hear! Saying that though, the park was always vacated and quiet by 10pm - mainly due to it being so cold at night I think! Also the road is a nuisance with children using it for skate boarding which did get very noisy at times - maybe a couple of speed bumps would rectify this problem. Though I understand children are on holiday and have to play, it would be nice if they had somewhere other than the camping field to do it, after all, we, the grown ups, are on holiday too!

Ok that's the bad points out of the way!

Overall this is a great little site with many positive points that outweigh the negatives.

This site isn't very large so the swimmimg pool and clubhouse was never over crowded. The pool is a good size and was always warm when we used it. The clubhouse is also a good size which runs a kids zone and happy hour from 6. 30-7. 30 followed by a quiz and bingo every night. This suited us great as we are not into the showy cabaret stuff you get on larger sites. Jo and Matt work hard to entertain everybody and work very well entertaining the kids in kids zone, which my girls loved! Matt especially has a very cheeky sense of humour which appealed to ours!

The restaurant is reasonably priced and the food is good.

The shower block was clean and tidy and the water was always hot and free of charge!

The play park is great, (apart from the noise at night!) my kids loved it.

The park itself is very well maintained, clean and tidy.

Staff were always courteous and polite.

The camping field only allow a max of 5/6 tents so lots of space between tents.

Though I have raised some negative points we enjoyed our stay and would stay at this site again.

This holiday park has the potential to be 'the perfect site' and with better management it can very easily achieve that! :o)

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: DianeMcC 1 review from this member

The pitches here are the smallest I've ever experienced and it is one of the most expensive sites I've visited. Water is not available on standard pitches it seems,

Pitch 1 is next to the washing up station and loos, and bright lights stay on all night so be warned.

Staff were very friendly and efficient.

Date of Visit: November 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Pontyus 5 reviews from this member

It was the 2nd week in November so the site was fairly quiet. The staff were brilliant and we had a great weekend. We didn't use the clubhouse but everything was clean and tidy and the grass was still being trimmed by the staff. We enjoyed it so much we left our caravan there to return next weekend.

Bus stop and train station within a few hundred yards is a plus for us and its a great base to go touring from.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Treski14 2 reviews from this member

Well after 5 1/2 hours driving we weren't disappointed. Slight hiccup with pitches upon arrival but soon rectified.

A very clean site with friendly, helpful staff. Toilets and showers clean and loo rolls restocked on daily basis.

Clubhouse good, serving excellent food in the restaurant. Site nice and quiet after closing time with no rowdiness that you get at the big commercial parks.

My only gripe would be the size of the pitches(too close together so car had to be left on car park).

Can recommend this park for families or couples. Very good base for visiting Pembrokeshire. Would definitely visit again.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Julie222 4 reviews from this member

The first time we have visited Tenby and will definitely return.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming.

Showers were hot, clean and spacious and we never had to queue and no silly buttons that had to be pressed every 30secs.

The bar prices were reasonable and food average.

Kids loved the pool and decent opening hours and never busy.

Wonderful garden centre next door with delicious home made cakes.

Superb location, Oakwood Theme Park within easy reach. We used Tesco vouchers to pay for.

Barafundle and Tenby South Beaches are stunning and we were blessed with sunshine.

Our friends stayed in the best static van we have ever seen, expensive though!

Unfortunately we wouldn't stay here again as pitch size was claustrophobic, no room to sit outside van or to have BBQ comfortably, such a shame!

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Cathy6973 20 reviews from this member

This has to be the best campsite we have ever used, if for no other reason than the service we received while we were there.

Beware the SatNav taking you in to the campsite from a dodgy direction! We ended up driving through a ford and the SatNav trying to take us up roads signposted as unsuitable for caravans!

From the minute we arrived, nothing was too much trouble. When it became apparent that we were not able to get a TV signal, we were offered the loan of various DVD's at no cost to us. In addition, the kindness and helpfulness shown when one of the children bumped their head when falling of their bike was tremendous! This is a family run site, and the difference between this and more commercial sites is astonishing.

This is a small site, so don’t expect 24/7 entertainment, but the staff in the evening are enthusiastic, and as it is a small site you have no issues finding a table. Happy hour is between 6. 30 and 7. 30 where you only pay £2 a pint! The toilets and showers were clean and all in use (they are also free despite other reviews stating otherwise).

Swimming and tennis are also free, and while the pool is small, it never became too crowded, and we finally managed to get the youngest two swimming independently!

Offsite, there is lots to do. The local beaches are amazingly stunning (despite a walk to get to some!) and Tenby is pretty. Pembroke and Haverfordwest are functional as they contain large shops and supermarkets but are not as pretty. We also visited Newton House, Dolaucothi Gold Mines and Tenby Tudor Merchant's House, which are all great days out with kids. On good weather days, Marloes Beach and Barafundle Beach are superb if you like something your beaches secluded, or Tenby North and South beaches are good if you want facilities.

Would we go back to Manorbier Country Park – definitely!

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Adams bj 5 reviews from this member

I have been a caravanner for a very long time and I have stayed all over the country, how ever this has got to be in my top three for being one of the worst camp sites I have stayed at.

On arrival I had a job setting up on my pitch because of the amount of room you are allocated I paid for a super pitch and I had to share my water tap with the caravan next to me who were seasonal caravanners that's right one tap between two vans, when I complained they said they have four super pitches but only two taps and that I needed an adaptor and that they would send someone with a adaptor soon, I gave up waiting for it. The toilet block needs to be knocked down and rebuilt I never once saw it being cleaned,

And it was in need of mop and bucket as the floors were constantly dirty and wet.

The club house looked very nice and so did the pool, however having a meal in the restaurant was a different story as we waited a long time for a disappointing meal.

It was the first time I took my grand daughter with us and waited for the children's club which lasted about thirty minutes in total, which consisted of two so called kids games ( rock, paper, scissors and musical statues) nothing that I would call 'kids zone' as advertised, some one in a bear suit took longer to be called out than for him to do his act, he had his photo taken with the kids and then left.

It was followed by a quiz and then bingo that is not entertainment for me.

The cabaret was not much better and we could not take anymore and we had to leave. There was a tennis court which was being used by caravanners from a site across the road. There was a dumper truck on site that's right a dumper truck which was parked up and the keys left in the ignition, health and safety nightmare and an accident waiting to happen in my opinion. I am very very disappointed with my stay here as I was expecting a lot more. The surrounding area has nice beaches and lovely scenery, we particularly enjoyed visiting Saundersfoot beach as it was nice and clean with clear water. Will visit the area again, but will not be staying on this site.

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Foley799 16 reviews from this member

Sorry to have to disagree with all these reviews, but we've just left there, and it was awful.

The location is excellent, but that's where the compliments end.

For the very high daily fee (£37 is a lot) we got a small pitch, almost touching the outfit next to us, right alongside a field used for football. So footballs and rugby balls were flying about, hitting cars, tents and caravans.

But the worst aspect of this site was the men's shower block. Ladies' one was ok, but the men's was dreadful. Grubby floor, sloshed down daily but not properly cleaned. The floor desperately needs a power wash to remove the grime.

Toilet rolls were frequently empty, and the block was not smelling very sweet by the end of the day.

The worst shower/toilet block I've experienced in years, and that includes £10 a night farm sites.

The 'entertainment' was hopeless. A lady on the stage yelling quips and nonsense into the microphone so loud you couldn't understand a word, and shouting out bingo numbers.

During the day, the staff were never seen about the place keeping an eye on things. If they had been, all these problems could have been sorted out - except the shower block cleanliness which was sub-standard even immediately after the daily hose-down.

Grubby, small pitches, and during the day totally unsupervised. We definitely won't be returning there.

Previous     28 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Pembrokeshire

Win a £299 Clarke IG1200B Suitcase Generator! Win an Outwell Electric Barbecue Package worth over £205

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 6 to 7th July, Derbyshire