Visitor Reviews - New Forest Court (formerly Gundrys Farm)

Campsite Search > UK > England > South West > Dorset > Wimborne > New Forest Court (formerly Gundrys Farm) Reviews

New Forest Court (formerly Gundrys Farm)
School Lane
Check Digital TV coverage    See Weather Forecast

Pitches: Closed for camping and touring in 2019 season
Open: Not Open For Touring Or Camping In 2019

No Tents   No Caravans   No Motorhomes   No Glamping Units
 No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   Recycling Facilities
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 Fishing 1 mile   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding 1 mile   Cycle Hire 1 mile   Golf 1 mile   No Tennis
 Beach 10 miles   Watersports 5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring 10 miles
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  69 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Georgie08 3 reviews from this member

Stayed at this site again after an absence of three years, during the Easter weekend. Lovely weather walked into moors valley which was very busy, but so nice to be able to walk there from the campsite.

Campsite was very well laid out, new toilets and showers and although it was busy we didn't have to wait.

Liked that there was still plenty of space for the kids to play and enjoy themselves. Fish and chips on Saturday went down very well.

We were in sundown field again this year which was further away from reception but well organised with a mixture of caravans motorhomes and tents, really nice atmosphere. Plenty of hookups - looks as though the old ones had been renewed.

We will be back. !

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jo6077 1 review from this member

We stayed for a weekend and although the campsite was well presented and the pitch was a nice size, there were a few niggles that would probably prevent us from returning, in particular a lack of privacy on offer.

The field we were in had about 60 pitches but the toilet block for that field had only 3 ladies toilets and 3 showers, the mens similarly minimal. The toilet block was small and there wasn't really space to stand & brush your teeth and certainly no area to wash. There is merely 1 toilet room for this, not an extra, this is one of the 3 on offer and no lock on the one we used ! The shower cubicles have curtains but the changing area is communal and the door opens straight into the space for all to see ! There are no sinks for washing or teeth cleaning in these areas either ! The water pressure was so fierce in most sinks you ended sprayed with water but the shower pressure quite poor as was the drinking water tap. Also there was only cold water to wash up with which isn't very pleasant and only 2 sinks.

Although there is space for the children to run around, there is no play park so moors valley is the closest option and is very simple to get to. The pizza on Friday and Chip van saturday is a nice option.

Overall I feel it is probably more suited to occupants with all their own facilities than people relying on the ones provided.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Peter@fiona 2 reviews from this member

Needed somewhere near to Bournmouth to stay after collecting our caravan from its service and repair. We like a quiet site so were taken with the previous reviews that claimed it was 'old Fashioned' but clean. It was pouring with rain when we pitched up but we were seen to quickly, given a choice of pitch and we were parked and hooked up with the kettle boiled less than 20 mins after arriving. The two wood cabin toilet blocks were very nice, clean and tidy. The 4 showers are basic but have plenty free hot water with plenty of hanging hooks on the back of the doors of 3 of them. Bins aplenty with glass, tin and plastic recycling. Lovely roomy pitches and masses of space in the middle of the field where children played. Everyone seemed to want a quiet weekend as everyone respected the 'no noise after 10:30pm' and it was truly a lovely, quiet and relaxing site. There is tree lined L shaped fenced dog run where dogs can be let off the lead with plenty of bins around for bagged dog waste. The only bugbear was having to get out of the car to key in the security code for the barrier, especially in the wet weather we had during our stay. The attractive thatched Three Legged cross Inn is less than 1/2 mile walk away along a foot-way and has a large garden with plenty of tables outside if you have the weather to sit outside with your dog. Did not try the food but other diners plates looked very appetising. Gundrys will be seeing us again if we ever need to stay in area again in the future.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Cheyanne50 1 review from this member

We have stayed a number of time at this camp site. All the facilities are exceptionally clean including the bins and recycling. These are all checked regularly throughout the day. On the many occasions that we have been the caravans and tents have not been squashed on and the middle of the field has been free.

There is only 4 showers, 6 mens toilets and 6 ladies toilets but I would prefer to have this many spotlessly clean. In the showers there are plenty of hooks on the back of the door to hang all your clothes etc. Yes you do occasionally have to wait but being a social couple we have had some great conversations and got to know our fellow campers. The visit of the ice cream van, pizza and fish and chip vans are an added bonus. There are rules about music and noise after 10. 30 etc but again for us this is an added bonus towards our rest and relaxation.

We have found the owners and managers nothing but helpful, polite and friendly.

We enjoy this quiet campsite as you can really get away from it all in the beautiful surrounds. We both have stressful jobs and find the opportunity to truly unwind at this site the most appealing.

The site is convenient for so many different attractions but you do need your own transport. Unfortunately the road works do make getting into Bournemouth and Poole a bit of a nightmare but this is not the fault of the camp site. There are so many walks around the site and its within walking distance of the car boot and Moors Valley Country Park.

Although not to everyone's taste as its not all singing and dancing we will continue to go to this camp site and look forward to many more relaxing times in this clean and friendly camp site.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mirabelle 36 reviews from this member

Spent a nice weekend here and hopefully will have more to come. In the short time I spent on the site (busy weekend!). I observed it was a nice but basic site with an old fashioned feel, well kept and peaceful, situated off the main road at the end of the lane.

The toilets I used were spotless and you could see the owners/wardens cared about keeping the site nice which is always good. It would be fair to say that the showers l used were a bit dated and very small with a low ceiling, also a shelf to put your clothes/wash bag etc was needed as these had to go on the floor, but they were clean.

We were camped near the farmhouse in the Primrose field, I'd like to try other fields which may have nicer views also. The Owner Lorraine seemed friendly and the Wardens we came across (Peter and his partner - sorry don't know your name) were very friendly and SO helpful which was lovely, a real credit to the site.

Look forward to visiting again.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Camperman21 3 reviews from this member

Just got back from a 2 night stay at Gundrys farm, a good well equipped site, very clean, very tidy, friendly staff a few rules and regulations but nothing excessive. Only a couple of bad points for my visit, having left my conformation booking a little bit late they still got us in which was good but we had to have plot 10. Let me explain plot 10 is right next to the coded electric barrier (3ft away) where everybody has to come through, a constant stream of cars from 7am till 10. 30pm it got quite annoying in the end. Some might stay it was partially my fault for not being more prompt with my booking but it would of been nice to have been told what their plan was for us before we agreed to the booking. Now what we know about plot 10 we would of gone elsewhere. The other point is be prepared to drive, the campsite is quite away from the main attractions such has Bournemouth and Poole

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Cal1 2 reviews from this member

Great camp site for straight forward fun for the kids and relaxation for others. The site has very little traffic on it meaning the kids are very safe and happy. There are plenty of places for them to play on site. Locally there are plenty of things to do for families we were only here for 3 nights so did not get to see as much as we would like. Will go back to this site hopefully this year and explore a little more.

Shower and toilet facilities on site are clean and usable.

Recommend to others if looking for a getaway where it is peaceful or for families where kids need to get nearer to nature and feel free (as my daughter told me).

Reviewer: Sabrina N family 1 review from this member

As we always visit the area nearby every year we thought about staying there this year and it was wonderful everything was within walking distance and Lorraine even provided us with a map explaining the short cuts we worried about nothing. As a family we loved it here there was plenty of space for our children to play whilst we could sit with a cup of tea and watch them and not worry about traffic or cars driving through the site it was a change to just stop relax and have fun with them. The area is so spacious yet all facilities required where at hand and anything we needed Lorraine and Basil where more than happy to, they are friendly and easy to speak too any any inquiry they had no problem in helping, they even had something special there for everyone on the weekend whilst where there and the children loved it. We had such a wonderful time that we have booked again for next year but this time for longer. I would recommend anyone to see this part of our country it is wonderful and the areas nearby are not just family friendly but but cater for everyone and I would recommend anyone to stay at gundrys farm you get a wonderful warm welcome and a most wonderful atmosphere.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: IDK2013 7 reviews from this member

What a lovely site!

A very warm a friendly welcome from the owner who had very kindly allowed an earlier check in time for us. We picked the site due to the location as we were visiting friends at Moors Valley and was perfect.

The site was laid out nicely with plenty of space for children to play without interfering with other campers. Previous reviews talk about not enough signage but I thought everything was very clearly signed.

The facilities were great. I can honestly say that the toilets and showers were the cleanest I have ever seen on a site!

We will be visiting again

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: MissWM 4 reviews from this member

A very clean and well kept site which is good value compared to others in the area. The site is close to Moors Valley Country Park which was the main reason I chose it. Moors Valley was brilliant and this site definitely makes a good base for exploring the Park. Good recycling facilities. Excellent (new?) loo block a short walk across the field we stayed in with 2 loos which were spotless and had soap, toilet roll and hand towels. Spotless washing up facilities the other side of the owners house. The pitches are fairly close together although the middle of the field was kept clear as it says on the website. I am pretty sure my baby woke up the couples to each side of us in the morning as we were quite close together.

Upon arrival at 8pm I couldn't get into the site as it requires a gate code. The reception was closed (closes at 6pm) and had no instructions for who to contact out of hours and I ended up wandering around for a while with my 5 month baby and toddler to try to find someone to let us in and show us our pitch. There were signs to the campsite wardens but on following them I couldn't figure out where they pointed to. Eventually a very nice warden did find me and showed me to my pitch.

I would agree with some of comments below about how welcoming the site is. A lot of the facilities (reception, toilets, shower etc) are located around the owner's home. In the morning after doing our washing up we heard sheep bleating in a nearby field and went to look over the fence at them (especially as these are mentioned specifically on the site website as an attraction for the kids) but the owner immediately asked me how she could help as I was in her private garden. I apologised but her tone of voice did make me feel a bit like being told off! There are no signs showing areas where campers are not supposed to go. I have seen these at other campsites and they can avoid confusion. A comment was also made on arrival regarding an email conversation we'd had which made me feel a little silly - it may have just been made in jest, but the overall effect of both exchanges were that I unfortunately didn't feel hugely at ease on the site.

Previous     69 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Dorset

Win a 299 Clarke IG1200B Suitcase Generator! Win an Outwell Electric Barbecue Package worth over 205

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 6 to 7th July, Derbyshire