Visitor Reviews - Siblu Villages La Reserve

Horse Riding <5 miles   Cycle Hire On Site   Golf   Tennis On Site
 Beach On Site   Watersports On Site   Boat Launch / Mooring On Site
 Seaside Location   Dog Walk   Public Transport <10 miles

Reviews:

Write your own Review wo win a £150 Amazon Voucher!!

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Tintin379 1 review from this member

After a very long journey from Calais to La Reserve we finally arrived late at night. Would have got there an hour earlier but there was a misleading signpost! I feel I have to be totally honest here but the campsite is in the middle of nowhere and you can't go to a supermarket or restaurant without driving approx 10k. We were very disappointed with the touring pitches and the tents were in an even worse position. However we were one of the lucky ones and had a gap in the trees for some sunshine in the afternoon and facing outwards towards the path but the majority of tourers were cramped together under all the pine trees and mostly facing the toilet block. One major problem along with this was that if you didn't shower before 5pm there was a huge queue and the water went cold. We had to complain on numerous occasions to reception as there were a group of foreign teenagers male and female who were extremely rude and insisted on sharing showers in the gents toilets which was very offensive to a lot of families. Unfortunately this wasn't dealt with and just carried on. There isn't any grass in the touring park - just black sand/mud! No matter how many times the little ones had a shower or washed their feet, by the time they got to the caravan they were black again! It did not spoil our holiday, we just got used to it.

Apart from that, the statics were very nice and had privacy, the entertainment team and kids club was fantastic. The shop was well equipped and the takeaway was quite expensive but good.

The Lake was beautiful and right on the campsite. The sand was clean and the water warm. The pool was very disappointing for my child and friends. There were the usual slides but that was about it. The pool was freezing cold and the lifeguards were very strict whereby no balls, lilos etc. The indoor pool was very popular as it was warmer! I think anyone wishing to go in a static will not be disappointed but I would not recommend it for tourers I'm afraid.

Date of Visit: June 2010 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: SpampMan 23 reviews from this member

Our 2010 pilgrimage took us to Siblu La Réserve, by Le lac de Biscarosse et de Parentis. This is a big site, mostly given over to mobile homes (which suits us fine as we do it the French way!) A contributor factor for us staying here was because Siblu takes Tesco vouchers at 4:1 against the price of the holiday.

The journey from Caen was straightforward. Our mobile home was midway between the pool and the shop, so ideally sited and was brand new.

The shop is well stocked and not too expensive. The nearest supermarket is 15 mins away - both Super-U and Intermarché in Parentis-en-Born. LeClerc and Lidl a bit further away in Biscarosse.

The site was very clean and tidy. It was surprisingly quiet given that this was at Whitsuntide, so maybe it would feel a little more lived in during high season. The pool complex is very good and well stewarded. The lifeguards do not stand for any nonsense. Gents, you can wear shorts!

Touring? As much as I liked this site, I would not bring my own unit here. The touring area is in the trees. Not at all grassy. In the summer it might be possible that the trees give some welcome shade but it's not for me. And yes you do have to share facilities with the Rockley Watersports. My rating is based on the mobile home.

Which brings us on to the beachside lake. It is great! Oodles of space and pretty clean. There is a beach bar (not open - low season) and water sports hire. Jet skis are not permitted on the lake, which I think is good. The water is clean and shallow for a long way out. Very safe for little ones. The nearby coast is good but as you would imagine the surf is quite spectacular.

Don't go here if you suffer from a pine allergy. It is in the biggest forest in France after all. Sometimes the paper plant nearby can make a bit of a stink too.

Recommended days out:

Biscarosse Plage and Mimizan.

Dune de Pilat.

Arachon and Cap Ferret

Bordeaux

Biarritz (but better still Saint Jean de Luz)

And a trip to Donostia- St Sebastián is well worth it.

Go again? Yes, but not as a tourer.

Date of Visit: August 2009 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Grizgut 7 reviews from this member

We stayed here for three nights and my initial reaction was 'my god this is more like a town than a campsite'. The place is massive! Like previous reviewers, we were also quite dubious after reading the reviews on Trip advisor (linked via the Siblu website) but we were told that a new area for touring caravans had been opened away from the 'tent' area, right next to the pool complex. This was true, but all they had done was remove some of the statics, leaving behind quite large pitches, along with the remnants of the old static areas (gravel, concrete and water/waste points). Convenient for access to the pool, but the evening entertainment was right next door and very loud, as was the music from the pool bars (mid-morning onwards). On one night the evening entertainment did go on past midnight, but the other evenings it all stopped by 11pm.

The toilet/shower facilities were in a set of small (modern) porta-cabins nearby, these were clean and adequate, I'm hoping/presuming they are only temporary though. The pool/restaurant shop etc were all good (although one of my sons with very mild asthma was adversely affected by some additive they must put in the pool there, not affected at all in the other two Siblu site pools that he swam in though?).

There were lots of places to visit nearby (supermarket about 15mins drive away) Mimizan plage and Biscarosse plage were both lovely (if a little damp).

The staff were very pleasant and all had very good English, although I'm not a fan of being told that you have to wear a Siblu ID bracelet at all times, the staff wanted to put them on us as soon as we booked in.

All in all it depends on what you want, if you like lively,bustling and busy and don't mind being on a huge site, you will love it. I won't be going again, not because it was bad, just because it was all too huge and commercial.

Date of Visit: July 2009 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Rusky 8 reviews from this member

My wife and children were going to France on our own for the first time. We had been camping over there a couple of years ago with friends who were well experienced.

We came across the La Reserve website and it appeared to tick all of the boxes that we required, where there were plenty of things to keep the children happy and good facilities.

About a month before we were due to go I just by chance went back on to the website and saw that you could look at independent reviews of the site. You can imagine mine and my wife's horror when we saw some of the pictures that previous visitors had put up.

I was that concerned by what I saw that I sent an email to Siblu out in France asking for some basic assurances, which we did in fairness to them get.

On arrival at the site we were pleasantly surprised, the pitches were smaller than we would normally expect in the UK and very sandy but we were more than able to get our Outwell Idaho with extension on there.

The toilets and showers were all in one block and were cleaned twice a day to a very high standard. The major criticism would be that we forgot what warm water felt like, never mind hot water! They were havin problems with a boiler that went on for about five days but even after that we never got a warm shower.

If you are going to La Reserve in a static I'm sure that you will have a great time as there are lots of things to keep the kids busy, a great pool area and a supermarket that is well stocked and restaurant that serves very good food.

If you are going in a tent though, well I'd think again if I were you!

Date of Visit: June 2008 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jeanm 27 reviews from this member

Good shop and locality perfect. Only one toilet block for campers shared by local watersports centre. Right at the side of a lovely lake with a beach.
The site was spoilt by far too many static caravans in my opinion but all the facilities you could wish for were there. Shame-this could have been the perfect campsite!

Write your own Review wo win a £150 Amazon Voucher!!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Aquitaine   -   Search for a site

Win a Kampa Portaflush 10 Portable Toilet! Win a 655ltr Waterproof Rooftop Bag worth £239

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 16th to 19th August, E Yorks
World's biggest tribute band festival. Family friendly. Discounted tickets and a chance to win some ...more