Reviews of Peachley Touring Caravan Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > Central > Worcestershire > Worcester > Peachley Touring Caravan Park Reviews

Peachley Touring Caravan Park
Peachley Lane
Lower Broadheath
Worcester
Worcestershire   (Browse area)
WR2 6QX
Tel: 01905 641309

No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 Fishing On Site   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool 5 miles   No Outdoor Pool
 No Horse Riding   No Cycle Hire   Golf 5 miles   Tennis 1 mile
 No Beach   Watersports 5 miles   No Boat Launch
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  70 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7

Date of Visit: August 2019  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Grahame394 2 reviews from this member

Site very spacious, staff friendly and helpful,

Only negative on the 1st night other campers up into the early hours playing music.

That said will still use this site again.

Date of Visit: July 2019 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Nights stayed: 1 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Grandadbaza 3 reviews from this member

We originally booked 3 nights at this site to spend time visiting Worcester. On arrival we could not find anybody, reception was like the "marie celeste", but the loud music coming from caravans closest to reception was horrendous, I walked back to my motorhome to get my phone to ring the warden's number, about 5 minutes later he arrived at the site in his truck, I mentioned I would not be very happy if I had to listen to the loud music, he said no problem he would sort that but he would put me at the other end of the site, I asked if I could just book in for the one night just in case I was not happy, he agreed but I would have to loose some of my deposit, so It cost me £35 for 1 night

He showed me to a pitch right at the last field on the site, this took me down what was best described as a dirt track,

The pitch was ok but surrounded by permanently sited tourers with commercial vehicles coming and going, it was obviously used by builders and workmen, some of the units where very well tendered with gardens etc but some with dilapidated sheds and dirty vans. All in all it was more like a Shanty Town than a holiday park

We were woken up at 2. 15am by dog barking which lasted for a good 10 minutes then again by vehicles driving past our motorhome from 6. 30am onward.

Glad we decided to stay just the 1 night

The only good points were the toilet block, quite modern and reasonably clean (shame at the price to charge for showers) and the clock runs down from when you put the money in 5 metres from the cubicle so you are paying to get undressed

The other good point was the very well mannered man/warden that dealt with us

To sum up if you want somewhere to live on the cheap this is the place but not if you are a holiday maker

Date of Visit: May 2019 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Nights stayed: 1 Travelling as:  Retired couple
Reviewer: Glosbill 17 reviews from this member

Quiet, off peak, during the week. Spotless facilities, 20p shower timer 5 minutes seemed a long time, plenty of time to get clean and refreshed.

Closest to National Trust Elgar's house for our visit. 3 staff we encountered very pleasant and professional.

Did not attempt to use WiFi although phone reception not great on our network.

Date of Visit: July 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: CEW3A 25 reviews from this member

We chose this as a stopover on the way to Devon & return. There were rough gravel roads leading to the entry barrier & reception & then we shown to a pitch in Oakwood, right at the bottom but near the toilet block.

In contrast to other reviewers, we did not have a card to pay for EHU but were charged £2 on our outbound stay & £1 on our return, which I was told should be plenty… ‘you won’t be putting your heater on?’ Thankfully we didn’t need to, even though the temperature was much cooler than on our outbound trip.

On the outbound trip, we were then shown to our pitch by the guy & he very kindly reversed the caravan into position as my husband doesn’t do caravan reversing! On the return trip, the lady in reception asked where we were pitched before & I just said ‘down the bottom’.

We were told to go down there; our previous pitch was already occupied, so we took the only remaining pitch under some trees & we were told this would be ok. My husband had to ask the neighbours where the water tap was, where the grey water waste goes & the chemical toilet waste too.

We were not given any information about site rules, departure time etc. I did notice in reception that WIFI is available for £3. 50 for 1 night but I didn’t bother, & I did notice a sign with some rules outside the toilet block, one of which stated that parents must not allow their children to play in or around the toilet block, but there were 3 children playing just outside it, one of whom was a very grubby-looking toddler!

There were 4 toilets & I think 5 sinks in the ladies’, plus 3 shower cubicles. Showers cost 20p for 5 mins – the numbered meters are on the wall just before the cubicles ie not next to each cubicle & I’m not sure whether the 5min countdown starts as soon as you put the money in or when you switch the shower on!

Having to pay for showers is unusual in these days; most sites offer free showers.

The website mentions privacy cubicles. I never saw any; there certainly weren’t any in the area with the toilets & sinks. The toilet block itself was dirty – large lengths of toilet paper on the floor, around a toilet seat, even outside of the toilet cubicles, & what appeared to be a shoelace on the floor.

The floor on our arrival also had muddy footprints & despite a notice saying that Talcum powder must not be used in the toilet block, this had clearly been ignored – talc was everywhere! There was another notice advising people to leave the facilities how they would wish to find them.

I cannot help wondering at the state of people’s bathrooms at home, if they are prepared to leave the toilet block looking in such a mess!

We chose this site because of the relatively short distance from the M5, on our way to Devon. As a 1- night stopover, it is adequate, but we would not choose to stay here for a longer stay, though some people seemed to be living there permanently, with plant pots, garden sheds/ornaments etc. Extraordinary!

Date of Visit: December 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Julian Dearson 58 reviews from this member

Spent about 6 weeks based at Peachley and absolutely loved it.

On arrival Henry wasn't available and Harry filled in admirably, giving us all the info we needed for the pitch.

We had a fully-serviced pitch at £100 pw + electric (which was less than £2 a day) so very reasonable for such a great pitch. We are in a large American RV so hardstanding at this time of year was brilliant. We didn't use the facilities much but when we did (either laundry or when our pipes froze!) they were totally up to the job.

Not knowing the area we did a fair amount of driving around and loved Malvern, Worcester and Clifton on Teme. Caught the bus into Worcester a few times and it was really very easy.

We will definitely be going back.

Date of Visit: December 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Andy McKay 14 reviews from this member

Stopped here for 4 nights to walk the Malvern Hills and to visit Worcester Christmas Market as the site was convenient for both. The site was very quiet as not many touring units, there were however a number of seasonal pitches in use.

Everyone on the site (owners and visitors) were very friendly and helpful. The showers block was heated and the showers (20p for 5 mins) clean and hot.

The only downside of the shower block was it was a bit of a hike in freezing conditions from our touring pitch. We were allocated a hard standing super pitch at a very reasonable price of £18 per night, however electricity is paid for separately by purchasing pre-paid cards and we used £7 over the time we were there.

The warden / owners were also very flexible with arrival and departure time which was a real bonus as the weather was fine however. In the summer months when the site is full I would guess it would be more difficult for them to offer this.

All in all a great site in a lovely location which we would use again when visiting the area.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Babana 6 reviews from this member

We stayed here for three nights in our tent. The owners are really helpful and very friendly.

The pitch was lovely, flat and spacious with EHU and water. Plenty of room for a four man tent, pup tent and a car. EHU had to be paid on arrival. We paid £2 and that was more than enough. We only used it to charge phones etc. If we had fridges, fans etc we would have paid more.

Be aware that the majority of this site is seasonal pitches. This took a little getting used to as some residents quite clearly live there for the majority of the year and go to and from work each day. There are tens of caravans pitched up with no one in them. Looked a bit sad. We however were pitched in a separate area. It is a very big site. For our first two nights there were only two 'short termers', this was us in our tent and one caravan pitched quite a way from us This surprised me as it was August.

The bonus was that we had LOADS of space as we were not by the seasonal pitches. As we edged towards the bank holiday weekend the site began to fill up a little more.

There are two toilet blocks but only one with showers. It was a bit of a long walk to the showers but once there they were clean and warm (20p for 5 mins).

Washing up facilities were in a small wooden building and always had hot water. Ice blocks could be frozen free of charge and there was a washing machine and tumble drier that could be used for a fee.

For kids there is a little football pitch. There is also giant chess, draughts and jenga for kids to play with.

The pub in the village, The Bell, was lovely. Super food and service at a reasonable price. I would recommend booking.

We visited Worcester which was close by. We also spent a thoroughly enjoyable day at nearby Witley Court and Gardens. Our children (10 and 12) really enjoyed it.

Overall a pretty good site and absolutely nothing wrong with it and I possibly would go again, but the seasonal pitch nature of the site puts me off a little. I personally like to be around others who are holidaying too.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: TheNig 3 reviews from this member

Very helpful staff on site, toilets and showers very clean and centrally appointed.

No problems were experienced and the sneaky way in/out while the main gate is shut (closes at 6:30'ish) is just the ticket for us stay out late exploring/eating visitors (8pm)

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Chazzerhoops 1 review from this member

My wife and I have stopped at Peachley Park on 3 occasions now and have nothing really bad to say about it!

The owners are friendly and cannot do enough for you.

The toilets are spotless and you pay 20p for a 5 minute shower.

We use an electrical hook-up and you pay this separately in £1 units, which is loaded by the owner by 'card'. We have found that £2 will last you for a long weekend!

The site itself is clean and tidy although the access road into the site is uneven and rather pot-holed.

The fishing is good and the lakes don't seem to be over-fished.

The site is not very child friendly and there seems little for them to do. There is a grassed area with a plastic mini-goal on it, but this seems under used.

Perhaps a play area for the kids could be provided with swings and slide and maybe an 'assault course'. I'm pretty sure that this would mean an expensive public liability insurance policy though.

The site is well set with views to local hills and countryside.

There are many seasonal statics arranged in the lower half of the park and most occupants are friendly. We have noted that the owners are extending the site with new hard standings for caravans being excavated. The centre itself provides quad-biking, although I have not personally seen anyone having a go. I think the price might have something to do with it. But I am sure there would be concessions for larger parties. Well worth enquiring though.

We have booked to go back in August for a week. Looking forward to it

Date of Visit: March 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Markandlynn 3 reviews from this member

We love peachley caravan park, it's so quiet and peaceful we wake up to the sound of the birds. Henry and jack are so helpful you can't fault them.

The toilet block is very clean. The other people on the site are very helpful, we are going back in may we can't wait just to get away from it all.

Keep up the good work

Previous     70 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other Sites Near Worcester      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Worcestershire

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 16/01 to 19/01, Event City
Over 200 exhibitors with all the new 2020 models and biggest ever selection of accessories. Plus win tickets! ...more