Reviews of Griffithston Farm

Campsite Search > UK > Wales > Pembrokeshire > Saundersfoot > Griffithston Farm Reviews

Griffithston Farm
Hopshill Lane
Saundersfoot
Pembrokeshire   (Browse area)
SA69 9ED
Check Digital TV coverage    See Weather Forecast

Open: 01/04/2021 to 30/09/2021

No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge   No Motorhome Point   No Wifi Access
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant or Cafe or Takeaway <1 mile
 No Fishing   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Beach <1 mile   No Watersports   No Boat Launch
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  19 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10

Date of Visit: July 2019 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 9 Travelling as:  Family with older children
Reviewer: Steveinstall 1 review from this member

Loved the site and location, description of site is spot on,

So close to saundersfoot and excellent prices,

It was approximately 15 minutes stroll into the town,

Can't ask for more

Date of Visit: July 2018 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Alanedwin 10 reviews from this member

Nice site with clean and plentiful facilities and very reasonably priced. Good views across the town and sea.

The walk into town is short but steep on the way back for the last 150 yards.

Town and beach great with several good pubs and eating places.

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: John brooke 2 reviews from this member

Really nice site basic but very clean and hot water all the time for showers and washing up area good with 2 large sinks and grey waste flushing area very clean at 12. 50 per night good value for money.

However the haul into Saundersfoot is down a small village road and it is very steep and runs for approx 1 mile, but when in the village there is no shortage of public houses.

But we found the best bar to frequent for it's 6 real ales and great food for a reasonable price and service is a must with a great out door area with access to the beach for a walk after your meal and a great place to exercise your pet as they have the full beach to run on.

The weather was not too great and the locals could not apologize more about this but there are great beaches and the people are lovely. Although we found out that holiday makers are called grockells by the residents on south Wales.

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Carolineteague 1 review from this member

Amazing little site. Reluctant to give a fab review to in case it gets too popular! Friendly owner who couldn't have been kinder, more helpful and more relaxed.

Loved the location- so easy to get to Saundersfoot from. Although basic the showers are clean as are toilets.

Site is just what we love about camping: beautiful views, simple field with no loud entertainment.

Felt relaxed and happy at end of holiday x

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: MinnieB 1 review from this member

Just returned from a glorious week at this site. Really friendly and relaxed owner, superb value for money.

We only found the site by chance when we had taken wrong turn, what good luck. The site is dog friendly and everyone cleans up after their hounds as there was no mess in sight.

Our greyhound loved it as much as we did as it was the first time she had been camping and seen the sea. We will be back next year as this quiet site is too good to miss. Basic toilet and shower block was lovely and clean with plenty of hot water.

Washing up area was lovely and clean to. Nice country lane walk into Saundersfoot for shops and pub, the walk back is not for the faint hearted 3 in a taxi.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Rodgervsmith 4 reviews from this member

I visited this site with my parents over 50 years ago, I returned this year (2014) with my wife and children/grand child, and my brother, although the site has changed ownwership it is still just the same, quite, peaceful, and overlooking saundersfoot and the harbour, the facilities were only spoilt by the male toilets, (male campers not lifting the toilet seats), having said that I have full facilities in my caravan, but it did not stop me using the site toilets. Saundersfoot is a short ten minute walk down hill and a 3. 00 taxi ride back, I will definitely be back here in the future. Than you to the owners Mr Merryman and his wife for their relaxed and peacful campsite.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Lisajs62 1 review from this member

First came here in July 2013 with my best mate and her dog in a tiny caravan she found in a farmer's field and spivved up. We had a fabulous time. The facilities are basic but we could have a hot shower. The block was cleaned down every morning. We could plug in to the electric and water. The location is brilliant. We loved it so much, we went back the following year with two dogs and we loved that too so we're going back this year with the dogs. Mr Merryman is a great decent chap and calls by to see how we're doing. The beach at Saundersfoot is breathtaking and dog friendly. Tenby is good for our girly retail therapy fix, Barrafundle Bay is a little piece of paradise. I expect we'll be booking in next year too. The weather is fabulous the week we go too, always Royal Welsh week.

I have marked child friendly low because I don't have kids so don't know if this place is child friendly.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Jessrees 1 review from this member

Had a brilliant time with friends here last summer and will be returning again this year! Farmer was laid back and lovely! showers were clean & warm! looking forward to return this summer! :).

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: SleepyJess 1 review from this member

I have just returned from a week at Griffithston Farm and I must say I loved the site.

Having read previous reviews I was slightly worried about the experience but as soon as we arrived I changed my mind completely.

The shower block has 4 showers, 4 toilets and 4 sinks and there were never any queues to use the facilities. I used shower one all week and the temperature and pressure was perfect! It's better than my shower at home. The washing up area was good and the water was always hot.

We pitched near the caravans as the other people we were staying with had an electric hook up so our pitch was flat.

The view from the site is gorgeous and after the first wet day, the sun was shining and the view amazing.

Saundersfoot is only a short way away however we didn't walk, we always drove.

The farmer was very laid back and helped us when the battery was flat on our car!

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Sunrat x x x 1 review from this member

We plotted our caravan down there in April and keeping it there till September,

this is a reasonably priced camp site, the view that I can see is AMAZING you can see Saundersfoot sea.

There is a toilet block in the first field which, yes it is basic but good enough, the owner comes regularly to check everything.

The owner also maintains the grass, they cut it around the caravan to make it look tidy and not to long.

In the second field there is a gate to go through onto the country road which leads to saundersfoot, coming back up does hurt, from the steep hill but you get used to it as time goes on.

The walk into Saundersfoot is only about 7 mins, I'm quite young so I might have a quicker pace

The only disadvantage / improve is that the second field people take their dogs down to purposely let them foul away from their caravan, which I am not very happy about

Previous     19 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Write a Review of this Site to Win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Is Griffithston Farm child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Griffithston Farm?  There is a shop within 1 mile  View all facilities

Is Griffithston Farm dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Saundersfoot      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Pembrokeshire

UKCS Meet Scottish Caravan and Motorhome VIRTUAL Show 03/02 to 06/02
Browse the latest models, research purchases and watch expert webinars, all from the comfort of your sofa ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2021