Reviews of Middlehills Farm Campsite

Campsite Search > UK > Central England > Peak District & Derbyshire > Matlock > Middlehills Farm Campsite > Reviews

Middlehills Farm Campsite
Grangemill
Matlock
Derbyshire   (Browse area)
DE4 4HY

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Open: 03/05/2024 to 22/09/2024

Share  Post on X / Twitter  Share on Facebook  Email

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Small Campervans
 Glamping Units   Holiday Homes for Hire   No Statics for Sale   Seasonal Pitches
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   Freezer / Fridge   No Motorhome Point   Wifi Access
 Shop On Site   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant or Cafe or Takeaway <1 mile
 No Fishing   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <5 miles   Cycle Hire <1 mile   Golf <5 miles   No Tennis
 No Beach   Watersports <5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring <5 miles
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   Campfires Allowed
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <5 miles  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  156 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16

Write your own Review to win an Outdoor Revolution Screenhouse 4 and £150!

If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win an Outdoor Revolution Screenhouse 4 worth £299 AND £150 of Amazon vouchers. Leave as many reviews as you can for more chances - it only takes a few minutes

Date of Visit: September 2023  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 4 Travelling as:  Solo traveller
Reviewer: Stacykorina 1 review from this member

I have just spent a great 4 nights at Middlehills Farm, I was blessed with the weather as weíve just had a mini heatwave but wow, just wow!

Itís literally 360 panoramic view of the most glorious views, itís picture perfect, postcard beautiful!

The site is pristine, everything is neat, tidy and clean, the staff were lovely & friendly.

I will definitely be going back in the future.

Things people might want to know so you can prepare for your visit:

Wasps, I was on pitch no 1 ehu & I was plagued by wasps, I just had to get used to them in your tent all day & then turf any stray ones out at night time, take a repellent or dare I say, wasp spray, I got stung on my hand setting up my tent in the first hour of being there. But donít let that deter you, Iíd get stung again for those views!

Pitch No 1 Ehu - this is right next to the gate which is the entrance for all cars and people exiting the farm so be prepared for a bit of people traffic, again not a problem and didnít bother me as Iím an early riser but did seem to bother my dog Ziggy the 1 year old yappy chihuahua so again go prepared if you have a reactive dog, I did take 3 Windbrakes thinking it would be enough but Iíd prob take another when I return, just in case.

Toilets & Showers clean & tidy, even smelt nice & clean

Shop, I love the little shop, whatever you fancied or needed is in there, reasonably priced

Ice cream visits the farm

Animals, love that you can just walk about and see chickens walking by your tent, pigs, horses & cows around the farm, I mean all I get to see in my normal life is dogs, cats & pigeons so warms your heart to wake up to this for a few days.

The views, stunning, Iíll talk you through this, I think I had the best pitch for a great view in my opinion although I didnít get a good nosey around everywhere, theyíre good be better

But from my point of view, I stood up out of my tent, walked through the gate down the path a bit and I just stand there and soak it up, I did every sunrise and every sunset & it was glorious.

To the left if youíre luck you get to see one of the horses grazing on the field then you scan slowly to the right at itís just stunning, picturesque, all this greenery, a little house which at night looks cozy lit up in the middle of all these little hills, then you move onto the cows, again if youíre lucky theyíll all be there to greet you, then you move onto the farm site & house, itís just beautiful!

I loved my stay, it gave me everything I needed and more!

Date of Visit: August 2023 Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 4 Travelling as:  With friends
Reviewer: Sharon Mills1973 1 review from this member

We arrived on Monday at 3 pm and were greeted by the lady in reception who was lovely, she told us our pitch number (electric) and said our friends (non-electric) could camp in front of us. All good so far.

When we pitched, we realised that the field was not flat at all, there was a massive slope which made camping very difficult (the kitchen stand/table was not flat, so plates and cups were sliding around and we rolled together every night on the airbed), interestingly the farmhouse lawn (residents accommodation) was perfectly flat.

The electric field which we were in was the closest to the quarry, work there begins at 6 am and finishes at 1 am, so lorries with reversing beepers, gravel being moved around, sirens, banging etc, it is bad enough in the day but awful at night when everything else is quiet. There is no mention of this noise on their website, it should be there so people can make an informed choice on whether to stay or not.

The showers are 20p a minute, the coin box is outside the cubicle and the showers start immediately after the money is put in, so you have to undress in the shower cubicle, wrap yourself in a towel, put the money in, run back in and lock the door and unwrap yourself wasting at least 10 seconds. The water flow is poor. Ridiculous that you have to pay so much after paying for the pitches already, this is only the second campsite I have visited that does this. Also, the showers are shut off at 9. 30 pm, beware if you have put money in as you will lose it!

The campsite has a barrier which closes at 11 pm and reopens at 6. 30 am, bad luck if you are out late.

You are not allowed to use your own fire pit only rent/buy the one in the shop, the wood is expensive and is not proper wood so it burns very quickly. We were told by the lady in reception (presumably one of the owners) that we could cut some branches off a fallen tree on the drive but when her husband saw us doing this he was obviously unhappy, we were told don't take the big logs, another camper's son was told to return the small branches he was carrying as it didn't belong to him!

When we left, we had stacked the remaining wood neatly against the wall, the owner's husband came and told us quite aggressively to return it to the pile before we left. He was very rude, no questions about our stay or hope to see you again just the barked request!

Our friend was given the Wi-Fi code when she asked at reception (the owner again) but when I asked in the shop (I'm not sure who I spoke to) I was told there is no Wi-Fi (paid or free) I was told to walk around the field and I would probably find a spot where my data would work better. There is Wi-Fi in the shop but it only works in the shop so they can take your card payment.

The toilets were cleaned regularly but the grass had been cut on one of the fields so there was grass strewn over the floor and there were no toilet brushes so you can imagine how people left the toilets! There was limited soap too, the lady from the shop told me they were waiting for a delivery. I never saw the showers cleaned, the floor was always muddy from people's shoes when I went in for a shower.

Lots and lots of petty rules. I would not stay here again despite there being a lovely play area for the children and some farm animals.

Date of Visit: September 2022 Unit:  Campervan
Nights stayed: 1 Travelling as:  Solo traveller
Reviewer: LEO02 38 reviews from this member

Liked- Well kept and tidy site, warm welcome by manager, off ground firepits allowed, clean toilets and shower,

Best thing of all was the value for money.

At £9 pppn, it is great value.

Disliked- The site is half a mile away from a massive quarry, and though you cant see it, you can definitely hear it in the background.

Its not overwhelming, but some people wont like the feint quarry noise.

Date of Visit: May 2022  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 1 Travelling as:  Family with older children
Reviewer: Mick fox 1 review from this member

Every thing from the first time we drove into the site was fantastic.

Well signed at the entrance and booking in office, great welcome from the host's and all facilities were very clean and tidy.

I would recommend this site to anyone.

Date of Visit: September 2021  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 4 Travelling as:  Family with young children
Reviewer: Steves 1 review from this member

Beautiful location, clean, well-kept site to high standard.

Nearby quarry is not an issue, just faint sound of a generator or something similar.

There is a rustic children's play area which is well constructed but little ones need to be closely supervised if you want to avoid a visit to A and E.

Date of Visit: August 2021  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  Extended family
Reviewer: Chega4 1 review from this member

Beautiful campsite with wonderful play area for kids.

Amenities good, clean, but not luxurious.

Only issues: proximity of quarry (loud up till 11 some days, problem for little ones); charging for showers (seems a little cheap at this end of the market.

Overall, though, very happy.

Date of Visit: July 2021  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Group
Reviewer: Sjhhil 1 review from this member

Fantastic campsite. Very family friendly. Clean facilities. Great stay.

Great to stay at a campsite that have noise level rules at night. Thank you 🙏

Date of Visit: August 2020  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Family with young children
Reviewer: Claire 1 review from this member

Lovely site. Not overcrowded. Great location. Plenty of facilities. Convenient little shop on site.

Our daughter loved playing on the playground and Seeing the animals.

We will definitely be going back.

Date of Visit: July 2020 Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 5 Travelling as:  Family with young children
Reviewer: The Mighty Whites 2 reviews from this member

A lovely well run site.

Good facilities and my children loved the animals.

Owners were really helpful and friendly. A bit inconvenient having to pay for the showers but this is the only criticism.

Would definitely visit the site again.

Date of Visit: May 2019 Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  Group
Reviewer: Taafe75 14 reviews from this member

We stayed here for the late May Bank Holiday 2019 in a small group of, with two tents and a camper van.

The staff were excellent even finding me to return the chopping board I had managed to leave near the shop.

The was a bacon butty van on the morning of the weekends if you didn't fancy making something yourself.

The toilets and showers were very clean but my only negative would be that you had to pay for a shower that lasted 5 minutes but I rushed and came out and had half my time left (take a watch in with you)

All in all this is a lovely little camp site with friendly, helpful staff. I will certainly be returning here again soon.

Previous     156 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Share  Post on X / Twitter  Share on Facebook  Email

Write a Review of this Site to Win an Outdoor Revolution Prize and £150

Write a review of this campsite and you could win an Outdoor Revolution Screenhouse 4 worth £299 AND £150 of Amazon vouchers. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win! Leave as many as you can for more chances - submit your review here!

Outdoor Revolution strive to facilitate precious family leisure time by creating the most reliable, practical and exceptional value for money Family Tents, Caravan & Driveaway Awnings on the market, together with our endless vision for innovation and quality! Therefore, there has never been a better time to rediscover camping and caravanning with Outdoor Revolution!

Is Middlehills Farm Campsite child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Middlehills Farm Campsite?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is Middlehills Farm Campsite dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Matlock      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Derbyshire

UKCS Meet East Anglian Game and Country Fair 27/04 to 28/04
All the fun of the Game and Country Fair taking place at Euston Estate near Thetford - you can even camp over for the weekend - enter our competition to win tickets Find out More

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2024