Reviews of Stonehenge Campsite

Campsite Search > UK > England > South West > Wiltshire > Stonehenge > Stonehenge Campsite Reviews

Stonehenge Campsite
SP3 4TQ

Special Offer available to UKCampsite.co.uk visitors - see here

Pitches: 15-50 Plus 5 Luxury and 2 Basic Glamping Pods

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Glamping Units
 No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 Shop On Site   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 Fishing <5 miles   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <5 miles   No Cycle Hire   Golf <5 miles   No Tennis
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport On Site  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  88 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9

Our site is open and we are taking bookings , please be assured you can book with confidence. Our toilets are Open. Our showers are Open. Other communal areas may be restricted - please check with us for more information

To enquire about a booking or for more information please contact us

Date of Visit: July 2020  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Motorhome
Nights stayed: 7 Travelling as:  Retired couple
Reviewer: Sausage8159 3 reviews from this member

Lovely family site. Nice to see children having loads of fun, also good to see people enjoying fire pits.

We are retired, done the family thing, so will go back, but not in the field as that's where the families are.

Two nice pubs open, both a short cycle ride.

Enjoyed our stay, will return.

Only complaint, water in washing up area not hot

Date of Visit: July 2020  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 1 Travelling as:  Solo traveller
Reviewer: Doris the Caravan 2 reviews from this member

Lovely camp site and extremely friendly staff. Excellent loo and shower blocks. Good walks directly from site.

Only slight gripe is I had to clear up fag ends on my pitch before I could put up my awning. I don't believe it is the site's staff responsibility to clear it up but campers should always clear up their own mess before departing.

Date of Visit: July 2020  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Family with young children
Reviewer: Carola71645pof 1 review from this member

If you have children I would not advise you to use this site, my children was not aloud to play and make any noise like children should,

After 5 months of lock down and not aloud to go anywhere I think they where a little exited,

Would not use again

Date of Visit: September 2018 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Ddjf 2 reviews from this member

The entrance sign by the field is totally confusing not a good start. The facilities for the Gents are only average but very good for the ladies. Showers are 20p goes to charity.

A tap or two around the site does not work properly and the lights around the facilities and washing up area are awful. Pitch black in the evenings a torch is a must. Good bus service at site entrance.

New wardens have just taken on the site so a bit of a learning process although they are experienced, time will tell if the site improves, but it is a site worth a few days visit.

Also good value compared with other sites in the area. Previous review is comparable to mine.

Date of Visit: June 2018 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Dunnies 1 review from this member

My wife and I (and dog) spent 2 very enjoyable nights here in June just after the summer solstice celebrations.

Finding the site from the A303 is very easy and Sat Nav took us right to the gate with no issues at all.

On entering the site, finding the reception area was a bit confusing and we initially ended up in a field half full of hippies but fortunately, they pointed us in the right direction. 2 minutes later, with the faint whiff of mushroom tea long behind us we managed to check in.

Check in was straightforward, as it should be and we were provided with some leaflets on the local area and a map showing some good walks for the dog.

We were left to choose our own spot in the field which was almost empty as we pitched our camper van and awning but steadily filled up as the evening went on. Despite there being units all around the perimeter of the field, the middle was left empty and so we never felt overcrowded. The field itself was flat and well maintained so no need for leveling blocks.

On the first night, a gang of kids were making a nuisance of themselves but the on-site warden was quick to intervene and send them back to their parents which was nice to see. Too many sites don't back up their own rules - this site isn't one of them.

I read some negative reviews of the wardens on here but I found them to be efficient and friendly and happy to chat to the campers.

By 10pm the site was almost silent and we found ourselves whispering whilst sipping our gin and tonics under the moonlight and stars - lovely!

There is a lovely walk to the Boot Inn from the back of the campsite, just over a mile away and mostly through fields although the country lane was quiet with just a handful of cars passing. It took us about 20 mins in the hot sunshine.

The pub was friendly with a good range of draught beers and the food looked very tasty but we didn't eat there.

We did find it odd that they stopped serving food at 1:30pm and closed completely at 3:30pm despite still having customers sat in the garden. Clearly didn't need the custom!

Okay, so far so good - lovely camping area, within walking distance of the pub and very peaceful.

There was just one big let down in my opinion and that was the toilet/showers for the men. They are just too small and cramped. Additionally, the idea of doing my business in a cubicle whilst somebody showered immediately next to me did not make me feel comfortable. As an ex-military man, I resorted to the 'shower in a can' (deodorant) approach for 2 days but I guess some people wouldn't want to do that.

There is a separate toilet/shower which is self-contained but everybody wanted to use that for the additional privacy so was rarely free.

We didn't use the camp kitchen but it looked very clean with lots of extras (washing-up liquid, microwave etc). I couldn't find the toaster though so not sure if that has been removed now.

It was also nice to see recycling facilities rather than just a single skip for rubbish.

Would I go here again? Yes, I most definitely would use this campsite for a short break. If the toilet/shower area was improved then I would consider staying longer.

In summary, we had a relaxing, peaceful 2 day break in a beautiful part of the country on a clean, efficient campsite and we will book here again very soon.

Date of Visit: May 2018 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Stickg 2 reviews from this member

A friendly, clean and well run site, near to all the local amenities. The grass pitch for our large tent was immaculate and the showers were close by and always very clean. There was a large family group with several young children there at the same time as us and they appeared to be having a great time with plenty of room for them to safely run wild and play together.

There were two local pubs close by for food & drink, with a small garage and shop for supplies. We cycled to the Stonehenge visitors center which was very scary as the traffic was ruthless, however we found a much quieter and more enjoyable route back.

There were various family groups having BBQ's in the evening in the supplied fire pits and we cooked and ate outside as the site was quite and picturesque. Altogether would definitely recommend this site for camping.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Njbeecroft 9 reviews from this member

Great site - closest site to Stonehenge which is a good walk or easy cycle ride away. The facilities are all top notch but should be for the price, which is is also top of the range.

We booked late and the wardens were very helpful. All in all a brilliant site with immaculate facilities and beautifully landscaped and maintained.

The local pub is also within walking distance. I've not given it a 10 because I think it's expensive for what it is and for some reason you can't use the washing /drying facilities after 4pm, which is generally when you would need them!

Date of Visit: April 2016 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Fionavan 39 reviews from this member

Stayed here for the first time in April & we're already booked to return.

Beautiful quiet spot, easy to find, pretty pitches, spotlessly clean ladies showers ( apologies, I didn't get chance to check the gents), well equipped camp kitchen and a friendly welcome when we arrived.

There are large well maintained camping fields, and the pods looked great - this would be an excellent site if you have friends with mixed camping abilities!

The nearby village has a farm shop & both pubs serve excellent food - all within walking distance.

If you fancy a slightly longer walk, you can walk to Stonehenge - even if you don't go in, you can still walk past as you complete a circular walk back to the campsite.

The bus to Salisbury stops at the top of the drive into the campsite - lots to see and do plus very good market, a variety of shops, and of course the cathedral ( don't tell everyone, but you can take your dog inside!)

I can't comment on children's facilities but there was plenty of space & lots of fresh air.

A real gem of a site.

Date of Visit: November 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Lccaravan 3 reviews from this member

Wow, what a find. This is an amazing camp site, good size hard standings, super heated toilet and shower blocks, always spotlessly clean. The campers kitchen had a cooker, fridge, and tea and coffee you could help yourself to, they had thought of everything, even a DVD library as the TV reception was not good at all.

There are also Glamping pods which looked lovely

Easy walk to 2 pubs via footpaths, just ask for a map.

Easy to get to Stonehenge.

I would certainly visit again and recommend to anyone, Wardens very friendly thank you for a great visit.

Date of Visit: October 2015 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Maxyjohn 11 reviews from this member

On our return home from a fabulous few days in Dorset and Devon we decided to visit Stonehenge and chose this site as our last stopover. It's a really pretty, small site with nice touches. Having stayed on some smashing sites in Devon and Dorset with spotless facilities at no extra cost to the nightly tariff, I was very disappointed, when, ready for a nice hot shower, I realised this was chargeable!

I had no change to pay for a shower, and this was not mentioned when booking in, or on the website. Whilst this might sound trivial, I do feel for the price, a shower was not too much to ask! We will not return.

Previous     88 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Write a Review of this Site to Win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Is Stonehenge Campsite child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Stonehenge Campsite?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is Stonehenge Campsite dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Stonehenge      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Wiltshire

UKCS Meet Camping Exhibition, Wokingham 26/06 to 26/07
Approximately 100 different tents on display, and a range of camping accessories ...more