Visitor Reviews - Hopleys Family Camping

Campsite Search > UK > England > Central > Worcestershire > Bewdley > Hopleys Family Camping Reviews

Hopleys Family Camping
Doddingtree Farm
Cleobury Road
Bewdley
Worcestershire   (Browse area)
DY12 2QL

Pitches: 49 caravans, numerous tents and 4 tipis for hire

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Glamping Units
 No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant On Site   Wifi Access
 Fishing On Site   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool 5 miles   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding 5 miles   Cycle Hire 1 mile   Golf 1 mile   Tennis 1 mile
 No Beach   Watersports 1 mile   No Boat Launch
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  136 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14

Date of Visit: August 2018 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Canvassleeper 8 reviews from this member

We had a great weekend at Hopleys. It is obviously v popular as it was very busy but had a lovely friendly atmosphere. Central toilet block is great - clean and relatively new facilities. There was a bit of a queue for toilets and washing up sometimes, but I think they were having a very busy weekend. Water was consistently super hot. Good size pitches with space for children to play - and a more informal area if you donít want hook up. Nice to have play areas for kids and there is loads to do nearby. Well stocked little shop. We didnít try the pizza but will do next time.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Dad1uk 32 reviews from this member

We have just returned from a weekend here with friends, we were both in our Folding Campers.

Had a pleasant weekend but wow what a difference the Bank Holiday made. We ended up perched on the edge of the road with one wheel needing a wheel ramp and blocks to get the camper level. Our friends were facing down the hill because they hadn't enough blocks. They parked there car across the front of the trailer just in case it moved.

We were in the far corner which on the whole was very pleasant and quieter than other parts.

I realise it was Bank Holiday and there busy time but the Portacabin toilets by us were disgusting and bordering on being dangerous. I appreciate they are probably locked up most of the year but the insides were dirty and horrible, the gents toilet was built for children I think and was insecure on the floor, the wife got stuck in one of the ladies toilets, the hand rail was very wobbly to climb the steep steps in and out. It was a spiders paradise full of cobwebs and totally disgusting.

We would definitely make sure we get a proper pitch next time because the non-ehu areas are totally unsupervised and people spill over into what should be other pitches.

Not all doom and gloom, we still had a great weekend and will of course return, just not at a bank holiday!

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Sv246 22 reviews from this member

Went as a group of three families in 3 tourers for bank holiday weekend. All pitched together directly opposite the toilets and near to the bar area which didn't seem too bad at the outset. The toilet block doors weren't self closing so we were treated to the worlds loudest hand driers all through the night as the site is mainly tents. The bar and pizza oven were new and very good price wise and quality. As the weather was good the bar doors were open so the singer could be heard across the site but finished about 10pm. But in competition with the singer was the music from the tent area which went on into the small hours regardless of the 11pm curfew. No security or staff patrolling the park. Add to this dogs running free to pee up your awning, thank god the sun shone.

The cleanliness of the toilet block was poor, hot water for the showers was none existent one of the days and if you were lucky to get some you had to press the button every 6 seconds! Elsan point was a disgusting pipe in the ground.

The farm shop was good and the staff we encountered helpful and friendly

This is a camping site for groups in tents not a caravan site.

Bewdley is nice as is Wyre Forest but we would certainly stop elsewhere in the area if we came again.

Date of Visit: September 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: T-Vdubinit 1 review from this member

What an excellent site! This was my first visit to Hopely's and it really was a breath of fresh air. I came here very last minute, having had a bad experience at another site in Arley. I was greeted by Justin and the gang who immediately made me feel welcome and directed me to my pitch. My hard-standing pitch which was more than big enough for my camper and very close to the toilet/shower block. A very scenic site with a beautiful lake and great facilities including a clean shower block, a farm shop as you drive in which was plentifully stocked, a cafe serving hot and cold food all day, a bar on the evening and a it's own pizza hut. I bought food from both the cafe and pizza hut which was great. At the bottom of the site there is a beautiful fishing lake. There is a children's play area at the top of site. There are also teepees and bell tents to hire. Everyone seemed very happy and quickly made new friends.

I will definitely be returning to this site!

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Richardcoleman211 2 reviews from this member

Me and my family of 4 had such a great time staff couldn't do enough for us the park and its facilities are spotless the walks was lovely in the area. We would highly recommend this park to anyone Thank you for our lovley stay

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: JoBugCamper 1 review from this member

I made an enquiry on Hopyard Farm's website on Wednesday afternoon as to availability for Fri 1st/Sat 2nd July, I received a reply back from Philip by email just before 11pm. I confirmed during the day on Thursday. On arrival we were greeted by Wendy and Philip and Wendy walked me up to our pitch. It is a beautiful spot, all centred around a small fishing lake with views to Bredon Hills to one side and the Malverns to another. We walked to The Oak Inn at Defford for lunch on the Saturday, calling in to Revills Farm Shop on way back to the site to buy a selection of cheeses. The facilities are fairly basic but acceptable for a short break and the shower was hot. As previously mentioned the facilities are all near the reception at the front entrance so a little bit of a walk for everyone. But I would definitely recommend this site for its location and the owners.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Dad1uk 32 reviews from this member

First visit to Hopleys, wont be our last.

We went for three nights (Thu to Sun).

The site was almost deserted when we arrived on Thursday afternoon. Our designated pitch was almost in the middle of the site.

It was what I call a half and half pitch, half grass and half hard standing with EHU. Unfortunately the grass was quite badly rutted with tyre damage.

As previously mentioned the entrance to the site goes past the Farm shop (which is excellent!) and looks a bit untidy but once on the site it is much better.

The site is stepped down away from the offices. The top area seems just for caravans and is very sheltered, but go down the track from here and the site opens up.

There are four Yurts on decking which look fun if that's what takes your fancy.

At the bottom of the site are two ponds, one for fishing and one is a nature area.

Towards the bottom of the site they are building a new facilities block, which is desperately needed.

The Portacabins are barely adequate! The steps into them are very steep and the size of the WC is very small for a large gent like myself.

The facility block by the offices are excellent but a bit off a jaunt up hill.

The Pizza's were excellent, and heard good comments about the cafe but didn't use it ourselves.

It is a huge site, and I feel the Toilet/Showers would be struggling to cope if full.

There is plenty of room especially if you don't require EHU.

As said we will be returning.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Welshboy1 4 reviews from this member

Well, where to start. The good bits - Owner seems nice and staff all helpful. The pizza van they have serves great food made in a log burning pizza oven. The farm shop is extremely well stocked and top end. Although we booked late and checked the website there was no information prior to arrival about live music or booking in times.

The bad news - I have never been to a campsite and experienced this, night one power off for well over 2 hours, when we asked we were told there was a problem with the fuse.

Day 1 live music there was a marquee just in front of the pizza van, you can only eat or drink what you bought from the site. If your in the top half of the site your caravan will vibrate with the noise of at best amateur, out of tune acts and drunk customers wailing at the band's they put on. Hardly family friendly if you want your kids to get to bed any time before 10pm.

Day 2 - After the electrics were fixed the night before we only experienced 4 power outages that night! The only joy was one only lasted 15min and the others were around 30 mins.

Day 3 - This tops it tonight, the band has full on electric guitars I am sat in my van and can't even hear my tv or listen to any good music due to the din! All day there has been quite a few drunk people staggering around the site, quite loud mouthed with little regard for what their kids are up to, plenty of them dropping litter in the playground. It's funny I'd quite enjoy a power cut tonight.

My wife took a shower earlier and reported that they were in a state, the shower heads are full of limescale and there are no shower curtains. I went to the gents and there wa no toilet paper and 2 cubicles and 2 showers for the whole of the top site.

I must point out I both enjoy a drink and go out of my way to watch live music by all types of artists so this isn't written by someone who's boring by any stretch.

To sum up it's not for me, the only site both myself and wife or the two kids have decided we would not return to in 4 years of caravanning.

Date of Visit: March 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Kirstsw 32 reviews from this member

I have mixed views about this site. When you first drive on it looks quite untidy and not very welcoming. Having said that the owners are friendly and helpful. The lower part of the site is like driving into a different campsite. A lot of work has been done landscaping and building the new amenities block. There are also lovely views from this part of the site. As it was out of season it wasn't busy but I can imagine it being extremely busy in high season. The toilet/shower block was warm and the showers very very hot. They were not cleaned in the 2 nights that we stayed. Perhaps because the site wasn't busy. The cleaner did arrive as we left on day 3. Bewdley is about a mile downhill from the site but is a nice walk with a good uphill walk on the way back. Bewdley is small but has lots of shops, pubs, cafes etc so is worth a visit. We were. Charged a midweek rate at £17. 50 p/n with EHU which I think is reasonable.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Pandk 11 reviews from this member

This is a nice large site.

The facilities were excellent as long as you walked up to the main block. There were several portcabin and portaloo around the site that were showing their age, but great if your wanting the loo in the night without a walk. Our only issue was that noone told us where the main block of loo/shower were until we walked past them. There were plenty of drinking water taps too.

Onsite pizza shop was busy and live music on Saturday was good.

Play area for younger campers.

For non-electric campers the choice of pitch was wide, from lakeside under the trees to a wide area of grass.

Previous     136 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Worcestershire

Win a £299 Clarke IG1200B Suitcase Generator! Win an Outwell Electric Barbecue Package worth over £205

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 6 to 7th July, Derbyshire