Visitor Reviews - Tyn Rhos Caravan And Camping Park

Campsite Search > UK > Wales > Isle of Anglesey > Moelfre > Tyn Rhos Caravan And Camping Park Reviews

Tyn Rhos Caravan And Camping Park
Lligwy
Moelfre
Isle of Anglesey   (Browse area)
LL72 8NL

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Open: 01/03 To 31/10

Fishing 1 mile   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Horse Riding   No Cycle Hire   Golf 5 miles   No Tennis
 Beach 1 mile   Watersports 1 mile   No Boat Launch
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  20 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10

Date of Visit: July 2019 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Ibbo2 1 review from this member

Lovely quiet location each pitch has its own water supply

Toilet and shower block very clean, shower very hot and powerful operated with a 50p token

Clean up area very clean fridges washers etc

10min walk to the beach, excellent fish shop and local shop in the village, we drove into benllech on a evening for a meal.

Dog friendly he really had a great time, llwigy beach dog friendly all year round

28 for the pitch which we thought expensive but it was Worth it

Date of Visit: July 2019 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Nights stayed: 9 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Stefarno 1 review from this member

What a lovely site, we decided to extend our holiday and went to see a few more sites, absolutely made up we found Tyn Rhos.

We were on another site only a few minutes away and had to vacate at 11am, Tyn Rhos was 12 o'clock check in. We wanted to stay near Llgwy beach but with the hour inbetween was a major problem, where to park or wait with a caravan.

The lady I spoke to was lovely and very helpful and said we could go to our pitch early if it was free, and if not they have space to park. This was great for us as it meant we could stay in the area.

From arriving Friday its been so relaxing, the facilities are fab, you get tokens for the showers 50p for 6 minutes believe me best 50p you will spend the best showers on a campsite we've been on.

Its that nice I rang today and booked another 2 days and the gentleman I spoke to was great.

Loving life thanks to Tyn Rhos xx

Happy Campers x

Date of Visit: July 2018 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Jusbluey 22 reviews from this member

My partner & I & our 3 dogs have just returned from a gorgeous weekend at this site, the weather was glorious.

It was very much a last minute booking & I tried to get on the sister site Bodafon, but it was full, so I was offered its other site, Melin Rhos. We arrived at Bodafon to book in & was received with a friendly greeting. The gentleman then started to give me directions to Melin Rhos I realised that the site was further away from the coast than I wanted so he kindly said we could have a pitch on their other site at Tyn Y Rhos, which was closer to the coast.

Upon arrival we were pleasantly met & taken to our pitch. A grass, uneven pitch, with water & electric, & good tv signal, which I was was pleased with, not so much the pitch. So close to the next campers (no 6m rule here). The toilet facilities seemed ok, though I didn't use the showers, so cannot comment on them. There isn't a dog walk as such, but an old track to the side of the site, with a poo bin, (I only wish everyone would clear up, dog mess & litter), but I thought this was perfectly adequate.

It is a short walk (10mins) on the road to a fab beach Lligwy with a car park, cafe & toilets (not the best, but that could be down to those who use them ).

On the Friday night we walked down the fairly busy road into Moelfre, about 30mins, to enjoy some of the best fish & chips I have ever had. Great that there was seating outside, so we could sit with the dogs, & then walk back to the site (with full bellys).

On Saturday we walked the coast path to Benllech, which was a lovely walk, with good views all along. We then caught a bus back to Moelfre (the bus doesn't go any further) & walked back along the coast path to the site.

On Sunday we walked the other way on the coast path but as we hadn't got a walking map we had to abort the walk at an estuary, so we spent the rest of the day on the beach. We had parked our motorhome on the car park (5 9-6pm) as we were heading home later in the day.

Overall, we had a lovely weekend & it certainly improved my thoughts of Anglesey. However, I wouldn't return to the site as I thought it was a bit of a mish mash of units, I didn't like the unveven pitch & how close it was to the next unit & at 30 per night I thought that was expensive ( we paid 31 per night in Cornwall last summer & that was for a 5* site). I think for a short stay it is adequate

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Pattythefish 2 reviews from this member

We camped here with our 4 and 6 year old for 2 nights.

This is a basic site with good clean facilities which were sufficient for our trip.

Camp site was on a slight slope by this didn't impact us.

The staff were really friendly and helpful when needed.

There is no kids entertainment but there is enough open space for them to create there own fun.

Site is a 10 minute gentle walk to the beach and less than 5 minutes drive to Moelfre

Overall we had a great trip but the cost was a bit expensive given the basic facilities and the fact you pay extra for the showers.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Wil666 1 review from this member

Stayed here for 5 days. The views are lovely. Toilets are awful very dated and not very clean always hairs left in sinks. Showers are also very old fashioned and not very inviting.

Dogs are allowed but there are no bins provided to put your doggy bags in so you have to carry it around until you get to the one and only bin on the site by reception. Very noisy at night kids hanging around the toilet block until late into the night.

The owners where ok not as friendly as I had been led to believe. Overall ok holiday good location.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Belle 18 reviews from this member

We have just left this site after 1 week stay, the guy on site tried to put our twin axle caravan on a pitch which sloped so much our van was on 2 breeze blocks high on the door side it was too high for the step and we would never had got the awning on, after complaining he put us on a pitch further down the field which was still not level, he told me the side we had been allocated was only for tents our friends van was also on blocks the main office at Bodafon should take more care in siting tourers

The toilets/shower block could do with a good scrub, the site would benefit from a little play area for children apart from that it was well kept the grass was always kept short and there was a good tv reception

The details should say that some part of the site is not level for tourers even in a tent you would be on a slope on the up side all pitches had fresh water, waste and 10 amp electric

Will we go back no

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Johirst 1 review from this member

Just had two weeks here, very basic but lovely site, no clubhouse or shop or play area. We have two young children aged 4 and 6 and they had a brilliant time, who needs swings and slides when you've got such beautiful beaches a stone's throw away to play on:-). The showers and toilets were always clean and tidy and the site itself was very clean. The one morning that the seagulls had managed to get into the bins it was quickly tidied up by the groundsman. It's a 3 min drive or 30min walk (with two little people) into moelfre which has a great chippy, a lovely pub that serves great food and a few cafes and a minimart for your groceries. Def visit again, in fact just booked this morning for May half term week

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Torvil 3 reviews from this member

Arrived at this site after making a booking via phone and attending its sister site approximately 4 miles to pay/check in.

The site is split between statics on certain fields and seasonal tourers/tourers and tents on the remaining fields.

There is no shop on site but the village of Moelfre is a 5 minute drive/ 20 min walk with a little shop, pub, restaurants and cafe which are all nice. The each is a 5-10 walk away and is a great family sandy beach with toilets and a small shop and ideal for children/swimming etc.

The site; sadly I got the impression that its run on a shoestring budget with every expense spared, from the poorly designed shower block which relies on everyone who enters to close the internal door to save anyone seeing you getting in/out of the showers naked, insufficient hooks or no bench to dress or undress, wet sink surface and dirty window sills, meant that its difficult to keep your towel or clothes dry or clean when washing or shaving, the showers which were lukewarm only, the laundry and washing up facilities were scruffy and the bins overflowing due either not having enough bins or collections and no recycling facilities. At one point I filled the sink up about three times to find the hot (warm) water was brown. I asked one of the maintenance guys if they knew about it, and they told me the tanks had had a flushing agent put in them.

As there is no warden on site, the place appears to be un-policed and saw some scary moments as cars travel around the child packed site at 20 mph on the Tarmac roads.

In addition to this I saw a contractor on site driving a Nissan Nivara, towing a plant trailer around and constantly on the phone, as he drove up and down passing children.

Having said that, we experienced heavy rain for 24hours which left large puddles around the grassed areas, which drained quickly.

If this site cost 15 per night I wouldn't be so critical, but with no play area, chargeable showers, and the cost cutting nature of the site, I wouldn't be in a rush to stay here again.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Moljosh 6 reviews from this member

Site was split into static vans, seasonal pitches and tourers. Was put onto grassed area by tractor as ground was very boggy due to the amount of rain. Even with blocks provided we were unable to level van

The 'modern' toilet block was in need of a good cleaning and was in fact dirty.

Litter was left to blow about with overflowing bins in the yard. The washing machine area was primitive with trees growing through the window.

The site was in walking distance of the beach and Molfre with a good pub and well stocked shop.

It was a good spot to tour Anglesey. With a little more TLC this could be a good site.

Date of Visit: July 2012 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Invisibleinc 1 review from this member

My family visited the campsite for 9 days in July, due to my wife having a week off we booked from Friday night until the following Sunday. Unfortunately being self employed I had to leave on the first Sunday and come back the following Friday, leaving my Wife with the 2 kids for the week. My son and daughter are 11 and 12 and not afraid of walking so the fact they had no car was irrelevant. From my 4 days at the site this is solely based on my view.

The first weekend the field we were in was quite busy but not over crowded and we had a satisfactory pitch, for those people that moan about their pitch and none of this and none of that, your camping, get over it, you want the Ritz then book the Ritz (Rant over).

Lligwy beach is a 5 to 10 minute walk away and the family spent nearly every single day there either just playing or swimming and loved every minute.

There is a small shop at the beach for ice creams and the likes but there is also a small village shop in Moelfre which took them about 25 minutes to walk to, when I was with them, it is a 5 minute car journey to Benllech which has all your normal shops like Spa, Cost cutter, chip shops etc.

The facilities on the site were spotless, the toilets and showers were cleaned daily and although a bit more expensive than other sites at 50p a shower, you had 6 minutes of lovely hot water.

The warden was seen most days around the site and if you needed more tokens, instead of having to go to the main office at Bodafon campsite (5 minute car journey), you could obtain then from him.

The second weekend was a little busier, with all but 1 electric hook up in our field taken and tents pitching in the middle of the field as well.

Only criticism there would be lack of play area for the kids with a ball or frisby but they managed and everybody was friendly, if they wanted a bigger area to play, as I said, the beach was 5 minutes away.

The only complaint I have is that on our field near to the electric hook up and the taps (which are located all around the field) there was a manhole cover which had been damaged by either a tractor cutting the grass or a vehicle of some sorts and every now and then we had the not so delightful odour of the main drains wafting into our trailer, this I am sure is a temporary thing and will be fixed within the near future. But that's camping for you.

Would definitely recommend if you are after secluded and will definitely be going back again.

Previous     20 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other Sites Near Moelfre      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Isle of Anglesey

Win Kids Camping Essentials worth 100! Win a BUZZ RACK Buzzpro Towball Platform

UKCS Meet Shackerstone Family Festival 31/08 to 01/09, Leicestershire
Includes arena entertainment, vintage cars, canal boats, planes, railways and much more! EXCLUSIVE Discounted weekend camping tickets ...more