Reviews of Manorafon Farm Touring And Camping

Campsite Search > UK > Wales > Conwy > Abergele > Manorafon Farm Touring And Camping Reviews

Manorafon Farm Touring And Camping
Gwrych Park
Llanddulas
Abergele
Conwy   (Browse area)
LL22 8ET

Open: 1st March To 30th September

Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 Shop On Site   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   No Wifi Access
 Fishing <1 mile   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool <1 mile   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <5 miles   Cycle Hire <5 miles   Golf <1 mile   Tennis <1 mile
 Beach <1 mile   Watersports <5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring <10 miles
 Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Not Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport On Site  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  179 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18

Date of Visit: September 2019 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Nights stayed: 5 Travelling as:  Retired couple
Reviewer: Jubilee1949 13 reviews from this member

We have stayed here lots of times and itís always the same nicely set out.

Toilets always clean and tidy showers are a bit tight and clothes tend to get damp I donít like the button showers but each to there own.

Plenty to do in Abergele good pubs that do food a Chinese restaurant and a tapas bar all worth a visit canít fault it at all and we will be back

Date of Visit: May 2019 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Nights stayed: 8 Travelling as:  Young couple
Reviewer: Purplenel 17 reviews from this member

We chose this site because I had a swim at Colwyn Bay on the bank holiday Monday and it was close and dog friendly.

The site itself was pretty nice. Not too many rules, nice location, ok facilities.

It didn't matter if you had forgotten anything because the Tesco was literally a 5 minute walk away and there were lots of big shops nearby. There were plenty of pubs in the town. I particularly liked the Hoptimist. You didn't need a car at all. The bus stopped right outside the site and you could go anywhere - we bought weekly tickets and took full advantage.

We found the area towards Colwyn Bay and Llandudno nicer than the other direction towards Rhyll but that's a personal choice!

The bad things were that the toilet paper ran out a lot, one of the gent's toilets blocked twice and flooded once, there were grass clippings everywhere. Most of my gripes were with other campers not the site though - one of the ladies toilets was difficult to flush and I ended up flushing it after other users had left it pretty much every day, grass clippings walked into the shower cubicles, rubbish left at the washing up sinks.

On the good side though the washing up water was hot and not push button taps, the showers were free and hot and I only had to wait once, there were enough toilets too, we were left alone.

I would go back.

Date of Visit: August 2018 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Briff 15 reviews from this member

A really nice site, very friendly staff and a lovely location. The facilities for loo and showering were acceptable. Two showers and toilet cubicles per gender I was a little concerned with the number of folk on sight but I didnít have to wait ever. One curious thing was that although there was a light in the washing up area it only seemed to be on at 5am, and I never found a switch for it. Same in the laundry room never found a light switch, but as I had my torch it was not too much bother.

One other. Thing they might consider is a field for kids to play ball games, the number of times a ball hit my stove and my car I was worried a kid might get hurt.

Date of Visit: July 2018 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Iantson 3 reviews from this member

We stayed here 2 years in a row, we stayed here 2017 and loved it so we didn't hesitate to return again in 2018.

Nice tent pitches with fence for privacy, very clean and tidy modern shower and toilet block.

Kids open farm on site for the kids, free wifi covering all the site.

I would highly recommend this site if your looking for a nice family site. We wouldn't hesitate to return again.

Date of Visit: July 2018 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: ZIZAG 28 reviews from this member

Lovely clean campsite and well laid out.

Staff very welcoming and helpful.

I stayed here two nights on a cycle and camping trip to North Wales.

Entrance to the site Is through a Castle portcullis which looks very regal. Then up a track to the campsite were the pitch's are all nicely sectioned off by hedges and fences own private area.

I stayed in the hilly terraced area designated Backpackers /cyclists with a great view all round, single water tap nearby

Toilets spotless men's 2x W/C plus 2x shower cubicles also 3x outdoor sinks for potwash, a small carriage type cafe called ' The Hungry Goat '. Was in the Process of opening up.

There is a farm on site for children to view the animals. All in All this is a Family orientated Campsite for a nice restful and pleasant stay. I would highly recommend.

Date of Visit: July 2018 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Mumoffive 17 reviews from this member

Just home from an amazing 2 weeks at Manorafon.

Wanted to book for next year before we left but sadly the booking isnít yet open.

Just not enough time to do everything we wanted.

Canít wait to come back to see how much has been done to the castle. To explore more of the lovely area. Maybe get back to Llanfairpwll. Not arriving at 3:55 on a Sunday.

Nothing to complain about other than the plants growing through fence on the alleyway to the toilets needing a trim. Oh and a mop in the disabled shower room would be useful.

Thank you everyone at Manorafon!

Date of Visit: June 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Khukari2 1 review from this member

Donít want to say too much in case everyone decides to visit and when I try to book again there wonít be any spare pitches!

In a word - excellent!

Toilets were immaculate, as the whole site was.

Not much else to say, 10 out of 10!

Date of Visit: June 2018 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Fergiespigeon 1 review from this member

First visit to this campsite, in fact first camping trip for us and we picked the right site to go to. A warm welcome where we were advised of our pitch location and all amenities. All pitches are individual so no problems with anybody encroaching onto your space. Toilet/shower block was spotless, not once did we have to queue for the loo or shower - and site was pretty full.

There is only 1 fresh water tap for campers to use but wasn't an issue, many of the hard standing pitches have their own supply anyway.

EHU is available on all pitches I think, with exception to those on the Terraced Hill.

A petting farm on-site is great for the kids, it is open to the public so can get quite busy but if staying on the campsite you get half price entry.

There is a Tesco store a few minutes away as well as pubs, chippy, butchers etc. We had a meal at The Bull after seeing recommendations on here and were not disappointed.

Overall very happy with the campsite and will definitely be returning

Date of Visit: May 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Josie+steve+bazil 27 reviews from this member

We have just returned from a wonderful week staying at this site. We were extremely lucky with the weather which made it near perfect! We arrived on a Saturday afternoon and it was very busy. There is a small petting farm adjacent to this site and there were a lot of families with young children around, using the little shop/ reception area to buy sweets and icecreams. We did wonder then, what we had come to but by Sunday afternoon, it had become much quieter. We went with another couple and had adjacent super pitches with views of Grytch Castle. I'm glad we did as we were on the edge of the site and we used all our own facilities so cannot comment on the shower/loo block. I believe though, by talking to other friends that were camping on the same site, that it does get busy there. Signage is minimal as they give you a map with all the information on but we did comment that there only seemed to be one freshwater tap for all the pitches that weren't superpitches. There was a variety of different shapes and sizes of pitches, so, if you had a big tent, you could have a big pitch! An icecream van came round every evening as well! The location of the site was perfect for exploring the North Wales coastline. There was also a handy Tesco, 5 minutes down the road. There is a massive weekend market near the funfair at Towyn which we went to on Sunday morning. It is just a 5 min car ride away. We had been told to go early, so we went at 9am. Glad we did as, by the time we came away at about 11am, the queue for the carpark was massive! There was a large meat trailer on the market and we bought one of his BBQ special packs with extra steaks, for £30, and that lasted the 4 of us all week!

There is a Golf Club at the back of the site and it did get noisy on one evening as they were having a do but for most of the time we were there, it was peaceful with virtually no road noise, especially as the site isn't too far away from the main A55 coast road. The whole touring site was well maintained and tidy.

Something that really gets me fired up though is that there are some individuals that do NOT clear up after their dogs. There is a narrow path that leads to the toilet emptying area. On our last morning, I went to empty said loo, and there was a pile of small dog poo right in the middle of the path! As you are pulling your cassette along, it was right in the way! As we no longer have a dog, my pockets don't have the dog poo bags in them as they used to, so I got one from another dog owner, and cleared it up myself. I know that any campsite owners would have trouble policing this and it's such a shame as this site is well maintained.

I would recommend this site and would stay here again if we return to this area.

Date of Visit: September 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: RIMMER 183 reviews from this member

As others have posted-a very quiet, peaceful site close to Abergele town itself and easy walking distance to the beach. A bus stop near the site entrance provides public transport to Llandudno or Rhyl and buses run late. A previous post commented that the toilet block was a bit small so have to agree with that. Also found the showers to be of the rather annoying push button type and the hot water to the basins of the men's was a little temperamental, did report it to the staff but don't know if it was ever fixed.

Previous     179 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Is Manorafon Farm Touring And Camping child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Manorafon Farm Touring And Camping?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is Manorafon Farm Touring And Camping dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Abergele      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Conwy

UKCS Meet Stratford Caravan & Motorhome Show 26/06 to 28/06
Over 350 new and used caravans and motorhomes, camp over with 3 nights of fantastic live entertainment, bar and food ...more