Reviews of Blossom Touring & Camping Park

Campsite Search > UK > Wales > Monmouthshire > Abergavenny > Blossom Touring & Camping Park Reviews

Blossom Touring & Camping Park
NP7 8BG
Tel: 07802 60 50 50

Special Offer available to UKCampsite.co.uk visitors - see here

Open: 01/03/2021 to 31/10/2021

No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   Freezer / Fridge   No Motorhome Point   Wifi Access
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant or Cafe or Takeaway <1 mile
 Fishing <10 miles   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <1 mile   Cycle Hire <5 miles   Golf <1 mile   No Tennis
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <5 miles  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  57 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Date of Visit: April 2021  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Motorhome
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Family with young children
Reviewer: Leahes 1 review from this member

Campsite ok but not for us having two children aged 9 and 13 and not permitted to ride scooters or bikes.

Ideal site to walk to and climb skirrid mountain.

Date of Visit: September 2020  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 7 Travelling as:  Retired couple
Reviewer: Eowen6 1 review from this member

Very friendly and helpful. Each pitch was surrounded by fruit trees and told we could help ourselves to the fruit, which was very much appreciated.

The site was quiet which gave us a peaceful holiday set in beautiful scenery also had good walks with the dog. We will certainly be staying there again.

Although the facilities were closed due to the virus they looked clean through the window.

On arrival on site would have been helpful to be informed of the layout of site eg dog walk, emptying of waste water etc.

There is a golf course next to the site and large shopping centre in Abergavenny.

Date of Visit: August 2020  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Motorhome
Nights stayed: 7 Travelling as:  Retired couple
Reviewer: Teresa 1 review from this member

Very quiet site. Owners helpful and friendly.

Ideal base for touring Wales.

Splendid views of the Skirrigg.

Close to Abergavenny and the Monmouth to Brecon canal

Date of Visit: April 2019 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  Other
Reviewer: ELECTRO 3 reviews from this member

I visited the site 2 years ago and it was fab, then I visited again twice last year so I thought I would add this review as we just returned again today.

As always a fab visit

James and family very welcoming and its very well kept and quiet here even on a packed bank hol weekend and I mean that literally, I took a few short videos for family and you can just hear birds but family thought I was recording with no sound and I'm not joking,

Very well maintained shower blocks and they are always clean, 50p I think for a shower and its a preset temp so no fussing with the temp and losing time actually washing, 20p to fill a bowl for washing your dishes,

Be it a tent, tourer or motorhome you will love it here and very generous pitch sizes too

So come on give it a shot

So close to Abergavenny and cheap parking there makes this a fab camping location and great for a family weekend away

Good luck and enjoy, robbie

Date of Visit: September 2017 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Treewilliams 5 reviews from this member

Lovely campsite. Camped at the bottom of site where the ground is flat. Toilet block is always clean with disabled facilities. 50p gives you a 5 min shower with hot water. 20p to use hot water for washing up in the 2 sink area. All this is up the top of the campsite next to reception so took the car in the rain as its a an uphill struggle as I am disabled. Friendly seasonal people about always willing to help.

Dogs welcome but must be kept on lead to exercise area

Over 50s get a discount so worth a mention if it applies to you

Overall nothing negative to say

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Edwa43 6 reviews from this member

We stayed here for one night at the end of our trip around the South Wales area. We booked last minute and called up from nearby checking availability and saying we would be there within an hour or so. When we arrived the site looked lovely, quiet and there are pretty trees, still growing, between the pitches.

No one was at reception when we arrived about 12:00 and were later told checking in is 13:00. We found the owner cleaning in the toilets and were then advised about the check in time. We apologised as we werenít advised when we called. We were checked in anyway, which was kind of them to be accommodating.

I had requested a flat grassy pitch with electric. We were advised there were two pitches to choose from as they were quite fully booked. We accepted the pitch and tried to set up. The pitches are on a slight incline so was a bit faffy getting the caravan flat but we managed in the end.

We were also advised at check in that you pay for the electric you use but you pay upfront and get a refund when you leave of what you havenít used, not a problem. So we paid what was requested and then obtained a refund on the way out the next day. We used 60p in less than 24 hours. We were out for most of the day and asleep by 22:00.

We returned from visiting friends about 19:30 in the evening and had a drive around the site to see what else was there as when we arrived we pitched and went out. At the bottom there seemed to be flat grassy pitches with electric, yet I was told they were fully booked; perhaps the electric wasnít working on these pitches, but I was disappointed to see this.

There are extra charges for the use of the showers. These are charged at 50p for 4 minutes, which I would say is a bit pricey for a site that has just charged us £18 per night, plus what electric we use.

We both used the showers in the morning before leaving and I would say that for this cost it is a bit much. The power of the showers is poor. I have shoulder length hair and would have struggled to wash and rinse in these showers, especially in the 4 minutes. Also if you feel you want a longer shower you have to wait until your first 50p has run out before you can add another, which means getting out of the shower and walking to the bank of payment machines then getting back in.

However, the site and facilities were spotless and cannot fault them on cleanliness or on their customer service letting us check in early.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Cockerspaniel 2 reviews from this member

We have just got back from blossom park where we had a very relaxing weekend. This is the third time we have visited this site

But it will not be our last. We found the owner Jim very helpful and friendly. The site is only a short distance from Abergavenny town and within easy reach of Hereford, Ross-on-wye and many other interesting places. The facilities are very clean and would have no problem recommending them to family and friends.

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Nigelsjab 3 reviews from this member

A very clean and tidy site, spacious pitches, only pay for the electricity that you use, very friendly and helpful staff, short walk to the town of Abergavenny and panoramic views from the Skirrid.

Will definitely be returning again.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Simone1 1 review from this member

Just spent a lovely long bank holiday weekend in our tourer. Read all reviews before we went and I I can say is they must gone to a different site. We had amazing time in a clean well looked after site.

Owner was helpful. Showers /washing up area spotless. We had 2 night stay and only used 98p in electric.

Would give this site 10/10. And hopefully get back there very soon.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: ELECTRO 3 reviews from this member

Ok my names robbie [for your records james, me and mum loved the site and stay keep it up be back soon] ive just come home from this site and wow what a lovely place to stay and area.

The owner james was so polite and helpful I really cant praise him enough he really does make sure your happy, I didn't get the chance to meet the family but guessing that they must be lovely too prices are very reasonable.

This was our first time in a tourer in over 20 years so I was unsure how things worked site side but was all fine. There are some seasonal campers but they are lovely although some leave their caravans there. We chatted to a gent and his good lady though I have forgotten their names but they spoke highly of james too and its obvious I WILL be back if he will have us back lol.

The town is 5 min drive away and parking is super cheap, we paid 1. 50 for 3 hours, and there's lots to see like the market and a tesco metro, b and m and poundland and a few designer shops to name a small few.

The site has no clubhouse [not an issue for us] and is more for the quiet type holiday maker who doesn't like noise. I laid outside my caravan with my mp3 player and fell asleep as was so quiet, I didn't plan on that lol.

You pay 20p I believe to fill your bowl to wash the dishes if you take them to the cleaning area and this goes to marie curie and you pay 50p for the shower 5 mins I believe and that's more than enough though. I must say how clean and well kept the laundry and shower/toilet area is along with the site

I'll be back soon. Thanks for a lovely time and having us and of course all the directions.

Previous     57 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Is Blossom Touring & Camping Park child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Blossom Touring & Camping Park?  There is a shop within 1 mile  View all facilities

Is Blossom Touring & Camping Park dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Abergavenny      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Monmouthshire

UKCS Meet New Forest Caravan & Motorhome Show 21/05 to 25/03
Browse the latest models, research purchases and watch expert webinars, all from the comfort of your sofa ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2021