Visitor Reviews - Blossom Park Abergavenny

Campsite Search > UK > Wales > Monmouthshire > Abergavenny > Blossom Park Abergavenny Reviews

Blossom Park Abergavenny
NP7 8BG
Tel: 07802 60 50 50

Special Offer available to UKCampsite.co.uk visitors - see here

Open: 1st Until October 31st

No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 Fishing 10 miles   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding 1 mile   Cycle Hire 5 miles   Golf 1 mile   No Tennis
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   Campfires Allowed   Not Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 5 miles  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  54 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Date of Visit: April 2019 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  Other
Reviewer: ELECTRO 3 reviews from this member

I visited the site 2 years ago and it was fab, then I visited again twice last year so I thought I would add this review as we just returned again today.

As always a fab visit

James and family very welcoming and its very well kept and quiet here even on a packed bank hol weekend and I mean that literally, I took a few short videos for family and you can just hear birds but family thought I was recording with no sound and I'm not joking,

Very well maintained shower blocks and they are always clean, 50p I think for a shower and its a preset temp so no fussing with the temp and losing time actually washing, 20p to fill a bowl for washing your dishes,

Be it a tent, tourer or motorhome you will love it here and very generous pitch sizes too

So come on give it a shot

So close to Abergavenny and cheap parking there makes this a fab camping location and great for a family weekend away

Good luck and enjoy, robbie

Date of Visit: September 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Treewilliams 5 reviews from this member

Lovely campsite. Camped at the bottom of site where the ground is flat. Toilet block is always clean with disabled facilities. 50p gives you a 5 min shower with hot water. 20p to use hot water for washing up in the 2 sink area. All this is up the top of the campsite next to reception so took the car in the rain as its a an uphill struggle as I am disabled. Friendly seasonal people about always willing to help.

Dogs welcome but must be kept on lead to exercise area

Over 50s get a discount so worth a mention if it applies to you

Overall nothing negative to say

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Edwa43 6 reviews from this member

We stayed here for one night at the end of our trip around the South Wales area. We booked last minute and called up from nearby checking availability and saying we would be there within an hour or so. When we arrived the site looked lovely, quiet and there are pretty trees, still growing, between the pitches.

No one was at reception when we arrived about 12:00 and were later told checking in is 13:00. We found the owner cleaning in the toilets and were then advised about the check in time. We apologised as we weren’t advised when we called. We were checked in anyway, which was kind of them to be accommodating.

I had requested a flat grassy pitch with electric. We were advised there were two pitches to choose from as they were quite fully booked. We accepted the pitch and tried to set up. The pitches are on a slight incline so was a bit faffy getting the caravan flat but we managed in the end.

We were also advised at check in that you pay for the electric you use but you pay upfront and get a refund when you leave of what you haven’t used, not a problem. So we paid what was requested and then obtained a refund on the way out the next day. We used 60p in less than 24 hours. We were out for most of the day and asleep by 22:00.

We returned from visiting friends about 19:30 in the evening and had a drive around the site to see what else was there as when we arrived we pitched and went out. At the bottom there seemed to be flat grassy pitches with electric, yet I was told they were fully booked; perhaps the electric wasn’t working on these pitches, but I was disappointed to see this.

There are extra charges for the use of the showers. These are charged at 50p for 4 minutes, which I would say is a bit pricey for a site that has just charged us £18 per night, plus what electric we use.

We both used the showers in the morning before leaving and I would say that for this cost it is a bit much. The power of the showers is poor. I have shoulder length hair and would have struggled to wash and rinse in these showers, especially in the 4 minutes. Also if you feel you want a longer shower you have to wait until your first 50p has run out before you can add another, which means getting out of the shower and walking to the bank of payment machines then getting back in.

However, the site and facilities were spotless and cannot fault them on cleanliness or on their customer service letting us check in early.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Cockerspaniel 2 reviews from this member

We have just got back from blossom park where we had a very relaxing weekend. This is the third time we have visited this site

But it will not be our last. We found the owner Jim very helpful and friendly. The site is only a short distance from Abergavenny town and within easy reach of Hereford, Ross-on-wye and many other interesting places. The facilities are very clean and would have no problem recommending them to family and friends.

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Nigelsjab 3 reviews from this member

A very clean and tidy site, spacious pitches, only pay for the electricity that you use, very friendly and helpful staff, short walk to the town of Abergavenny and panoramic views from the Skirrid.

Will definitely be returning again.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Simone1 1 review from this member

Just spent a lovely long bank holiday weekend in our tourer. Read all reviews before we went and I I can say is they must gone to a different site. We had amazing time in a clean well looked after site.

Owner was helpful. Showers /washing up area spotless. We had 2 night stay and only used 98p in electric.

Would give this site 10/10. And hopefully get back there very soon.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: ELECTRO 3 reviews from this member

Ok my names robbie [for your records james, me and mum loved the site and stay keep it up be back soon] ive just come home from this site and wow what a lovely place to stay and area.

The owner james was so polite and helpful I really cant praise him enough he really does make sure your happy, I didn't get the chance to meet the family but guessing that they must be lovely too prices are very reasonable.

This was our first time in a tourer in over 20 years so I was unsure how things worked site side but was all fine. There are some seasonal campers but they are lovely although some leave their caravans there. We chatted to a gent and his good lady though I have forgotten their names but they spoke highly of james too and its obvious I WILL be back if he will have us back lol.

The town is 5 min drive away and parking is super cheap, we paid 1. 50 for 3 hours, and there's lots to see like the market and a tesco metro, b and m and poundland and a few designer shops to name a small few.

The site has no clubhouse [not an issue for us] and is more for the quiet type holiday maker who doesn't like noise. I laid outside my caravan with my mp3 player and fell asleep as was so quiet, I didn't plan on that lol.

You pay 20p I believe to fill your bowl to wash the dishes if you take them to the cleaning area and this goes to marie curie and you pay 50p for the shower 5 mins I believe and that's more than enough though. I must say how clean and well kept the laundry and shower/toilet area is along with the site

I'll be back soon. Thanks for a lovely time and having us and of course all the directions.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Hilary C 30 reviews from this member

A lovely site in every way and adult only apart from the Grandchildren of those using the seasonal pitches.

The cost is very reasonable as initially all you pay for is the pitch which was only £15 per night. Jim the site owner then comes along and reads the electric meter and puts money on it and takes the reading and reads it again when you leave, all it cost us was £2. 40 for two nights electric.

The showers, toilets and washbasins were spotless and nice and warm. You pay 50p for a shower for 5 minutes and 50p to use the hairdryer. The washing up facility was a bit of a pain as you pay 20p per shot of hot water and the first time I used it I used 20p just waiting for it to get hot so it cost me 40p the next time I used the other sink and got away with 20p but even paying these extras it was still cheaper than many other sites we have stayed on.

Our pitch was hard standing with it's own fresh water supply and grey water disposal. The pitches are fairly close together but it's all very nicely laid out and the view of Sugar Loaf Mountain was very nice.

Nearby is Wernndu Golf Course which looked very good. Also nearby is Abergavenny and if you take the B4246 to Blaenavon where you will find the Big Pit on the journey there you will see the most amazing scenery, it's like being on top of the world at Pen-Ffordd-Goch Pond where you can park up.

The day we left our grey water pipe broke and Jim and one of the seasonal pitch holders helped out with tools, gaffer tape and pipe to make a temporary repair.

Date of Visit: March 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Baggiecamper 1 review from this member

I decided to visit this site at the last minute.

It was perfect for my needs, I travelled alone.

I like a site that allows camp fires, has interesting bike rides locally, is not too regimented and is quiet.

Facilities were excellent. Showers cost 50p and the electricity was very economical for a small tourer. It cost just over £1 per day including my cooking and heating in fairly cold weather. The pitch price was reasonable too, with an over 50's concession.

The site was about half full of seasonally pitched caravans. Being early season, not many owners were on site, although quite a few turned up on Good Friday, the day I left.

I get the impression the owner, who was very friendly, welcoming and helpful, is aiming to have mainly seasonally pitched visitors with not too many children.

I definitely recommend this site and will be returning.

Blaenavon is about 20 minutes drive away and the World Heritage Sites are well worth a visit.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Webby1 2 reviews from this member

Spent 3 nights here and the weather was fantastic. The site is a former orchard and pitches devided by pear trees which were about 3 weeks away from being ripe.

The plum trees however were full of delicious fruit which the owner James invited us to help ourselves. We took our bikes and cycled in Abergavenny and found the old railway line which runs parallel with the canal. Very hilly for cycling however.

We also went to Sugar Loaf vinyard which was lovely but the road extremely narrow to get there and not really suited for motorhomes as there are no passing places. Jim the owner was very helpful and always available.

There are a lot of seasonal pitches and the site was deserted whilst we were there. We liked the fact that the electric hook up was on a meter as we didn't need to use it, Jim advised us that £2 would be ample for 3 nights had we wished to use it.

The shower block was good and the site has only been open 2 years. The pitch charge was £12 per night which puts the club sites to shame

Previous     54 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Monmouthshire

Win a Buzz Quattro Tilting 4 Bike Carrier Win a Best of British Holiday worth up to £175!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 15th to 18th August, E Yorks
The biggest tribute band music festival in the world! Use promo code “tribukcampsite” to save 10% on Weekend Camping Tickets! ...more