Visitor Reviews - Pinecopse Kennels Certificated Location

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > Berkshire > Site Reviews

Pinecopse Kennels Certificated Location

No Shop   No Bar   No Restaurant   No Wifi Access
 No Fishing   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   No Dog Walk

This is a Caravan and Motorhome Club Certificated Location, which accepts just five caravans or motorhomes and is for Club Members only.

Reviews:

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Janelesleydunn 4 reviews from this member

A lovely little site surrounded by trees, tucked away behind a very small static park alongside Nine Mile Ride. The owner is friendly and obliging. Security is excellent. Access is easy. All facilities are available. Very handy for Bracknell/Wokingham/Reading.

Very reasonable prices.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Date of Visit: January 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Purplelindycraft 4 reviews from this member

I was relieved to find a site that was open and had a pitch available at short notice in the area in which I was looking. The owner was very friendly as was the chap who seemed to look after the pitches (amongst his many other jobs).

I managed to turn down the wrong road (for a park home site) which resulted in needing to do a 3 point turn. Thank goodness for 3 chaps who came to my assistance.

When I arrived I was delighted to see that there was indeed grey waste drainage, water supply and electric for all pitches however, it was not the best thought out site for a number of reasons.

The pitches are of varying sizes and the one I was on was very tight for my caravan and car. Getting into it was complicated by the location of lamp posts on the corner of the pitches.

The grey water drain was to one side of the tap and so any water from the tap went onto the ground and didn't drain away too well.

The drain itself was spewing poo and chemicals when I arrived and it was 2 days later before the drains were cleared. In the process of clearing the drains the effluence did splatter my caravan and also the pitch. Thankfully they hosed down the splatter from the caravan though the pitch remained somewhat smelly for the remainder of my stay.

When I used the chemical loo disposal area I could see possible reasons for the problems. The drain from this area joined the main drain on my pitch between car and the caravan. The tap for the chemical area was also not over the drain and was connected to a hose being used in the kennel area behind the fence. You needed to provide your own hose to direct water into the drain to flush it once you had emptied your cassette.

The kennels housed several dogs. I was warned that the small terrier called Queenie liked to stroll on into any caravan on site. He didn't do so for me which was lucky as I had a cat with me. There is also a gentle looking Alsatian and several others. The dogs seem to roam free during the day and didn't necessarily have their poo cleared away. They also howled in the morning on several days though generally, they were lovely dogs so no offence was taken.

The ladies ablutions room had a domestic shower which I didn't use as the heater in the room had had the wires ripped out of the wall and so it was very cold. However, I did notice mould on the ceiling, grout and sealant. The loo cubicle was small and so you were in danger of bashing your knees if you tried to close the door on which there was no lock. There was a second cubicle which had a washing machine in it. This was locked the whole time and seemed to be in use at least twice a day. The lock on the door to the room seemed to have lost the collar and so on several occasions I had to wiggle it about quite a bit to be able to get out of the room.

Two of the pitches were bounded by the embankment of the railway which not only results in noise but also limited the TV reception.

When I arrived I did not notice that there was a security barrier and so on returning from shopping on the Saturday I got stuck without the code. Luckily the chap mentioned previously was on site and able to provide this to me.

Overall, the site had all the facilities that could be expected however, their installation had not been well thought out. I would suggest that the site isn't really appropriate for those with large caravans such as mine (at 28ft). I would also recommend that you ask for the code to the barrier on arrival as this may well not be offered. Unlike the last reviewer I was charged 12 per night which is quite reasonable for a serviced pitch. The owner preferred cash in payment which I would have been uncomfortable with had I been staying for much longer.

Date of Visit: December 2009 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Fiona karen 21 reviews from this member

Just back from this site, I was expecting just a yard with a few EHU but it was just like a proper small campsite with hardstanding and grass in between there was water, grey water drain and EHU on each pitch and there was plenty of trees and palm trees so it looked really nice.

The toilet block was in a court yard with 3 stables for horses and there was one toilet and and electric domestic shower and sink in a room with a lockable door, one for the Ladies and one for the men, it was nothing fancy but clean and tidy and plenty of room in there. They where having a problem with the water pressure in the mens shower so she told my husband to use the lady's there was only us on site so not a problem.

It was really handy for Crowthorne being 5/10 min drive to the centre or we walked it in one day and took 45 min but got a cab back which cost 7.00

The entrance coming from braknell is after the tennis club and when you see the sign for the hump back railway bridge that is where the entrance is, we nearly missed it.

The only down side of the site is you follow the drive around to the right in a big you so this brings you back near to nine mile ride so there is some road noise, more so at rush hour and behind the fence is the railway line but we got use the the road noise and the occasional train noise and will be going again as its very convenient for visiting our in laws.

It was very good value as well being 10.00 a night including the electric.

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Berkshire

Win a 299 Clarke IG1200B Suitcase Generator! Win a Holiday at Woolacombe Bay Holiday Park

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 6 to 7th July, Derbyshire