Visitor Reviews - Trevellas Manor Farm Caravan And Campsite

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Cornwall (West) > Site Reviews

Trevellas Manor Farm Caravan And Campsite
Crosscombe
Trevellas
St Agnes
Cornwall (West)   (Browse area)
TR5 0XP

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Open: April To October

Shop <5 miles   Bar <5 miles   Restaurant <5 miles   Wifi Access
 Fishing   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <5 miles   Cycle Hire <1 mile   Golf <5 miles   Tennis <5 miles
 Beach <1 mile   Watersports   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  27 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10

Date of Visit: August 2018 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Bikes 3 reviews from this member

The site facilities are second to none, the modern toilets and showers were always clean and tidy what ever the time of day. Along with plenty of sinks for washing up, a laundry room with large freezer for ice packs plus cleaning area for wet suits.

The camping field (no tarmac) has the pitches around the edge leaving a rather large 'middle' for activities.

Many of the pitches have a slight slope but nothing to severe the steepest slope has been terraced. The view from the site is spectacular, though it can be a bit windy.

I found it to be a quiet site with no light pollution.

Date of Visit: July 2018 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Urabus 7 reviews from this member

A hidden gem. We had a great welcome from the wardens. Pitch was spacious with plenty of room for out 8-man tent, awning, trailer and car. The facilities are immaculate always clean, plenty of hot water in the showers and plenty of space. Even at peak school holiday time with the site full there was never any queuing. The centre of the field is kept free of units so there is plenty of space for children to play without disturbing campers. The off-lead dog exercise field is excellent and very useful given the narrowness of the local lanes. A pub in the village would be nice but is obviously out of the control of the campsite! St Agnes is a couple of miles away and has excellent pubs, pasty shop, pizzeria, and fish and chips. For dog owners the beaches at Perranporth and Holywell are excellent and dog friendly.

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: BigErnie 32 reviews from this member

I love this site, have been before and will come again!

The site is on a very large sloping field surrounded by hedgerows and with pitches all around the edge and stunning views out to sea, we try to book a pitch at the top of the field to get the best of the view and in the three years we have visited have never had a problem, I think this is mostly due to the charging structure and these pitches being slightly more expensive than most of the others.

We always enjoyed the basic feel of this site with old showers and two toilets near the farm house but the new toilet block has totally modernised the place without spoiling any of its natural beauty. The new facilities are huge with toilets, showers, washing up points, wet suit washing facilities. In fact I donít think that I actually saw everything. The block is clean and modern but decorated in keeping with the coastal area.

There is plenty of walking off of the site with access to the coast path and close to St Agnes where there are a few little shops and a nice pub in the centre of the village where we have eaten a couple of times.

We stopped here for two nights after our wedding so that we could enjoy the sunset and a bottle of bubbly. Yet again we werenít disappointed.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: MrStuby 1 review from this member

This is our favourite campsite of all time!

We as a family of 4 spent our first two week camping trip at Trevellas Manor Farm Campsite in Summer 2011 and we were made to feel welcome straight away. The owners are very friendly, can't do enough to help you and they work so hard in keeping the site in tip top condition.

The field is huge, all pitches are large and around the perimeter, so the middle of the field is a great safe place for kids to play or adults to look at the stunning Ocean view. And spectacular sunsets.

I always had a love for the old toilet/ shower block by the farm house, the showers especially as they were lit by only natural light, so I was a bit unsure on how the new toilet block would fit in with the 'rustic feel' of the campsite but when I saw them for the first time last year. WOW. They are the best facilities I have seen on any campsite, they are so in keeping with the whole atmosphere. Well done to the owners (sorry I don't think I am allowed to name you ) for creating such a wonderful building. It is light, plenty of room, no queuing, no running out of hot water, and are kept clean all the time.

The site is very safe for kids, no busy roads, and is a great place for walking or cycling from.

We started out with a tent in the lower bottom corner, then upgraded to a trailer tent, then caravan. We do like going on the top row for the view, but you do get Ocean breezes there, but it is worth it for the view.

We have been 6 times in the last 7 years, but we met many campers that have been going for 30+ years, which I think says it all.

As for the stunning local area. You won't be disappointed. We have always found something new to do or see. There is so much to see in the local 'chilled' out area, I never felt it was too full with people in the peak times. The St Agnes festival is a must, and the RNLI day. If you want to drive then you are only about 45 mins away from Minac Theatre/ St Michael's mount / Lizard point/ Zennor Cove, etc etc. My favourite beach has to be Chapel Porth. Try body boarding there. It is life guarded or the local beach of Travaunance Cove which you can walk to from the site.

I could write all day about this.

I'll be back.

The 'Wilson's'

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: FergalDog 1 review from this member

This was already an excellent campsite before the owners invested in the fantastic new facilities, which take it to being outstanding. The location is superb, with stunning views, great walks straight from the site and very well placed both for nearby lively villages and for exploring the whole of Cornwall. The facilities block is large, clean and with plenty of hot showers and thoughtful extras such as hair dryers, and a laundry and freezer for ice blocks, as well as plentiful sinks for washing up. We were having such a great time we decided to stay on, but had to move pitches, so the site managers helped us to carry our huge tent, still erected, from one side of the site to the other - great service! There was a visiting coffee van and fish and chip van too. We'll definitely be back!

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Campervan Capers 1 review from this member

Our first real trip to Cornwall, and I can't believe we found this wonderful site! A large expanse of open field, hook-up, or non- hook up, with panoramic views across the sea. Camping is only allowed around the perimeter of the field, so it feels spacious, and the pitch sizes are very generous. What more could you ask for. Cathy and Cliff greeted us warmly, and gave us much information about the area. (Didn't stop us getting lost though, but that's just us!)A lot of effort has obviously been put in recently to update the site, with a pristine new shower block/toilet facility, with lovely, hot plentiful showers. There's even a wetsuit wash. The site is well situated for St Agnes and the town of Perrenporth, but we were more than happy to just watch the sunsets over the sea. We don't have children, but can imagine younger children would love this site. Lots of room to run and play. Pricing is very reasonable too, considering this is the Cornish Coast- far more expensive sites within the area. We loved this site, and will be back! A little gem!

Date of Visit: September 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: TaviSue 1 review from this member

This was my first attempt at camping on my own so I wanted to find a small, quiet campsite. Trevellas Manor Farm campsite had very good reviews so I decided to book a pitch in early September when it wasn't very busy.

As I wasn't entirely sure what to expect, I was a bit apprehensive, but the place was lovely! The owner was friendly and very helpful, the campsite was very well maintained with nice big pitches, the toilet and shower facilities, although basic, were absolutely spotless and, best of all, there were no lights illuminating the field at night.

It's a short walk from the campsite to the South West coast path and there are great walks in both directions. Location wise, it was perfect for me as I wanted to be close to Perranporth and St Agnes and Trevellas is situated between the two.

Unfortunately I was only able to spend one night camping but I thoroughly enjoyed myself and hope that I'll be able to return to Trevellas Manor Fram campsite again in the not-too-distant future.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Gemqueen 9 reviews from this member

We visited this tranquil site in May this year, on arrival the owners were found easily and were very friendly, we were taken to the pitch I had previously booked (again very friendly and helpful), given a lovely pack of tourist visit hotspots with money off tokens and were assured if we needed anything just to knock in the farm door. We had a lovely pitch with wonderful views. The site was quiet but that's what we wanted and the peace was wonderful. This site has only been open for 3 years and we were told renovations for a new facilities block was underway, evidence was seen of this. The present toilet blocks are adequate, though not plentiful but I'm sure this will not be the case soon. I cannot review the showers as I always shower in my unit. All in all a very pleasant site, only 2 miles from perranporth beach, which our dogs loved, and just so peaceful, a real find in my eyes and I hope this site is not over developed as I felt this led to its overall charm. If your looking for peace and tranquillity I would highly recommend this delightful and not too expensive site.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Mustang75 22 reviews from this member

We stayed at Trevellas Manor Farm for 2 nights along with some friends who stayed there for the whole week.

We found the campsite clean and tidy and comfortable with friendly and helpful owners. The view from the top of the site is fabulous and the facilities are clean and comfortable.

I particularly liked how the site was arranged with pitches all around a large central field so that there was plenty of space for everyone.

The coffee van arrived whilst we were there and was lovely. The Fish and Chip van also came but we didn't try it, but it certainly smelled pretty good!

Its a basic site but very well looked after. The only thing I would mention is that there are very few toilets and showers, which, when the site is busy, means that there are often queues. Previous people have mentioned the tiny basins in the toilets. I think there should be at least another basin area maybe in the future.

We would definitely go back though!

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Gingawarrior 80 reviews from this member

Simply one of the best and most beautiful sites Iíve stayed at, itís rustic and rural but with a fantastic seaview, what more could you want?

The site is just one very large field with camping around the edge, so there would never be the sense of being closed in by other units and it would never feel overcrowded even if full. I was lucky as there were only four other units on a site that must have 40/50 pitches, so overcrowding was not an issue.

St Agnes is about a half hour walk, and maybe not for all as there are a few steep hills to contend with, but once there you are rewarded with a few nice pubs and restaurants and an excellent pizza takeaway.

If you like the more rustic type of campsites as I do, where you take views, peace and a sense of nature over facilities and entertainment then youíll be quite content at Trevellas. If however, facilities are your thing then maybe this is not the site for you, because whilst clean, the facilities are basic, sparse and a long, long way from some pitches, and entertainment is watching the birds and occasional airplanes in the sky or enjoying the magnificent sunset out to sea.

Previous     27 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Save to Virtual Brochure  Add this Site to your Virtual Brochure                                Share  Google Plus  Email Link  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

Other sites within 10 miles   -    All Sites in Cornwall (West)   -   Search for a site

Three sets of AutoSock Car Snow Socks to be won Win a Weeks Holiday at Stafford Moor Fishery

UKCS Meet Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Show 19th to 24th Feb, NEC
See the latest ranges of motorhomes, caravans, holiday homes, tents, awnings and accessories ...more