Visitor Reviews - Oak View Caravan Park ( Formerly Scragged Oak Caravan Park )

Campsite Search > UK > England > South East > Kent > Maidstone > Oak View Caravan Park ( Formerly Scragged Oak Caravan Park ) Reviews

Oak View Caravan Park ( Formerly Scragged Oak Caravan Park )
Scragged Oak Road
Detling
Maidstone
Kent   (Browse area)
ME14 3HB

Shop <5 miles   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 No Fishing   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Horse Riding   No Cycle Hire   Golf 5 miles   No Tennis
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  26 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10

Date of Visit: March 2019 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Romogape 12 reviews from this member

Great site, ideal for touring the area.

Very friendly and welcoming people that made our stay as pleasure!

Spotlessly clean toilets and washrooms. Great location and excellent for dogs.

Date of Visit: September 2018 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Ajj1001 8 reviews from this member

Could not rate more highly. Good flat site with grass better than many garden lawns, established trees. Beautiful wetrooms which encouraged people to look after them & keep clean after each use (I'd like the big squeegee they have to use at home!).

Jan was very considerate as we couldn't book ahead due to family circumstances. The site is quite close to the motorway so you can hear distant traffic if the wind is in a certain direction but we knew this and it had the big upside of making it very quick to get their & easy to access local places to visit.

We would happily return.

Date of Visit: May 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: PeeBarr 2 reviews from this member

We are regulars to this campsite as it is close to family. FAB site with friendly wardens.

Toilets/showers wonderful, you have your own cubicle with toilet, sink and shower in. Always clean and tidy. Yes, it's beside the busy A249 but traffic noise has never been noticeable.

TV reception not great but so what - go for a nice walk instead!

Date of Visit: June 2018 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Nights stayed: 7 Travelling as:  Young couple
Reviewer: Cally1986 3 reviews from this member

Was a lovely atmosphere and a general lovely all rounder.

Had all that was needed and met some lovely people while there too.

We will be returning again soon.

Date of Visit: September 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Wmsxp10 4 reviews from this member

We decided to use this site for 1 night after crossing the channel on our way back home. On the website it gives a rate for overnight stops.

After driving passed Scragged Oak Lane off the manic A249, the campsite is not signposted, we were greeted with 'have you booked, we don't normally do just 1 night'. I counted the number of pitches in use, 8 maybe 10 as 2 looked seasonal, there are 80 pitches on site.

Maybe it's me who is out of step with reality here. We have just spent 4 weeks in France moving from campsite to campsite without ever booking in advance. It also says on the website it is peaceful.

I suppose if you can ignore the constant 24 hour roar of traffic from the M20 and A249 it is.

The toilet and shower facilities are outstanding and the hardstanding pitches level and easy to get on and off. Good dog walking direct of the site.

Date of Visit: June 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Cathy al 2 reviews from this member

This campsite is a gem only stayed two nights but hopefully will be back again,

The best friendly campsite you would wish for, nothing was to much trouble for the lady running it, makes fresh crusty rolls to order heaven.

The toilet-shower block was one if not the best we have use during our travels. Even checked if we had come on toll roads for us.

A special site so to the people running it I thank you.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Soap 2 reviews from this member

Just spent the weekend on this site. Wow and Wow is all I can say. Beautiful surroundings.

Immaculate shower block. Wardens so helpful and friendly. Excellent spacing between caravans and tents too.

Highly recommend a stay on this site. Will definitely stay again.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Foxylady83 3 reviews from this member

This is an excellent site, one of the best we have been to in fact. The owners are very friendly and helpful and keep the site in immaculate condition.

There are several chemical waste/rubbish/water facilities around the perimeter. The shower/toilet block is brilliant; beautifully clean with separate toilets, plus wet rooms with toilets inside. Never had to queue at all. There is a separate room with washing-up sink and washer/dryer.

One big positive for us was the excellent dog walking, with a large fenced field, as well as an area of woodland, allowing for lots of off-lead walks actually on the site. We used the site as a base to walk some of the lovely North Downs Way, which is within easy walking reach.

The nearest pub (Cock Horse in Detling) is a nice simple pub with food, but it is quite a walk, all uphill on the way back. The site has a small shop with basic supplies and the owner bakes fresh bread and croissants to order.

All in all, a very impressive site. No real downsides at all, although there is some road noise during the day, quieter at night.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: MadMum1972 11 reviews from this member

Wow! What a gem of a site and only 20 minutes drive from us! I booked via email and received a very quick response from Jan. Upon entering the site which was very easily accessible from the A249 Detling I was met by Jan and Harry who are extremely friendly and shown to my pitch.

The first impression I got was how pretty the site was. It was spacious with pitches offering both sun and shade and the layout was great. It didn't feel as though it was a uniformed site crammed with lots of tents in a line and it was a pleasure to look around the field to see just trees looking back at me rather than other campers.

The facilities really were the cleanest I have ever seen. I didn't see anybody clean them but somebody must have been in as they were immaculate the entire time I was there!

We had a walk through the woods which was pleasant and my children enjoyed the den area.

There was a small shop in reception and I must say that I was very impressed with the prices.

There was absolutely nothing I didn't like about this site. It has since become my new favourite and I will definitely be back. It was also one of the most reasonably priced sites I have ever been to.

I highly recommend to anybody as I strongly believe there really is something to offer all of us there. Can't wait to return.

Date of Visit: April 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: CHILTERN TURNER 3 reviews from this member

Well what can I say, we had 7 nights here with our club and found the wardens very friendly, they were on hand if anything was required. The toilet block is new and is one of the best we've been to in 13 years.

Be warned when leaving and wanting to turn right onto the A249, DON'T, turn left for about 2 miles, there is a turning point.

The reason I gave the site 8 out of 10 for location is because of this, don't let it put you off from going there A dog-walk on site and is quite large.

Previous     26 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Kent

Win a 299 Clarke IG1200B Suitcase Generator! Win an Outwell Electric Barbecue Package worth over 205

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 6 to 7th July, Derbyshire