Tent and Awning Reviews Competitions Caravans and Motorhomes For Sale Shopping Diary Advent Calendar

Reviews of Hawkhill Mill Farm Certificated Location

Campsite Search > UK > England > South East > New Forest & Hampshire > Fordingbridge > Hawkhill Mill Farm Certificated Location Reviews

Hawkhill Mill Farm Certificated Location

01/03/2021 to 31/10/2021

No Tents   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   No Glamping Units
 Families Welcome   Club Members Only   No Rallies   Not Naturist Site
 Toilet Facilities   Hot Showers   No Washing Up Area   No Bathroom
 No Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 Shop <5 miles   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   No Wifi Access
 Fishing On Site   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   No Dog Walk

This is a Caravan and Motorhome Club Certificated Location, which accepts just five caravans or motorhomes and is for Club Members only.

Reviews:  12 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Ajm43 1 review from this member

I don't agree with the negative comments. I love this camping site. I've been coming here since I was little with my parents, now I come here with my kids. This caravan site is brilliant and I can't thank Harry the owner enough. It's a brilliant place to have a quiet holiday. The animals are not noisy. I have never heard any noises from the business on the farm. It's lovely to have BBQ and chill out. Kids can play on the grass areas by caravan. I will definitely be returning again and again xx

Date of Visit: September 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Bob hill 1 review from this member

Lovely Site. The Farmer extremely friendly and Helpful. Our pitch was very nice. Access could be a problem if towing a Caravan and another vehicle comes the other way. Once you turn off the minor road onto the access road the first 2 to 3 hundred yards is a gravel road and very bumpy. One negative is that the toilet block/ shower block is on a separate field to where the Caravans are sited. This could be a problem in the dark at night. Otherwise a lovely quite pitch and well kept.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Spriddler 1 review from this member

Absolute tranquillity.

Everything I could want from my perfect CL. Absolute peace and quiet save for the birdsong and faintly audible and gentle burbling of the mill stream. Access to the site and manoeuvring my 6. 5m m/home onto the hard surfaced stone chip pitch was no problem. EHU included in 16 nightly cost.

A glorious 15 min easy walk between trout lakes and through dappled woodland and a meadow brought me to the village store and post office, returning in a loop on a second woodland and stream-side path via Alderholt Mill (Cream teas Sat and Sundays only!).

Heaven!

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Lucysmum 38 reviews from this member

A lovely location, with some nice walking from the site. V quiet (good1) apart from the geese, chickens, turkeys etc which I loved the sound of. Nice stream running at the edge of the field. My husband enjoyed the fishing, but found the walk from the pitch to the lake hardgoing carrying his fishing gear as it was quite a distance. You can walk into Sandleheath village in about 20 mins and Fordingbridge in about 45 minutes. If you do I would suggest you avoid the Augustus John pub as they charged 9. 95 for a smaller than average portion of egg beans and chips and 4-75 for 2 v small scoops of sorbet! But it is dog friendly.

The down side of the site are the facilities. Although they were cleaned every day and the toilet itself was clean there were spiders webs and green algae growing on the floor of the shower and gunge round the tap. Now I am v fussy and I did manage to use the shower and toilet. I thought at 16 a night for 2 adults and 2 dogs this was a lot given the state of the facilities, which had no internal lights, so you couldn't use them once it was dark! When we got there it looked as if the grass hadn't been cut for about 3 weeks and when it was cut huge amounts of it blew into my awning which was closed!

Would I go back? Probably not:(

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Sparky2 2 reviews from this member

Here we are sitting in our van on this very quiet site, amazed that we even get Internet to write this review.

Arrived Friday for just two nights on our first outing with the van, along with three children aged 4 to 17 and two 6 month old puppies. Had no problems booking last minute, found the site without any issue. We are staying in the top field called the Timothy field and not the CL which was full.

The site is very rural. You can't hear anything other than the farm animals which seem to add to the atmosphere. If you think they or the pylons will bother you then you should look elsewhere. The owner Harry is very accommodating and friendly. We chose our pitch and Harry showed us the facilities. The toilets and showers are all very clean, albeit basic. The shower building Harry calls Tenko so that gives you some idea. The walks for the dogs are fantastic. Once off the farm you can let the dogs off the lead.

We did feel that the look from one of our neighbours in a motor home was one of disappointment that their peace and quiet was about to be destroyed by children and dogs, based on the look we got but we try our best to respect our neighbours. If they didn't like it perhaps they should choose a site for adults only. We will definitely return, probably without children as there isn't much for them to do to be fair but it's a great place if you want to get away from it all and have a quiet glass of wine or two. We popped into Fordingbridge by car for more supplies (wine), quite picturesque.

All in all we have enjoyed our stay and look forward to returning soon as it's only an hour from home it's great for those last minute weekend getaways.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Camper vw 1 review from this member

Just returned from a lovely weekend at this peaceful campsite. Our group was 3 families with children ranging in age from 2 to 14. Plenty of space for the kids to play and very clean facilities.

Kids fished on the pond, we went on the riverside walk and enjoyed seeing the chickens and peacock.

We stayed on the field not the CL, so toilets a short walk away but not too far.

Owner was friendly and available and we intend to visit again next year.

Date of Visit: October 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Jaywalker 1 review from this member

Well what can I say. This is an excellent site with all the facilities you need on a caravan club site. Owner is very nice and just loves to chat although always busy on the farm. Toilets are really clean and cared for by his wife and nothing is too much trouble for either of them. Been going here now for some years and never had any problems, home from home really. Yes sometimes the guinea fowl can get a bit noisy early morning, but then if you can't stand the noise don't caravan on a farm, easy really. Love the wildlife around there especially the owls at night. Fordingbridge not far away with a super market and nice town, local pubs also nice for food. Known the owners for sometime and some people have left and not paid in the past so probably why he is keen to get his money can't blame him really. Many people return here over and over again and we have met some lovely people so I definitely will be back this year one hundred percent.

Date of Visit: August 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Foxycubs 5 reviews from this member

My Husband found this site via the caravan club CL section of the book, as a last minute 2 nights away.

I have to say when I read the previous reviews, I was not very impressed.

However, when we arrived it was fine. We were put in the upper field. We parked where we wanted. The facilities are very basic. However, they were immaculately clean and for the price are what you would expect. The farmer informed us about the special chemicals used for the clinical waste. He offered to go and change this for us and bring back the cartridge.

He was also very helpful about walks in the area. We visited the nearby mill and villages. The Compasses pub was excellent for food.

We liked seeing all the animals on the farm and didn't find them noisy.

To other peoples comments. The farmer also didn't ask us for any money, we actually in the end offered.

Nearby Fordingbridge and Ringwood are lovely towns to visit, with plenty of shops and places to eat for all ages and price ranges.

We both agreed we would use this site again for a couple of nights away.

Date of Visit: July 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Patricia.stack 7 reviews from this member

We sure had fun finding this out of the way location. Do not rely on sat nav though. Once through Fordingbridge onto the 3078 and disappeared along very tight lanes until we chanced upon a paper sign stuck to a tree at a T junction turn right (tight) along a narrow road over cattle grids and onto a twin rutted lane to the farmhouse. We were met by the farmer who showed us our pitch, he soon appeared at the door for his money.

That night we were serenaded by the practising brass band set up in his out shed. From 8 til 10.

The area afforded us lots of scope for travel into the surrounding New Forest, we toured the whole of the forest over 3 days and enjoyed it all.

We will not be returning to the sight with its lofty power pylons, (feeble tv recept.

What spoils it is that one is not allowed to use normal toilet chemicals but to use the farmers ones, something to do with the sewerage arrangements.

Date of Visit: June 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Janek1 1 review from this member

Just had an utterly fabulous weekend here. Yes there are two fields, but they each have several gorgeous showers each. The area is glorious, walks fabulous, pubs great. I could go on!

The owners are very kind and helpful, even lent us a map so that we could find our way through the woods and fields to the pub!

Yes they also provide all the chemicals but no you don't put it down the toilet there is a proper waste facility for disposal.

Oh and yes there is a pylon but just don't look that direction, there's lots of lovely countryside to look at!

All in all the other reviews are old and unfair, if you want a quiet weekend just the two of you go go go!

Previous     12 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Write a Review of this Site to Win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Is Hawkhill Mill Farm Certificated Location child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Hawkhill Mill Farm Certificated Location?  There is a shop within 5 miles  View all facilities

Is Hawkhill Mill Farm Certificated Location dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Fordingbridge      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Hampshire

UKCampsite.co.uk

24 Daily Prizes worth up to 160 each PLUS a Christmas Day Star Prize worth up to 865

Get an email reminder on 1st December