Visitor Reviews - Llanfair Bach Certificated Site

Campsite Search > UK > Wales > Isle of Anglesey > Holyhead > Llanfair Bach Certificated Site Reviews

Llanfair Bach Certificated Site
Penrhos Beach Rd
Holyhead
Isle of Anglesey   (Browse area)
LL65 2PR

Fishing On Site   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool 1 mile   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding 1 mile   No Cycle Hire   Golf 5 miles   Tennis 1 mile
 Beach On Site   Watersports 1 mile   No Boat Launch
 Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Not Open All Year
 Coastside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

This is a Camping and Caravanning Club Certificated Site, which accept caravans or motorhomes and usually tents. This is a club member only site - you can usually join on site

Reviews:  20 in total, now showing 11 to 20                 Previous 10         Next 10

Date of Visit: March 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Holyhead girl 1 review from this member

I have already been twice to this site in a tourer and would definitely return to this site again. The owner was very helpful and couldn't do enough for me and my little girl. I felt safe here and being alone with a child and knowing the owner was a stones throw away eased my mind. It was so peaceful and quiet however this was at the beginning of the season so it wasn't very busy. The beach was lovely and a nice coastal walk only a stones throw away which led into the nature reserve, beautiful place. Roll on the next visit.

Date of Visit: July 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Chappers2341 11 reviews from this member

We stayed here for a weekend before completing the Anglesey Coastal Path and again for a couple of days after.

The site is small just a single field of about an acre.

There is only one of each toilet and 1 shower, which wasn't a problem as we had a tent and the site seemed more set up for caravans.

There is no hot water for washing up but we used water from the shower which had loads of free hot water.

The owner was brilliant and really friendly and let us leave our car on site for two weeks whilst we were doing the coast path walk.

There is a small beach within 20 yards and tescos and morrisons is within a 5 minute walk, with Holyhead town centre only 15 mins walk away.

My only criticism would be the housekeeping, when we returned the bins both in the toilets and the general bins still had the same rubbish in that had been there 2 weeks previous.

All in all a nice quiet, basic site and brilliant value at only £7. 50 per night for 2 people and a dog in a tent.

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: The Coffee Lady 2 reviews from this member

This was a lovely site; it was small enough for younger children to play independently without worry. The facilities were basic but fine - hot water to wash up with would have made such a difference. It was a bit far away from 'day trip' destinations, but the small, gorgeous, quiet beach full of shells and rock pools and wonder more than made up for that.

Also it is within short driving distance of a Tesco. And though local shops are lovely, it's always helpful for bad planners like us to be able to go and easily get croissants in a morning, or batteries at night when the airbed pump gives out.

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Kaz02 5 reviews from this member

This was a lovely site, with little bit of tlc on the facilities would be a diamond. The owner was very friendly and very laid back, you need a car to get around, we did jump on a train one day and went to bangor which was okay.

Shower was basic but hot. The only downside was you could hear the ferry noise and this sometimes was at late hours or really early. For the money £11.00 a night with hookup was good value. This site is fantastic if you want to use the ferry and want a stop over as it is about 5 mins away.

Date of Visit: July 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Ian.martin 2 reviews from this member

This was the third time I have visited this site and I have been camping on Anglesey for the last twenty years, I believe I have now found paradise.

The site is beautiful, shower and toilets very clean, site owners are helpful, friendly and make you feel very welcome and I recommend Barbara's 'free range eggs'.

Site location perfect, within walking distance of the large sandy beach. Retail park 5 minutes walk away. Great for children safe and secure and peaceful and quiet for the adults. 'Perfection'.

I can well recommend this site. I'll be back!

Date of Visit: June 2010 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Polly1950 11 reviews from this member

I booked this site for Easter and had to cancel. I rebooked for Monday 31st May to Saturday 5th June. My cancellation for Easter was not held against me.

This site is wonderful. Small friendly everything you need.

The view of the old Alcan chimney well you didnít really notice it was there.

The quietness is unbelievable. The site is small but it is not crowded.

There is one female and one male toilet and one shower. But we never had to queue. Everything was spotless

This site felt as though we were one big family. Site owners could not do enough for you very friendly.

I usually travel on my own, this visit I had my daughter and grandson (8year old)

I will have no worries about visiting again and that is a promise. I would like to go Sept/Oct or even November

5 minutes walk to retail centre and bus stop.

Straight out of the camp gate was a sea view and to the right was a lovely bay with sand. You can see the ferries coming in and out of Holyhead

Donít really like to rave over this site as it might mean that it will always be full.

Date of Visit: May 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Steve+helen68 1 review from this member

We have been to this site three times so far, booked again for end of June. We go camping to relax - and you can do it at this site. It only has 'basic' facilities, but these are clean and well looked after.

The owners and other 'locals' all seem very helpful and seem to enjoy a chat.

I was tempted not to put down a review, so it remains the same, but it's such a nice relaxing site I felt I had to share it with others.

Date of Visit: May 2009 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Kathcapper 1 review from this member

Had a great time on this lovely site, it is very clean tidy and well looked after with nice friendly owners. Very handy for a stroll to plenty of shops and a small beach.
The owners are putting a lot of work in putting there own stamp on this place and I am sure it will all be worth while for them. We will definitely return next year when we go to the dance festival at the power station social club.

Date of Visit: March 2009 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Rosiew 2 reviews from this member

What a great little site! I have visited 3 times so far (in Feb and March). The owners are lovely and made me feel really welcome, especially as I was on my own. The site is really peaceful, yet within walking distance of everything you would need - a great beach just a few minutes down the road, which you can have almost to yourself out of season.

Will definitely return again!

Date of Visit: August 2008 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Belinda+Dave 1 review from this member

We have just come back from spending eight peaceful nights at this new site.

We are a two adult and two children family and wanted to stay somewhere which offered a relaxing time but also close to certain things like; a beach, shops and a pub.

This site is very close to all these but still has a secluded and relaxed atmosphere. This is helped by it only being a small site and therefore, although there are other campers and caravanners around, you don't get any invasion on your privacy which you can so often experience at bigger, more commercial sites.

The people who own it are lovely and very helpful. Facilities include one female and one male toilet and one shower (all very clean and spacious), adequate facilities for a small site -even during the bank-holiday weekend when the site was full!

More about the site - no real slant issues - most of the area is flat. There are two small ponds with another larger one in the making.

A nice long beach is just 100 yards or so (two minute walk) from the site. The beach is sandy and pebbly and there are also lots of rocky areas to clamber on.

Although, having a pub nearby was a high priority on our holiday criteria - we only visited the 'local' once as we were just happy staying on the site in the evenings instead. The one time we did go to the pub, The Prince Of Wales, just a two to three minute walk up the road, we found it a friendly place and we had a tasty, adequate and not-bad-priced meal.

Anglesey itself? Well there are so many lovely beaches to visit and other scenic sites including the amazing Southstack Lighthouse - just be warned lots and lots of steps down a cliff to get to it!

All in all, although the weather wasnít brilliant, we had a great holiday in Anglesey. We would highly recommend this site and we will definitely be using this site again in the future.

Previous     20 Reviews in total, now showing 11 to 20     Next

Other Sites Near Holyhead      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Isle of Anglesey

Win Kids Camping Essentials worth £100! Win a BUZZ RACK Buzzpro Towball Platform

UKCS Meet Shackerstone Family Festival 31/08 to 01/09, Leicestershire
Includes arena entertainment, vintage cars, canal boats, planes, railways and much more! EXCLUSIVE Discounted weekend camping tickets ...more