Visitor Reviews - Newland Meadows Camping And Caravan Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > Central > Worcestershire > Malvern > Newland Meadows Camping And Caravan Park Reviews

Newland Meadows Camping And Caravan Park
Old Worcester Road
Newland
Malvern
Worcestershire   (Browse area)
WR13 5AY
Tel: 01886832821  or  07802445863

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Open: 16/03

No Kitchen Facilities   Freezer / Fridge   No Motorhome Point
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 Fishing 5 miles   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Horse Riding   No Cycle Hire   Golf 5 miles   No Tennis
 No Beach   No Watersports   Boat Launch / Mooring 10 miles
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   Campfires Allowed   Not Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  32 in total, now showing 21 to 30                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Suede58 1 review from this member

A lovely spot with wild flower meadow, sheep and a view of the hills, brilliant location with every amenity to hand, small friendly and welcoming. In fact very nearly our perfect campsite but sadly spoilt for us by the incessant roaring traffic (even at night). However if tranquillity isn't your main thing and you're out and about and a good sleeper then this site is lovely.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Leedawe 1 review from this member

It is the first time that I have left a review.

8 fathers along with 17 children (5yrs to 13 yrs) stopped 3 nights over the may bank holiday in 7 tents, We were made to feel at home by the owners who were brilliant, obviously with the amount of children we had running around we were concerned that there wouldn't be much room for them to play but rest assured two fields of around 6 acres was plenty, football. Rounders, tracking and american football were played throughout the weekend on the field. The children loved it here especially as were allowed to have a fire and cook off it (main reason for us staying here) There was only one shower with a toilet and a separate toilet available not ideal but it didn't bother us ( these were very clean ). I spoke to the owners who said extra toilets were due as they have only been open 1 year.

Close proximity to large retail shops (morrisons superstore)

We went for a walk over the Malvern Hills and the kids absolutely loved it

We spoke to all the children and they said they can't wait to return,

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Pgrange 1 review from this member

I visited Newlands meadow over the Easter weekend and I had such a great time I'd thought I'd share my experience.

The owners are lovely helpful people and the site itself although small is very well kept. It is split into 2 fields one providing ehu the other without. I didn't require ehu so I ended up having the whole field to myself. The pitches are nice and flat and considering all the rain we've had of late are relatively dry and not muddy.

The toilet facilities are housed in a small wooden building consisting of 2 toilets and 1 shower. As there only about half a dozen caravans, campers and tents we never had to queue but if the park was full I'm not too sure that the limited toilet facilities would cope. The toilets and showers are kept clean and neither I nor my children had any hesitancy in using them. Behind the toilets there is a sheltered area with a hot & cold tap for washing up which is adequate.

There are no on site facilities such as shops etc which suits me but 5 minutes drive you'll find a large retail Park which is home to Morissons, Mickey D, Greggs, Argos etc. Less than 2 minute walk from the site is the Swan pub but I must confess I didn't visit it so cannot comment. Of course the Malvern Hills are less 10 minutes away so if walking and getting out into the country is your thing then your in the right place.

The only criticism I have is the sites close proximity to the busy main road which does have high volume of traffic into the early hours but I must say although noticeable it didn't spoil it for me nor the kids.

So all in all if your looking for a small, friendly and clean site for a relaxing break I would highly recommend Newlands.

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Psychosian 10 reviews from this member

Came for 2 nights, bringing some 'new camper' friends with us, 2 adults and 2 children in 2 tents.

Good points:

* toilets / shower kept incredibly clean

* owners were really friendly and helpful

* sheep / lambs to talk to

* there was only one other tent and one motorhome on site (probably due to the time of year / school holidays)

* perfect location for walking on the Malvern Hills

* lots of taps / electric points / bins around the field.

* fires / bar-b-ques allowed.

* Lots of space for children to play (at least, when there weren't many others there!).

* utterly brilliant pub / freehouse down the road with lovely local

Drinks. Staff were really friendly, as were the locals. There were board games in there too.

Potential bad points:

* only 1 shower and 2 toilets. We had to wait a couple of times even though there was only us, 1 other tent and one motorhome

* the ground was flooded. It hadn't been particularly rainy in the week before we came and the type of grass made it look like it might often be wet. The owner did kindly say that he has a tractor if we got our cars stuck in the mud though!

Bad points:

* incredibly loud and major road right next to it.

* train line the other side (although not particularly frequent trains at the times we were on site).

Date of Visit: March 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: RIMMER 176 reviews from this member

Was informed that this site has only been opened about a year and is basically a large field near the main road with some ehu points, toilet block and hardstanding near the entrance, this hardstanding though consists of eneven rubble, well after all this is a certified site. Toilets a touch basic but clean and functional with a modern electric shower. Found the site a little muddy but after all it had been a wet winter here. As others mentioned the pub down the road was friendly, does some nice meals and did quite a few real ales some from the local micro brewery up the road. Found the bus service very efficient with a frequent service during the day and less so by the evening, bus stop almost opposite pub. This site suffers some road noise but dies down during the night and didn't really bother me, only the owls woke me up at night. Paid £15/night with ehu.

Date of Visit: December 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Effnboots 15 reviews from this member

This is the 1st time we have stayed on a small certified site, so wasn't sure what to expect - but booked here on the basis of the previous reviews and the proximity of a nice dog friendly pub!

Plus points:

- owner very friendly and welcoming, with plenty of useful tips for exploring the area;

- great views and ideal spot to explore the Malverns;

- bus stop over the road with bus every 10 mins to take you to Malvern (allows dogs);

- super pub a 10 min walk away (take a torch), good food, allows dogs, friendly locals - even managed to get a table for the night on new year's eve;

- we visited site in winter in the middle of the heavy rain/ storms so as expected the fields were out of bounds, but sufficient hardstanding area to park our motorhome

- small toilet block with 2 separate loos, one with nice hot shower. These were cleaned every day by owners;

- other facilities = drinking water tap, grey water drain, chemical water waste point and washing up 'facility' - see below;

- site gate locked at night, felt safe and secure even when we were the only ones on site.

Not so plus points:

- washing up area was basically a bench at back of loo block with 2 bowls, a hot tap and a cold tap. Fine in the summer but not so great when it is pouring with rain! Would benefit from being covered over.

All in all a basic, but usable little site. Would use again.

Date of Visit: November 2013 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Croftie1980 1 review from this member

As new to camping we tried Newland Meadow and loved it, we returned 4 times last year. The owners are incredibly friendly and will do anything to help you out - including towing our camper! The site is quiet, dog friendly and in a lovely spot with a lovely country pub just a few minutes walk away.

Date of Visit: October 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Daveandjacky 1 review from this member

We visited in October 2013 and had a fabulous time. The owners were so welcoming. We were the only ones in the field using a tent at this time of year. A few motorhomes were in the other field.

Our car battery was dead in the morning (think I left the ignition on all night to charge my phone) and I told the owner, even though I was in the AA. He came over with jump leads in 10 minutes and got the engine started straight away.

The owner also gave us some old wood to stoke our fire up for the evening. The whole atmosphere was lovely. We walked to the Malvern hills the next day. Beautiful views from there.

As for the campsite itself, it was excellent. The toilet and shower blocks were nice and clean. You can hear the traffic from the nearby road but this is soon forgotten.

We will be back.

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mary0311 8 reviews from this member

Just spent a fabulous 3 day break at this lovely relaxing campsite. Spacious and extremely well kept by the owners who are friendly and welcoming. Very pretty site with a lovely view of The Malverns. One fully equipped toilet/bathroom on site with shower which I only managed to use once when the site was less busy this was the only criticism that I have, this didn't really bother us as had full facilities in our caravan but for tents I would imagine a challenge. The Swan pub is a short walk away and serve lovely food and is dog friendly. Good base to explore area. This site is ideal for couples and families with young children, although we didn't have any with us there seem to be plenty of space for them to explore and some cute sheep to watch who were very noisy each evening when being fed. Will definitely be back next time we are visiting family and would recommend this site if you want somewhere to just relax. Thank you for a lovely stay :-)

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Truthbetold 7 reviews from this member

We stayed for 3 nights. 2 adults and dogs.

We were directed into the second field where there is a large area of long grass in the centre and parked up along the far hedge where the hook ups were located. A word of warning here, there are overhanging trees so be careful when parking up! I got a few broken branches on top of my caravan roof.

I don't remember hearing too much noise from the road in the area where we were set up but I do remember being bitten by horseflies that appeared in large numbers.

There was only one toilet in the shower room when we stayed and it was often engaged, especially in the morning. There were plenty of bins for putting rubbish in and water points.

The Swan Pub is an easy walk from the site and they have very pleasant gardens to sit in.

If I was to visit the Worcester area again I would come back to this site as it is not too overcrowded and is set in quite a nice position.

Previous     32 Reviews in total, now showing 21 to 30      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Worcestershire

Win a Buzz Quattro Tilting 4 Bike Carrier Win a Best of British Holiday worth up to £175!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 15th to 18th August, E Yorks
The biggest tribute band music festival in the world! Use promo code “tribukcampsite” to save 10% on Weekend Camping Tickets! ...more