Reviews of Teifi Meadows Caravan And Camping Park

Campsite Search > UK > Wales > Ceredigion > Lampeter > Teifi Meadows Caravan And Camping Park Reviews

Teifi Meadows Caravan And Camping Park

Fishing <10 miles   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <5 miles   Cycle Hire <5 miles   Golf <1 mile   No Tennis
 Beach <10 miles   Watersports <10 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring <10 miles
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   Campfires Allowed   Not Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport On Site  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  24 in total, now showing 21 to 24                 Previous 10         Next 10

Our site is open and we are taking bookings , please be assured you can book with confidence

For peace of mind of our customers and staff, we have decided to restrict our communal areas. Please contact us for full details of what facilities are available.

To enquire about a booking or for more information please contact us

Date of Visit: April 2011 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Timandjulianna 3 reviews from this member

WHAT A GEM! A fantastic find, extremely peaceful, very clean well kept site. Shower block is almost new and very good. The site is nestled beneath trees along the edge of a large open field ideal for kids. The local shop was more than adequate and only 15 mins walk away along a quiet country road.Eggs are available on site, and kids are welcome to roam the 8 acres of fields and woodland at the site. Hosts were extremely relaxed and camp fires are welcome.

Locally the scenery is magnificent with plenty to visit, and the coast only 15 miles away.

An absolute bargain, and will be recommending to all my fiends.

Date of Visit: November 2010 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Fuzzyfreak 29 reviews from this member

My second night in a motorhome without the luxury some of you have of company and warm weather. I had trouble finding this site as I was coming in a completely different direction to the instructions on their website and it isn't signposted at all. I had been loaned a large 4 berth Bessacarr which you don't really want to be turning around in a country lane every ten minutes. I eventually found the drive and drove right up to the cottage, that was my first mistake for two reasons, firstly, I was greeted by two large barking dogs and secondly because I then had to reverse back down to the field. The two large barking dogs sniffed my crotch and concluded that I was no threat to them and expected to be patted and rubbed, which I felt inclined to do.

It must be said I did turn up at about 17:30, so it was dark and I had to wait a while because the owner was in the shower. Eventually I was directed to the electric hookup which sat at the top of the field, problem is, after the previous night's rain, the field was wet and muddy - to cut a long story short, it took me about 30 mins to get within reasonable distance of the electric hookup, this involved endless run-ups. I was the only one there and wasn't under any time constraints (unlike the owner) so I didn't feel at all embarrassed but I did apologise to the owner for the state of his field, he remained very friendly throughout. Another reviewer mentioned the barking dogs, presumably from a neighboring dog pound and as he suggests, this soon dies down and does not cause any concern. That night I braved the freezing temperatures and stood outside the motor-home in the pitch black and watched shooting stars. I awoke to 4 degrees and a frost. I could now see where I was and was rather impressed, I was as much in the middle of nowhere as I had hoped to be on my motorhome tour of Wales.

The new timber toilet block was very impressive and I was pleased to get a nice warm shower out of it. It may be worth saying that although I expect nothing less than freezing temperatures in November, perhaps for an 'all year' site, the owner may consider solar panel heating - just a thought and not a complaint.

I packed up and decided to move on and considered that the frost had hardened the ground enough for me to get out without a problem, unfortunately I was wrong and I soon got myself completely stuck. I plucked up the courage to walk up to the cottage and explain the situation but the wife informed me her husband had gone out for half an hour. I waited half an hour and nothing so in my desperation I dug an even bigger hole in his field, sprayed the side of the van with mud and failed miserably to get out. The owner turned up an hour later and came straight to my aid, he pulled me out in seconds and I was on my way.

Overall, I'd say the site is perfect for camping but I'd give some serious thought to taking a motor home there again.

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Lucyconnuk 1 review from this member

This is a beautiful and quiet site, a gently sloping field with a lovely view and a little stream running round it. The owners (and their chickens) are very friendly.

The toilet block is a small building, newly-built of pine, which has an excellent shower.

This seems to be a quiet and unspoilt area, with not as many tourists as surrounding areas, but only a short drive to the beaches or mountains.

There was a small amount of noise from dogs which live on a neighbouring property, but even though I'm a person who's normally very intolerant of noise, it wasn't enough to be annoying.

Date of Visit: June 2010 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Bethski 2 reviews from this member

Set in beautiful tranquil countryside, Teifi Meadows Campsite is the ideal place to leave your worries behind and enjoy a slice of rural life.

The campsite is far enough from the main road to be 'out of the way' while still being within easy reach of the local town of Lampeter which boasts an excellent range of shops (including two supermarkets and a small camping shop), pubs and cafes. The village shop (affectionately known as 'Jean's Shop') is only a short walk from the campsite and stocks all you can possibly need during your stay.

Jane and Julian, the owners, couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful. When we had trouble putting up our drive-away awning, Julian gave us a helping hand while Jane took the children off to see the chickens. I can't find any fault with this campsite - if you're after a large clubhouse and numerous facilities then this campsite isn't for you but, in my opinion, this is the secret of its charm.

Previous     24 Reviews in total, now showing 21 to 24     Next

Write a Review of this Site to Win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Is Teifi Meadows Caravan And Camping Park child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Teifi Meadows Caravan And Camping Park?  There is a shop within 1 mile  View all facilities

Is Teifi Meadows Caravan And Camping Park dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Lampeter      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Ceredigion

UKCS Meet Beat at Tencreek 60s Weekend 09/10 to 11/10
A three day concert dedicated to the sounds of the Swinging Sixties set in Looe in Cornwall. Weekend Camping Available ...more