Visitor Reviews - The Old Vicarage Campsite

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Norfolk > Site Reviews

The Old Vicarage Campsite

Fishing <10 miles   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding   Cycle Hire   Golf   Tennis
 Beach <10 miles   Watersports <5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring <5 miles
 Waterside Location   Dog Walk   Public Transport <5 miles

Reviews:  19 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4

Write your own Review wo win a £150 Amazon Voucher!!

Date of Visit: July 2018 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: IJKKLM 5 reviews from this member

Great basic site in the beautiful Norfolk countryside. The “rustic” facilities all work as they should and everyone loves a fire. The wood fire braziers are clever upcycled old car wheels with a hot plate. The previous review mentioned lack of dishwashing facilities - this is now sorted in the same simple but effective way everything else is.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Naich 16 reviews from this member

We have been to this site every year since we started camping and it's great to see the improvements that Bernie has made each time. This year we were delighted to see a small shed containing a freezer, guide books, spares that other campers have left (chairs, pegs etc. ) and eggs for sale with an honesty box. My one and only criticism of the site would now be that there is no washing up sink (hint hint, Bernie!)

As usual, we loved the quiet surroundings, well maintained pitches, the un-crowded camping and huge open spaces for the kids to play in. Bernie supplied us with lots of cheap but well seasoned logs, and we toasted marshmallows and watched the stars and the satellites zooming overhead.

We'll be back - it has become a tradition of ours to have at least one stay at the Old Vicarage every year, and I can't wait.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Thefreems 1 review from this member

Excellent campsite. Peaceful surroundings. We took our 2 children and dog (well behaved) for a week. Campsite manager was friendly and welcoming, providing plenty of wood for the campfires everyday. The toilet blocks were clean, the composting ones which are so much cleaner and nicer to use than the so called normal types. Showers were clean and again, no problems. There was lots of space between tent spaces and loads of room for the kids to run around. The owner allowed us to walk the dog around his farmland. Beautiful part of the world. Acle only a few mins away by car, good facilities with 2 supermarkets and good local shops. The seaside only 30 mins away. Would definitely go again and recommend to families and couples a like. Excellent value for money.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Knightyoshie 1 review from this member

The old vicarage is a great site for just relaxing, the perfect no thrills experience. The solar showers are good once they've had a chance to heat up and the composting toilets are clean and accommodating. The satnav leads you right to it so no need to worry about getting there. The owner Berrnie is really friendly and willing to help anyway he can.

All in all might not be the best site for young children who need something to occupy themselves with but for just relaxing its perfect.

Reviewer: StevenWW 1 review from this member

I am one of 5 families that all met at The Old Vicarage this weekend. Never been before but saw great reviews so took a chance. Excellent location, surrounded by fields that are all in use by the farming community. I woke up to the sounds of sheep, birds & distant farm traffic.

Important to me was not too much light pollution as I do love to sit and stare at the stars and I was definitely not disappointed here. On the Saturday night a clear sky let myself and the others see shooting stars & the cosmos in it's natural state. The host dropped off some campfire wood earlier (extremely reasonable at a fiver) and we stoked that badboy up!

Our kids roasted marshmallows & we enjoyed a couple of glasses of our favourite tipple. I explained to the owner when I got there (I got there first and had an extra night as I came the farthest (180 miles) that there would be no noise from us as our group was very considerate to the other campers, as they were to us.

Even though we stayed up talking until 2am, we didn't have a radio on late ( we had a tiny transistor radio with Heart FM on ) which we turned off around 11PM, and that was perfect, all kids in bed & adults just chewing the fat.

Norwich is only half an hour away as is Great Yarmouth, so great if you want to visit either, but far away enough to have peace and quiet. Parking is away from the actual tent locations, so remember to bring a water container and 12 volt pump for your airbeds that will work out the cigarette lighter of your car, or a foot pump or battery pump.

I hadn't been camping for a while and the peace and tranquillity I had here has made me want to go again very soon, I cannot highly enough recommend it! Our group of 5 families all said it was fantastic, nice clean shower & basic but clean toilets, drinking water & general water provided, and at a very reasonable rate. I'll definitely go again and hope my review helps someone to make up their mind to stay there as you will not be disappointed! I only signed up here to leave this review as I feel it's important to give something back & help others.

Hope your stay will be as nice as mine was! Regards, Steven.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Naich 16 reviews from this member

Our third year of coming here and we still love it. This time we came as two families with four children. There is bags of room for the kids to tear around playing games without inconveniencing anyone else. Having worn them out, we then spent the evenings sitting round the fire, telling daft stories and toasting marshmallows.

We got the usual warm welcome from the owner, who has upgraded the composting toilets with a nifty fly barrier under the seat. All the facilities are well maintained and clean. The only niggle we had was that the showers ran out of hot water one evening.

The site is ideally placed as a base for exploring Norfolk. Its pleasant surroundings and relaxed atmosphere make it our favourite site so far and I'm sure we'll be back again before long.

Previous     19 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review wo win a £150 Amazon Voucher!!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Norfolk   -   Search for a site

Win a Kampa Portaflush 10 Portable Toilet! Win a 655ltr Waterproof Rooftop Bag worth £239

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 16th to 19th August, E Yorks
World's biggest tribute band festival. Family friendly. Discounted tickets and a chance to win some ...more