Visitor Reviews - The Langley Hall Inn

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > Berkshire > Site Reviews

The Langley Hall Inn

Fishing   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding   Cycle Hire   Golf <5 miles   Tennis
 Beach   Watersports   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Location   Dog Walk   Public Transport On Site

Reviews:  21 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Other
Reviewer: Webmaster

We have been advised that as of the time of writing, this pub is now closed. Apparently its doors shut on 28th February 2014 when it ceased trading, and its future is uncertain. If you happen to know anything regarding this, or whether the site has reopened, please contact us to let us know.

Date of Visit: October 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: JulesV 4 reviews from this member

We arrived on a wet and windy Friday night and indeed the site does look a little unloved in such circumstances but for us this is not a problem. We pitched quickly, our electric cable was just long enough and we were soon cosy inside with a glass of wine. There is a very tame chicken who pays a visit every time the 'van door is open, I'm not so sure she'll be keen when we have our dogs with us next time.

We spent the evening in the pub; we received a very genuine welcome from not just the landlord but the locals too. The food was really great and portion sizes would satisfy the hungriest fella.

The site facilities could indeed do with a bit of a tidy up, the bathroom door was swollen so I couldn't close it when I went for my shower! good job I'm not shy :-) but the shower was beautifully hot which is all that really matters at the end of the day.

There was some evidence of the pub dog 'enjoying the site' which would be a flippin' nuisance if you discovered this in the dark and walked straight into your caravan so carry a torch just in case.

We'll be heading back to this site, not because it was perfectly immaculate but because the welcome made up for any shortcomings. 20 a night is perhaps a bit high considering the current condition of the site.

Date of Visit: November 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Parkandride 6 reviews from this member

My review accords with the earlier ones by HET1 & Oconn5140. The camping is set in an field area adjoining the pub`s beer garden.

The paddock had 5 vans, some or all of which, were stored/ belonged to men working locally.

The tap, toilet, chemical disposal & shower (1 of each), were located in an outbuilding at the back of the pub. Basic ok, but dirty and neglected for 20 a night I can do without. The village is called World`s End I should have known better.

The electric tripped off in the toilet facility, luckily having just finished in the electric shower.

The wi-fi code supplied didn`t work. The pub didn`t have any beer, only lager, and the prices must have been London prices.

Positives: hot water, pleasant staff

Newbury, a few miles down the road, was a nice place to visit.

Definitely will not be coming back.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: JamesLyndaStewart 12 reviews from this member

Friendly laid back owner, and as a previous review said, quirky locals.

There is a common across the road for walking dogs, and they are very dog friendly. Their dogs do roam around, but it is their garden after all! we ran over a massive poo as we arrived, so it wasn't the best start.

After seeing the reviews about 'food to die for', we were really looking forward to eating there. However, we only had one meal, which to be honest could have been better, but they had slept in, so possibly didn't have time to prepare. It probably is the worst meal we've ever paid for, and it wasn't cheap.

My husband used the shower/toilet facilities, which were basic, and only one person could use the facility at one time.

Another negative? We ran out of wine, there are no shops around within walking distance that we could find, and the pub sold us two bottles of wine for 25. Having said that, it was very nice wine, but we wouldn't normally pay that anywhere.

In all honesty, we did feel a bit ripped off, not the best stay, but we made it a good night anyway.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: HET1 3 reviews from this member

This site is convenient for attractions eg Highclere but vastly overpriced at 20 per night. The site is attached to a pub where we had a lovely meal but it needs maintenance. Hook up cables trail across the field, the toilet/ shower room is dirty( I only used the toilet once) and generally the place needs some TLC (tender loving care). Would I go again. NO

Child friendliness not tested. If owners spend a little time cleaning and maintaining then it would be a good little site

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: HEATHERJENTO 3 reviews from this member

Wonderful little site. Very obliging landlord, nothing was too much trouble especially as one of the wires was loose on my hook up lead. Mark very kindly took it apart and mended it for me, very reassuring when you are a lady on your own with a young daughter. Lovely welcome on arrival. Pub food was first class and I even had it delivered to my camper as I did not want to leave my dog. Lovely private beer garden. Very handy for the Newbury showground less than 5 minutes away, here you can have electric. Would definitely recommend and that comes from a caravan site owner myself so I am very critical when need to be. Lovely area. Will definitely be returning when I am in the area next year.

Previous     21 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Berkshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Atera STRADA DL 2 Tilting Bike Carrier worth 457.50 Win Family Weekend Camping Tickets to the Into the Trees Festival

UKCS Meet England's Medieval Festival 24th to 27th August, E Sussex
Discover the magic of history and celebrate the past at Herstmonceux Castle. Camping packages available ...more