Visitor Reviews - Cheston Caravan And Camping Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > South Brent > Cheston Caravan And Camping Park Reviews

Cheston Caravan And Camping Park
Folly Cross
Wrangaton Road
South Brent
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
TQ10 9HF

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Open: May To August - Weekdays Only

Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   No Wifi Access
 Fishing 1 mile   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool 5 miles   Outdoor Pool 5 miles
 Horse Riding 1 mile   Cycle Hire 1 mile   Golf 1 mile   Tennis 5 miles
 Beach 10 miles   No Watersports   No Boat Launch
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  18 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Andy Gd 1 review from this member

A little gem of a campsite. Excellent location just off the A38 which makes it really convenient for touring the area. Owners are really helpful and friendly and couldn't do enough for us. Guinea pigs roaming free.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Stoodley 1 review from this member

Would like to say we have just come back from this beautiful quiet, quaint caravan park. Family of four our girls are 10 and 12 and absolutely loved the place the Guinea pigs run wild and we also saw chickens and had some friendly sheep come through the park which the girls thought was funny.

If you want quiet then this is the place for you and your family. Ellice and her husband made us feel ever so welcome and couldn't do anything more to help us. We loved how they would both come out regularly to chat and if there were any problems they were sorted promptly. We will definitely be back.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Susanjo 11 reviews from this member

Just stayed for 2 nights at this site. Very pretty with friendly owners. Excellent site for accessing the moor( it is in the National Park), which is about 5 minutes walk away, so good walking is to be had. The site felt very relaxing. The railway line is close, but the trains did not bother us.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: KirstiRK 1 review from this member

Just spent a week camping at Cheston, it is a lovely little campsite that was the perfect base for us. We camped with a camper van and a drive away tent and braved the rain and wind and were rewarded with sunshine later on in the week! The owners are really friendly and helpful and we spent time watching their little kitten playing and running around the campsite. It is a great base for exploring the Devon coast, we visited Totnes, Kingswear, Bigbury on Sea, Burgh Island; for visiting Darmoor, Haytor, Widdecombe on the moor, Becky Falls. National Trust Houses, Greenway via the steam train from Paignton, Coleton Fishacre. So a great week for the 3 of us (myself, my partner, and 7 year old) in Devon/Dartmoor.

Recommend The Oak in South Brent for dinner and we found plenty of lovely places to eat in the surrounding towns.

We will return again when we next visit the area.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Yvontibb 1 review from this member

Lovely setting, friendly helpful staff. Quiet until the train hurtles by at speed about 15 metres from campsite. Luckily I was the only female on site, or else it would have been a long wait for the one shower (has space for 24 pitches). Toilet block light switched off at night, electric supply was intermittent. Water for washing dishes tepid at best. I have stayed at far better sites for the same money.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Blackwell 2 reviews from this member

Yet another visit to this small and tidy site. We use it to visit family in the area and have done so for over ten years. This years visit was up to Paul and Elise's normal standard. With even better pitches and roadway. We look forward to many more visits. South Brent has all the shops that are needed and there is a convenient Garage.

Reviewer: ClareAtkinson 1 review from this member

This is a very friendly family run site. It has good facilities and I loved the guinea pigs ! We picked this site as it is close to the Glazebrook House Hotel where we attended a wedding. It was good value for money, we thoroughly enjoyed the weekend and would visit again when we are in the area. Highly recommend this site.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Irene s 1 review from this member

A pleasant and friendly welcome as we arrived late were sited quickly and efficiently and had pleasant conversation with the owner. Large pitches - well lit and looked after. Helpful advice on area and given directions to shopping centre and next destination. Would recommend this site as being ideal for touring.

Date of Visit: March 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Sammyjohnson1750 1 review from this member

Hey all, My name is Sammy and I visited the site in March. I was reading through the reviews and I couldn't believe the review that someone left on here. I drive a Motorhome that is 7 meters long (I am single so I drove) and I managed to drive it into the spaces provided. And I am a blonde so you mustn't be that good of a driver. I didn't hit any tyres or any wooden fences when I reversed in. The electric hook-up had two leaves on it and a twig (we are in the country side, kind expected) but nothing to cause a drama over. The toilet block was great, clean and smelled nice - no issues there and when I visited in March the showers were free so you must have been the only guy there to pay as another couple on the site had been there for 2 weeks before me and hadn't had to pay??? Also 18. 00, I was shocked I had to pay so little, I paid 25. 00 for one night in a different site the day before and you had to pay for showers there. Plus I am glad that you won't be returning because your negativity would make my stay 'shocking' as I will definitely be returning again next month. I had a lovely stay, the place was very well maintained and perfect. It was clean and cosey. The owners gave great service and helped me with anything I needed they were even there to great me when I arrived at 10:30pm because I was running late (which most campsites won't do) - they were contactable 24/7, the walks in the area were great, brilliant cycle routes too and great pubs and restaurants nearby. It is worth visiting this site, just tranquil and perfect. I hope others do visit as you would miss out on a nice place to stay.

Date of Visit: March 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Murviman 2 reviews from this member

We stayed at Cheston for just one night and, after having read all the favourable reviews, we were generally disappointed.

The first snag encountered was the small size and positioning of the pitches, which proved very tricky to negotiate with our medium sized motorhome. Small wooden fences around each pitch added to the difficulties as did ornamental tyres, pile of spare gravel and stored caravan: very little space to reverse into position.

Although the site is pleasantly grassed with attractive trees and shrubs, the electric hook-ups and toilet block seem neglected.

Had we paid only half of the 18 charged, we may have been happy. To be asked for a further 50p for a shower token just added to the shock.

We will not be returning.

Previous     18 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Devon (South)

Win a 299 Clarke IG1200B Suitcase Generator! Win an Outwell Electric Barbecue Package worth over 205

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 6 to 7th July, Derbyshire