Visitor Reviews - Camber Sands Holiday Park ( Parkdean Resorts )

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > East Sussex > Site Reviews

Camber Sands Holiday Park ( Parkdean Resorts )
New Lydd Road
Camber
Rye
East Sussex   (Browse area)
TN31 7RT

Fishing <1 mile   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool On Site   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding   Cycle Hire   Golf   Tennis
 Beach <1 mile   Watersports <1 mile   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   Dog Walk

Reviews:  49 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: TerenceM15 3 reviews from this member

An outstanding site and well located. We were cycle touring and our two-man tent was dwarfed by this big site. Nonetheless we were treated like royalty. The facilities were first class and not in your face as can happen with large organization and being near the sea.

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Catalina68 1 review from this member

Just returned from 2 nights in my VW camper at Camber Sands (Park Resorts). I was only using it as a base rather than for full site facilities. Booked a week before my stay (using the discount code available via this site, so £21 total for 2 nights with electric hook-up). I received a phone message a couple of hours before the booking was due to begin suggesting I could choose new dates or have a full refund as there were only 'a few pitches'. On calling back I was advised the touring field was 'waterlogged' - on further questioning I was told it was 'muddy with puddles'. As a date change was not possible I went anyway - the site was nowhere near as bad as I expected, yes a bit muddy in patches but that was it. The touring field is next to the main road although being in a van with good sound insulation this didn't worry me, but there are a high proportion of noisy 'boy racer' cars in Camber it seems. I did go out the first evening at 8pm when it was dark & returned to find a very large tent pitched very close by (their guy ropes were less than 2' from my doors) which was a surprise, and had others close behind me too so felt a bit surrounded. The toilet/shower block was pretty clean generally, including a laundrette & washing-up area (& I'm fussy about stuff like that!). I only encountered staff on arrival, they seemed friendly. I did take a walk up to the entertainment complex for a look one evening, other than a fish & chip counter, there were no other takeaway options. Entrance barriers were mainly up with no staff monitoring access to the park, plus cars driving much faster than the recommended 5mph round park. Access to the beach was right opposite the park entrance, up some steps/sloping path, although there is clearly work still ongoing to the sea wall but I had a paddle. Local post office, fish & chips, Indian restaurant within 10 mins walk. Buses run from just outside park entrance too. I'd use this park as a base again.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Bindason 1 review from this member

We have just got back from another week in the Park Resorts Camber Sands, we did a short 3 night break there 7 weeks ago and the beach access from the touring field was closed due to construction of the sea wall behind the field.

Although beach access is now open there is still a lot of diggers, concrete mixers, rollers etc active on the sea wall and they started work at 7am every day so expect some noise this season too.

The touring field is getting quite tired and needs the usual holes refilling however the warden did his best to keep it tidy and helped people set up in the strong winds.

The facilities on the touring field are very tired, although 2 showers for each the men's and ladies plus a disabled /babies toilet and shower, they were very busy at peak times and not the cleanest, hot water at sinks but no undercover area so you get wet if it rains and washing up!

The rest of the park was quite pleasant however we didn't use any of the entertainment apart from the pool as we have a little one and she was in bed.

Overall pleased but expensive for what you get.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Laurenceslater 2 reviews from this member

Have just come back after two nights at this site. I agree with most of the reviews below (poorly maintained touring field, excellent on-site facilities including indoor swimming pool, beach just over the road) I am pleased to report that they have now marked out 43 separate pitches in the field. However they were not very large pitches so we were quite near our neighbour. I would imagine the site could be very crowded in high season. We would return and this time we would remember to pack our swimming costumes! One advantage of going out of high season was that the price was very cheap.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Shiny and co 3 reviews from this member

When we booked we were told that we would need two pitches to accommodate our 26 foot caravan, Having not been here before we paid for two. On arrival we were directed to the pitches. Not end to end as we had thought but side by side ? We would have fitted on one easily but they wasn't having it. The pitch had electric hook up point 15 feet from the fence making it awkward to reverse around. (I drive arctics to am experienced at reversing). There wasn't much grass, mostly dirt and we were right next to the road. The showers, 2 of them for men and 2 for women were always dirty and the toilets lacked paper. There was around 150 tents and caravans when we visited plus many statics. The entertainment in the club was suited mainly for young kids, my two, 11 and 14 got bored. On a positive the area is beautiful. Camber beach is fab and the nearby town of Rye is very pretty. The swimming pool although a bit small was clean and well staffed

Date of Visit: April 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jnash 2 reviews from this member

I didn't find the receptionist very welcoming and had to wait a while to be seen, even though it wasn't busy. The camping area was ok but a bit run down. Lots of things to do for the kids but it is quite a large site so I found it a bit impersonal.

Local attractions are good, such as the local beach and nearby town of Rye. Good location for a weekend. Not sure I will rush back though.

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Allweather 15 reviews from this member

Stayed here before, 2 Easters ago. Nothing's changed. PROS: Nice long Sandy Beach just over the road, The clubhouse Facilities are fantastic, Restaurant has good choice menu and not too expensive, Amusements, Fair size shop/minimarket, Entertainment was great for all ages as you'd expect from Park resorts, Great indoor swimming pool, staff friendly, Camp site washing etc facilities good but not fantastic. CONS: Bar prices very high, Camp site very uneven and worn out, most of the electric point were leaning over, lots of pot holes, Only two water tap point, one of which was sooo slow I used the Fire Hydrant nearby to fill my water Butt up, as this was much quicker. No organised pitches just pitch where your able, even as previous post have mentioned you pitch on top of your neighbour. The Main road can get quite noisy due to most motor cyclist opening up their machines as they come off the bend just outside the front gate.

We only use this site cos we take our Grandson away for Easter and this site has everything he'd need to keep him occupied.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Barbie Girl 10 reviews from this member

Well I really don't know where to start. I have stayed on some basic sites but for £30 per night I would expect more. The pool complex was ok but they charge you for lockers £1 and you don't get it back.

The touring field is like a poor man's relation compared to the rest of the site. The pitches are 6m x 6m and between you and the neighbouring pitch is a gap less than 60cm then they give you a leaflet telling you for safety you must be at least 6m from your neighbour. How ! ! ! When the pitches are small can you do this. We arrived home from a visit to Rye to find a trailer tent pitched behind us so close I could hardly get to my waste water to empty it. The EHU bollards were in no relation to the pitches and wires were all over the road and pitches trying to hook up. They do accept tents and some were huge taking up much more than their own pitch. The Warden didn't see to give a flying fig and there was another group behind us with huge tents a trailer tent and gazebos just pitched however they wanted no safety or consideration for what would happen in a fire.

The other campers / caravanners seemed to think everyone on site wanted to listen to the music and compete with each other on who could be the loudest the worst being a man near the toilet block who opened his car doors and turned the volume up full blast so the people he was with could dance round like lunatics behind their windbreaks in their onesies.

The showers were relatively clean however even though it was not push button they tended to go off whilst in use them come on again spitting boiling water or cold water all over you. The taps in the toilet also kept jamming on and with the plug still in the sink would then overflow hot water all over the floor very unpleasant and dangerous. When mentioned to a staff member was told someone would look at it in the morning so they are happy for the hot water to be running full on all night.

The town of Rye is close by and was lovely. Hastings was also close and made a good day out.

I would never return to this campsite I think the touring fields are appalling

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Matt94 27 reviews from this member

My daughter wanted to use my touring caravan for a few days and Camber was the ideal place for her as it has an indoor swimming pool, good club, cheap meals in the restaurant, shop and takeaway on site, with the beach just over the road.

I dropped it off on a Wednesday and was going to pick it up Friday, but thought as its on site I would use it Friday to Sunday,

Last year I said I would not use this site again, as there is no control on where people pitch their tents and caravans,

When I arrived Wednesday there were only 4 caravans on site, I sited my caravan near the shower and toilets which have 2 showers in the menís and womanís and were clean.

When I arrived Friday afternoon on one side of my caravan was another caravan just a few feet away, on the other side was a large tent very close to my caravan.

On the Saturday morning the tent packed up and went home, we went out for the day and when we returned to the site there were 4 tents position to the side and back of my caravan, the tents to the side were so close their tent guide lines were pegged under my caravan.

The facilities on site are excellent, but the site is badly let down with no control on where people site their tents, caravans and motorhomes.

I like this site as itís central to Hastings and Folkestone but I'm not prepared to put up with the bad or no organisation in the siting of units, until there is more organisation I will not be returning to Camber.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Myattmania 14 reviews from this member

Stayed here again for another weekend break - as usual had a well needed break and a great laugh

Weather unfortunately was not going in our favour and was extremely windy, but never let it ruin our weekend

The site was pretty packed on this weekend, which is the first of our visits that we have experienced the touring area so busy. Unfortunately due to this the toilet/shower blocks were not cleaned as often as they really needed. On the morning of our departure they were so bad that we both decided to wait until we got home to freshen up instead. Sinks blocked with tissues, toilet paper shortage, no soap and general mess

This is the first time that we have experienced such a problem as this, if it is normal for when it gets busy I cant say.

Even with this we will still use the site again as it is a perfect place for a short weekend break for us

If you have not been in the area before Rye is a must for a visit - very pretty

The beach is just perfect miles and miles of sand

Staff as usual are very friendly and helpful

The scores that I have given this time to the site are purely down to it not meeting our usual experience on this trip to others we have had here. Otherwise it would have scored my usual top marks

Previous     49 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in East Sussex

Win a Broadlands 5A Inflatable Tent Bundle worth over £885 Win an OLPRO Shade Campervan Canopy worth £119

UKCS Meet The VolksWorld Show 23rd to 24th March, Surrey