Visitor Reviews - Mill Farm Caravan And Camping Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Somerset > Site Reviews

Mill Farm Caravan And Camping Park
Fiddington
Bridgwater
Somerset   (Browse area)
TA5 1JQ

Open: 1st March - 1st December

No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant <5 miles   Wifi Access
 Fishing <5 miles   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool On Site   Outdoor Pool On Site
 Horse Riding On Site   Cycle Hire   Golf <5 miles   Tennis
 Beach <5 miles   Watersports On Site   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <5 miles  Dog Walk

Reviews:  46 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5

Date of Visit: August 2018 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Team LJ 5 reviews from this member

We were worried about going here following recent reviews online, however we had a nice holiday.

5 nights from 19th Aug. 2 adults. 1 child (age7).

All staff friendly & helpful.

We were on the lakeside field and found it quiet with no noise issues late at night.

Toilet and shower blocks adequately clean. Although shower temperature temperamental - boiling one second, cold the next.

We had fish & chips from the on site chippy one evening - nice.

Didn't use on site shop so can't comment on how well it was stocked.

Outdoor pool too cold, our Son did brave the slide on a couple of (quick) occasions - shame as it would be much better used if several degrees warmer!

Inside pool lovely and warm, although water cloudy. Very busy throughout day, however we utilised the 6-7pm family swim (under 9's) which was much quieter.

Pools lifeguarded; and contrary to other reviews I often saw him blowing his whistle and reminding kids of the rules. Kids were left to make own decision when to safely use slide which often lead to kids landing on top of each other - one more lifeguard really needed.

No extra charges for using either pool.

Kids club and evening entertainment great. Shame main Act only started at 10pm as this a little too late for most families leaving the clubhouse mostly empty; 9pm start would be much better.

Main Acts were fabulous & worth staying for.

Like other reviews wasps were a constant nuisance, however site kept fairly tidy & bin's regularly emptied; it's just the time of year which can't be helped!

Boating lake great, however some of the boats had broken or missing oars - a bit of tlc required. Great fun & no charge.

Site a little out of the way. About 7miles out of nearest town Bridgwater.

Overall a good holiday.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Markie4569 7 reviews from this member

This is the perfect site if you have slightly older kids (9+)

It is a well maintained site with fantastic amenaties and most included in the price!

Its not a Twee site where you are frightened to raise your voice above a whisper after putting the kids to bed, in fact its a vibrant site that comes alive at night. People talking normally and even some with quietly playing music that changes as you walk to the loos.

Loos are a little dated but I didn't go there to spend all my time in there so I don't care! They were clean and up to the job I needed them for.

Two pools meant I almost forgot we had kids (apart from meal times) which gave both myself and my wife time to sit, relax & enjoy a well earned drink whilst talking to our newly made friends.

The on site Club House is a little like PontLins so we didn't stay long although I have to say, the chip shop cooked the best chips I have had in a very long time and the shop sold most things you would need.

Everybody around our pitch was very friendly and it added to the ambience and feel good factor.

It IS a very busy site (especially during school holidays) so expect kids to be playing late into the night and then early in the mornings because that's what they do. If you want a Twee site that 'Shuts down' at 9:45pm - Dont go!

I am 100% going back next year and looking forward to it.

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Foleys 2 reviews from this member

Good points : free swimming pool, boating lake, nice surroundings. Not so good points : showers, toilets need updating Games room needs TLC. Passed by site and called in on the off chance there were spaces, Really annoying a 3 booking fee is charged, not sure what this is charged for ??. Would I visit again, probably not

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Plinsky 15 reviews from this member

Perfect site for kids but NOT if you wish to have a quiet time. There is supposed to be no noise after 11pm. Well lets say that the noise went on until 1am!

Toilets clean, shops has sufficient items as emergency back up. Swimming pool slightly crowded, no changing facilities that were obvious. Good to be able to use boating lake and swimming pool for free. Never used the take away bar or night club house. It did get a little rowdy.

Family room had only a shower. No hooks, no shelves no baby changing facilities and no bench! Basically its a shower and a toilet with no mopping out facilities.

Pitch large and playgrounds in every camping area. There is still quiet a bit of traffic and there isn't really a field where the dog can freely run.

Will we go back: no. Having said that, the lady at reception (and on the phone) were friendly and helpful. Very expensive.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Liz5050 1 review from this member

I highly recommend this campsite, I stayed here for the first time in August 2016, myself and my family had a fantastic time. The location suited us because there were plenty of walks and the beaches are around a 10 min drive away its very central to towns and villages and near to Minehead, Glastonbury, Weston and its at the foot of the Quantocks, there are lots to do in the surrounding areas and a town a few miles away the campsite is situated in a quiet area with lovely views surrounding it, so you can choose to have a relaxing quiet stay and or go for long evening walks with the dog or enjoy the entertainment.

This campsite is fun with plenty to do and after talking to fellow campers it seems to be a very popular and enjoyable campsite by many. I have no complaints regarding the facilities they were clean and well maintained. I feel this site is great value for money my children were kept occupied the whole time, with swimming in both the indoor heated pool and outdoor pool with a slide, they have a gym with sauna, trampolines a boat lake which you can also canoe on, a games room with arcades and pool tables a club house for evening entertainment which suited all ages, that was a lot of fun, a chip shop with a varied menu, a launderette and free wifi in the gym reception with a bar and coffee facilities. Play parks in every paddock, pony rides a bmx track. My children were spoilt for choice.

The staff are so friendly and helpful, pets are welcome with many dog walking paths to take them on. All in all I would give this campsite top marks. I have camped all over europe and this is one place I will definitely recommend.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Bcfcboz 3 reviews from this member

Been here before and enjoyed is last time. But this time it was no where near as good. The site was very busy and the whole experience was a let down due to this. The shop opening hours are only from 9-6. Which I find odd as most people are up for breakfast before this time. They are missing a trick and at the same time not providing a service which has happened on every other site I've stayed on. It's about 5 mile away from the nearest shop as well. You can't pay by card either. Only cash. A site of this size should have that facility. The chip shop is a decent chippy to be fair. But on our second visit we waited for 45 minutes and the huge queue just didn't move. We had to take the decision to go off site to eat as the kids were really hungry after a day out. We took the decision not to eat out on the understanding we could just grab a chippy dinner back at the site. How wrong was we. We then visited two pubs after that in cannington only to be told they stopped doing good at 7 and the other couldn't seat us. (Restaurant being empty)

Every night the noise around the campsite went on til around midnight and even later. Music was being played too loud and a lot of other campers didn't respect the fact that people might want to sleep before 1am. We had a group of 4/5 pitches next to us that were all together and created a village. Which is all good and well but when the put their wind breakers around the electric hook up point I was dreading what the four nights we had in front was going to hold. I wasn't wrong.

Speaking to campers who was mindful of other campers we noticed that the site are favourable to repeat customer groups and let them rule the roost.

The entertainment was shocking as well.

Massively disappointed as this was our only holiday for this year. We are no snobs and love to have a few beers and mingle with other campers etc. But the etiquette of fellow campers here is not followed and we shall NOT be visiting again.

I also understand the staff are worked hard during the high season. But that's the job you choose so be a diamond and pop out a smile now and again.

It's a real shame because this site could be an excellent site.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: D1anner 4 reviews from this member

Toilet/Shower block - though showing signs of age in some area are clean and well maintained. Clubhouse - seems family orientated and this is reflected in the entertainment provided.

Location - If you want a break from the world and its madness, this is it, far enough from the shops so that you're not spending a fortune, close enough for an afternoon out enjoying the area

Staff always polite and despite other comments were very smiley. Child Friendly, able to let children play nearby but not so close that they were 'tied' to the tent and felt safe.

Plenty to do on site, walking, cycling, swimming, rowing and the horse riding.

Plenty of places to visit within in easy reach.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: D1anner 4 reviews from this member

What a great site. Relaxed family atmosphere. Plenty for the children to do if you want to stay on site. Plenty of places to visit. They do have wifi near the entertainment site but lack of wifi further away, what bliss, we can really be a family with out the constant ping ping of the what's app or snapchat. You can see the owners try really hard to make it family friendly. Basic clean showers and amenities. Good clean fun with the evening entertainment. Will I go again yes yes yes. Two swimming pools so you can relax in the indoor pool and watch your children playing outside in the slides etc. The horse riding is quite close. And there are areas nearby to go fly your kite. Once on site you can keep the family busy with riding, canoeing, rowing, swimming, evening fun without leaving the site.

Date of Visit: October 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Trevord2011 7 reviews from this member

Not one I would recommend.

Toilet block dated stayed for 5 nights don't think it was cleaned over our stay, wife sliped as tiles worn. Also some heat would be good, took ages to get hot water, cubical floods.

Site has got a click as those that store vans on site do what they like dog are allowed to fun free as are kids don't get me wrong have two dogs kept on leads and a six year old. Did speak with site office poor responce.

One last note booked hard standing to get a 3ftsq bit in the grass joke.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Fryer71 1 review from this member

Just returned from 2 weeks at Mill Farm, Somerset. The place is not for everyone, I have previously been to haven and this was our first time here. The place is very similar to Haven, but on a lower scale. You are out in the sticks (6 miles) to nearest town Bridgwater. Hit and miss for internet connection, majority of time none.

Our tent is huge so booked a super pitch which was in a corner, which was great. All the pitches are flat. We had windbreakers just to section off as a lot of people booked smaller pitches but had too bigger tent on it then infringe of other people space. There is shop, chippy and clubhouse on site, also washerette indoor and outdoor swimming pools which my children loved, boating lake, pony riding (extra cost), trampolines and play parks in each camping areas. We walked around the site and my children played in each play park.

Very relaxing and generally had a great time, all staff and very friendly and helpful. There was at times people queuing for washing up but this is the same at any haven campsite. Toilets and showers very clean and cleaned every day.

The only downside as other reviews is people not being considerate to noise late at night also a camper next to us banging pots at 7. 15am outside everyone tents thinking it funny on a Sunday morning. (just thoughtless of others)

Met some lovely people, which we will keep in touch. We loved this place as we wanted a quiet chilled out and not too busy (like haven) time. But as said this is not everyone's cup of tea - this campsite reminded my of camping in the 70's/80's when I was a child, majority of people spoke to you and children playing together.

We will definitely return next.

Previous     46 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Save to Virtual Brochure  Add this Site to your Virtual Brochure                                Share  Google Plus  Email Link  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

Other sites within 10 miles   -    All Sites in Somerset   -   Search for a site

Three sets of AutoSock Car Snow Socks to be won Win a Weeks Holiday at Stafford Moor Fishery

UKCS Meet Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Show 19th to 24th Feb, NEC
See the latest ranges of motorhomes, caravans, holiday homes, tents, awnings and accessories ...more