Reviews of Archers At Red Bank Farm

Campsite Search > UK > England > North West > Lancashire > Carnforth > Archers At Red Bank Farm Reviews

Archers At Red Bank Farm
Tel: 01524823196
Visit their website

Open: Easter To October

Tent Pitches   No Caravans   Motorhome Pitches   No Glamping Units
 No Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   Freezer / Fridge   No Motorhome Point
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant On Site   Wifi Access
 Fishing 1 mile   Wild Swimming On Site   Indoor Pool 5 miles   No Outdoor Pool
 No Horse Riding   Cycle Hire 1 mile   Golf 5 miles   Tennis 1 mile
 Beach On Site   Watersports 5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring 5 miles
 Sea Views   Not Working Farm   Campfires Allowed   Not Open All Year
 Coastside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  182 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19

Date of Visit: July 2019 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Solo traveller
Reviewer: Reliant 4 reviews from this member

I booked my first night online to stay a night before starting my cycle tour, then came back for another night a few days later.

On both occasions I was made welcome and on my second stay, the manager even came up to my pitch and brought me a chair to sit on!

This is very much a family focused site with quite a few children playing together near their parents. Fire pits are available to hire with the proviso that only compressed paper logs are used.

There are two parts to the site, the outer field with lovely views across Morecambe Bay with a view of the Cumbrian hills and lovely sunsets. The other field, where I stayed on my first night, is larger, and was pretty full of tents around the perimeter but then there is so much room in the middle, before long, a line of other tents appeared and the whole thing was cosy and friendly. As expected, noise levels dropped once it was 10:00, and there was the friendly glow of firepits surrounded by families relaxing.

The shower I used had a problem;it was on and off lukewarm and cold, but next morning the maintenance crew were on the case with the plumbing. Basins and toilets all nice and clean and there is a laundry room where you can charge your phone on a meter arrangement.

I didn't get to use the bar or cafe, but judging by the delicious smell of breakfast cooking and seeing people eating outside at tables, I wish I had!

I read on some reviews about the noise from trains but this wasn't intrusive for me. For those seeking peace and quiet and solitude, perhaps this is not the most suitable site, but for families and those wanting to fish, swim and take days out, it is ideal. I spoke to many people here who come back year after year. For a solo cycle tourist/camper like me it was just the job.

Date of Visit: July 2019 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: AMATEUR 7 reviews from this member

A great site, only £14 for a basic grass pitch with no EHU. Pitch where you like - the site is on a hill. There are two fields, with some lovely views over the sea.

Toilets and showers are clean, and free. There's a washing up area. There's also a cafe on site which seemed very popular. There is some great cyling along the Lancaster canal within a short distance of the campsite, or coastal walks.

Hest Bank is within a mile's walk and has two good pubs. We tried the Indian restaurant in Bolton-le-Sands and enjoyed our meal.

Date of Visit: September 2018 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Davehornby1 2 reviews from this member

What can I add?

Very easy online booking, only £10 per night for daughter and self, and no extra for the dog.

Well maintained facilities, plenty of hot water for the showers.

Great views and coastal walks nearby.

Can recommend 'The Canal Turn' pub, easy to reserve a table, dog friendly, good portion sizes and reasonable prices.

Can't wait to return.

Date of Visit: September 2018 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Itsdryinside 4 reviews from this member

Warden is fab, view also. But 4 showers, only 1 of which had a place to put your stuff, in the others it just got wet, also having to keep your hand on to get water. Lots of very noisy kids - was glad to get away. Please do not say you have wi-fi if you haven't - no access all week! Probably a lovely place for families but not for couples who want peace and quiet - sorry!

Date of Visit: August 2018 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Anita20 2 reviews from this member

Have stayed in this area lots of times but never on Red Bank Farm before (because we couldn’t), now owning a motorhome we can. I can only say that this is one of the best sites I have been on in the UK, but this is because it ticks all my boxes.

So easy to book online, so friendly & helpful staff, walking up with us to choose our spot, note choose, not be sited where they want you to go. Yes the ground is sloping but the views, the situation, from my bedroom window I can watch the tide come in & this is one of my favourite things. The warden is friendly, helpful but not intrusive, the grass is like a bowling green, well cut short & not a weed in sight. The toilet & shower block are large, newish & well adequate. Oh god those views, 365 deg of views!

This area is where you get the best of both worlds, coast & countryside, lots of coastal walks & cycleways, plus the Lancaster canal just over the main road. Lots of great pubs, with the wonderful food & lots of supermarkets nearby.

The price of £10 for one person non electric is well acceptable, my husband goes home to work & so it’s just £3. 50 more when there’s two. No charge for dogs, awnings, extra car or a hike up for peak season & bank holidays. No wonder the warden said “you’re going to love it here”

Five stars Red Bank Farm

Date of Visit: July 2018 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Janpeyton 13 reviews from this member

Lovely campsite. We have been numerous times and it has always been clean and well organised. We checked in at reception and our pitch was clearly marked. This year our stay coincided with the first weekend of the summer holidays. Lots of families with children but no problems and quiet once it was dark. The warden was extremely friendly while bobbing about on his quad. We had a late lunch at The Arches café on site the food so fresh and again so well managed.

The showers and toilets are ample. We took a walk along the beach where there was kite / buggy surfing so lots to see.

Would definitely recommend this site.

Reviewer: TandB 9 reviews from this member

Lovely site, sloping but we managed ok. Main railway line passes nearby but we got used to it and enjoyed counting trucks. Site has restaurant which we will patronise next time because we will definitely return. Fabulous spot, ideal for families and couples. Friendly owners, delightful animals too to pet.

Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Family with young children
Reviewer: Ditsy79 7 reviews from this member

We stayed here over the late May Bank Holiday weekend in our large 8-man tent. The site is in a beautiful location, right by the shore ('sand' is quite muddy though!).

Lovely campsite with fairly basic facilities. The toilet block was always clean and had an adequate number of toilets, showers and basins. There was an outside shower too for washing off mud from the beach before using the main showers, which I thought was a great idea. There is a small laundry with washers, dryers and ironing board - also a freezer for campers to put their ice blocks in.

There are 4 sinks for washing up, all outside but 2 are under cover. They always seemed to be kept clean.

The campsite consists of 2 big fields. As mentioned on previous reviews, the lower field is slightly more sheltered and the top field has better views. We stayed in really windy weather, so chose the bottom field. The site seems well-tended, and has a small number of electric hook up pitches, which have a wooden fence around to mark them out. The non-electric campers can pitch up wherever there is space.

This campsite had a lovely family feel about it, lots of children for our daughter to play with. People generally adhered to the rule of quiet after 10:30pm.

Big plus point of the site is that non-electric campers can arrive any time after 9:30am and can leave whatever time they want, so we had a nice chilled morning packing everything away.

We would definitely recommend this site.

Reviewer: Robo710 18 reviews from this member

We picked this site to go cycling In the morecambe area. The site was very quiet when we visited. We camped on the bottom field as we wanted some protection from the wind. The top field seemed quite windy and the pitches seemed to be sloping. The owners work hard to keep it very clean. The large toilet, shower area was always immaculate. There is a cafe on site, only went in for a drink but always seemed very busy. Really couldn't fault the site itself. Made a good base for the local area. The major drawback for us, the proximity to the west coast railway line, extremely noisy day and night even with ear plugs so would not use again. Shame loved the area.

Date of Visit: October 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Bwfcdave1 7 reviews from this member

Wow! Just looked back and I last posted a review of this site back in 2009 when it was our first family camping outing with our 4 year old twins.

This time I was back with my 13 year old in our newly acquired Land Rover Defender with roof tent. October half term 2017 was spectacularly wet so glad we had the LR!

We have returned to this site at least twice a year if not more over the last 8 years and it never fails to impress. We've been with tents, camper vans, trailer tent and this time roof tent. Get yourselves in the top field. Bit exposed if windy but the views (and sunsets if you get them) are superb.

Great facilities, relaxed approach but kept quiet when it gets late so good for families, lots to see and do nearby, fires accepted. Cafe is excellent and the owners / farmers are always friendly and approachable.

Still good value

Enjoy

Previous     182 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other Sites Near Carnforth      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Lancashire

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 16/01 to 19/01, Event City
Over 200 exhibitors with all the new 2020 models and biggest ever selection of accessories. Plus win tickets! ...more

UKCampsite.co.uk

Amazing daily prizes and a grand Christmas Day Star Prize - Coming Soon!

Register for a Reminder