Visitor Reviews - North Ledaig Caravan Site ( C A M C Affiliated)

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > Scotland > Argyll > Site Reviews

North Ledaig Caravan Site ( C A M C Affiliated)
Connel
Oban
Argyll   (Browse area)
PA37 1RU
Check Digital TV coverage    See Weather Forecast

Open: 18/03 To 31/10

No Tents   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   No Glamping Units
 No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Baby Changing Facilities   No Laundry   Drinking Water   Disabled Friendly
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   No Wifi Access
 Fishing 1 mile   Wild Swimming 1 mile   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Beach On Site   Watersports 1 mile   No Boat Launch
 Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Not Open All Year
 Coastside Pitches   Public Transport 5 miles  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  127 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13

Date of Visit: April 2019 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: SallyB68 1 review from this member

This campsite is a large open commercial site with an area set aside for C&MC members.

Whilst I agree with the positive aspects that others have mentioned, I was disappointed to find the electrical supply is only 10 amps and that it cannot be re-set without the attendance of the warden between the hours of 8am to 8pm. Outside these hours you would go without. One therefore is always concerned about power usage which does not go with a relaxing stay.

I have not found this information anywhere prior to booking this site. Given the tariffs I feel this site is poor value for money despite the location.

Date of Visit: December 2018 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Argyllie 11 reviews from this member

As a new reviewer here, I have dated this to our most recent stay at this "old favourite". We've been visitng this site for some years in a variety of different units. It is well laid out and organised.

After you have booked in at reception which has a shop area to one side, you are shown to your pitch by a warden who asks if you require assistance to pitch (if you are towing a caravan). There is a long stretch of shoreline to walk or fish or launch a boat. The site lies adjacent to Oban Airport and on occasions we have found the volume (amount and sound) of air traffic to be a bit intrusive, usually on a Saturday afternoon in the summer months.

There is a dog walk on site and there is extensive walking available in the area, directly from site. A short walk into the village of Benderloch allows you to visit the amazing village store which is well worth a visit just to see the extraordinary range of stock. I like to go there to support the local area. There is a camping shop next door to this.

The site is "closed" from around October to March but a few pitches are always left open and payment is run on an honesty basis if there is no-one at reception.

Date of Visit: September 2018 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: BeachDog 26 reviews from this member

Affiliated CAMC site with lots of static pitches along with touring pitches, all well spaced. Some touring pitches right on the beach front with spectacular views over the loch to Mull and Lismore, gorgeous sunsets.

Facilities tidy, fresh and modern. Staffed reception and well stocked shop, on arrival, warden will take you to your pitch and show facilities.

Connell and Falls of Lora about 30 mins walk along old railway line. Oban airport is next door, can spot the light planes arriving and leaving. Small slipway suitable for launching small boats etc.

Reasonable price for CAMC members 23, costs 2 more if not a member.

Date of Visit: April 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Bigmark 18 reviews from this member

Arrived 1st April on a glorious sunny day and check in was very good. Taken to our pitch by warden. All pitches face the sea which is obvious as that is the main attraction. The front row was not being used so in effect the 2nd row which I was on became the front row. View was outstanding. You could see over to Mull. Well as I said the sun was out but that day was the last we saw of it. I knew I was taking a chance going Scotland at that time of year so hey it is what it is.

We got over to mull on the ferry and went to tobermory. That was an interesting drive on quite a bit of single track road. Shame it was drizzling. Oban is not a bad place and we had a drink or 3 in there. It has usual shops and wetherspoon etc. Our tv broke so there was an argos there to get another.

A nice walk on an old railway line that cuts through the camp. I bet if you get the weather it would be amazing. Nice shop on site with usual caravan needs.

Date of Visit: March 2018 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Itsyum 110 reviews from this member

This is a huge site (i don't know where the 120 pitches comes from as there's at least 300 !) situated right on the side of the Loch with a large expanse of beach and stunning views.

There's a very well stocked shop and reception area with friendly wardens, we only had a one night stop here and didn't use the facilities blocks so can't comment on those but overall it's a nice site in a nice location just a few miles from Oban and right at the end of the runway of Oban airport

Date of Visit: October 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Greg M 35 reviews from this member

First impressions of this site is how big it is.

After a warm welcome at reception we were shown to the first of two available motorhome service points to take on water and then to our pitch.

Great view across the water from where we were sited but most pitches have the same.

The toilets (two blocks) and showers were spotless despite the site being virtually full

and there was also a modern looking laundry room that we didn't use.

A previous reviewer stated they paid 11 return on the bus to Oban, we paid 3. 50 return from the stop opposite the campsite. Plenty of shops and places to eat in Oban, as well as the ferries arriving and departing.

TV reception was excellent as was my mobile signal (Virgin).

There was also a very well stocked shop in reception that would keep you supplied with most things you would need.

Although the weather was not at it's best we were able to walk the shoreline and enjoy walks around the site.

Definitely a site I would recommend to friends.

Date of Visit: October 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Davedenise 2 reviews from this member

Fantastic site overlooking sea loch. Huge site but units well spaced and slope/terrace allows views even from some rows back. Well stocked shop. Toilets are immaculate, Caravan Club + standard. Staff pleasant, good to see wardens on patrol. I don't have a dog but like them. This is a doggy paradise. A ball, a beach and some water. What more could a mutt want?

Good base for touring. If you are a fisherman there are plenty of marks within easy travelling, or try from beach. Oban 6 miles away, bus stops across road from campsite. Plenty of shops, including Tesco. If you like seafood plenty of choice.

Ferries to the isles leave from here, you can do day trip sailings.

Site next to small aerodrome, not at all intrusive and it was a pleasant distraction watching the light aircraft landing. Definitely a favourite site of ours.

Date of Visit: September 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Janey47 22 reviews from this member

We stayed 2 nights at this fabulous site. We were given a pitch looking out to sea. The pitches are large and fairly level. Facilities were excellent as was the very well stocked shop. Staff extremely friendly and helpful.

We caught the bus to Oban no's 5 or 405 11. 00 return. We took the ferry to Mull 6. 80 return then on the local bus to Tobermory. It was a fabulous day out and I'd highly recommend.

I would definitely stay at the site again I couldn't fault it.

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Phillmax11 3 reviews from this member

We visited this site for 3 nights on 7th July. Campsite was perfect with well kept grass areas, gardens and toilet block. Direct access on to the beach for those with boats or if you want a nice walk.

The toilet block was modern and spotless with non touch electric showers that were lovely and warm (free). There is also a play park with slide, swings roundabout and climbing frame which my kids loved. Old railway line is a nice walk to the nearest village (15 minutes) where there is a shop and lovely cafe.

Date of Visit: June 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Woodlander 15 reviews from this member

This is a huge site just the other side of Oban. We were placed on a pitch with a good view of the sea and islands, it's pleasant to wake up to the sound of the sea.

The toilet blocks are fairly central with a long walk from where we were placed. I measured a half a mile round trip to the service block on my pedometer. I imagine if you have mobility issues the site operators will put you nearer to the buildings. I was very disappointed with the showers, although warm enough a six second burst with the push button is really irritating, and I hate sharing someone else's water flooding into my cubicle. My husband said the gents were better.

The shop is well stocked and pleasant staff operating reception. We walked along a track and found some more village shops a few minutes away. One was a little supermarket, a garage with a gift shop and a good selection of camping needs and a book shop come cafe. There is a good laundry but pricey. I got good at dodging children on bikes who appear oblivious to pedestrians!

I know this site has its fans but I probably wouldn't come back

Previous     127 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Argyll

Win an Outwell Sleeping Package worth over 399 Win a Best of British Holiday worth up to 175!

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 6 to 7th July, Derbyshire
Save 20 on a weekend's camping with masses to do ...more

Play the UKCampsite.co.uk
Easter Hunt

Easter Hunt

Follow the clues, find the answer, and win a fantastic Easter prize - a TV / DVD Combo worth 399!