Reviews of Trossachs Holiday Park

Campsite Search > UK > Scotland > Perthshire > By Aberfoyle > Trossachs Holiday Park Reviews

Trossachs Holiday Park

Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 Kids Playground   TV Room   Games Room   No Evening Ents
 Fishing <1 mile   Wild Swimming <1 mile   Indoor Pool <5 miles   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <5 miles   No Cycle Hire   Golf <5 miles   Tennis <5 miles
 No Beach   Watersports <5 miles   No Boat Launch
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <5 miles  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  37 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4

Our site is open and we are taking bookings , please be assured you can book with confidence. Our toilets are Open. Our showers are Open. Other communal areas may be restricted - please check with us for more information

To enquire about a booking or for more information please contact us

Date of Visit: January 2020 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Group
Reviewer: Megabyte 9 reviews from this member

This is the first time I have been out in my caravan in January and this site made it a perfect start point, I love this site and would consider a seasonal pitch. The site is easy accessible using satnav.

Liked:

1. This site is open all year round.

2. I was delighted by the fact all the caravan pitches are level hard standing and fully serviced (Power, Water, Drainage & TV Point).

3. Basic shop and coffee shop on site.

4. The site has a pub a few miles up the road and puts on a free mini bus service to take you and pick you up again.

5. Spotless toilet and shower block

6. All caravans are manoeuvred into place by hand (3 site staff) unless you have a motor mover, they are put front-in so you get a good view of the countryside, the site is on a hill so you tend to get a great view from the caravan.

7. Great location, not far from Glasgow, Loch Lomond, Stirling and Callander.

8. Games room on site.

9. The site is expanding to add more fully serviced touring pitches.

10. All of the staff are very friendly

Dislikes:

None

Date of Visit: August 2018 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Crainneag 10 reviews from this member

We were attracted to this site as it is only an hour's drive from where we live and is child and dog friendly. It is primarily a chalet and residential caravan site but the tent area is a decent size and has hook-ups and water at each pitch. This was our first camping trip since acquiring a toddler (3 yrs old) and golden Labrador (2 yrs) old and it went like a dream, rather uncomfortable tent aside.

On arrival we were made to feel welcome and escorted to a pitch although we were free to select any free pitch we fancied, car parking is outside the tent on the gravel access road. There is a children's play area by the tent site and also a games room. If you want a bit of peace and quiet then the opposite end of the site from the play area is recommended.

The toilets and showers are well constructed and clean although the provision of hot water is a bit hit and miss. There are washing machines and tumble dryers available and decent free wi-fi.

There is plenty to see and do in the area but as we live less than an hour away we didn't venture too far but several lochs, in particular Loch Lomond and Loch Katrine are close by, the Forestry Commission offer activities locally. For a bit of culture there is Inchmaholm Abbey in the middle of the Lake of Menteith (The only lake in Scotland) which is accessed by a ferry. Stirling is under an hour away and offers as much historical input as most a handle via the old town, castle, Church of the Holy Rude and the National Wallace Monument. Glasgow is also nearby and this offers shopping and a few museums and galleries.

I would thoroughly recommend this site whether you are in a tent, motorhome or caravan.

Date of Visit: July 2018 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Nights stayed: 4 Travelling as:  Family with older children
Reviewer: Nelehp 6 reviews from this member

Present site.

Facilities clean and fresh. Very family oriented.

Site pitches very well spaced

Very well priced. Handy as a home base for excursions out x

Date of Visit: June 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 8 Travelling as:  Retired couple
Reviewer: ToadOfToadhall 14 reviews from this member

Spent a week here and it is a great site for getting into the Trossachs and Loch Lomond. Well organised and maintained, always mowing going on but not intrusive.

Pitches are level and fully serviced but a little tight. But the terracing means everybody has a view out to the Fintry hills.

Can be a bit midgey but this is Scotland in summer so to be expected.

The site manager shows you to your pitch and, if I am being nit picky, he will put you next to a pitched van rather than spreading everybody out. I am not anti social but I do like to have a bit of space around me if possible.

In summary a great site, and I will be back again in the future.

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Happy-snapper 8 reviews from this member

I rolled up here without booking as I drove 6 hours on impulse. Even though they were fully booked they squeezed me and my tent into a space they really only use in emergencies. There was no electric which I never use anyway and as a bonus it was at a reduced rate! the site staff were very helpful and explained everything.

Each pitch has its own water tap and hook up and well spaced. The toilet block was cleaned about 3 times a day. There were 3 proper shower cubicles in the ladies with free abundant hot water. There is a small shop on site which sells basic items you may need.

The site was very well kept and clean. Bins were emptied daily by a man in a van. There was a play area for little ones and a games room with a pool table and a book exchange in case of bad weather

The local pub runs a free pick up service on the idea that you will have a meal there but I didn't try it so can't say what it was like.

There is a path which runs from tent area which goes into town -about 3 miles- easily done on a bike. Site is within a few miles of the 3 lochs leisure drive which I did on my bike-few hills and did have to stop a couple of times! Also loch Kathrine is not that far either.

Midges-I forgot to pack repellent and no doubt the shop would have had some but I kept forgetting. I usually get totally attacked but although I saw some I didn't get bit at all so maybe may is not the right time.

I took a local walk through a well boggy area called the mires so if any were about they should have been there but can't say I say any and it was so hot I only had a vest t shirt on so plenty of arms to bite but didn't get any.

Lovely area for what I wanted-peace and quiet, no phone coverage(virgin) and plenty of walking and bike trials.

I think that after this year they are going to reduce the camping side of things to about 5 so make the most of a great site while you can

Date of Visit: April 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Sandy Wilson 10 reviews from this member

Agree totally with review from Aldoscott's review from a couple of years ago and in the whole it still stands.

Beautiful site, they unhook your caravan and put it on the pitch. Everything about the park is explained to you.

The pitches are fully serviced, including a TV hookup.

The toilets are spotless and appear to get cleaned 3 times a day.

Caravans are laid out in tiers so you do not look into the caravan in front of you and you get to see the lovely views.

There is a very large dog exercise field and a walk through the Bluebell Woods.

Only 3 miles to Aberfoyle.

Will certainly be back here.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Touislay 2 reviews from this member

Have used this site many times, excellent location, nice flat pitches and well looked after.

Shower block isn't the best but perfectly functional. Wardens are on site all time. Lots of things for the kids to do, easy 20 minute walk to Aberfoyle.

Cycle path on the doorstep.

Would recommend and will certainly continue to use happily in the future.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: BalooCub 1 review from this member

First time out with our VW T5 campervan and awning (previously campers for 30 years). Friendly staff showed us to our fully serviced pitch (no. 3) with great views.

Told us which way round to pitch and didn't mind that our awning extended out beyond the hard standing onto the grass (ooops!). Site was 'full. Ish, but no noise problems from other pitches.

Toilet/ shower/ washing up block looking a bit old, but clean, tidy and serviceable. Reported a loose shower head which was promptly fixed. Despite only 2 showers in the gents, never had to queue at 6. 30 am so had a shower every morning and then went back and made a cup of tea for my lovely wife! Can't comment on any of the the other facilities as we didn't use them.

Small village of Aberfoyle 10 minutes or so down the road where we got essential supplies from the small supermarket. Loads of things to do in the area so only used the site as a sleep and eat place. One or two pot holes on the drive upto reception, but I'm sure they'll get fixed in due course.

If we're in the area again looking for a place to stay, then we would certainly consider this site again.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Cwilkinsonfamily 21 reviews from this member

Booked here for 2 nights with friends. We have a motorhome and they have a small tent so we thought we would take advantage of their offer of being able to put a small tent on the same pitch. My friend rang the site and this was arranged and a price given.

However, when she got there they said that this could not possibly be done (despite offering it on their website) and they were put in a totally separate area from us and caused considerably more expense to all parties!

Considering our friends had no electrics or cooking items with them as we were all using the motorhome facilities, this caused them some irritation and inconvenience. The motorhome pitch was nice and on an elevated spot in front of the potwash (which did make it a bit busy at times) and it was much preferable to the cramped tent site where our friends had been put.

Generally speaking, it was a nice enough site but, as usual, it was let down by the toilet facilities - big site with 2 showers in each of the ladies and gents. Seriously? Also, the shower cubicles were extremely small.

Three of us in the party are quite small people and we found them very cramped - the fourth member of our party is over 6ft tall and a well built man so I don't know how he managed! I am getting well and truly sick of complaining about shower and toilet facilities - get with the programme sites.

Campers like to shower and have clean facilities! The days of campers not washing for days at a time went at the same time as camping for the night for a tenner!

Not entirely sure we will return here - the camping in the forest site looked pretty good in gartmore!

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Alanakerr 8 reviews from this member

What a great park this is. It was our second time camping with the kids and we had a fabulous weekend. We had plenty space for our tent ( though it wasn't too busy) it has a park for the kids which mine enjoyed the shop has everything you need and a small coffee shop with wifi.

It is a great place for dogs, it has it's own dog park which is quite large and plenty other walks around. The toilet/ shower blocks were heated and clean and there is 2 family toilet/ shower rooms available for those with young kids.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and I have been told that they park your caravan for you and as we are thinking of buying a tourer this will be the site we will try it out on.

Definitely recommend.

Previous     37 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Write a Review of this Site to Win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Is Trossachs Holiday Park child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Trossachs Holiday Park?  There is a shop within 1 mile  View all facilities

Is Trossachs Holiday Park dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near By Aberfoyle      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Perthshire

UKCS Meet Camping Exhibition, Wokingham 26/06 to 26/07
Approximately 100 different tents on display, and a range of camping accessories ...more