Reviews of Nodes Point Holiday Park ( Parkdean Resorts )

Campsite Search > UK > England > South East > Isle Of Wight > Ryde > Nodes Point Holiday Park ( Parkdean Resorts ) Reviews

Nodes Point Holiday Park ( Parkdean Resorts )
St Helens
Ryde
Isle Of Wight   (Browse area)
PO33 1YA
Tel: 0843 309 2591

Open: 15th February - 15th November

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Glamping Units
 Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   Recycling Facilities
 Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant On Site   Wifi Access
 Kids Playground   No TV Room   Games Room   Evening Entertainment
 No Fishing   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool On Site   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding On Site   No Cycle Hire   Golf <1 mile   No Tennis
 Beach On Site   Watersports <1 mile   No Boat Launch
 Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Not Open All Year
 Coastside Pitches   Public Transport <5 miles  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  52 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

To find out if we're taking bookings please contact us

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Kiaora 3 reviews from this member

Over the years of visiting the IOW, the most off putting thing has been the cost of the ferry, and with a caravan, it's quite expensive.

I normally find different places to stop, bit of wild camping etc.

This year however, I decided to stop at nodes point holiday park, it's not the normal place I stop at, but, I have now found the place I will always stop at.

First, booking for 5 days, and getting the campsite to include the ferry, cost less than booking the ferry only!

Second, in the shower block, there is actuall a bath, and plenty of hot water,

And it's a good place to visit anywhere on the island.

Also they have safari tents, with beds etc, if you haven't got a caravan or camper! Quite large tents!

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Solo traveller
Reviewer: CB-Camper 11 reviews from this member

Have been coming to the Isle of Wight for many years, usually staying in a Static Caravan in the St Helens area, but this was the first time camping at Nodes Point.

The site was very busy, however it was a sunny weekend in the middle of the School Summer Holidays so was to be expected.

I was only camping with a small back packing tent and was advised to simply 'find a space' to pitch up in the camping field.

The camping field is on quite a slope, which isn't a problem but it was very crowded with no marked pitches for the non-electric areas. The site was also very noisy through until the early hours (2 - 3am!) despite the wardens trying to calm things down.

I would happily use this site again as a solo traveler but would probably wait until my children were slightly older before staying here as a family in a tent.

There is only 1 main toilet/shower block at the top of the tent field, there is an overflow toilet block in a porta-cabin at the bottom of the field near the path to the beach but this seemed to be semi flooded and smelly most of the time, probably due to people washing off sandy clothes from the beach in there.

Despite my gripes about this site, the location can't be faulted with such close proximity to the fabulous St Helens Beach and Duver, walks to Bembridge Harbour and the pretty village itself with multiple restaurants, a pub, post office and under 10 minutes to a Tesco Superstore for provisions.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Static
Reviewer: STEVEY G 3 reviews from this member

We had booked a bronze category static for our 7 night stay at the site, as we took our dog with us, on arrival at the site we reported to the reception, the staff where both polite, and efficient, they gave us very clear directions on how to find our caravan.

when we got into the van, we where both, surprised, and pleased to see how clean the van was, and very well stocked with all the pots, pans, and cutlery you would need to compliment you're stay at the park.

The site was nice and clean, the site shop was well stocked, especially for the time of year that we had chosen for our stay, although we did find the pricing of every thing very high, but that seems to be the norm for site shops. Lucky that we new where Tesco's was.

This was not our first visit to the park, but it was the first time that we had used one of their own units, we have always used our own tourer in the past, although we enjoyed it equally as much, we have booked again for this year at the same time. The site is a bit quieter at this time of year.

The down side of this site is its location, you do need your own transport, although there is a bus stop at the entrance to the site, at the end of the lane.

The short walk through the site takes you to a beautiful beach, there is a fish restaurant just a ways up on the right hand side, we did not eat there, but everybody we spoke to said how good it was. There is also a rather good pub in the nearby village, with excellent beers, and equally good food/

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Other
Reviewer: Astencijo 11 reviews from this member

On our arrival we had great expectations as the site looked nice. Check in was dealt quickly. But unfortunately once we saw our accommodation and stepped inside, we were disappointed. Firstly, we have booked Bronze caravan for our accommodation using Sun newspaper deal, as it allows dogs. And we have used Sun newspaper deals before. But we have got a chalet. The first thing that hit us when we walked inside, was an awful smell. We aren't picky people, don't go around with a cotton buds and tooth comb. But this smell was of old, unkept, rotten smell. We did not want to stay there. We went to the reception to ask to be moved somewhere else due to this horrible smell. But we were told that they are fully booked and this is a Standard accommodation for this site. If I had known that this is a standard accommodation I would have never booked it. I think the information on the site is misleading in this case, as we were booking Bronze caravan, not chalet. And if we have actually paid full price for our time, we would have demanded full refund and gone home, that's how awful we felt.

But we didn't want to ruin our weekend. In order to make it bearable, we bought electric air diffuser and candles, to mask the nasty smell. Which improved it very quickly. Note to the site, they should have them in the first place. Then we were out and about most of the time so to spend as little time as possible in the accommodation. Luckily the weather was glorious, so that wasn't big problem to be out.

On the further inspection, we have noticed that there was a cobweb in the kitchen in the corner at the top surface next to the sink and a cooker! If accommodation was cleaned before our arrival, surely this shouldn't be there! There was old and odd looking bin on the floor. We haven't cooked anything during our stay as just didn't want to come up with any other unpleasant surprises in that kitchen.

When I had to wash my 1 years old boy, only then on closer look I have noticed a few long black hair on a shower curtain! My husband wanted to leave there and then. What is more, shower was pathetic. There was no pressure what so ever. To be able to wash I had to stand there almost glued to the wall so I could catch all the water. And I had a look on the website, it claims that electric showers have been installed only in 2014, so basically brand new. Excuse me, but that's definitely not new and in hardly working order!

Furthermore, dirty mop and brush in the bathroom doesn't give any appeal to the place, when you go in to use the toilet.

In the evening In the bedroom I have noticed hair on the shelf with the mirror. I just felt that everything is going from bad to worse. Especially keeping in mind that we had a one years old boy who likes rolling around and playing on the floor, and we were not sure what he will pick up from there.

But I have to tell, that the site in in amazing location. The beach is only 5 minutes walk. We did enjoy so many walks in the morning and evenings. The site is not far from any sightseeing place. At the back we saw camping area and as we are camping lovers, we would have preferred to have stayed there instead of in our provided accommodation, unfortunately. Site staff were friendly and helpful, apart from relocation part. So overall the site is lovely, but you have to definitely select the best accommodation to enjoy it fully. And for the full price for a standard accommodation as the lady in reception claimed is chalet, its not worth the money! They should make it clear in their website what you get when you book Standard!

Sad to say, but we will not be coming to this site ever again. We would love to come back to Isle of Wight again that's for sure, but I will be much more careful about selecting accommodations there in the future.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: J Lo 5 reviews from this member

The thing this site has going for it is the location - Which is amazing. The tent field is just off the beach. The Beach is lovely. Something for everyone, rock pools (we caught lots of crabs) pebble beach for a dip in the lovely calm waters (great for my little one), and sand for sandcastle construction!

Sadly we were very disappointed by the toilet facilities. They have a portaloo cabin at the bottom field with only 3 loos and showers in the ladies and 2 loo's, 3 showers in the mens, and as there is no outside shower area for people off the beach, it is full of sand most of the time. There is another toilet block up the hill, but this is further away from the electric tent pitches, and not really that much better. The portaloo's are a wee bit to small to get a small child showered, but do have a small fold out seat and a hook on the door, and the water was mostly hot. The Larger shower block up the hill had 5 showers and a bath area, but no area was dry to put things down or off the floor and the hooks on the door didn't have much of an angle so my bag kept falling off into a puddle. The water was never hot, but usually warmish, but if it was busy you had to run around to get wet, as the water flow was quite weak.

The ladies loo's was missing a loo seat for the 1st week of our stay, and was filthy most of the time. Mostly they cleaned them 4 times a day, but such a large number of tents and folk off the beach using them, they looked like the kind of facilities you would find at a festival. We did complain after a few days, and the cleaner did improve the level of cleaning and thankfully they got him a new clean mop head (the 1st mop head one was black!) We did have to queue for loo's a few times, even in the middle of the night!

The electric pitches are along the bottom of the field with open ground for the other tents to pitch above. The pitches are very small, the website said 7x7, but ours was smaller and had lots of holes and dips, which by the end of our stay had filled with water, even though it only rained 2 days in our 10 day stay. The electric tent pitches were crammed in and our guylines crossed with out neighbors. Our tent is not huge 515 x 370 tunnel style tent.

We visited the pool, which was basic, with a couple of slides. They do have changing rooms, but no facility to wash at the pool, only rise the water off when you get out of the pool. That was a shame as any parent will know, its much easier to get them washed straight out of the pool. It was only small, and at opening time (10am) we only just got in, before the queue started as the pool was full.

We had wanted to wash some clothes in the on site laundry, but decided to hand wash essentials as it was 4. 50 for a wash and 2. 50 for a dry. Which seemed a bit steep for me.

We visited the entertainment a few nights. Not really our cup of tea, but our little one enjoyed the lights and music. The bar was quite expensive nearly 4 a pint. Having never played bingo we had a go (6 a book) its a syndicated game with other sites so the prize money is in the thousands.

We tended to use the site as a base to explore and visit other places. We loved the model Village at Godshill, very quaint and not hugely expensive. We spend a fab day at Shanklin beach Pirate attractions, with rides and a super crazy golf (It was quite pricey at 15 for 2 adults and a child for 18 holes) We visited the Needles of course, which is beautiful. I would advise is go early as the traffic starts to back up getting into the car park after 11am. Ventnor seafront is also very pretty, with a great little splash pool for the kids with a cafe next to it.

I don't think we will return to this site due to the toilet blocks, but we will definitely return to the IOW as it was lovely.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Steve 21 2 reviews from this member

Just returned from a 10 night stay at Nodes point staying on 1 of their super pitches. I was in a tent but travelled to the site with 2 other couples who had caravans. We had asked for us all to be together and this they did but of the 3 pitches given only 1 was anything near suitable for a tent as the other 2 had large ruts in them from cars. Even ours was not perfect but a request from us to Brian the site warden did have him running and getting a small truck to fill the ruts with soil. The ground at our pitch was very hard and rock pegs were the only things we and our friends could get into the ground and we just had enough to do this. We used the site as a base for exploring the island and to this end did the job although for a part of our stay road works prevented more direct ways to some places. We only went to the clubhouse on one occasion and as we expected was fair in surroundings and entertainment. The toilet block was kept clean although some people using these do not look after them as well as they could but this happens every where. My main problem with the toilets was with the showers as they have these push buttons that in some cases last a few seconds, very annoying. The main tent field has a great view over the bay but is predominately on a largest slope which would make pitching awkward. Not the best site I have been on but a fair one and in fairness was not to expensive for Our stay. Would we go again maybe but I would probably look for an alternative first

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Cat75 2 reviews from this member

I had read reviews for this site prior to visiting so had a fair idea of what to expect, but also keeping an open mind as more people complain than give compliments. But what we found was awful!

The electric tent pitches were too close together, there's no way of being 20 feet away from your neighbours. There's more space if you can pitch in the caravan section, and also the ground is more level.

But back to the tent field, the pitches were solid mud, the grass had completely died off and disappeared due to tents being pitched on same day straight after last tent leaving.

There was only one fresh water tap, placed on far end of the 'old' bottom of field toilets block. There was a 'pretend' drain under the tap, it looked like a drain with bricks around it but it was not draining and by the end of our holiday it was over flowing with waste water, bits of food etc from people rinsing things into it. There was a drain on the first side of this building so why they didn't put the tap there I don't know!

Toilet facilities at bottom of field did have a problem with sand coming in on peoples feet and then getting wet from showers and spread around the floor. A door mat would probably solve that.

The main toilet block was at the top of the tent field.

There were 2 cleaners for the whole of the site, therefore, since there were 200+ units on site the facilities ran out of soap regularly and the water was rarely warm. Then signs appeared saying there was a stomach bug on site, advising people to wash hands with soap and warm water!

The pool was nice and clean, but we didn't go after we'd heard about the illness.

The restaurant was ok, nothing special so we only ate there once.

The best thing about this site is the location, being right on the beach. The beach is sand/shingle/rock pools, great for crabbing.

Lots of other campers do not realise how sound travels at night, and when they all get back from the entertainment the campsite gets really noisy.

The reception staff are brilliant, they found telephone numbers for local garages and gave directions for numerous places, they were a great help when our car broke down.

I will not be returning to this site, the Isle of Wight has many campsites in great locations for beaches and exploring the island.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Clara m 6 reviews from this member

We were really looking forward to our isle of wight camping experience and it didn't disappoint. The campsite was on a fabulous location, you could see the beach which was literally two mins walk from where we were pitched.

The toilet / shower block was a couple of mins walk away up the hill. It keeps you fit staying at his site ! They were clean and the big bonus were there was a bath to use as well as showers. This was fantastic as having 3 children aged 6, 3 and 2. The two younger ones don't really like showers so it made washing a lot easier for me ! I bathed them 3 times in a 7 night holiday and every time I went the bath was free, I never had to wait. The showers were hot too. The only negative about the blocks was there was no hairdryers [ they had one but it had been not working for some time looking at it ]. There was also no plugs to use your own, luckily I only have shortish hair or I would not have been happy.

The park itself was clean and tidy, staff were very friendly and helpful. The clubhouse was a bit outdated and we never went at night it was too packed out. We went for drives out instead. The pub was ok but we tried to order food there on two different occasions and both times we were told it was a 45 min wait. Strange when the place only had half a dozen people in it !

The pool was ok but only small and no where near enough changing rooms in it. You couldn't even shower once you got out of it, never known this at all. You weren't allowed to use shower gel or shampoo !

We only used the site for a base to explore the island so were not really bothered the site was a bit old fashioned and needed updating. It is a beautiful holiday isle and this site is perfect for exploring it. Cant fault the site location or staff just the facilities not quite up to scratch.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Other
Reviewer: Dawnypops 3 reviews from this member

Pre erected tent

We stayed in pre erected tent for a week 4-11aug there were 2 families in 2 tents.

The tents were dirty, the surroundings by the tent were covered in stinging nettles (not great with 23 month old)- after calling maintenance out to ask for these to be removed a man simply came and thrashed them with a bat! and left them their in the grass. Second tent mattress was wet and maintenance took it away as it was unneeded but no one contacted us to apologise. The no noise policy after 11pm was not adhered to by the 3 families booked in the 3 tents opposite us and both the parents and children were feral to say the least! The portacabin showers were ok the beginning of the holiday but were self clean so by Thursday they were hair clogged. The older showers nearer camping area were awful - the posher showers were nicer and had a bath - however there was no plug!

The kids and hubby enjoyed the entertainment one night however it was overpriced and outdated cabaret fun.

I personally would not stay on this site again in a pre erect tent or as a camper due to the sheer noise of other campers. Nodes Point really do need to patrol and clamp down on the unruliness as this should be the perfect family holiday site.

The beach at St Helens and the views are perfect and we enjoyed a bbq on the beach.

Date of Visit: July 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Fishfriendly 2 reviews from this member

This is our third visit to Node Point in 5 years.

There are good and bad points to this Park Resorts site.

LOCATION.

Top of the good points has to be the location of the site. I feel it is one of the best on the island. Overlookig bembridge harbour and The beach at st. Helens is fantastic and the children love this for the swimming / snorkelling and crabbing.

If you like a beach for body boarding and waves. I am afraid this is not the beach for you!. This beach when the tide is in, has calm clean and clear water. If you are into sea kayaking or fishing. Bingo!. We caught 21 sea bass one evening on our kayak, out near to ST Helens fort.

PITCH.

The site I found was relatively quiet in the evenings. Pitches were of a decent size, Although a little soft this year, due to the inclement weather we all have experienced.

TOILETS.

Toilet block is large and relatively clean, then only down side is a lack of places to hang/place clothes/toiletries while showering. Also people did shower straight from the beach which ment there was quite a lot of sand around at times. Never too busy later in the evenings and always hot.

BAR/ENTERTAINMENT.

We only went up to the club house once, and this was enough!. Dated, drab, dark. The prices were inflated and the place needs a full overhall!.

Enough said. Never went back!nothing has changed in 5 years.

SPLASHPOOL.

Now this has been updated since we were last there in 2010. And I must say it is much better than it was before. Gone is the smell of mouldy wet ceilings and they have made it a much nicer place to have a splash around.

We found eating out to be a costly affair on the island, with portion sizes very small even for the kids.

One place you must go tho, is Baywatch on the Beach (st helens beach)for the thai Mussels and gourmet burger!. To die for.

All in All it is a good site, in a fantastic

Location if you like a beach holiday with the kids. Use the site as a base. And you will not go far wrong. !

Previous     52 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Write a Review of this Site to Win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Is Nodes Point Holiday Park ( Parkdean Resorts ) child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Does Nodes Point Holiday Park ( Parkdean Resorts ) have a swimming pool?  YES, there is a pool on site  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Nodes Point Holiday Park ( Parkdean Resorts )?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is Nodes Point Holiday Park ( Parkdean Resorts ) dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Ryde      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Isle Of Wight

UKCS Meet Camping Exhibition, Wokingham 26/06 to 26/07
Approximately 100 different tents on display, and a range of camping accessories ...more