Tent and Awning Reviews Competitions Caravans and Motorhomes For Sale Shopping Diary Advent Calendar

Reviews of Melrose Gibson Park Caravan And Motorhome Club Site

Campsite Search > UK > Scotland > Borders > Melrose > Melrose Gibson Park Caravan And Motorhome Club Site Reviews

Melrose Gibson Park Caravan And Motorhome Club Site

Open: 01/01/2021 to 31/12/2021
           01/01/2022 to 31/12/2022

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Small Campervans
 No Glamping Units   No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point   Wifi Access
 No Shop   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant or Cafe or Takeaway <5 miles
 Fishing <5 miles   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool <5 miles   No Outdoor Pool
 No Horse Riding   No Cycle Hire   Golf <5 miles   Tennis On Site
 No Beach   No Watersports   Boat Launch / Mooring <5 miles
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  71 in total, now showing 11 to 20                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Kensingtongreen 107 reviews from this member

Very clean, well organised site and so convenient to Co-Op and High Street. £28 pn for 2 with electric. Strongly recommended either as a stop for a week or as a stopover. Best to book as site nearly always full in Summer.

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer:

I have recently stayed at lady Margarets park which is run by the caravan and motor home club. I found this very well laid out with good sized pitches. The setting for this site is very tranquil. The staff very helpful. Excellent for walkers and bike riders especially along the union canal. Before coming to this site I could of been put off by the reviews I read about the toilet and shower block, yes it's not brand new but it's spotless and contrary to what people have written about the block the water pressure is fine and the water is warm. I wouldn't hesitate going back to this site. People who have complained about the shower and toilet at this site need to experience a council run site.

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Kompany 2 reviews from this member

I have recently stayed at lady Margarets park which is run by the caravan and motor home club. I found this very well laid out with good sized pitches. The setting for this site is very tranquil. The staff very helpful. Excellent for walkers and bike riders especially along the union canal. Before coming to this site I could of been put off by the reviews I read about the toilet and shower block, Yes it's not brand new but it's spotless and contrary to what people have written about, the block the water pressure is fine and the water is warm. I wouldn't hesitate going back to this site. People who have complained about the shower and toilet at this site need to experience a council run site.

Date of Visit: March 2017 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Capt Lightning 43 reviews from this member

Very disappointed with both the site and Melrose itself. Normally I don't book more than a few days in advance, but I had booked Melrose a couple of weeks ahead. Even on a wet midweek in March I was amazed that this site should be fully booked.

OK, for a Club site the facilities were very good and the staff were friendly and helpful, but somehow, the site just didn't feel right. It had all the charm of staying in a gravelled car park. One redeeming feature was the abundance of free Wi-fi hotspots!

There is a small, expensive Co-op just outside the site and a few shops in town - if they can be bothered to serve you. All very 'League of Gentlemen'. You could always visit the abbey which used to be free - now you have to stump up £5. 50 per adult.

The reason for this site's popularity eludes me. I wouldn't bother to go back, but doubtless many will sing its praises. I've stayed at many Club sites that I've really enjoyed, but let's just say, Gibson park is not one of them!

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Welshy165 9 reviews from this member

Stayed here for 2 nights (Monday/Tuesday)for walking the borders abbeys way. We never booked and were lucky to get in as there had been a cancellation we were told on arrival. The campsite is 96% full all year round we were informed so probably better to book before travelling. We got a hard standing pitch with space for an awning. Pitch was nice and level and close to toilet block. Campsite is in a perfect location about a 2 minute walk to the co-op and spar shops and about 5 minutes from the abbey. Melrose is very nice and will definitely be coming back for another visit in the future.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Roons 5 reviews from this member

We chose this site for a 4 night stay after reading reviews and because we wanted to visit the town of Melrose.

The site is ideally situated almost in the center of Melrose and therefore is just a few minutes walk to shops, restaurants, pubs etc. (CC Members get 10% discount at The Kings Arms and The Station Hotel and also a Bistro but not sure of name. Kings Arms was nice.

The site is very attractive and well maintained with good sized, hard standing pitches both fully serviced and normal. My only gripe here was that the almost too efficient warden sprayed all the pitches with weedkiller while the pitches were occupied and while my dog lay at our awning door. He was suited and masked for the job which is good but us and fellow campers were not happy that poisonous weedkiller was sprayed whilst pets (and people) were only a few feet away! We appreciate that the job needs doing and it's difficult to do while pitches are occupied but maybe evening would of been a better time when dogs and people are more likely to be indoors.

The toilet and shower block were immaculate as always with Caravan Club and an excellent, undercover dish-washing area with loads of hot water. A good size dog exercise area at top of site. Also a field next to the dog walk with mehhing sheep! Our neighbours didn't like the sheep but we didn't find them noisy at all!

The female warden was friendly and very efficient.

Melrose itself is a lovely town with some nice shops and pubs. We had a chipper one night and despite being enormous wasn't the best we had ever had. We also had a meal in The Ship Inn which was good - good sized portions, good price and friendly staff. Melrose Abbey is definitely worth a visit and if you want supermarkets Galashiels is just 10 minutes drive away.

Apart from the weed-killing near pets gripe, we really can't fault this site or the town. Recommend and would go back!

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Headgardener 36 reviews from this member

We had previously lived in the Borders many years ago and were very much looking forward to a return visit. The morning of our arrival at the site my wife was admitted to the Borders General Hospital with a serious condition and I arrived at the site on my own later in the day. I cannot speak highly enough of the help and support I received from

The lady on reception duty. The site is very busy and within easy walking distance of Melrose Town Centre, the Abbey and river walk. There are plenty cafes, pubs and restaurants in the town and a Co-op and Spar plus many interesting shops.

The facilities on site are excellent, very clean and well looked after.

We hope to return later in the year when my wife has fully recovered.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: TheRibbiteers 7 reviews from this member

Easy to find and received a friendly welcome. This cosy site is just 5 minutes walk into Melrose. Facilities very good and are typical of what you come to expect from Caravan Club sites. Choose your pitch wisely as some are in early shade due to the height of the hedges. During our short stay the warden was very enthusiastic about grass cutting, to be honest the noise of the mower got on our nerves especially at 8 in the morning. Overall a nice site but wouldn't rush back.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Thal 3 reviews from this member

Very clean and tidy site within walking distance of the town centre. Ample buses for exploring. Very clean toilets and helpful wardens. The site was very busy when we were there but not noisy. Ample hard standing pitches with electric hookup and some fully serviced pitches. I would recommend this site.

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Nicola Harris 15 reviews from this member

We have a large Motorhome and 2 young children and we used this as a stopover on our way to Aviemore. My husband is also a keen fisherman and wanted to do some fishing in the river tweed. The site is right on the doorstep of Melrose with a 5 minute walk into town. Pleasant site with a friendly welcome.

Although there isn't a playground on the actual site, there is a public one directly behind the site which the kids loved. Good facilities and good location in a beautiful part of the world. Would use this site again.

Previous     71 Reviews in total, now showing 11 to 20      Next

Is Melrose Gibson Park Caravan And Motorhome Club Site child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Is Melrose Gibson Park Caravan And Motorhome Club Site dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Melrose      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Borders

UKCS Meet Scottish Caravan / Motorhome Show 03/02 to 06/02
Compare and contrast the latest caravans and motorhomes from the country’s leading manufacturers ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2021

UKCampsite.co.uk

24 Daily Prizes worth up to £599 each PLUS a Christmas Day Star Prize worth £1,999

Open Today's Window