Visitor Reviews - Waungadog Farm Caravan & Camping

Campsite Search > UK > Wales > Carmarthenshire > Kidwelly > Waungadog Farm Caravan & Camping Reviews

Waungadog Farm Caravan & Camping
Off A484 Kidwelly By Pass
Kidwelly
Carmarthenshire   (Browse area)
SA17 4PP
Tel: 01554 890244  or  07769 311640

Pitches: 20+
Open: 1st March To 31st October

No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Adults Only   Not Members Only   Rallies Welcome   Not Naturist Site
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   No Wifi Access
 Fishing 5 miles   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding 5 miles   Cycle Hire 5 miles   Golf 1 mile   No Tennis
 Beach 1 mile   Watersports 5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring 5 miles
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  36 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4

Date of Visit: April 2019 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Nights stayed: 5 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Bishopj2 1 review from this member

This was our third visit since the season opened in March. We can't fault it and have booked again for end of May bank holiday. The owners are very friendly and helpful, the site is immaculately kept. It is very close to kidwelly town and a convenient starting point for site seeing.

Lovely place, lovely people.

Date of Visit: April 2018 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Proxewa 7 reviews from this member

We had mixed feelings about this site- as others say the facilities are immaculately clean, if few in number, and it's in a great spot for walking, Kidwelly Castle and other amenities in the town. However. We were slightly taken aback by the owner letting us know almost on arrival that he would remove us if anyone complained about our dog ( which admittedly did bark but only because he was standing right outside the vehicle window)

He also pointed out that the electricity was on a charge card and that we would have to pay extra if we went over. Apparently this has only happened once, in freezing weather so we were fine.

So if you like Absolute Silence and plentiful birdsong this is a great site, I personally felt it was a bit sterile but I guess I'm not used to adults only. Each to his own, but not my cup of tea sadly.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Ginga chin 1 review from this member

Just returned from a 2 week stay and what a wonderful site this is very clean and well kept and the owners are so friendly and made us very welcome. There were a few kids on site but they were very well behaved and only played on the grass allocated to their caravan so no problems there really.

The bridal way was a bit unkept in places but it isn't owned by the site and is council run so out of his control.

All in all its a nice quiet site run but nice people so we will be going back again

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Bellnooks 3 reviews from this member

We have recently returned from a 5-night stay at this site which we opted to visit primarily because it clearly advertises itself (via all means) as being ADULT ONLY. Please be warned Ė this is was not the case! It transpired that there were at least 5 children staying on this site during our stay. On addressing this with the owner, he admitted that the site became an adult only site the previous year. He confessed that he had agreed to allow clients with seasonal pitches to continue to have their children/grandchildren, etc stay with them. We were offered the option of relocating but we were all in agreement that because we were already set up with awning attached, this would not be worth the upheaval. We felt extremely exasperated and disappointed, not to mention misled. We donít dislike children whatsoever; we quite often opt for adult only sites because we look for peace and tranquillity Ė which we rarely have at home. It wasnít even as if the seasonal pitches were all grouped together in one area Ė they were mixed in along with touring pitches, hence there was no escape.

On a separate note, the shower/toilet facilities are good, although would perhaps benefit from additional single toilets at busy times. Itís a luxury to have combined shower and toilet rooms on a midsize site although itís not so great when this is to the siteís detriment because access to one or other facility is reduced.

There is a dog walk (bridle path) of such but this would benefit from signage and the provision of dog waste bins. We were advised to use the normal waste wheelie bins for dog waste (bagged) as there are none on site. There also didnít appear to be any recycling facilities which was disappointing. The pitches are well spaced and EHU is available. There appeared to be only one fresh water collection point and for a site of this size, we would have expected more to have been available.

There is an easy 10/15 minute walk direct from the site along a footpath into Kidwelly which has a decent sized Co-op. All in all however we will not return.

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Piebald pickles 9 reviews from this member

Well, I can honestly say, this is one of the best/most clean/modern sites we have stayed at.

Beautifully kept grounds, and the toilets/showers were just fabulous, first site we have been to that is constantly kept clean, shower spray in the showers, toilet duck equivalent always in the loos, very plush toilet roll. Just brilliant. A massive well done.

Site is near to the bi pass, with some road noise, but it didn't affect us and we are light sleepers.

Great location, just next to one bridle way which takes you to the local co op, easy route on our bikes into Kidwelly, plus ways on foot.

Castle is great, some fab coffee shops, lovely bike ride to the beach ( be wary of the cows!). Great bike route to Pembrey and further afield

A fabulous holiday, only one day of rain, which allowed us to watch some fabulous tennis on the tv!

Huge thank you to the owners, as a lot of money has been invested in this site, a massive well done

O2 phone signal was good, did need satellite to though, as normal to was a little patchy

Adults only site

Had washing facilities, which we would have used, if there had been a drier, only a minor downside.

Overall, fabulous place, thank you

Date of Visit: September 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: HannahsMenagerie 17 reviews from this member

After a somewhat torturous tour of what felt like all the roadworks in South Wales I finally arrived at this peaceful campsite to discover nobody in reception but a sign saying to phone one of two people. I called one of the numbers and spoke to one of the wardens who knew who I was, which pitch I had been allocated, described how to get into the camping field and where to find my pitch and said to go get set up and he would be round to say hello later on. I easily found my way into the reasonably flat camping field (the bumps and slopes are mostly in the centre) and soon located a very generously sized pitch. Pitching the tent had to wait for a while as I was distracted by the panoramic view over Kidwelly down to the coast taking in the church and castle along the way. The view came and went over the next 4 days as the weather alternated wildly between glorious sunshine and torrential downpours.

The warden came round just as I had finished pitching the tent and was debating an exploratory stroll with the dog or a sit down with a cup of tea. As well as a receipt, information leaflets and some local takeaway menus (some will deliver to site!) he also shared some of his vast wealth of knowledge of the local footpaths and shortcuts. I would have found the local co-op a lot quicker had I not got my left and right muddled up, but the dog and I had a very pleasant stroll along the old railway line and through the streets of Kidwelly chatting to the people we met along the way who also added their own suggestions of places to go and footpaths to walk along.

There was a lot of very heavy rain on the Saturday and when I turned in the car was a couple of inches deep in it's own private pond, fortunately the site is very quick draining and all puddles had vanished by Sunday morning. Unfortunately the rain did not wash away the massive slugs that were cruising around the field.

The facilities are modern and kept beautifully clean. I am not sure who put the mirrors up in the ladies but there was a variety of heights to suit just about everyone. The site was very quiet when I visited so I never had to wait for a toilet or shower to be free, at peak times there might be queues form.

The by-pass is very close but there was very little traffic went past after about 8. 30pm or before 7am so very minimal disruption. I could also hear the church clock chime the hour and quarters, for me this was lovely as I usually spend the first couple of nights away waking up because I can't hear the local church bells keeping time.

I had two very small niggles, one was the randomness of the phone signal in the camping field which was probably due to the weather, the harder it rained the less signal/data I seemed to get, not very helpful when trying to contact a friend to arrange a place to meet up. The other one was the lights on the sides of the buildings didn't switch off. They were not bright enough to illuminate the inside of the tent but they were just enough to prevent me getting proper night vision when stood outside after sunset.

Nearby the Pembry Inn on Randell Square in Pembry is dog friendly and does very good food. Kidwelly Castle is also well worth a visit and if you like walking then the stroll down to the Quay and along the coastal path should be on your list of things to do. The Pembry Country Park will cost you £5 in high season to get in but has miles and miles of footpaths, a huge stretch of beach (mostly dog friendly) and plenty of other activities available should you not fancy walking.

Does the site make it to my re-visit list? Yes it certainly does, although at over 280 miles away from home it may be a little while before I next venture down that way.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Highlandgranny 8 reviews from this member

This has to be the best site I have stayed on. The owners are so friendly and helpful, the toilet blocks are newly built and spotlessly clean. The grass is kept short and the grounds are attractive and well maintained. The camping field is grass with hook-ups and the other has hardstandings which is where the seasonal pitches are. No clubs, entertainment etc. Just peace and quiet.

Excellent Co-Op nearby.

Dog walk direct from site but wear your wellies. Other dog friendly walks in Kidwelly by river and canal, picnic tables, hardcore tracks suitable for wheelchairs, the whole area is clean and tidy. Castle looks impressive, not visited yet. Takeaways in town and several nice looking pubs near.

I like the site so much I have taken an annual seasonal pitch, which is excellent value.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Alastairandalice 9 reviews from this member

Pleasant enough site with well spaced out pitches, facilities are clean and modern and a little unusual being individual toilet/sink and toilet /sink /shower cubicles, as been said before I would imagine queues building up here when the site is busy, given the significant investment the owners have obviously made in these facilities its a shame there are not a couple more cubicles available.

No facilities or play area for little ones but Kidwelly is close by with a couple of play parks and shops etc.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Gill1222 8 reviews from this member

What a little gem, everything about our stay was first class. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome and that nothing was too much trouble. The site is immaculately kept, with nice large pitches and lush grass. The toilet and shower block is modern and spotlessly clean. The site owners are up there with the best, offering their local knowledge, and tips on places to enjoy. Very happy with the time we spent there and we hope to return again.

Date of Visit: March 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Susie Q 2 reviews from this member

Great site, very clean. Went early in season so not much open

Not too far to walk in to town

Do not follow sat nav. Sends you to a road in the village

Would use this site again

Walk area for dogs, . If a little muddy

Previous     36 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Carmarthenshire

Win a Buzz Quattro Tilting 4 Bike Carrier Win a Best of British Holiday worth up to £175!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 15th to 18th August, E Yorks
The biggest tribute band music festival in the world! Use promo code ďtribukcampsiteĒ to save 10% on Weekend Camping Tickets! ...more