Tent and Awning Reviews Competitions Caravans and Motorhomes For Sale Shopping Diary Advent Calendar

Reviews of Teds At Hunger Hill

Campsite Search > UK > England > Central > Shropshire > Shifnal > Teds At Hunger Hill Reviews

Teds At Hunger Hill
Tel: 07923 132219  or  07807 798288

Pitches: 5 Vans + Tents
Open: 04/07/2020 to 31/10/2020
           01/03/2021 to 31/10/2021

No Electric Hookups   No Hardstandings   No Fully Serviced Pitches   Show Full Facilities
 Toilet Facilities   Hot Showers   No Washing Up Area   No Bathroom
 Shop On Site   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   No Wifi Access
 Fishing <5 miles   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <5 miles   No Cycle Hire   Golf <1 mile   No Tennis
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  21 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10

Date of Visit: September 2020 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 4 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Jackie Tee 1 review from this member

A lovely peaceful site with beautiful views. Very well kept site with very clean toilet block.

Ted and Carol were lovely too. Grandchildren came to visit and had a whale of a time looking at chickens, piglets, ducks etc.

We were able to choose our own pitch which was great.

Coop 5 min drive away. Indian restaurant nearby delivered to us on site.

Definitely value for money.

We will definitely be going back regularly.

Date of Visit: July 2018 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Demmo 17 reviews from this member

We stayed at Ted's for just one night prior to going to Camperjam at Weston Park- 3 miles up the road. We had told them we would be turning up late as we were leaving after work and travelling down from Cheshire. This wasn't a problem and were told to just pull on the field to the left and camp where we wanted. Lovely site in a great area with brilliant hosts. Toilet facilities were fine spotless in the morning, fresh eggs available, great dog walks and kids games were available if required. We will definitely be returning.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Hightower 7 reviews from this member

Brilliant camp site, very basic but loads of room for my son to run around and play in. A lot bigger than I was expecting, but a real nice atmosphere to the place. Didn't have the pleasure of meeting Ted but was looked after by his helping hand who was a real star - Jim, it was an absolute pleasure meeting you.

The campsite is host to a few farm animals, and lamb feeding time is special, as is having chickens walking around the place totally unfazed by the disruption of campers.

Telford is a very short drive away and worth a look out to - it has all the usual like bowling alley, ice rink, cinema etc, but we were most impressed with the park. If you go, let the kids take their swim stuff too!

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Parsleydillsmum 1 review from this member

Just home from a wonderful weekend at Ted's. We didn't want to come back to the monotony of 9-5 city life. Give us the beautiful peace and quiet we had here in the pristine simple campsite that Ted has created. I hate bells and whistles when I go camping I just want clean toilets a shower water and somewhere I can enjoy a view is a bonus. I got all of this plus lambs calves cheeky chickens and the character that is Ted. Nothing is too much trouble he even came to tell the kids they could help feed the lambs. He was active on site and made you feel very welcome the ground was well maintained and we had access to hookups and water close to our tent. We only came here after being messed about by another local site who failed to tell us they had a huge bike event on we messaged Ted at 10pm weds night and he replied quickly we were there by 11. 30 next morning. All set up. Then we relaxed and we even got to see the amazing meteor shower. Ted made sure there was no trouble and that everyone had a good time. We will be back to this little gem of a campsite. It's small but practically perfect in every way and by no means overpriced.

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Caravanboy1 1 review from this member

Just returned from a peaceful relaxing weekend at Teds really nice site. Toilets were immaculate. Ted himself is a true gentleman, very friendly guy. Had breakfast with the chickens. Overall 10 out of 10. Ted keep up the good work. Highly recommended. Will definitely be returning soon.

Date of Visit: September 2016 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Wombat95 2 reviews from this member

Booked this after reading other peoples comments as wanted something close to Weston Park as attending Midlands Game Fair. Really handly as only a few miles away.

Rang up and booked in, Ted was really nice and friendly on phone and nothing too much trouble.

Arrived on site as Ted was cutting grass, asked me to wait whilst he cut the grass on my pitch so it would be nice to pitch on. Pitched tent, Ted came over as I was on my own asked if I needed any help - did give me help hammering in the poles on my windbreak, thank you. Also offered did I need a brew.

Nice site, toilets were spotless and nice warm shower at no extra cost. Also sold fresh eggs from the farm and sausages.

Could not fault the site, kept clean, toilets showers were cleaned and moped out. Asked if I could leave my tent up until afternoon and come back and take it down later, nothing was too much trouble for the owner.

Asked for recommendation for local pub - went two nights to The Bell at Tong, food excellent.

Would certainly stay here again, lovely area for walking. Site owner Ted was brilliant and worth 20/10 for customer service.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Emma270309 1 review from this member

Just back from a fantastic bank holiday weekend at Teds. Was just luck we ended up here but we will certainly we coming back. The kids loved having the chickens and ducks around the caravan and to be able to collect the eggs in the fenced in sheep/ chicken and duck enclosure. Lovely walks to be had with the dogs. Toilets were clean and showers clean hot and good pressure. A lovely laid back caravan holiday. Certainly recommend you stay here and I can guarantee you too will want to return again

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Skippy 750 3 reviews from this member

Just returned Hungerhill [v. Fest wk. End]

Every one had a brilliant time.

Site was spot on thanks to Ted/George/Sandra who worked hard all weekend to keep the site running smoothly.

Showers were kept clean, toilets all ways had paper!

Every one had a good time, no trouble.

Looking forward to next year book early to avoid disappointment.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: AndyL47 1 review from this member

Upon arrival the site has a small sign (TEDS C&C) & we were wondering if we were at the right place. I later bumped into Ted who was friendly and in no rush to take our money. Its very informal site, just pitch where you like with no hassle.

This is a working farm with chickens, sheep etc wandering about, the kids loved it and it had farmland as far as the eye can see.

The only drawbacks are 20 a night for 2 adults & 2 kids with hook up is a bit expensive as there's no pot wash & the toilets are a bit basic although clean.

Will use again as its close and convenient but there is better value for money out there.

I would also recommend Ted gets a bit more on the ball, I noticed younger groups of people pitching up in the evening and going early next morning, as Ted wasn't about I doubt they paid, he could be losing a small fortune. I myself had to seek him out to pay on both occasions I've stopped there.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Chalky123 1 review from this member

Spent May bank hol here for 3 nights 1st to 4th and a lovely place too, Ted the owner was great from booking to leaving, farm shop on site to get your local meat, pick your fresh eggs. Slight slope, good grassed area. Toilets and showers are clean and hot, 5 mins to local town for all your goodies. The only noise we heard was the locals, , Cows, Birds, chickens and the peacocks, all in all we going back soon, ,

Previous     21 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Write a Review of this Site to Win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Is Teds At Hunger Hill child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Teds At Hunger Hill?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is Teds At Hunger Hill dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Shifnal      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Shropshire

UKCampsite.co.uk

24 Daily Prizes worth up to 160 each PLUS a Christmas Day Star Prize worth up to 865

Get an email reminder on 1st December