Visitor Reviews - Island Lodge

Campsite Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Kingsbridge > Island Lodge Reviews

Island Lodge
Stumpy Post Cross
Kingsbridge
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
TQ7 4BL

Open: All Year

No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 Fishing 1 mile   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool 1 mile   Outdoor Pool 5 miles
 No Horse Riding   Cycle Hire 5 miles   Golf 5 miles   Tennis 1 mile
 Beach 5 miles   Watersports 5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring 1 mile
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  22 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10

Date of Visit: November 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Buddies 2 reviews from this member

Well itís the end of another successful year at island lodge, itís been really great once again. There is now an iron and board in laundry big asset with kids. Pixie took my advice on a small issue in the disabled bathroom and fixed it within days thankyou. The only down side is not being able to take one of my dogs as it is now limited to two per pitch. I am happy that my van is now on permanent pitch and if I want to I can go anytime. Not many sites accommodate that. Looking forward to a great 2019 thanks Pixie

Date of Visit: June 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: James-Kelly 2 reviews from this member

Very well kept site. Quiet but close to Kingsbridge town. Facilities were very clean and easy to use.

The owner, Pixie, was very welcoming to us and to our dog.

There is a small children's play area and a shop with just the essentials you may need. Will definitely return to this site.

Date of Visit: April 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Buddies 2 reviews from this member

This is my third season at island lodge, Kingsbridge, south Devon. Having been on some awful sites in the past this one I would be reluctant to leave. The owner ensures that the entire site is kept in pristine condition. The shower rooms are five star standard especially the disabled facility. I would highly recommend this site as itís location, security, cleanliness and facilities are second to none. Thank you for making my time here such a great experience pixie

Date of Visit: August 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Margaret F 2 reviews from this member

Stay at this site for 2 night.

Pro- The site is small quiet sit with a small children climbing flame within 2 separate fields. Toilet block is good and separate washing up area.

Con- Can't find site entrance as not clearly sign post properly. The owner was rude and unhelpful on arrival. I had trouble with the plug in which it kept cutting out. Reported to the owner next day but nothing was done about it. On departure morning couldn't find no recycle/rubbish bin on site. Owner said we can either go to the nearest Sort it centre ( 3 mile away) or to purchase a bin bag from owner to deposit my rubbish. She also charged us for Wi-Fi which had rubbish reception. On top of that my kids was told many time not to go over the embankment and keep quiet after 9. One evening we decided to go out for a lovely family evening meal found the security pole down. Had to walk 2 fields carrying both kids in the dark to our caravan not fun.

My conclusion to this site is I like the location but the owner and some of the facilities inadequate to my needs.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Nolan Halliday 1 review from this member

The site owner is very friendly helpful and knowledgeable of local area and events and we were made to feel very welcome.

The site is very clean and tidy with useful facilities including a small shop for essential products.

There are many places to go near the site with Kingsbridge being the closest town.

South Hams has lots to offer to make a great holiday destination.

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: KM2017 2 reviews from this member

Fantastic site. We were very impressed with the cleanliness and neatness of this site. Lovely owner who was available every day. Good location. A dog walk on site would have been good but there is a lane close by with few cars. On the whole it was a very good site and we will definitely be visiting again.

Date of Visit: October 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: BCockbill 1 review from this member

Well another successful season at Island Lodge! We have visited many sites especially in Wales and you will not get a better cleaner site than Island Lodge. This caravan site is immaculate, the grounds are well kept and pretty, the owner is very accommodating and approachable. The toilets are cleaned daily, the showers have plenty of hot water and it accommodates able and disabled people. Dog friendly site which is a bonus as we have a dog, the owner is obviously a lover of pets as she is so lovely with our dog Teddy. Yes you do have to walk your dog down the lane which is a quiet road leading on to the main road to kingsbridge town but to be honest it does keep the site clean and safe as children do play on the site so I agree with this rule. A small shop is run from the main reception, this has all your basic needs and is of good quality. The site is in an excellent location as it is easy to access Salcombe, Dartmouth, Totnes etc. The site offers caravan storage for the winter which is wonderful, you pack up your caravan and the owner ensures your caravan is stored correctly and securely, what more could you ask for!? Can't wait until next year!

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: FlatBattery 5 reviews from this member

We booked to stay here for eight days at the end of September. I booked online but there was no facility to pay by credit card, so I had to do a credit transfer from my bank. I did get a free day for paying in full up front though. Still a bit odd in 2015

When we arrived on site, I was quite surprised to find the number of touring pitches was very limited. Most of the site was occupied by closely spaced permanent pitches but very few were occupied.

The touring spaces were a long way from the toilet block, which as other reviewers have said, were excellent and very clean - and for the first time on any campsite, no time limit on the shower. My wife was in heaven, she could at last wash her hair without the water going off every thirty seconds! There were a few of the toilets not in use though, but this was no hardship for us as there were very few other people there

The site advertises itself as dog friendly, but as far as we could see, this meant you could bring your dogs on site, but had to exercise them in the lanes off site, which involved a 20yd walk along a main road to get to the dog walking lane. Not the best for a site advertised as dog friendly.

The local town, Kingsbridge, is a nice little town with plenty of dog friendly pubs, and the site is ideally located for exploring the South Hams.

This is the first site I've been on where you had to pay to dispose of rubbish. Not a great hardship, but surely bins could be provided for waste?

We left early because the weather was too wet, and the rain turned the campsite into sticky, soggy clay (which took several days to clean off everything when we got home). I blame over cutting the grass not giving the grass time to recover. I shan't visit again.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Suemont 1 review from this member

We had a seasonal pitch at this caravan site two years ago, but had to remove our caravan at the end of the season due to ill health. However, whilst we were there, we were very happy with all the facilities the site had to offer - the toilet/shower block was immaculately cleaned daily, the lawns/grounds beautifully kept, and the owner couldn't have been more helpful.

A few weeks ago we returned to see the owner and look over the site again, and we found that the already excellent facilities have been upgraded even more, the addition of the lovely laundry room is a real bonus, and the whole site is first-class.

The site is quiet and well situated for exploring the beautiful South Hams.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Johnsian 1 review from this member

Island lodge is a very well maintained relaxing site close to kingsbridge. There is a shower and toilet block which is kept clean and fresh. On the end of the block is a washing up and laundry room. There is even a fridge freezer for guests to use.

There is a very good play area for the kids with climbing frame slide etc. There is a small shop on the site where you can get milk bread bacon etc. If there is something you need but it is not available Kay will do her utmost to get it or find where you can.

Seasonal produce is available Strawberry's etc.

We bring our dog with us and she gets plenty of walks with little traffic to worry about.

Kay is friendly and welcoming and makes you feel at home, this is our second season at island lodge and we will be having many more.

Previous     22 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Devon (South)

Win a £299 Clarke IG1200B Suitcase Generator! Win an Outwell Electric Barbecue Package worth over £205

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 6 to 7th July, Derbyshire