Reviews of Island Lodge Caravan & Camping Site

Campsite Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Kingsbridge > Island Lodge Caravan & Camping Site Reviews

Island Lodge Caravan & Camping Site
Stumpy Post Cross
Kingsbridge
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
TQ7 4BL

Open: 01/01/2021 to 31/12/2021
           01/01/2022 to 31/12/2022

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Small Campervans
 No Glamping Units   No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point   Wifi Access
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant or Cafe or Takeaway <1 mile
 Fishing <1 mile   Wild Swimming <5 miles   Indoor Pool <1 mile   Outdoor Pool <5 miles
 No Horse Riding   Cycle Hire <5 miles   Golf <5 miles   Tennis <1 mile
 Beach <5 miles   Watersports <5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring <1 mile
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  24 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10

Date of Visit: October 2020 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 5 Travelling as:  Retired couple
Reviewer: LizzyS62 2 reviews from this member

Lovely clean site with good quality hardstandings each fully serviced with water and waste.

There were two gender neutral wetrooms only open due to covid restrictions but these were more than ample.

The owner was very friendly and helpful and showed us how to remove the entrance posts to get the caravan in and out.

It was rather wet and windy while we were there but that's Britain for you. East access off main road even with a wide caravan.

Lovely area for walking, we did a circular walk to Kingsbridge and back in 3 hours, about 6. 5 miles.

The site prices are high for the south hams at £28 in low season.

Thanks for a lovely stay.

Date of Visit: October 2020 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 7 Travelling as:  Retired couple
Reviewer: Midnightflyer 1 review from this member

Whilst the site was very tidy and the toilets clean, although 2 is not enough even at this time of year, and for the price charged despite COVID not providing toilet paper is very mean and charging £3 for a plastic rubbish sack is daylight robbery.

I must also point out that the Posts & Chains across the entrance were a little unnecessary and very difficult to manoeuvre round, although there is a barrier that requires a code to be inputted to enter, why have to enter the code to exit?

I believe that the site should inform customers of all of this and also that the pitches are all sloping which makes the erecting of awnings difficult.

With this in mind We would not return and understand why more Brit's are going continental as we will be after Christmas.

Date of Visit: November 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Buddies 2 reviews from this member

Well itís the end of another successful year at island lodge, itís been really great once again. There is now an iron and board in laundry big asset with kids.

Pixie took my advice on a small issue in the disabled bathroom and fixed it within days thankyou.

The only down side is not being able to take one of my dogs as it is now limited to two per pitch.

I am happy that my van is now on permanent pitch and if I want to I can go anytime. Not many sites accommodate that.

Looking forward to a great 2019 thanks Pixie

Date of Visit: August 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Margaret F 2 reviews from this member

Stay at this site for 2 night.

Pro- The site is small quiet sit with a small children climbing flame within 2 separate fields. Toilet block is good and separate washing up area.

Con- Can't find site entrance as not clearly sign post properly. The owner was rude and unhelpful on arrival. I had trouble with the plug in which it kept cutting out.

Reported to the owner next day but nothing was done about it. On departure morning couldn't find no recycle / rubbish bin on site. Owner said we can either go to the nearest Sort it centre ( 3 mile away) or to purchase a bin bag from owner to deposit my rubbish. She also charged us for Wi-Fi which had rubbish reception.

On top of that my kids was told many time not to go over the embankment and keep quiet after 9. One evening we decided to go out for a lovely family evening meal found the security pole down. Had to walk 2 fields carrying both kids in the dark to our caravan not fun.

My conclusion to this site is I like the location but the owner and some of the facilities inadequate to my needs.

Date of Visit: June 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: James-Kelly 2 reviews from this member

Very well kept site. Quiet but close to Kingsbridge town. Facilities were very clean and easy to use.

The owner, Pixie, was very welcoming to us and to our dog.

There is a small children's play area and a shop with just the essentials you may need. Will definitely return to this site.

Date of Visit: April 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Buddies 2 reviews from this member

This is my third season at island lodge, Kingsbridge, south Devon.

Having been on some awful sites in the past this one I would be reluctant to leave. The owner ensures that the entire site is kept in pristine condition.

The shower rooms are five star standard especially the disabled facility.

I would highly recommend this site as itís location, security, cleanliness and facilities are second to none.

Thank you for making my time here such a great experience pixie

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Nolan Halliday 1 review from this member

The site owner is very friendly helpful and knowledgeable of local area and events and we were made to feel very welcome.

The site is very clean and tidy with useful facilities including a small shop for essential products.

There are many places to go near the site with Kingsbridge being the closest town.

South Hams has lots to offer to make a great holiday destination.

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: KM2017 2 reviews from this member

Fantastic site. We were very impressed with the cleanliness and neatness of this site.

Lovely owner who was available every day. Good location.

A dog walk on site would have been good but there is a lane close by with few cars.

On the whole it was a very good site and we will definitely be visiting again.

Date of Visit: October 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: BCockbill 1 review from this member

Well another successful season at Island Lodge! We have visited many sites especially in Wales and you will not get a better cleaner site than Island Lodge.

This caravan site is immaculate, the grounds are well kept and pretty, the owner is very accommodating and approachable. The toilets are cleaned daily, the showers have plenty of hot water and it accommodates able and disabled people.

Dog friendly site which is a bonus as we have a dog, the owner is obviously a lover of pets as she is so lovely with our dog Teddy.

Yes you do have to walk your dog down the lane which is a quiet road leading on to the main road to kingsbridge town but to be honest it does keep the site clean and safe as children do play on the site so I agree with this rule.

A small shop is run from the main reception, this has all your basic needs and is of good quality.

The site is in an excellent location as it is easy to access Salcombe, Dartmouth, Totnes etc. The site offers caravan storage for the winter which is wonderful, you pack up your caravan and the owner ensures your caravan is stored correctly and securely, what more could you ask for!?

Can't wait until next year!

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: FlatBattery 5 reviews from this member

We booked to stay here for eight days at the end of September. I booked online but there was no facility to pay by credit card, so I had to do a credit transfer from my bank. I did get a free day for paying in full up front though. Still a bit odd in 2015

When we arrived on site, I was quite surprised to find the number of touring pitches was very limited. Most of the site was occupied by closely spaced permanent pitches but very few were occupied.

The touring spaces were a long way from the toilet block, which as other reviewers have said, were excellent and very clean - and for the first time on any campsite, no time limit on the shower. My wife was in heaven, she could at last wash her hair without the water going off every thirty seconds! There were a few of the toilets not in use though, but this was no hardship for us as there were very few other people there

The site advertises itself as dog friendly, but as far as we could see, this meant you could bring your dogs on site, but had to exercise them in the lanes off site, which involved a 20yd walk along a main road to get to the dog walking lane. Not the best for a site advertised as dog friendly.

The local town, Kingsbridge, is a nice little town with plenty of dog friendly pubs, and the site is ideally located for exploring the South Hams.

This is the first site I've been on where you had to pay to dispose of rubbish. Not a great hardship, but surely bins could be provided for waste?

We left early because the weather was too wet, and the rain turned the campsite into sticky, soggy clay (which took several days to clean off everything when we got home). I blame over cutting the grass not giving the grass time to recover. I shan't visit again.

Previous     24 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Is Island Lodge Caravan & Camping Site child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Island Lodge Caravan & Camping Site?  There is a shop within 1 mile  View all facilities

Is Island Lodge Caravan & Camping Site dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Kingsbridge      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Devon (South)

UKCS Meet Paws in the Park, West Sussex 09/10 to 10/10
UK's largest outside dog show for working, trained and pet dogs held at the Ardingly Showground. Weekend camping available on site ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2021