Reviews of Seton Sands Holiday Village ( Haven Holidays)

Campsite Search > UK > Scotland > Lothian > Longniddry > Seton Sands Holiday Village ( Haven Holidays) Reviews

Seton Sands Holiday Village ( Haven Holidays)
Seton Sands
Longniddry
Lothian   (Browse area)
EH32 0QF

No Tents   No Caravans   No Motorhomes   No Glamping Units
 Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 No Electric Hookups   No Hardstandings   No Fully Serviced Pitches   Show Full Facilities
 No Toilets   No Showers   No Washing Up Area   No Bathroom
 No Baby Changing   No Laundry   No Drinking Water   Disabled Friendly
 No Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant On Site   No Wifi Access
 Kids Playground   No TV Room   Games Room   Evening Entertainment
 No Fishing   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool On Site   No Outdoor Pool
 Beach On Site   No Watersports   No Boat Launch
 Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Not Open All Year
 Coastside Pitches   Public Transport   No Dog Walk

Reviews:  34 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4

Our site is open and we are taking bookings , please be assured you can book with confidence. We don't have toilets. We don't have showers. Other communal areas may be restricted - please check with us for more information

To enquire about a booking or for more information please contact us

Date of Visit: July 2019 Unit:  Static
Nights stayed: 4 Travelling as:  Family with young children
Reviewer: Pigsnhuds 1 review from this member

Arrived on Monday 29/7/19 having booked directly with Haven (I paid about 150 more to book direct for peace of mind). At reception on arrival I was asked if I had stayed at the park before, I replied that I had not, I was then handed a key and a map of how to get to the caravan and sent on my way. I was given no information on activities, facilities or things to do in the area, hardly a warm welcome in my opinion.

When we arrived at our caravan and opened the door, I was nearly blown off the stairs from the smell of dog urine in the caravan, it was disgusting, the caravan had not been cleaned at all, you could barely see out the windows they were that dirty.

So back to reception and they brought out a manageress, she stated "you are in luck, we have another deluxe caravan available", it was put across as she was doing me a massive favour by giving us another caravan. When we arrived at the 2nd van it wasn't ready, we were told by the "cleaners" to disappear for half an hour and it would be ready on our return, when we arrived back the 2nd caravan was ready, unfortunately this one stank of dog urine also (not as bad as the 1st one) and the seating area in the living room was covered in stains and not all the beds had linen, when I brough this up with the "cleaners" I was told that it was peak season and they didn't have enough to go round as they were really busy.

I just gave up at this point and decided to go and get some air freshener from the local co-op and try and put up with it, unfortunately the smell just kept coming back, the caravan needed a good clean, simple as that.

We did actually enjoy the holiday but this was nothing to do with Haven, we spent most of our time away from the park, the only good thing I could say about it was my 5 year old took part in some of the activities and the staff were really good.

I should also make mention of the pool area, well the changing rooms to be precise. They have a policy where you either take your shoes and socks off, or wear overshoes on entering the area, unfortunately some people ignored this and were walking around in outdoor shoes while the other people who abided by the rules had to walk barefoot through mud (well I hope it was mud !). There was staff in the changing rooms and they just left everyone to it.

All in all I feel a bit ripped off after paying over 600 for a "deluxe" caravan for 4 nights, I did take the time to make my thoughts known to Haven by filling in their questionnaire on my return home but unfortunately they did not see fit to take the time to reply to me which was disappointing but not at all surprising.

If you are set on going to this park I would personally book direct with an owner, this is my first time in dealing with Haven and will almost certainly be my last.

Date of Visit: October 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Debbie65 28 reviews from this member

Visited Seton Sands in our tourer second week in October. Booked 7 nights and as usual with Haven at this time of year got a fantastic deal on a euro pitch (fully serviced with additional tv ariel point). Site is easy to find and well signposted. Lovely clean and tidy site overall, very typical of Haven which in my experience has been well kept, maintained and in many cases upgraded overall.

The touring area of the park is relatively new, all pitches are very level, spacious euro pitches, hardstanding for your caravan, gravel area for your awning, with many also having a generous grassy area at the side which would be sufficient to comfortably sit out On a sunny day.

Toilets and showers clean water pressure is excellent, shower cubicles are adequate if a wee bit on the small side. My only complaint was the temperature of the water in the shower was just a bit too hot for me.

Wardens lovely and friendly, you are offered help to site your van if required and they always had a cheery wave for you when out and about.

Small, children's play area at the touring site, much bigger one about a 3 min walk away.

Absolutely fantastic locations for dog owners, a great grassy walk for dogs (where they can be let off their leads) is immediately adjacent to the touring area, providing a good 50-60 minute walk opportunity. 10 minutes walk away is the lovely beach with great views and an alternative options for doggie walks or just enjoying the view.

The Boatie Blest is a typical Haven bar, food is a notch up from a Wetherspoons I'd say, staff friendly, service quick. Free wifi in the bar. Teenage son used the pool daily, played pool, enjoyed frittering away his money on the puggies, we didn't use the entertainment in the show bar so can't comment on that at all.

All in all one of our favourite Haven sites and we have already booked to go back next summer, so that must tell you something.

If you decide to go to North Berwick for the day, would recommend The Ship Inn both for food and doggie friendliness.

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Pamelab21 4 reviews from this member

Just spent the September weekend (Glasgow local holiday) here for 3 nights and would not go back again when busy.

Kids were allowed to run across pitches, kick leather footballs and believe it or not play Frisbee (with other adults!) Normal 5mph rule not stuck to at all, watch the kids!) When mentioned to warden about balls and Frisbees on departure he already knew so why was nothing done??

Toilets are basically portakabins clad with wood to make them more attractive looking but clean and functional, used the family shower area following pool visits.

Entertainment a little lacking but it is a smaller park that the other Haven parks we have been to before.

Touring vans are the furthest away from the main entrance and entertainment, long walk but no noise!

Swimming pool could do with an overhaul, at busy times hard to find a changing room and don't use the lockers as you walk in as they keep your money, walk up the poolside past the changing room to find more lockers that refund your money (when visiting at least once a day with kids, it adds up!)No one seems to keep the changing room floor clean, dirty nappies stacked up in changing areas as no bins and freezing cold showers.

Very expensive Spar shop to stock up or Co op a long walk outside of park, turn left at exit.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Val0712 33 reviews from this member

Just returned from five sun drenched days and nights at this wonderful site, we paid 15 per night but spoke to a chap who is a member of the Motorcaravan club and he only paid 6 per night!. 1st these are brand new (opened may 2015) touring pitches and we are so glad haven have replicated many of there other site and blessed Seton sands with the euro electric pitches. These provide a hardstanding for caravan or motorhome a gravel area for awning and a monoblock area for your car, own water and and drainage and tv point. 2nd Stevie and Fiona are suited right down to the ground for the job of site wardens, they pounced on you on arrival and nothing was too much trouble.

The new touring area is right at the rear of the site which provides a great divide between the main complex but is still only a brisk 5 minute walk away.

The new toilet/shower block on first impressions looks like a eco friendly style type building but are only portacabins clad in wood panelling which are fantastic but long term don't know how well they will stand the test?

As for the site itself the Boatie blest restaurant has had a complete make over and is very modern and has a great feel about it. Food is great service was good and prices reasonable.

There is a small amusement arcade and soft play area for small kids.

The swimming pool was serviceable but could be next on the park list for a makeover.

The showbar and entertainment does exactly what it says on the tin its a Haven site after all and primarily geared up for kids.

We never explored the local area as it was just our second time away with our 7 month old son and cause we had such superb weather just decided to spend our time and money on site.

Well done haven! we will return 5*

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Alanakerr 8 reviews from this member

The touring section is brand new and set apart from the rest of the park in a quiet location. If you go off season and avoid bank holiday weekends it is really cheap. We went a friday - sunday school week, It was only an extra 5 for an extra night which we did and left sunday evening for school next day.

KIDS - There are lots to do here for kids, great pool (free), small soft play (free) and lots of other activities you can pay for. My kids loved it. The touring section was getting a playpark built when we were there and it is great for their bikes and scooters.

DOGS - There is a great dog walking place next to the touring section and of course the beach which you can walk to or take the car.

SHOWERS/TOILETS - These are not too bad, not the best but ok.

FOOD - The restaurant is good and fairly priced. There is also a supermarket on sight.

I would recommend this park and we will be returning. Beware if you have an awning as its quite windy so make sure you have plenty of pegs!

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Iain.morrison3 15 reviews from this member

Good points

Site is in a nice location, cheap deals available.

Touring warden was nice and helpful, very pleasant and done a litter pick throughout the day.

Bad points

Childrens entertainment is poor.

Toilet, showers and dish wash area need knocked down and rebuilt.

Touring field needs levelled and would be much better if it had hard standings for caravans.

Toilets were old and past it, they were cleaned but because of the age of they never looked it.

Complex could do with a good clean, but what haven doesn't!

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Weegill 2 reviews from this member

What a lovely friendly site. Stayed off peak for 3 nights with my 2 dogs for 23 inc electric hook up

30 second walk to the toilet block and showers -these facilities were clean and never closed. Had an odd wiff but I think that's because of a beach location

15 second walk to limited shop -expect higher prices.

14 second walk to chippy super clean and modern - I think about 6. 40 for fish and chips.

16 second walk to launderette - didn't use.

7 second walk to drinking water.

9 second walk to eurobins

Receptionists were overworked and spoke with a well rehearsed speal. Site workers would not pass anyone without greeting me and smiling.

Beside a beach but that was not very pretty compared to what I am used to but let the dogs burn off energy at 5am!

More or less 20-30 minutes car travel to anywhere in Edinburgh due to location. Bus stop at site entrance.

Co-op and lidl 3-4 minute drive in car

Pitches are a bit sandy so would recommend proper pegs.

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: GollumsGirl 2 reviews from this member

Visited this site on the first Bank Holiday of May, and I must say it has restored my faith in Haven. After booking in at reception, I was told that the touring co-ordinator would meet us on the field and show us our pitch. What a friendly bloke! Having a large family tent, I was expecting grumbles, but got quite the opposite. He said he had seen we were coming with a big tent so had reserved us a large pitch, and given that it was a Bank holiday, the pitch was huge, far bigger than we needed, which was a real luxury.

It was very windy when we pitched, but I cant blame Haven for that! The amount of windsurfers and kite surfers on the beach should have given it away! It was so bad our tent got damaged, and the touring guy even came back, and offered his help. Throughout our stay all of the staff were very friendly and helpful.

We occasionally use Haven sites as a treat for our kids. And although smaller than others we've used, Seton Sands had everything they wanted. The pool was clean and well maintained, it had a small amusement area, a shop and take away on site, happy teenagers. And directly opposite the site was a beach, not the nicest Scotland has to offer, but ideal for walks with our dogs.

It's only a short drive into Edinburgh, Musselburgh and some lovely little villages. With an abundance of golf courses nearby.

In short, we all had a lovely time, were well impressed with the site, and will definitely be returning one day.

Date of Visit: October 2012 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: C23dsa 1 review from this member

All pitches handy for the site facilities. The whole site is on the inland side of coast road. Take-away fast-food/chippy includes eat-in which can be useful. Onsite shop prices were not unexpectedly high. Public bus into Edinburgh has its terminus at the site and you can often get on the (waiting) bus rather than waiting outside at the bus stop. We quite enjoyed this site and will probably use it when going to this area/Edinburgh again. We were pleasantly surprised to enjoy Edinburgh so much (when not trying to drive through it).

Date of Visit: October 2011 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Derek77 4 reviews from this member

Just back from 3 nights in Seton Sands.

A good quality site in which the touring site is overseen by Malcolm who seemed to be around all the time and able to help everyone. Our pitch was at the laundrette end of the touring ground which was lucky as the middle section got completely flooded. Malcolm did move those affected as soon as he could. The toilet block etc, was basic and clean enough. The floor was always muddy but what could you expect with people in and out with wellies on. It was cleaned regularly throughout the day. The kids loved the site and kids club and we'll definitely be returning there. We never left the site but local area looked good and plenty of choice in shopping. We had most of our food etc with us, but on site shop was well stocked with usual 'campsite' prices!

Although no curfew was imposed the site was very quiet at night, with most people enjoying FAMILY holidays!

Previous     34 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Write a Review of this Site to Win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Is Seton Sands Holiday Village ( Haven Holidays) child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Does Seton Sands Holiday Village ( Haven Holidays) have a swimming pool?  YES, there is a pool on site  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Seton Sands Holiday Village ( Haven Holidays)?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is Seton Sands Holiday Village ( Haven Holidays) dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Longniddry      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Lothian

UKCS Meet Camping Exhibition, Wokingham 26/06 to 26/07
Approximately 100 different tents on display, and a range of camping accessories ...more