Visitor Reviews - Two Acres Caravan & Camping

Campsite Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Cambridgeshire > Cambridge > Two Acres Caravan & Camping Reviews

Two Acres Caravan & Camping
Ely Road
Little Thetford
Ely
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire   (Browse area)
CB6 3HH

Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   No Restaurant   No Wifi Access
 No Fishing   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Horse Riding   No Cycle Hire   Golf 1 mile   No Tennis
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   No Dog Walk

Reviews:  24 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10

Date of Visit: August 2019 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Nights stayed: 1 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Bradwellcanary 1 review from this member

I have been on many poor sites in my time, as most people have I guess.

But this is on another level.

Just left there today, we needed a overnight stop to visit Ely.

It states on here that it has 36 touring sites, not any more the site is virtually taken up by second rate static vans.

The menís toilets smelt so bad just did one visit.

The site is so unkempt.

The travelling community probably would refuse to stay.

My personal advice would be donít even consider this site. Those posts who state it is good can only have been posted by the owner or his family.

At £20 a night is a complete rip off!

Should not even be on this web site.

Date of Visit: June 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Sozzleduk 3 reviews from this member

I rarely leave bad reviews, but sometimes it has to be done. My husband and I stayed on this site for one night only. On arrival we were met by a woman at the gate who seemed pleasant and friendly. She pointed us in the direction of a man on a lawnmower.

His reply to our request for a camping place was 'You will have to go on the field and I was just going to mow it'. The field is actually the whole site - as the name suggests it is a very small site. It is pretty much a piece of wasteland, directly off the A10.

It is full of old caravans, some static, some tourers. They are very close together, a lot of them unoccupied, particularly the tourers. There are numerous piles of scrap white goods and furnishings.

The man said it would be £23 for the night. We suggested this was too much, especially as we only had a small hike tent. He reluctantly reduced it to £20, saying how much did you think you would get it for? (We are seasoned campers, and know what it should cost). He took our money and put it in his pocket.

That was the last we saw of him. No booking in, no paperwork of any sort. The toilets were very grubby and unkempt. In the washing up area the was a sign, scrawled in felt pen on a piece of paper, with the instruction to 'stop putting food down the sink'. Another sign told us that trying to get extra time out of the washing machine would 'screw the next cycle up'.

There were no pleasant welcoming notices, no 'please' or 'thank you' anywhere. The static vans appear to be mostly occupied by long term residents. There is no feel of a campsite at all. I think there were just two other units occupied by there for a break.

One last thing - the shower. I was going to keep my flip flops on and brave the grubby shower, but after running it for several minutes it was still icy cold. I gave up and decided I would have to smell until we got home. Will definitely not be returning, or recommending this site to friends!

Date of Visit: September 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Rocknrollbabe 3 reviews from this member

The site was very easy to find although we did go the 'long way round' via Cambridge instead of Huntingdon.

Mr Jefford and his family was helpfulness itself, nothing was too much trouble. Our motor movers locked on when we reached the site

And we sat there for about 20 minutes whilst they re-set themselves. The site was a mix of permanent, rental units and tourers and it was so quiet. The facilities had only one fault and that was the automatic lighting system.

It went out after a very short time leaving one in darkness! We were only here for a short weekend but I think we would probably book again. The surrounding villages had plenty of walking but the shops were in Haddenham about 5 miles away.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Homefarmlady 1 review from this member

We were looking for a site that took both Children and dogs and have been pleasantly surprised. The facilities are good, 3 toilets and a shower in the ladies and similar in the gents. Cleaned daily. Washing machine, dryer and fridge freezer which are very handy if you are in a tent.

The site is quiet even though there are a lot of long term residents. They are all clean and tidy and respectful of other people staying on the site.

The site manager and owner are very friendly and only too happy to help.

There is noise from the busy road but you soon get used to it and the bird song in the mornings and all day really is lovely to hear.

A brilliant site and well worth a visit if you are staying in the area. As other reviews have said a perfect location for Cambridge and Ely.

Date of Visit: November 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Severina12 2 reviews from this member

After checking the reviews we decided to stay here for a weekend as it gave us easy access to Ely.

On arriving we were greated by the site owner. We were shown to the last pitch available. We thought this was odd at the time of year. The site seemed to be full or pemanent residents.

The pitch we were given was not gravelled and churned up. There was building works at the site and works debris ( paint tins, plastic pipes, hardcore) all around our pitch. It did not look promising but we thought we would grin and bear it.

Within an hour of arriving, deliveries of hardcore were arriving and been deposited next to our pitch. The site owner never mentioned there was any works going on when we booked.

At first glance the toilet block looked tired, but once you came to use it, you noticed how dirty it was. There is one shower and two toilets on each side of the block. Both toilets on the ladies side were very dirty, one had a leak and was flooding. One door did not lock, The heater, which was not on, looked very rusty and dangerous at child height. The shower was also dirty. There was hair on the walls when we arrived that never got cleaned off the time we were there.

Once it started raining our pitch turned into a mud bath, with the lack of gravel. It made gong to and from our campervan a chore as we had to clean the clumps of clay soil off shoes each time.

On the plus side the site is right next to a bus stop that will take you into Ely or Cambridge. Unfortunately that was the only good thing about our visit.

We packed up and left early. At £18 per night for the state it is in, it is not good value and not a pleasant place to be.

It seems the site has taken a turn for the very worst, since previous reviews. We won't be returning.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Nursenurse 4 reviews from this member

Just got back from ely after visiting my brother and his wife. This is my second time staying at two acres. What can I say its a small private friendly sight. The site manager and his girl friend are so helpful and friendly. On arrival the site manager helped un hook and position the van. Yhe site is very secure, an electric gate which uses a key code. The toilet block is spotless and heated. And is cleaned 2-3 times aday. There area few contractors staying there but they are so quiet and respectful not a problem. In fact this site there is no noise from people staying there. Not like some of the big camp sites around the country. The site is well maintained grass cuy. Rubbish emptied daily. In all I can only speak highly of the site and the site manager. Will deffo use the site again, stayed twice here and its a real hidden gem. Briĺliant for ely site seeing and cambridge as well as the river

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Melmel74 28 reviews from this member

I just returned from a 2 night stay over the early May Bank Holiday weekend. I have to say - if 'don't judge a book by it's cover' was ever true it has to be said about this site!

My first impression was that it would be really noisy and a bit run down. How wrong could I have been. I guess it depends what you want from a camp site - we wanted a reasonably priced base from which to explore Ely and Cambridge over the Ely festival weekend.

For £20 a night for a family of four inc electric this was perfect for us. There are a lot of caravans on the site but we hardly saw anybody. There was another tent and a caravan next to us and the site didn't seem busy at all.

There were 2 toilets (I think) and 1 shower in the ladies which were spotlessly clean. I think the same goes for the men's. There were outdooor (cold water) pot washing facilities but hot water inside along with a washing machine and fridge/freezer (we didn't use these).

It's close to the A10 but I was very surprised how quiet it seemed. We spent a previous trip in the Suffolk countryside which appeared idyllic but had a lot of road noise!

We will probably go here again as it's so close to Ely and Cambridge, both of which are lovely to visit.

There is a swing and slide set which my boys made use of.

I wouldn't say it's the sort of site where you'd want to spend a whole weekend lounging about, having a bbq and admiring the view but it's certainly a practical, well kept and value for money site.

Date of Visit: February 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Nursenurse 4 reviews from this member

Went to ely to visit my brother who lives there as a surprise. Booked 3 nights on this site. Got there Sunday afternoon and was greeted by the site manager who lives on site bob he's called. A great friendly guy most helpful I am not that proficient at reversing a 19 foot caravan but bob and another chap from another caravan soon had my van pushed into position. It's a small site quiet, toilets are spotless and warm. Decided to stay an extra day and they accommodated us no problem at all, very helpful, the site does have guys who live there as they must be contractors but this is no problem at all, there was no noise or anything, in actual fact it was quieter than a campsite I stayed in recently in scarborough at Easter. It is also very secure an electric gate with pass code number. I'm going back to ely next week and I will be staying there again. Nothing was to much trouble and it was very popular with other campers also

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Greenroyd 4 reviews from this member

Stayed for 1 night.

You can cycle along the side of the A10 into Ely (about 2 miles)

Traffic starts up quite early on the A10 in the morning so will probably wake you up.

Two or three other tourers staying on the site, but quite a few obviously working in the area, who all left for work at 7:30 in the morning.

Facilities etc all OK

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Delabane 6 reviews from this member

Travelled up from Bristol and stayed at Two Acres in the second May Bank Holiday for 5 nights. We used our Outwell Montana 6P which worked out £20 per night. We arrived at 00:30 in the morning so a big thanks for the Manager for staying up.

Site is clean and well maintained and is in a good location to explore Ely and Cambridgeshire. There are several hookups and facilities for washing up and doing laundry. There is a slide and swings for children, which our son made use of.

We normally stay at working farms so a Holiday Camping Park was a bit different for us (not sure I'd do it again to be honest). What green these is, does feel as though you are surrounded by static caravans, which is the sites main 'bread and butter'.

This was not so much an issue on this camping trip, as we were only using the site as a 'base' to explore Cambridgeshire. If however we had spent more time in the tent, I would have preferred something larger and more scenic.

The noise from the road is constant but you get used to it and ignore it. If you are here to meet with friends or explorer the area then this site would be fine for most people.

Would I stay again? Probably not - this is no reflection of the site but we don't tend to stay on a campsite more then once. As I like to experience something new with each camping trip.

Previous     24 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other Sites Near Cambridge      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Cambridgeshire

Win Kids Camping Essentials worth £100! Win a BUZZ RACK Buzzpro Towball Platform

UKCS Meet Shackerstone Family Festival 31/08 to 01/09, Leicestershire
Includes arena entertainment, vintage cars, canal boats, planes, railways and much more! EXCLUSIVE Discounted weekend camping tickets ...more