Reviews of Sheriff Hutton Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Campsite Search > UK > England > North East > North Yorkshire > York > Sheriff Hutton Camping And Caravanning Club Site Reviews

Sheriff Hutton Camping And Caravanning Club Site
Bracken Hill
Sheriff Hutton
York
North Yorkshire   (Browse area)
YO60 6QG

Open: 01/04 to 02/11

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Glamping Units
 No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 No Shop   No Bar   No Restaurant   Wifi Access
 No Fishing   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  71 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8

We regret that our site is currently closed until 01/04/2021 because of the advice and implications surrounding the outbreak of Coronavirus.

To enquire about a booking after 01/04/2021 or for more information please contact us

Date of Visit: September 2019 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 8 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: MorticiaAddams 1 review from this member

This is the 3rd time we’ve been to this campsite and we’ll be going back again,

It’s a lovely site the owners can’t do enough for you, any problems you may have they will definitely help sort,

It’s a quiet site even when it’s full there is no noise problem, the site closes at 11 so there’s no danger of any late night noise

There is a small area for children to play with a playhouse,

There is a small shop, on site with the basics on sale,

There is a mobile fish & chip van that comes around about 8. 30 pm, we found that this was too late for us, but there is a very good fish shop in nearby strensall which is reasonably inexpensive,

Strensall has the usual amenities including a boots and a pub that does meals, There is a shopping centre at monks cross which is about 10/15 minutes away that had a range of shops, a 24 hr Asda and a Sainsbury’s, boots and various others.

All in all sheriff Hutton is a very relaxing holiday

If you fancy a day out there a plenty of attractions at York and If you just want to chill it’s nice and quiet,

We stayed there for 8 nights and I’d recommend this site, it it very reasonably priced

Date of Visit: August 2019 Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  Family with young children
Reviewer: SUMMEROF63 10 reviews from this member

Friendly site, with good facilities, childs play area centre of park, was always busy,

Not much of a local bus service, however only a short trip to yorks park and ride scheme,

Local pub (about 20min walk ) cracking beer garden and lots going off over the bank holiday !

2nd visit to this campsite no hassle at all, and can vouch for the local pizza take away not far from the site, good value and good food

Date of Visit: July 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: MalcolmR 35 reviews from this member

On Arrival a Very friendly and warm welcome, shown a selection of pitches. The site was a lovely size some 80 units and very well laid out.

It was very quiet and peaceful except for a couple of days with the constant thump drone from a neighbours music box (it was turned down)

The site pitch was lovely had a tree nearby for some shade, easy to peg out the awning in to the grass. Facilities were spotless and kept very clean indeed, and the very helpful manageress and team.

TV reception was ok, But the site WIFI internet service was awful I had to stand next to the site office to get the site wifi signal which was not comfortable as we paid for a full year of WIFI. Hopefully this will improve.

It is a good location for the area but local shops bus service not so good. We shall certainly return and recommend to others.

Its nice and quiet and restful.

Date of Visit: September 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Suke20 3 reviews from this member

Well what can I say about this lovely site. The wardens were really approachable and very happy to help.

Toilets were really clean and warm, showers were lovely too.

Only down side was the size of the dog walk very small so we walked our dog off site, but wasn't a problem.

Thanks for a great 4 days.

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Other
Nights stayed: 14 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Junior pullman 4 reviews from this member

This was our second visit to Sheriff Hutton. We have enjoyed both our visits. The site is clean and well maintained. We were there for three weeks and not once were the facilities anything other than clean.

The pressure is good and the water always hot. The site managers and assistants are all very friendly. There are both grass and hard standing pitches, with and without hook up. We booked hard standing with electric and were given a choice of pitches.

There was a lot of rain on this visit, but even though the grass and a few of the hard standings got water logged, the ground drained well once the rain had ceased. There are many places to visit near and far.

The site has a small play area, looks like a wooden fort, which was always popular with children when the weather allowed, bikes and scooters are also permitted if care is taken. It's near the road but traffic noise is only obvious early mornings.

I can't think of any negatives for this site. There are just two of us, but it is a site for all. Totally recommend.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Cpaalp 6 reviews from this member

We booked the day before & got the last 2 electric pitches and they managed to get us both side by side.

The site is immaculate, roomy pitches and the facilities spot on. Even though the site was virtually booked up there was hardly anyone using the showers/toilets at any time so never had to queue and they were always clean.

About a mile from the village and it is in the countryside so very quiet and peaceful. We were there for the triathlon at Castle Howard and they very kindly allowed us our pitch until 2pm so we didn't have to pack up early.

Recommend the pizza delivery service! Would definitely stay here again.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: AdenG1 10 reviews from this member

Only caravanning since the beginning of the year and last weekend was my second visit to Sheriff Hutton. Like it so much that I have booked to go back next weekend.

The site is excellent - a large flat field sheltered by hedges around the perimeter with well spaced hardstanding. You need rock pegs if you are putting up an awning on the hardstanding as both the van and the awning need to fit on the hardstanding and its made up of crushed rocks.

The staff are all really friendly and take a real pride in the site - no rubbish, all amenities clean and grass well cared for.

Proximity to York is a major plus - a short drive down the road is the Monks Cross shopping centre with many shops and restaurants. This is also one of the park and ride locations for York so you can jump on a bus.

Plenty to see within a short distance - I travelled up to Nunnington Hall, which is closer to the Slingsby site but is still only about 10 miles away and had a very relaxing visit.

Cant wait to visit again - best bit is that's later this week!

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: Winky9557 6 reviews from this member

This is a great site not far from York. The wardens are very helpful and are always pleasant when you talk to them.

The site is enclosed with high hedges and trees, this helps to calm any strong winds. All the pitches are well maintained, whether hard standing or grass.

The toilets are clean and warm, and the showers are warm and powerful.

If coming back to yorkshire anytime this would be first campsite we would try and book.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Freyja 56 reviews from this member

Our first time on this site. Arrived on Sunday 7th and it was a lovely day. Next day it poured from early morning till 3. 30pm. So we stayed another night. Lovely clean tidy site. £15. 50 per night for 2 adults and a dog.

I think they charge for awning but I don't use one so don't know the price. I phoned before hand and the lady on the phone said just turn up. Very busy but still few pitches. Hardstanding pitches. Plenty room. You are located a pitch and told to put your jockey wheel on a slab,

On this end pitch you are told to park car in front of caravan. While my hubby was setting up I decided to park the car and I ran the car into the jockey wheel casing and pushed the side of the car in. That made me popular with him.

Laundry room, another room with fridge for making ice, a microwave and a kettle. Shower block 3 showers, one disable, 3 loos. 20p for a 5 minute shower. 20p for hair dryer. Recycling on site. Free internet, the code is on a window. There is also a room with 2 large couches and a TV on the wall and a ping pong table. The office is open for an hour in the morning and an hour at night. Quiet site. Everyone in bed by 11. 15. Pm.

Morrisons supermarket is 3 miles along the road. Open 8 -10 mon - Saturday, sunday 10 - 4 (I think, not sure). Also a Sainsburys next to it.

Not a well sign posted site. My hubby disagreed he said I should use my eyes. You turn down the road to Dunnington and there is a tiny brown sign with a caravan on it only about a foot above the ground. Turn in right and site is a couple of hundred yards along on the right.

Just before the site is a farm. In a little box at the gate are a few boxes of fresh laid eggs. Also an honesty tin to put your £1. 00 in.

The day it rained I tried to find a dog friendly place but only place I could find was a small café, Jorick Café up from the Shambles Lane. Baked potatoes £3. 10 filling 50p-80p. Full breakfast £6. 10 with 2 slice toast and a tea. Cheap and cheerful, and tasty. It had 6 tables outside under the building.

Had to sit among smokers but beggars can't be choosers as the say. My husband went to War Museum which was free (but they recommend a £3. 00 donation) He had no money in his pocket as usual so I made him go back with a fiver. He also went to the plane museum which had an £8. 00 entry fee. Café on site. I just sat outside with our dog. We parked in the esplanade car park. Its in the town centre next to the river.

I would come back to this site and ask about staying for a few weeks but it was too far from my home (5hs) I would come back again. I loved this site. No play area on site. Its more an adults site I think.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Edmund Ridsdale 8 reviews from this member

Stayed on this site at the end of May for a week. Part of the week my wife and myself and dog and part of the week my son and his wife and child and we were all totally satisfied with the warm welcome we received and the excellent standard of the site in all respects.

The Shower/ toilet blocks are second to none and I cant remember any other caravan site to match these in many years of caravanning and camping.

The one and only niggle is the rubbish bins are only situated at the reception and are of the large wheeled bin variety. I can understand the reason for this as small dustbins distributed around the site, often where the water points are, can be unsightly and require frequent emptying or they become a health hazard. So on the whole I don't see this as a negative at all although it was a bit of a drag having to trail across the site to drop one's rubbish off.

I would definitely visit this site again and don't usually revisit sites very often.

Thanks to the great site staff for making it such a good stay.

Previous     71 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Is Sheriff Hutton Camping And Caravanning Club Site child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Is Sheriff Hutton Camping And Caravanning Club Site dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near York      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in North Yorkshire