Visitor Reviews - Weston Dairy Campsite

Campsite Search > UK > England > South West > Dorset > Swanage > Weston Dairy Campsite Reviews

Weston Dairy Campsite
Tel: 07757159749  or  07974565420

Pitches: 13 Acres
Open: 2019: 26th July-11th Aug, 16th Aug-26th Aug

Tent Pitches   No Caravans   No Motorhomes   No Glamping Units
 No Electric Hookups   No Hardstandings   No Fully Serviced Pitches   Show Full Facilities
 No Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 Shop <5 miles   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant On Site   No Wifi Access
 No Fishing   Wild Swimming 1 mile   Indoor Pool 5 miles   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding 5 miles   Cycle Hire 5 miles   Golf 5 miles   No Tennis
 Beach 1 mile   Watersports 5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring 5 miles
 Sea Views   Working Farm   Campfires Allowed   Not Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 5 miles  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  40 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4

Date of Visit: August 2018 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Laurakatesills 1 review from this member

This huge field filled with a variety of friendly fellow campers and views of grazing cows, rolling hills and the stunning glistening sea (we were lucky with the rare British sunshine).

Great location set in the heart of beautiful countryside and brushing shoulders with fabulous sea-spots (The Dancing Legde was our personal perfect place to spend a warm seaside afternoon).

The facilities are faultlessly clean and the site in general was tidy and clean, even when it was full.

The owners of the campsite were my personal favourite part of this place; because when my lost purse was handed in (by a hero of a stranger) they could not have been more helpful in posting it back to me the next morning and keeping in contact throughout. I cannot thank you enough and I can't wait to come back next year with my fellow happy campers!

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Smashing69 2 reviews from this member

Planned (and paid) to stay throughout the Stone Cutters festival but left early due to overcrowding. Preferred not to join the other cutters at the bottom but pitched right up at the top. First few days were fine but was swamped by noisy families as middle weekend and Square Fayre approached. The site felt very crowded - tents less than 2ft away from me. I hope they do get a license one day as they'll be obliged to limit numbers but be able to open for longer than 28 days.

Reviewer: Gravesy1 1 review from this member

We stayed at Weston Dairy Farm for 9 nights in August 2014 and what a great campsite! No extra charges for a big family tent! A coastal site that lets you have a camp fire! This is a real back to basics camping experience set in the beautiful countryside surroundings of Worth Matravers, Swanage. There are 14 (I think) portaloos and 4 porta showers that are kept very very clean and monitored several times a day. I have never seen portaloos this clean, ever. Shower water heated as used, so never a cold shower! Staff are friendly and very helpful, hot breakfast rolls and drinks are served til 11am and evening bbq's

If you don't need electric hook up, if you want a good, cheap campsite where a camp fire is a must then this is the site to go for. 20 mins walk to Chapmans Pool, a beautiful idylic 'secret' beach. 5 min drive to Swanage centre & beach and 10 minute walk to the amazing Square & Compass pub which has a great choice of beers & ciders, a fossil museum and some good live music.

Value for money 10/10 - I challenge you to find a cheaper campsite in Swanage!

Reviewer: Ted the camper 1 review from this member

Just arrived back after a week long stay, We found the campsite very clean and tidy with helpful staff at the entrance to campsite which offered breakfast rolls, tea, coffee and fresh milk from 8am till 11am and burgers etc early evenings.

The toilets and showers were spotless and were cleaned at least twice daily (Portaloos but don't let that put you off)

The field itself is on a slight incline and you need to drive round to find the best pitch for yourself, The wind can be a bit strong so a sheltered pitch is highly recommended

It got really busy on the bank holiday weekend and compared to other sites we passed they seemed to have the lions share of campers so that speaks for itself. Its a pity its only open for a short period because we would definitely visit more often

There are plenty of walks but the sea is not accessible from a lot of these so its worth enquiring prior.

There is a nice little restaurant in the village that sells good evening meals and wine but booking is highly recommended

The Square and Compass pub sells great beers and ciders and the best steak pasties we have tasted well worth a visit and well within walking distance, you have to queue to get served but well worth the wait, the Fish Plaice in Swanage sell the best and freshest fish and chips and is worth a visit, MY biggest disappointment was the very expensive parking fees charged in Swanage town which are a complete ripoff compared with other local towns ie Weymouth, Poole, Wareham which were considerably cheaper, The Swanage steam railway is worth a trip and the park and ride facility at corfe is the best way to use parking only £3. 00 all day plus free entry to clay mining museum

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Hadenj 3 reviews from this member

We stayed at Weston Dairy based solely on a web based search looking for a quiet, family friendly and understated campsite in a rural location close to Swanage. We arrived on a Thursday and all was well. A very rural 13 acre field with 4 temporary showers and 10 portaloo's. Reception was informal and really friendly and we pitched up and enjoyed the wonderful views and had a fantastic nights sleep - then came Friday and the participation on site doubled. Large groups of partygoers / festival goers / single sex groups and pop-up tents descended.

The weekend was a disaster with no policing whatsoever of the published 11pm quiet commitment - this is not a family friendly site as my kids aged 8 and 6 cried due to the incessant noise.

On Friday and Saturday numerous large groups of 20 plus partied until through desperation, I personally had to intervene at 2:30am to request the stereos and chanting stop.

We complained politely on the Saturday morning to the owners who commented that 'its just people enjoying themselves' and we were reassured that Friday night was a one-off - no way Jose, the Saturday was far worse and the mobile number we were offered should a repeat of Friday occur rang to answer phone again and again and our messages are still unanswered 3 days later.

It's a great location and the staff were pleasant but don't base you decision to stay on a desire for a rural retreat and peaceful rest - our experience was of a site dominated by festival goers and noisy drinking groups and certainly not recommendable for a relaxed break for families.

Management response: Firstly I would like to apologise for the unpleasant experience that these clients had. The weekend in question is always prone to encourage party goers to the campsite as it coincides with the incredibly popular 'Square Fayre' held at the local pub. I do make a tour of the site between 12. 30 and 1am and ask people to be quiet but I am unable to police it all night long.

The telephone number that the disgruntled guests used to try and contact me on does not get a signal where I was and the emergency number left on the hut would have been the correct number to reach me on. When I got the message the next morning, there was no name left or telephone number for me to follow up on. Unfortunately I can not access a number if a voicemail message has been left as it does not come up as a missed call and I think people presume that their number must appear. This is the reason that I was unable to speak to the clients to at least apologise, if nothing else.

Reviewer: Andaus 2 reviews from this member

Visited this site as a first time camper last weekend and it was a truly wonderful experience. The site and facilities are exactly as described on both the campsite website and by reviews left on this web site. Condition and cleanliness and of toilet and shower facilities acceptable - the only time they were not was more down to the standards of other slightly careless campers as opposed to the site management who can be seen attending to the facilities regularly throughout the day - but really, not an issue and no different to any other shared public facility. The location is fantastic and set in a large field with great views of the countryside with the cliffs in the not too far distance. The local pub, The Square and Compass is absolutely brilliant - great pasties and great cider! Worth Matraves itself is a small but beautifully picturesque village.

Back to the campsite. The owners and their staff are always present and helpful. We were able to buy milk (straight from the farm), cakes, drinks, BBQ'd food (breakfast and in the evening), ice creams etc on the campsite.

Will definitely be returning

Reviewer: Elc83 1 review from this member

Wonderfully simple campsite. Hot clean showers, lots of space, friendly atmosphere and great little shop open to sell morning butties and afternoon cakes. They also put on a BBQ on certain evenings where you can buy really good burgers, would definitely recommend. We are now making this an annual trip.

Reviewer: Madm00se 3 reviews from this member

I thought I'd reviewed before now, but clearly I hadn't! We stayed over the August Bank Holiday (Fri - Mon). Great campsite with rustic facilities - ie portaloo toilets & showers & a stone sink, no running hot water - for a short break I don't mind, but I personally couldn't cope for a longer period! (Although my DH & kids - 8 & 4, could!) Campervans, tents on site, didn't see any caravans, no electric hookups. No local shops. We arrived early (8am) on the Friday, the staff had no issues about the early arrival (some sites say 'not before 10/1'). They welcomed us with open arms & we were told we could pitch anywhere in a massive field, on a slight slope. (As a previous reviewer said, windy up top, sunny at bottom!) So we pitched at the top, as we didn't realise this was the case, but with 2 youngsters, who leave the toilet to the last minute, we chose wisely! Pitched our tent in the brisk breeze that was blowing off the sea! There's a snack bar that serves breakfasts & BBQ in the evening. Freezer for ice packs - no extra charge, tea, coffee, local ice cream etc.

Now to the showers - heated by calor gas bottles - very temperamental, best thing is to get in early am OR early afternoon - they did, but it was a struggle sometimes & my heart sank when I overheard the owner telling calor gas to get more gas out as they were expecting over 500 people that weekend! (my 1st thought was noise!) Was there any? No, everyone kept the noise down after 10/10. 30 pm. The sink? Either have a washing up bowl pre filled with hot water OR take your kettle to the sink, but I have to say the best view to wash up to! Within walking distance of the sea & 1 of the best pubs in the world! Walk into the village either by the road or the public footpath that you access at the bottom end of the campsite. Playground - your kids imagination, games, open fresh air & a field! There's a small playground in the village - that's conveniently placed on the walk to & from the pub & or sea! Stay again? Yes I would, but for short periods only (but only because I like a proper decent shower and as the site is only a 'pop' up site for 28 days, then they wouldn't be able to put up a more permanent structure without planning)!

Reviewer: Mark Reed 1 review from this member

This is the second time that I've visited this site and all I can say is that it continues to be one of the best sites I've ever used. Although basic it has everything you could want. There is good basic snack food at the hut which is all locally sourced.

The staff are super friendly and the whole site has a really friendly feel.

The site is also really close to one of the best pubs in the universe (The square and compass).

The only minus point is that they are not allowed to stay open all summer.

Reviewer: Fishingtobias 1 review from this member

Fabulous site, 14 portaloos cleaned 3 times a day also 4 shower cubicles. On site breakfast bar and bar b q ice cream and home made cakes. Chapmans pool is a 2 minute drive to car park then about 20 minutes walk to the beach, its a 2 mile walk to the Chapel at St Albans head also the Coast Watch look out and the Radar memorial. Next there is another walk about 1. 5 miles from Worth Matravers to Winspit with its quarries over looking the sea Swanage is only 3 miles away with its Heritage railway running to Corfe Castle. Not forgetting the famous Square and Compas inn only two fields away. Square Fayre the first weekend of our two weeks at Weston dairy campsite with music every night and stone carving in the Marque daily for the two weeks each year. Also the first weekend was Swanage Carnival.

Previous     40 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Dorset

Win a Buzz Quattro Tilting 4 Bike Carrier Win a Best of British Holiday worth up to £175!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 15th to 18th August, E Yorks
The biggest tribute band music festival in the world! Use promo code “tribukcampsite” to save 10% on Weekend Camping Tickets! ...more