Visitor Reviews - Pont Kemys Caravan Park

Abergavenny
Monmouthshire   (Browse area)
NP7 9DS

Add this Site to your Virtual BrochureSave to Virtual Brochure

Kitchen Facilities   Freezer Available    Motorhome Point   Fully Serviced Pitches
 Shop On Site   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 Fishing <1 mile   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding   Cycle Hire <10 miles   Golf <5 miles   Tennis
 Beach   Watersports <10 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <10 miles  Dog Walk

Reviews:  101 in total, now showing 11 to 20                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Nipper123 1 review from this member

Presently spending our second weekend in less than a month camping at this gem of a site. Although we haven’t had the best of weather it really hasn’t mattered as it’s So peaceful and relaxing, owners are a lovely couple and very welcoming.

Shower block and toilet area are always immaculately clean with plentiful hot water (and free).

Nice generous size pitches which are pretty level and easy to pitch on (not stony).

There is a “Adult only area” and a “ no dogs allowed” camping section.

Particularly like the benches provided for each pitch and the dog walk is one of the best we’ve come across.

Wifi is free and on our visit fast and reliable.

We will definitely be regulars here and would have no hesitation recommending this site to others

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Lady of the lakes 30 reviews from this member

This was a last minute stopover for us and we were very greatful to the friendly staff for fitting us in at short notice on what was a very busy weekend. The area is well laid out into areas, the pitch sizes good and the facilities just right. There's a shop on site selling the basics food wise (and some smashing ice cream).

The road behind the site is not too busy but traffic (especially bikes) does come down there very fast, so beware! I would not like to walk along it at all. However if you cross over there is a footpath behind the hedge going to the chain bridge, and a nice little watering hole on the other side of the bridge. The site is certainly on the riverside, though there isn't access to go down and paddle, so don't use this site if that is what you like to do. The dog walk was a nice surprise. We had the usual path through a small batch of trees, but, whilst that would probably be it for many sites, the path led to a good size field with a mown path apound where your four legged friend can have a good run. There were plenty of dog bins for waste.

The site had a really relaxed, holiday feel about it, with groups of people mingling and obviously having a good time. Many knew each other which suggests happy regulars! We were there for the big rugby match and the TV room was very busy; we feared a noisy night was in store for us but in fact it was really quiet. All in all a lovely little site.

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Nuevoboy 68 reviews from this member

I have to agree with all of the last few reviews; this site is superb. The showerblock is certainly the cleanest we've come across in five years touring, although we would have liked the water in the showers itself to be a bit hotter, though the sinks and washing up area were fine.

The views are gorgeous and the whole site has a wonderful relaxed and friendly feeling.

We strolled up to the Black Bear in Bettws Newydd and had a friendly welcome from the landlady and a superb meal there.

Most of the lanes around are really quiet and we had some great cycle rides in the area.

Usk itself is a lovely quirky little town with some nice riverside walks and we can thoroughly recommend the World Heritage Site in Blaenavon too.

Will hopefully revisit soon.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Leothevan 2 reviews from this member

A beautiful campsite; well looked after. You can see why some folks keep their vans there permanently. The owners of the site obviously take a lot of pride in it, and try to ensure that everyone has an enjoyable stay. I think they would not tolerate rowdy visitors which is fair enough as most people go for the peace and quiet of the countryside after all. Toilets/showers were practically spotless.

We travelled there from Cardiff, so a nice quick journey. Had supper in the wonderful Chainbridge pub a short 300yd walk away. Very hospitable - especially to our dogs - delicious food/great menu.

We highly recommend this site and will definitely go again, and try to make more effort to explore the stunning countryside and its walking routes with our dog, rather than slobbing around eating/drinking for our weekend visit!

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Alison Couch 3 reviews from this member

What a lovely find! I am a member of the caravan club and this site was as good as any of the CC sites I've stayed on. The pitches were well spaced, level and well laid out. I thought the picnic benches available for most pitches to use was a really nice touch. The site is on a good, accessible road. It is an attractive site with the river flowing through it and lots of trees, hedges and grass and seems to be popular with seasonal pitchers. The showers provided lots of hot water which didn't turn off too quickly - maybe a shower curtain would be an idea but certainly I have no complaints. The toilet block was always clean when I visited and I like the recycling facility. The idea of a tv room was unusual and great for those who didn't take their own. I would certainly wish to come back here in the future.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Davejpoole 1 review from this member

We stayed at this wonderful site for 3 weeks in June and can not fault it in any way. The owners are friendly and helpful, they even leant us an extension lead as our electric cable was too short. The shower block is spotlessly clean with plenty of facilities. There is a pub next door and the lovely town of Usk is a 5 minute drive away. We are only moving from this site as we want a seasonal pitch close to a beach but we will be back in the future.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Tomostours 1 review from this member

Lovely site set in beautiful countryside location. The owners were very welcoming both when booking and on arrival. The toilet block is very clean and modern, there's a small shop on site selling the basics which the owners were kind enough to open when we needed gas on the bank holiday after hours. There is a small playing field for children with a set of goalposts but didn't see any other play equipment so not great for younger kids. All in all lovely quiet, very well organised site in the Monmouthshire countryside.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Sahrey 1 review from this member

Just back from our stay at Pont Kemys and I cannot praise the site and Rose the owner enough! The site itself is immaculate and the toilet, showers, laundry room, wash up room and tv room are second to none for cleanliness, wonderful hot water! The bin and recycling area is very clean with no unpleasant odours - which is rare. The river running by is lovely and the sheep in the pen are an added attraction. Rose has a great little shop in reception for eggs, bacon and other bits you might need - not expensive either.

Unfortunately, we flooded on our first night but luckily we have family nearby and we stayed there the night. Upon on our return, Rose immediately put the heating on in the tv room for us to dry anything that was wet or damp -everything dried brilliantly and the rest of our stay was fantastic.

Great area, amazing mountains, beautiful villages and if you like to shop, plenty of places to do so, Abergavenney, Cwmbran, Cardiff etc. , etc, .

Will recommend this site to everyone and will be staying there again, many times.

Thanks Rose.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Williams1 7 reviews from this member

To be fair it's a very clean site toilet block and grounds with the exception of bin area where it is usually overflowing. If you have children make sure your not parked by adult area it's not child friendly. I love dogs but long term campers don't seem to keep dogs on lead and our dog was attacked but she's ok I'm glad to say. If you love motorbikes you'll be ok noise of motorbike raceing is terrible it's like a race track. And just be wear of golf buggy or you might get knocked down. River is close by which is fenced off keep eye on children for safety reasons. Very disappointed with site won't be going back.

Reviewer: Wilkins 19 reviews from this member

Returned from Pont Kemys Caravan & Camping Park at the end of August, after a thirteen day stay. There were six of us in three tents, my wife & I, along with my brother & sister & their partners, in three tents, I booked later than I normally would, because I am undergoing treatment & waiting for a further operation. I needed good clean disabled facilities, which Rose assured me the site had, I was not disappointed they were wonderful, thank you Bryan & Rose, who also sited me on the closest pitch to the facilities block along with my brother & sister. The pitch sizes are very generous in size, the grass is very well kept, along with the whole condition & cleanliness of the site, indeed I would put this site in my top ten sites in the UK. A pity the chainbridge public house is closed; this is only 300yards down the road by the bridge. Abergavenny is one of my favourite areas, so I will be returning to this wonderful site in the future & I will have no hesitation recommending this site to all my camping friends. Thank you once again Bryan & Rose for looking after all of us during our stay.

Previous     101 Reviews in total, now showing 11 to 20      Next

Save to Virtual Brochure  Add this Site to your Virtual Brochure                                Share  Google Plus  Email Link  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

Other sites within 10 miles   -    All Sites in Monmouthshire   -   Search for a site

Three sets of AutoSock Car Snow Socks to be won Win a Weeks Holiday at Stafford Moor Fishery

UKCS Meet Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Show 19th to 24th Feb, NEC
See the latest ranges of motorhomes, caravans, holiday homes, tents, awnings and accessories ...more