Visitor Reviews - Pont Kemys Caravan Park

Abergavenny
Monmouthshire   (Browse area)
NP7 9DS

Add this Site to your Virtual BrochureSave to Virtual Brochure

Kitchen Facilities   Freezer Available    Motorhome Point   Fully Serviced Pitches
 Shop On Site   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 Fishing <1 mile   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding   Cycle Hire <10 miles   Golf <5 miles   Tennis
 Beach   Watersports <10 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Location   Dog Walk   Public Transport <10 miles

Reviews:  101 in total, now showing 19 to 24                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Williams1 7 reviews from this member

To be fair it's a very clean site toilet block and grounds with the exception of bin area where it is usually overflowing. If you have children make sure your not parked by adult area it's not child friendly. I love dogs but long term campers don't seem to keep dogs on lead and our dog was attacked but she's ok I'm glad to say. If you love motorbikes you'll be ok noise of motorbike raceing is terrible it's like a race track. And just be wear of golf buggy or you might get knocked down. River is close by which is fenced off keep eye on children for safety reasons. Very disappointed with site won't be going back.

Reviewer: Wilkins 19 reviews from this member

Returned from Pont Kemys Caravan & Camping Park at the end of August, after a thirteen day stay. There were six of us in three tents, my wife & I, along with my brother & sister & their partners, in three tents, I booked later than I normally would, because I am undergoing treatment & waiting for a further operation. I needed good clean disabled facilities, which Rose assured me the site had, I was not disappointed they were wonderful, thank you Bryan & Rose, who also sited me on the closest pitch to the facilities block along with my brother & sister. The pitch sizes are very generous in size, the grass is very well kept, along with the whole condition & cleanliness of the site, indeed I would put this site in my top ten sites in the UK. A pity the chainbridge public house is closed; this is only 300yards down the road by the bridge. Abergavenny is one of my favourite areas, so I will be returning to this wonderful site in the future & I will have no hesitation recommending this site to all my camping friends. Thank you once again Bryan & Rose for looking after all of us during our stay.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: The Vinegars 10 reviews from this member

Just returned from a four night break, and I was thrilled with the site, I could not stop talking about it. Such a well maintained site, spotless showers & toilets. Very much liked the separate areas holding about 6-8 vans or tents, with well kept hedges. At about 45 miles from home, this will be a well used site for us when we want to get away for a few days, without travelling too far. Thanks for a nice site.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Carnec2002 8 reviews from this member

Well what can I say that hasn't been said already by previous reviewers? As newbies to touring caravanning it was refreshing to be greeted by charming owners and fantastic facilities. We inherited a 24 year old 2 berth caravan which had been on a storage site for the past 10 years. After giving a full service we opted to take it on tour to a local site to familiarise ourselves with the van and towing.

Our 2 day experience at Pont Kemys was resounding success.

We've tented all around Europe on a number of occasions and this site is an equal to the best sites we have stayed at over there. In terms of facilities this site is excellent. We had a fully serviced pitch in the adultís only section of the site. Our hard standing came with Water, Electric, TV hook up and waste water drainage. Communal facilities are modern and well maintained.

I have noticed that previous reviewers have commented on the noise that passing motor cycles generate as they pass the site. The road adjacent to the site is a road favoured by bikers from all over the country as are many rural roads throughout Wales. As far as we were concerned it caused us no angst.

As the end of August is fast approaching we have already booked a four day stay at the end of the month and hope to get another visit in before the end of season. The great thing about touring vans versus tents is you don't have to ensure everything is dry before departure. Hook up and go is our future.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Karenturner 7 reviews from this member

I am just back from Pont Kemys. I can not speak highly enough about the site and especially the owners Brian and Rose, who could not have been nicer. I was staying in the area for a singing event and when I mentioned the name of the town, they knew other campers who were staying for the same event and were disappointed that they had not known so that they could put together.

The Toilet block was amongst the cleanest I've seen, with no queues at any of the times I visited it. There is a Laundry and Washup area with Microwave. The recycling area was also very well organised.

There is a small shop at reception. I appreciated being able to buy small quantities, eg 1 egg, when camping alone you don't need 6 eggs!

Would I come back? in the blink of an eye.

Would I change anything? Yes - stay longer!

Others have mentioned road noise. This was not something I noticed.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: MonsterBear 7 reviews from this member

Stayed for one night over this weekend at very short notice. Bryan and Rose had to cope with us cancelling first thing as the thunder came in then turning up as the sun broke through; all very confusing and they were very understanding and made us feel welcome.

Great location 8 miles from Abergavenny and 5 Miles from Raglan. Plenty to see and do in the area from walking through trekking, etc.

Good pub 300 yards down the road at the Chainbridge and, being Abergavenny, plenty more good places to eat within 15 minutes drive.

Abergavenny has Aldi, Tesco Express and Waitrose if you're felling flush. Usk, which is closer, has a co-op.

Plenty of TiC stuff in reception and the toilet block.

The toilet block deserves a special mention. Easily the best toilets we've ever had camping in Wales and arguably anywhere we've stayed. Spotless facilities and plenty of space. No silly 'extras' like 20p for a shower; and the shower button stayed in long enough so you didn't do the one hand wash thing just to keep the water flowing.

The site is sheltered with plenty of hedging. Pitches were level, with reasonable space and there are picnic benches scattered about. If you don't want electric with your tent then the tent only field is secluded and surrounded by trees.

The site is beautifully maintained and Bryan does a circuit before bedtime and gates closed at 10:00pm. The heavy duty gates mean no risk of unexpected cars at night.

We may have only stayed one night but we'll be going back as our short break weekend site of choice.

Previous     101 Reviews in total, now showing 19 to 24      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Monmouthshire   -   Search for a site

Win an OLPRO Knightwick 3 Berth Tent worth £109.99 Win tickets to Beat at Tencreek 60s Weekend!

UKCS Meet Beat at Tencreek 60s Weekend 12 to 14 October, Cornwall
3 day concert dedicated to the sounds of the Swinging Sixties, with camping ...more