Visitor Reviews - Pont Kemys Caravan Park

Abergavenny
Monmouthshire   (Browse area)
NP7 9DS   See Map

Add this Site to your Virtual BrochureSave to Virtual Brochure

Kitchen Facilities   Freezer Available    Motorhome Point   Fully Serviced Pitches
 Shop On Site   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 Fishing <1 mile   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding   Cycle Hire <10 miles   Golf <5 miles   Tennis
 Beach   Watersports <10 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Location   Dog Walk   Public Transport <10 miles

Reviews:  99 in total, now showing 13 to 18                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17

Write your own Review wo win a 150 Amazon Voucher!!

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Alison Couch 3 reviews from this member

What a lovely find! I am a member of the caravan club and this site was as good as any of the CC sites I've stayed on. The pitches were well spaced, level and well laid out. I thought the picnic benches available for most pitches to use was a really nice touch. The site is on a good, accessible road. It is an attractive site with the river flowing through it and lots of trees, hedges and grass and seems to be popular with seasonal pitchers. The showers provided lots of hot water which didn't turn off too quickly - maybe a shower curtain would be an idea but certainly I have no complaints. The toilet block was always clean when I visited and I like the recycling facility. The idea of a tv room was unusual and great for those who didn't take their own. I would certainly wish to come back here in the future.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Davejpoole 1 review from this member

We stayed at this wonderful site for 3 weeks in June and can not fault it in any way. The owners are friendly and helpful, they even leant us an extension lead as our electric cable was too short. The shower block is spotlessly clean with plenty of facilities. There is a pub next door and the lovely town of Usk is a 5 minute drive away. We are only moving from this site as we want a seasonal pitch close to a beach but we will be back in the future.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Tomostours 1 review from this member

Lovely site set in beautiful countryside location. The owners were very welcoming both when booking and on arrival. The toilet block is very clean and modern, there's a small shop on site selling the basics which the owners were kind enough to open when we needed gas on the bank holiday after hours. There is a small playing field for children with a set of goalposts but didn't see any other play equipment so not great for younger kids. All in all lovely quiet, very well organised site in the Monmouthshire countryside.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Sahrey 1 review from this member

Just back from our stay at Pont Kemys and I cannot praise the site and Rose the owner enough! The site itself is immaculate and the toilet, showers, laundry room, wash up room and tv room are second to none for cleanliness, wonderful hot water! The bin and recycling area is very clean with no unpleasant odours - which is rare. The river running by is lovely and the sheep in the pen are an added attraction. Rose has a great little shop in reception for eggs, bacon and other bits you might need - not expensive either.

Unfortunately, we flooded on our first night but luckily we have family nearby and we stayed there the night. Upon on our return, Rose immediately put the heating on in the tv room for us to dry anything that was wet or damp -everything dried brilliantly and the rest of our stay was fantastic.

Great area, amazing mountains, beautiful villages and if you like to shop, plenty of places to do so, Abergavenney, Cwmbran, Cardiff etc. , etc, .

Will recommend this site to everyone and will be staying there again, many times.

Thanks Rose.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Williams1 7 reviews from this member

To be fair it's a very clean site toilet block and grounds with the exception of bin area where it is usually overflowing. If you have children make sure your not parked by adult area it's not child friendly. I love dogs but long term campers don't seem to keep dogs on lead and our dog was attacked but she's ok I'm glad to say. If you love motorbikes you'll be ok noise of motorbike raceing is terrible it's like a race track. And just be wear of golf buggy or you might get knocked down. River is close by which is fenced off keep eye on children for safety reasons. Very disappointed with site won't be going back.

Reviewer: Wilkins 19 reviews from this member

Returned from Pont Kemys Caravan & Camping Park at the end of August, after a thirteen day stay. There were six of us in three tents, my wife & I, along with my brother & sister & their partners, in three tents, I booked later than I normally would, because I am undergoing treatment & waiting for a further operation. I needed good clean disabled facilities, which Rose assured me the site had, I was not disappointed they were wonderful, thank you Bryan & Rose, who also sited me on the closest pitch to the facilities block along with my brother & sister. The pitch sizes are very generous in size, the grass is very well kept, along with the whole condition & cleanliness of the site, indeed I would put this site in my top ten sites in the UK. A pity the chainbridge public house is closed; this is only 300yards down the road by the bridge. Abergavenny is one of my favourite areas, so I will be returning to this wonderful site in the future & I will have no hesitation recommending this site to all my camping friends. Thank you once again Bryan & Rose for looking after all of us during our stay.

Previous     99 Reviews in total, now showing 13 to 18      Next

Write your own Review wo win a 150 Amazon Voucher!!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Monmouthshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Kampa Portaflush 10 Portable Toilet! Win a 655ltr Waterproof Rooftop Bag worth 239

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 16th to 19th August, E Yorks
World's biggest tribute band festival. Family friendly. Discounted tickets and a chance to win some ...more