Reviews of Dol Llys Farm Caravan And Camping Site

Campsite Search > UK > Wales > Powys > Llanidloes > Dol Llys Farm Caravan And Camping Site Reviews

Dol Llys Farm Caravan And Camping Site
Oakley Park Road
Llanidloes
Powys   (Browse area)
SY18 6JA

Open: April To October

No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Kitchen Facilities   Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 Fishing <1 mile   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool <1 mile   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <5 miles   Cycle Hire <1 mile   Golf <1 mile   Tennis <1 mile
 No Beach   Watersports <5 miles   No Boat Launch
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   Campfires Allowed   Not Open All Year
 Riverside Pitches   Public Transport <5 miles  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  61 in total, now showing 11 to 20                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7

To find out if we're taking bookings please contact us

Date of Visit: October 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: THOMAS MORGAN 1 review from this member

Just returned from a 3 night stay in our tourer. Dol-Llys is in a very peaceful setting, alongside the river and very convenient for walking into the town of Llanidloes.

We woke up one morning and there were about 10 pheasants, strolling around within 20 yards of our caravan, so even our Labrador had a wonderful holiday.

There are some wonderful walks around the area with some superb views for miles. We look forward to return to this site as the owners who are hard working farmers, take time out to talk to you and immediately make you feel that you can relax.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Hebbie 3 reviews from this member

This is a lovely campsite - clean and quiet with good facilities. Our children enjoyed the small playground and the river would be good to paddle in if the weather is warm.

We saw lots of wildlife around the site, including bats and toads.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Magic mel 1 review from this member

Our 1st visit to Dol Llys, but it certainly won't be the last.

Excellent clean facilities, great showers for a campsite, great dish washing area which includes a free to use washing machine, along with mirrors and plug sockets for your hairdryer ( or straighteners if you must!) A rare treat for camping is the campers kitchen, with seating area, sink, kettles, toaster, microwave, fridge & freezer. Along with plug sockets & free WIFI!

The stunning views, countryside and river make this an utterly amazing site. The children were asking to go in the river from 7. 30am! A dingy and water shoes are a must! The children weren't as interested to play in the lovely wooden play area, as they just wanted to be in the river!

The owners are extremely helpful and friendly, and only too keen to help if you need anything ( I forgot a tin opener!)

Riverside pitch with picnic benches and fire pits made it an ideal retreat. Children and adults all happy.

Many thanks Andrew and Janet.

Although we left early due to the weather, we will most definitely return.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: LawmanSmith 12 reviews from this member

Put quite simply, a lovely campsite.

Set in some very nice spacious grounds.

Pleasant staff/owners with good clean well looked after facilities.

We chose a pitch (first come, first served) about 50 meters from the river which runs through the site to one side of it.

There were about a dozzen children playing in it the next morning having great fun. It's about (at its deepest) waist height for an adult to a few inches at the edge and about 10 meters wide. Although very cold, the children didn't seem to mind. It took us ages getting our pair out of it.

A decent new'ish children's play area (not realy shown on the website)

The site is very close to Llanidlois which has everything a propper small town should have and used to years ago including 8 or 9 great little pubs. If I remember correctly there was not one shop boarded up/closed.

If your relying on your Sat Nav I would head to Llanidlois first then head to the campsite. This avoids a narrow track which the Sat Nav seems to favour if heading from the Newtown direction.

The big question, would we recommend the site and visit again? Most certainly!

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Ivan Steam Genie 2 reviews from this member

My wife and I spent a week here at the end of June, what a fantastic site. I am trying to say good things about Dol Llys that other people haven't already said but I am finding it very difficult. I have camped in my Motor Home all over Western Europe and many sites in the UK but this site beats them all, I intended to stay for 2 days only which is my norm but it`s such a relaxing place and after meeting Jan and Andrew mine hosts we just wanted to stay put. They were so kind and helpful which made our stay so much more enjoyable

Ivan & Val Webb (Steam Genie Swansea)

PS Andrew we will definitely be back soon, even bought a fishing rod yesterday.

Reviewer: live25 1 review from this member

Recently returned from fantastic stay over the second bank holiday in May, and it was one of the best campsites we have been to.

Beautiful setting and views of the surrounding area and a lovely spacious pitch (these are not marked out) so we were free to camp where we pleased.

It was quite busy over the bank holiday weekend, but no problems were caused by this, just like minded families enjoying the site, and all was peaceful by 10. 30pm, just the sound of the river.

We had a campfire outside our tent by the river which made the stay that more memorable which was nice.

The toilets and facilities were great, newer heated wet rooms and loos, which were of a very high standard and an older block which is perfectly adequate and was clean at all times.

There was also a free to use washing machine and wifi, so it was refreshing not to receive extra charges for everything.

The play area was good, maybe could do with an extra swing or two.

We will be returning next year and bringing friends with us!

Reviewer: Linsay54 1 review from this member

Stayed here 5 nights in a tent, with ehu. Near the toilet facilities which were clean, loo roll always there, individual shower/toilet rooms as well, with 20p shower for 3 mins, fine. Separate camping kitchen with fridge/freezer, microwave/kettle if needed, and a separate washing up room, with washing machine, what more could you need. Weather was good for B. H. Weekend, so busy but not crowded, lovely to see kids(and adults) playing in the river, very pretty site. A 20 min walk through their sheep fields, following the river 7 into town, which has plenty of shops/pubs/café`s. Would definitely return.

Reviewer: Lau1965 4 reviews from this member

After looking forward to returning to this site after a few years gap we were disappointed. Knowing it was a Bank Holiday weekend we knew it would be busy, however, it was VERY busy and the facilities provided have not kept up over the years to accommodate the explosion in numbers that visit this site. The toilet block wasn't kept clean with the bins overflowing, and quite often no toilet paper or handtowels available. My husband said one of the urinals was then out of order and subsequently one of the showers were also out of order, leaving the site woefully short of washing facilities. We would also comment that although this is a family site the meaning of an evening curfew has obviously died over the years. At 11. 30pm there were still children screaming and playing and ringing bicycle bells. I don't think its much to ask that noise is reduced by 10pm at night. Having said all this the site is in a beautiful spot by the river and the owners were friendly. Unfortunately after this experience I don't think we will be returning.

Date of Visit: January 2015 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Deltaecho 1 review from this member

Hello and a good evening to you all. I firstly have to explain I arrived at Dol-Llys 2110hrs in the rain and I was welcomed by Janet and her Husband, who was multitasking: Lambing and the Meet and greet. Within minutes I was given a Hot mug of Java. As the minutes progressed as did the weather, I was about to render the one man tent when I was offered the chance to sleep in the warm and homely campers kitchen. What else Is there to say, Top kitchen and facilities and the showers were top notch. Thanks for making my first night in Wales a great one. Post-script. I really appreciated the coffee and your warm welcome. Cheers.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Leedspyeman 1 review from this member

First time we have been here but have got nothing but praise for the site. I was part of a group of mature motorcyclists with tents looking for a central base to explore Wales. This site was ideal. It is only 10 minutes walk from the town, well 20 minutes in reality, and the town of LLanidoes has plenty of places to eat and drink. The site itself is very clean with a mainly flat site close to the River Severn, but it is fully fenced off. The facilities are impressive with excellent shower and washing facilities. There are firepits on the camping field where log fires can be had and there are some wooden benches to sit and eat by. Bags of logs can be bought from reception. I was especially impressed with the 'common room' facilities. As well as somewhere to stay dry if the weather was not good, it was pleasing to see a fridge, freezer microwave and kettle for guest's use. There was even a washing machine to use, for FREE which must be a rare thing these days. The site also had an adventure playground which would get used if I return with my grand-kids. The charging was very simple, Camping was £7 per night per person, doesn't matter about size of pitch or how many cars you have, which was a good job as I was on my own and had a 5 berth tent ! All in all very highly recommended, I will be back

Previous     61 Reviews in total, now showing 11 to 20      Next

Is Dol Llys Farm Caravan And Camping Site child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Dol Llys Farm Caravan And Camping Site?  There is a shop within 1 mile  View all facilities

Is Dol Llys Farm Caravan And Camping Site dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Llanidloes      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Powys

UKCS Meet Camping Exhibition, Wokingham 26/06 to 26/07
Approximately 100 different tents on display, and a range of camping accessories ...more