Visitor Reviews - Strawberry Wood Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North West > Cheshire > Site Reviews

Strawberry Wood Caravan Park
Home Farm Farm Lane
Lower Withington
Macclesfield
Cheshire   (Browse area)
SK11 9DU

No Tents   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   No Glamping Units
 No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Toilet Facilities   Hot Showers   No Washing Up Area   No Bathroom
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   No Wifi Access
 Fishing On Site   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  41 in total, now showing 21 to 30                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5

Date of Visit: September 2011 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Dubdogs 131 reviews from this member

Used the site as a stop-over for one night, it's about 15 minutes from the motorway so found this convenient.

As it was towards the end of the season, I was told to choose a pitch when I arrived and the owner would call round to collect payment later in the evening. I got a pitch which had great views across the fields to Jodrall Bank which I thought was an added bonus.

I'm not sure I'd want to stop on the site for too many nights as it's within the wood and I do find I prefer to be out on the open (just my personal preference, not a criticism of the site).

The facilities were very clean and fairly modern. There were a few vans parked up, but I think I was the only person on the site the night I stayed, so obviously this meant it was lovely and peaceful.

When travelling up north again, I'd have no hesitation in using this site as a stop-over.

Date of Visit: June 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Courtney653 1 review from this member

It was a fab site and very cheap. No extras for awning, extra people, bank hols, all the same price. Found site very clean, toilets clean towels, soap, hot showers free.

Had campfire every night and collected wood from in the woods every day which was really nice. Loved the freedom of the site, no quiet time or long list of rules yet the site was quiet.

We felt comfortable sitting outside a night until the early hours.

The owners were helpful if you need them. Son enjoyed the fishing lake. Will go again. We all loved it.

Date of Visit: June 2011 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Jaycee1959 3 reviews from this member

Second stay at this lovely peaceful site, can't say enough good things about it and will certainly be going back again

Facilities are really good.

Nice level hard standing pitches actually in the woods and all with hook ups.

Toilets are kept really clean, hot water, hand wash and towels

Showers are great and really powerful and unlike some other sites they are free.

Booked by email and was told by Hazel the owner to choose a pitch when we got there and she would be around sometime during our stay to collect the pitch fee.

We found this to be a really easy going site, arrive and leave when you want and no long list of rules.

The area itself is really good for cycling around, loads of quiet country lanes and pretty little villages, there are a couple of nice pubs within walking distance and the lake is pleasant to walk around.

Date of Visit: April 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: I8manunited 1 review from this member

Just came back from four nights at the site and it will be a site we will definitely be using it again.

Pitches - approx 15-20 and all in separate hardstanding lovely secluded in the woods.

Entrance - Interesting. Single track off the main road through the field of cows. Trust the Sat Nav.

Toilets - Very clean and cleaned daily by the owner hazel. Showers (2 in the mens) very warm and powerful.

Surrounding Area - Lots to see and do, Chester not far, Tatton Park and the Peak District. Nearest shops in Holmes Chapel.

My little lad loved playing in the woods and the area around the site and get very mucky.

If you want a quiet site (no problems with other caravanners when we went), listen to the birds singing in the morning, and a feeling of away from it all then this is a great site to use.

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Kccm30 2 reviews from this member

This was our very first site that we stayed on after purchasing our new caravan, the owner seemed ok and just told us to pitch up were we liked, the site was very muddy and although the toilets where clean it was very dated. The owner didn't seem to mind who she had on the site as there were some extremely loud caravanners with fires lit and singing and shouting going on till well after 11pm which isnt nice when you have children trying to sleep. Nothing was done about them and it went on all weekend, she also wasn't concerned about commercial vehicles as the day. I felt that the site should of been better manned as the owner literally turned up as you arrived for her money and then left and we only saw her there when she was cleaning the toilets. We were disappointed with the site as it looked lovely on the website

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Niamhsgranny 5 reviews from this member

First time at Strawberry Wood. Thought we'd gone wrong somewhere when the sat-nav turned us into a field inhabited with cows, but we soldiered on and eventually came into the lovely little wood. It is quite dark but beautiful nonetheless.

Loved watching the wildlife, and walking round the pond at other side of field. Have never seen so many ducks in one pond. The stand-offs with the cows over who had right of way on the lane was hilarious.

Toilets and showers very clean and perfectly adequate. A little notice telling you just to pitch up would have been handy, as there is no reception. If there weren't other caravanners to ask we wouldn't have had a clue.

The owner comes round two or three times a day and collects the money. Pub at Lower Withington had very good food, and lots of outside tables for taking in the sun. Didn't see much else of the surrounding area as we were only staying one night. Lovely little site. Would love to use again.

Date of Visit: June 2010 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Waverley 4 reviews from this member

Just returned from my first visit to Strawberry Wood and I'm sure it will not be my last.

This is the most relaxed and laid-back site ever - on booking I was told 'park where you like and see you later'.

Others have mentioned the tree sap, but I think it's worth it just to chill under the trees and watch the birds, rabbits and squirrels behaving as though you're not there.

The shower and toilet block is clean and well maintained.

At the back of my pitch I could look out across a field towards the radio telescopes at Jodrell Bank.

There is not much to do on the site, but if, like me you are happy with soaking in your surroundings and don't need entertaining this site comes well recommended.

Date of Visit: April 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Pcrwm2010 2 reviews from this member

We stayed just one night but we will definitely go back! The views over the Chilterns are stunning.

The campsite is basic but in our view just right. The owners are very friendly and offered us a free night to be used on another weekend booking as we left due to bad weather.

The shower units are clean and practical especially when you have children, they include a wash basin and toilet and enough room to get the kids washed and dressed too. I would just add a changing table in the shower unit to make it even better.

Date of Visit: March 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Peter 1967 1 review from this member

We have been to this site 5 times now, nothing on site besides toilets and showers

Hazel the owner comes 4 times a day to check on things ie cleaning toilets, showers really nice, lady very friendly, she allows open fires on this site.

We spent the easter weekend there, really enjoyed it, no one to pester you, nice place to chill out

Don't forget to take your wood for the fire.

Date of Visit: August 2009 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Andy1250 2 reviews from this member

Visited this site for a couple of nights - really wanted somewhere quiet and isolated. This site fits the bill perfectly.

It is an easy site to use and there are a good number of pitches where you will have no problem parking your caravan.

Blair Witch? Yes it is a bit but that means it's peaceful and quiet.

Toilet block was clean and the water was hot. The small lake was lovely to walk round (we did it a couple of times because it is small - beautiful but small).

The view looking out from the woods was lovely - Jodrell Bank in the background - amazing.

If you want a lovely, quiet site with clean facilities, then this is for you.

Yes. With only two nights under the cover of the trees I had to clean the car at home - it was covered with sap. To be fair, this is mentioned in previous posts. If there is no likelihood of rain I would definitely go there again. 16/night.

Previous     41 Reviews in total, now showing 21 to 30      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Cheshire

Win a 299 Clarke IG1200B Suitcase Generator! Win a Holiday at Woolacombe Bay Holiday Park

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 6 to 7th July, Derbyshire