Reviews of Castle View Caravan Site

Campsite Search > UK > England > South East > East Sussex > Pevensey Bay > Castle View Caravan Site Reviews

Castle View Caravan Site
Eastbourne Road
Pevensey Bay
East Sussex   (Browse area)
BN24 6DT
Check Digital TV coverage    See Weather Forecast

Open: 01/03 To 01/11

No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   No Wifi Access
 No Fishing   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Beach <1 mile   No Watersports   No Boat Launch
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   No Dog Walk

Reviews:  35 in total, now showing 31 to 35                 Previous 10         Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4

Our site is open and we are taking bookings , please be assured you can book with confidence. Our toilets are Open. Our showers are Open. Other communal areas may be restricted - please check with us for more information

To enquire about a booking or for more information please contact us

Date of Visit: May 2007 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Rialanigan 10 reviews from this member

Have to say we arrived here with some reservations after reading the past reviews but were pleasantly surprised by the size of the camping field with plenty of electric hook ups and space for the kids to run freely and kick a ball.
The ground was quite stony but tents pegs went in easier then we thought.
Had a look around for the for mentioned tv room but alas this was padlocked and the room seemed to now be used as a junk room.
Now for the toilets and showers,yes I have to agree with previous reviews that they are dated but they work,there was plenty of hot water.
The only thing was that the doors could do with new locks and most doors didn't really shut properly.
The washing up facilities were again dated but functional with plenty of hot water to wash up.
Only gripe here not the sites fault but maybe others campers could have scraped their bits of food out the plug hole ready for the next person ,not nice to have to do it before I could wash up.A bin was provided to scrape food into.
On the whole wasn't the horror I had expected,i can see how it wouldn't appeal to everyone as there is no on-site clubhouse or children's playground.
We didn't experience any of the rowdiness previously mentioned but found other campers friendly and welcoming.
Yes you are near the main road but we didn't find it a problem in fact I didn't give it really much thought.
Not a campsite I would go to for longer then 2 nights but we will return for a weekend sometime in the future.

Date of Visit: July 2006 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Whereisphillie 1 review from this member

We were due to head down to Eastbourne for the evening for a friends birthday. We left booking a little too late and this was the only campsite that had any space left. We were very concerned and had emergency numbers of B&B's, due to all the negative feedback on this website.

For the one night it was fine. The toilets facilities are old, but not broken. The showers reminded me of our school's change rooms. On both occasions that I used the showers I had hot water & sufficient water pressure. I would recommend some flips flops for bathroom trips - there was a fair amount of water on the floor & there was only one chair to put your new clothes on.

The pitch was flat, and we placed ourselves closer to the river. Yes its right next to the road, but on the opposite side, the noise didnt carry too badly.

It was very overpriced at 18/night for a small tent & 2 people., but considering the alternative if 60 @ a B&B, I am not complaining.

Date of Visit: June 2006 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Munkeynutts 1 review from this member

Me and Kerri (my girlfriend) decided at the last minute to go away camping for two nights with the tent. We were, we admit, looking forward very much to using our new twin-hob Campinggaz stove! We had searched the net and decided on Norman's Bay Camping and Caravanning Club Site, but unfortunately could not get through on the phone to book. We chanced it and decided to just turn up and as expected, when we arrived, we were told that there were no standard tent pitches left. So, with a positive attitude, we set off down the road and arrived at Castle View Caravan Site. It was 12 per night for the two of us so I thought 'Fine, this will do' and we paid and drove to our pitch.

The field we were in was nice. It was a large triangular field with tents, campers and caravans pitched around the edge. On the saturday a few more tents and campers turned up and pitched in the middle of the field.

The facilities: Shower and toilet blocks leave a lot to be desired - They were dirty, lots of broken taps, a half-empty can of Carlsberg was left on the side of one of the sinks on the friday night and was still there when we left on sunday (probably Special Brew now). One of the toilets I sat on nearly fell over as the bolts had come loose from the floor, and there were no hand driers or even towels. Also, there were no sink plugs. At least the showers pumped out nice hot water. At first, I found the shower block so unwelcoming, I almost expected gas to start coming out of the shower-head.

Washing-Up Rooms: The washing-up sinks had no plugs.

On the friday night, we were awoken by the sound of horrendous cackling by a woman in a tent on the other side of the field. On saturday night a group of kids started lighting fires and set fire to two great big piles of rubbish in a corner of the field and the fire brigade turned up.

In my view, this site is well below a decent standard and seems to attract rowdy families.

Location wise, it is right next to a busy main road

Reviewer: DEVAN 1 review from this member

August 2004
I was looking forward to my first experience camping since I was a child. This campsite has put me off camping for life!! What a state! The facilities were dirty, there was rubbish everywhere and two lovely tips on site. My lovely brother and his slim wife took a look at the castle view and decided to try their luck elsewhere and lucky for them they managed to get a pitch! What's going on with castle view, it could be such a brilliant campsite, it had loads of space - This campsite is perfect for a lads camping break!!

Reviewer: Lynette

Reasonably priced with TV room (which was a god send with the Big Brother evictions going on)& a place to get breakfast/chips etc throughout the day. We have dogs and although there was no walk from the site just 5 mins away was a lovely walk to the castle.

A no frills type of site but has everything including hook ups & hot showers, would have been better with locks on the toilet doors.........

Previous     35 Reviews in total, now showing 31 to 35     Next

Write a Review of this Site to Win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Is Castle View Caravan Site child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Castle View Caravan Site?  There is a shop within 1 mile  View all facilities

Is Castle View Caravan Site dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Pevensey Bay      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in East Sussex

UKCS Meet Camping Exhibition, Wokingham 26/06 to 26/07
Approximately 100 different tents on display, and a range of camping accessories ...more