Reviews of Withy Water Caravan & Campsite

Campsite Search > UK > England > South West > Somerset > Burnham On Sea > Withy Water Caravan & Campsite Reviews

Withy Water Caravan & Campsite

Fishing On Site   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <5 miles   No Cycle Hire   Golf <5 miles   No Tennis
 Beach <5 miles   Watersports <5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring <5 miles
 No Sea Views   Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 Lakeside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  39 in total, now showing 31 to 39                 Previous 10         Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Clivey 1 review from this member

Jim and Beverley, the owners, treat you more like friends than clients, the site is very clean and tidy, and the grass is kept short and cut and collected, so no grass treading into caravan! Good mixed fishery, fish are in excellent condition following Bev's very reasonable rules. I had a section of my pole blow in the lake, and thought well I will never see that again, told Bev I had lost it, and later in the evening she appeared at our caravan door with the section! Her husband Jim had come straight from milking and found it for me! Now that's what you call service! Also must say its a very dog friendly site, as long as you are responsible of course, this was our second visit this year, and I certainly won't be going to a different site when in the area again!

Clive and Denise

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Dave and Helen 7 reviews from this member

Fantastic site, beautiful, tranquil, well maintained, easy access to the site, clean facilities, friendly helpful owners, lovely fishing lake and a relaxing stay. We had a lovely visit to this site, the grass is kept short and the site is manicured to perfection. The facilities may be portloo but I agree witht he previous review, it is the cleanest portaloo I have ever seen! the site has room for so many more than the 5 caravans but keeping numbers down means we were spoilt enjoying more space and privacy than normal. I would highly recommend a stay here I can't see how anyone could find fault with this site. We will definitely be back. Easy access to motorway and to Burnham on sea. No noise from the roads that we noticed, and we parked right next to the hedge by the road.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: BigSnorer 1 review from this member

I stayed in my tent on this site for six nights and I thoroughly enjoyed it - even though I managed to lock myself in the loo on the first night! The loo, by the way, is actually a portaloo but I have never seen one so clean. There was always loo paper and soap, and the place was spotless.

There is also a shower built into the same kind of cubicle - a portashower? I found the water was too hot for my liking and there was no temperature control for users but I accept that many people like their showers very hot.

The washing up facility is pretty basic - a stand by the water tap, with a bowl and a drainer so it wouldn't be much fun in winter but it was adequate for my needs.

There is some noise from the motorway but I did not find it intrusive and it certainly did not interfere with my sleep. However, light sleepers might not like it.

The fishing lake looks good although I don't fish.

At 8 per night, I think it was good value and I will certainly stay there again.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Nanny 22 7 reviews from this member

This is a lovely little site with very big level pitches. On arrival we were met by the very friendly owner who showed us to our pitch. No rules, just pitch whichever way you wish. Excellent fishing included in the price. Very clean facilities. We will definitely add this one to our list of favourite sites and hope to return very soon.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Zippysmart 2 reviews from this member

Fantastic little quiet site just off the m5 near to burnham on sea which is a lovely town, Weston super mare and cheddar gorge. The owner is very friendly and came to meet us and made sure everything was ok with the pitch, which it was. The pitches are very spacious and as it's a small site there was plenty of room for our toddler to play. There is a clean shower and toilet pod if you don't want to use your caravan. A lovely fishing lake on site. We stopped to say hi to family on the way down to Cornwall and back. We will definitely return when visiting family again.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Peterlesley34 1 review from this member

We arrived in the rain was met by the lady owner we discussed where was the best place to pitch as was raining hard, the ladys husband then came over to see if we were ok and offered to help us. The site is laid out well with plenty of room to spread out and plenty of room in another field to run my dogs away for other campers. The owners come round at times during the day cleaning toilet and shower and emptying the bins. Always happy and willing to chat. There is also a beautiful fishing lake on site. I am writing this review while sitting my caravan. Like this site a lot. Will definitely be coming back.

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Peterpimperton 2 reviews from this member

A little gem hidden away near Highbridge. The owners cannot do enough for you. The site is spacious to say the least and is kept in pristine condition. There is a terrific fishing lake on the site which is used but not overbusy. There is an abundance of wildlife in the area and one evening we had the pleasure of watching a fox running through the site several times.

As is to be expected of a certified location there is no toilet block but a very well positioned elsan disposal point and a water tap also nearby.

Loads of room to get in and out of the site and bags of room to manoeuvre your outfit. Dog friendly to boot what more could you ask.

Give it a try you wont be disappointed.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Angelapage 1 review from this member

When we arrived on site, we were welcomed by the owner who made us very welcome. This site has no toilet/shower blocks so own sanitation is essential, although this may be looked at at a later date.

The site is very clean and tidy throughout and the site owners could not do enough for you, always making sure that if anything was needed we only had to ask.

Your own vehicle is needed as nearest shop and pub are half an hours walk away, ok if weather is fine and you enjoy walking. Good bus route from East Hunspill into Burnham on sea yet again half an hours walk.

Will definitely go again and will highly recommend to friends and family.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Minty1661 2 reviews from this member

A small yet well presented site on a level grassed field. Has a chemical waste disposal point, fresh water and electric hookup. Good tv reception.

Friendly owners who come to greet you and give advice on local amenities. Easy access from the M5 and very close to bridgewater, burnham on sea and cheddar gorge.

Good size lake on site and only 4 per session and usually have it to yourself if site isn't full.

Would definitely go again!

Previous     39 Reviews in total, now showing 31 to 39     Next

Write a Review of this Site to Win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Is Withy Water Caravan & Campsite child friendly?  NO, this site is adult only  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Withy Water Caravan & Campsite?  There is a shop within 1 mile  View all facilities

Is Withy Water Caravan & Campsite dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Burnham On Sea      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Somerset

UKCS Meet Caravan and Motorhome Show Stratford 23/07 to 25/07
New and used motorhomes & campervans with camping on site ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2021