Visitor Reviews - Little Kings Park

Amroth
Pembrokeshire   (Browse area)
SA67 8PG

Open: 1st March To October 31st

Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant On Site   Wifi Access
 Kids Playground   TV Room   Games Room   No Evening Ents
 Fishing 5 miles   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool On Site   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding 5 miles   No Cycle Hire   Golf 5 miles   No Tennis
 Beach 5 miles   Watersports 5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring 5 miles
 Sea Views   Not Working Farm   Campfires Allowed   Not Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 5 miles  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  43 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5

Date of Visit: June 2018 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Nepts 1 review from this member

My wife and I visited this site in our campervan for 2 nights, the site is excellent it is clean, the toilets and showers were spotless. The facilities are good, lovely clubhouse/bar. The staff were very helpful and friendly when I discovered my hook up lead didn't reach the hook up point they loaned me one for free. It was so quiet after 10pm.

I would recommend this site to anyone wanting peace an quiet. We would definitely go back again!

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mjjones17 19 reviews from this member

Not normally the type of site we use as our kids are grown up and don't travel with is but on this occasion we went with family and their young kids.

What a great site, location for that area of Pembs is perfect, close to all the big attractions.

Facilities on site are second to none with great little indoor pool and play area and plenty of grassed areas as well, little on site shop is well stocked and the bar is great. Food is fantastic and atmosphere is great.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Wackie01 3 reviews from this member

Stayed for one night with an electric hook-up but wished we could have stayed longer. The price was very reasonable and the site was fab with a view to die for. The food on offer in the evening was hot, fresh and very tasty. The location was great for nearby local attractions. The staff were very friendly and informative. Will be returning in the future for a longer stay and will happily recommend; in fact, I have already recommended to friends and family.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Martyn66 3 reviews from this member

Just returned from a 3 night stay at Little Kings. Myself, my wife and my grandson (4 years old) have to say what a site. The pitch was very slightly sloping but not too much to cause any issues. We were pitched in at no 11 which was sheltered by hedges and trees. The view from our tent was spectacular looking over country side and a seascape in the on so far distance. For the 1st week of the school summer holidays the site was not full but there was a group of campers above us. The site had a nice friendly feel about it. There was a little road noise from the main road which was a good mile or so away but this is one of the advantages of this site. We have stayed on various campsites in the West Wales area but this one is the most tranquil but having great location for getting around. The beach is a short distance. We went to folly farm which is a great day out for boisterous little ones with plenty to see and do. This was literally 15 mins away when taking the main road to kilgetty.

Facilities on site are good but the shower blocks are tired with showers being 20p ( 2x 10p) which was well adequate time for my wife. Showers are hot when you get used to the controls. The new owner explained he will be refurbishing these in the near future. Washing up facilities are a little tired also.

My grandson loved the swimming pool and play area. The play area is situated at the tourer field with swings and climbing activities. I don't thing these would be appropriate for younger children.

We did not use the tavern but the menu was good and pretty reasonably priced. The shop in reception stocked essentials with the ability to order baked produce for the following day. I thought the cost of goods in the shop was reasonable and cheaper than your local Spa. Staff and owner on site were friendly and extremely helpful

Overall this is a lovely site which is well located and in a transition period with new owners. I can't wait for our next visit.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: CJT77 1 review from this member

Lovely site with loads to do for the kids and stunning tavern. Serving great beers, wines and food at great prices. New owners arrived this year and are investing a lot into the park. New massive activity playground for children apparently arriving in a few weeks. Swimming pool and other facilities are all being overhauls. Lovely to see the site changing so much 👍

Location is brilliant. Only a few miles away from some stunning coastal towns as well as narbeth and folly farm. We booked to go back this summer for 2 weeks!

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Crichbish 2 reviews from this member

Overall a well positioned nice site, friendly and helpful staff, good sized pitches, great play areas but let down by the showers and toilets, both in desperate need of investment, being cramped with old fittings, old and generally unpleasant, they were cleaned regularly but despite this they never felt clean. I don't have any objection to paying for the use of showers but I do expect them to reflect the cost in their condition. If the toilets were updated I wouldn't hesitate to return to the site, but until then will be looking elsewhere.

Reviewer: Jo p 6 reviews from this member

Was given enough information at time of booking with what we would need to bring so paying for showers etc was made clear before we paid.

The showers at the bottom of the field were not very nice but I think that was due to the families using them rather than the campsite itself. The top shower block was always clean (So we used these) The welcome was extremely warm and staff really really helpful, they went over and above with everything to make our stay a good one.

The pool was nice although having to stay with the kids who are very good swimmers and ages 13 and 14 was a pain. The Tavern was also nice and welcoming and the food was delicious the nice touch was a camera into the games room so the kids could go off and yet you could see them.

Would definitely rebook this site if visiting west wales as it is excellent value for money and a lovely well kept site with large pitches

Reviewer: Celtic rover 2 reviews from this member

Stayed here last weekend with my young son and his friend. What a fantastic place this is, we thought it was great. The statics, tourers and camping fields are separate from each other. The pitches are huge, there's a tap between each pitch, which is handy. The pool is great on a rainy day, as is the little games room, the shop is handy and the pub is lovely, food good and reasonably priced. Staff are unbelievably friendly and helpful. I was unfortunate enough to have two families pitch up in front of me and they were letting their young children run around until after midnight and they were spoken to by the Warden and asked to keep the noise down.

I don't usually feel impressed enough to ever return to a site I've stayed on, but I've got a few days off next week and, weather permitting, I'm off to see them at Little Kings for a few days.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: JulietteJ 2 reviews from this member

I visited this site recently and found I got pretty much what it said on the 'tin' or web site! The people running the site are friendly and helpful and put my friend and I next to each other as requested. As has been mentioned, you do have to pay for everything which can be a little frustrating when you forget your 10ps for the shower but you are warned about this before you get there! You will have to also pay for extra people, cars, awning etc! The 'rules' everywhere weren't really our thing either but I suppose they help keep everything 'right'! The shower block nearest us was by the camping section and had adequate showers, they were not the cleanest toilets and showers I've ever used but equally not the dirtiest either! My children loved the play equipment and we could watch them from the caravan which was great! The kids also loved the swimming pool but I think it could do with a refurb and some showers with the pool would be good! We didn't use the bar and restaurant as we had the kids and it ends up expensive. The site is in a good location, we didn't have a good view (only the play area), but you have to have the use of a car as it's very rural. I might consider another stay here but I would like to try other sites first!

Date of Visit: June 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Joandpaul111 4 reviews from this member

Booked a four night stay at Little Kings for the Jubilee weekend with group of friends. We had booked electric hookups and got a large sheltered pitch with plenty of room. It was a shame that our pitches were all in a line which is not what we booked as had wanted to be opposite each other to make a communal area but made the best of what we had!

As with regard to facilities, the shop was very basic but did bake fresh bread, croissants and pasties each day! The pool was warm but very limited changing area which caused a problem when 18 of us descended on the pool! The pub on the site was brilliant just what we needed for a rainy evening and was very child friendly and the food was reasonably priced (though we didn't eat there!).

There was only 3 toilets, 3 showers and 3 sinks which caused congestion and queues and it did get very muddy (we had terrible weather though). There was only 2 sinks to wash up in which again caused queues so a few more facilities in the camping field would be good - the bigger toilet block was at the caravan field - felt like the campers were a little forgotten.

The playground was also disappointing with the best area in the caravan field which meant the kids were out of sight so not ideal. The only play equipment in camping field was very old and more suited for toddlers.

The campsite is excellent for touring the surrounding area with excellent beaches at Amroth, Saundersfoot and Tenby. A wet day was spent a Bluestone - not the pool as the queues were massive and very expensive (35 for 4 people for 3 hours) but the activity centre which kids loved and with a brilliant restaurant attached!

With all this in mind, we had a lovely time with good friends despite terrible weather and ended up coming home early. However I wouldn't be booking this site again any time soon.

Previous     43 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Pembrokeshire

Win a 299 Clarke IG1200B Suitcase Generator! Win a Holiday at Woolacombe Bay Holiday Park

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 6 to 7th July, Derbyshire