Visitor Reviews - St Ives Farm

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > East Sussex > Site Reviews

St Ives Farm
Butcherfield Lane
Hartfield
East Sussex   (Browse area)
TN7 4JX

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Open: April To October

Families Welcome   Club Members Only   Rallies Welcome   Naturist Site
 Shop <5 miles   Bar <5 miles   Restaurant <5 miles   Wifi Access
 Fishing On Site   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <5 miles   Cycle Hire   Golf <5 miles   Tennis
 Beach   Watersports   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <5 miles  Dog Walk

Reviews:  63 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Carole rayner 1 review from this member

Just got home from a lovely week at St Ives campsite near Hartfild. On arrival we were met by David the owner who couldn't have been more helpful as we had got ourselves stuck in the mud. He soon relocated us to a better pitch. David frequently checked that everything was ok. The site got quite busy but not too noisy. Just people relaxing and enjoying their stay. We didn't see much of the kids as they were fishing with their made up rods catching little fish. Biking round the site and generally having a great time. We sat round a fire every night. Logs were purchased from David. We walked for miles every day and biked along the old railway track. The area is beautiful. We walked to pooh bridge and enjoyed a cream tea in pooh cottage cafe. All in all we couldn't fault it. The weather was also great. Only downfall. No electric and the showers were basic but David said he gets in an extra unit of showers and loos for the summer season so that sounds great

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Feordies 2 reviews from this member

We have stayed at this site 4 years running and we have always had a brilliant experience. This campsite is fairly basic in its facilities but always has hot water for showering. This children absolutely love the site as it has a lake to create various fantasy lands around, and the use of the field for general running around and wide games. The walk to the pub in Hartfield is always a winner.

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Janecee 1 review from this member

I stayed in this delightful campsite with my family for a long weekend in September 2013. It is in a beautiful, serene setting surrounding a fishing lake with gorgeous views of the surrounding countryside. The walks are wonderful and is within easy access of the pretty village of Hartfield with a choice of good pubs, a shop and playground. Ashdown Forest is close by where we spent a lovely day walking and picnicking. The atmosphere at the campsite is friendly and relaxed with many regular guests who return year after year. The owner is friendly and helpful and gives a very personal service. It is particularly special at night with campfires and we were lucky enough to be treated to a little acoustic music from an adjacent group. The showers were good, toilet block and portaloos are basic but adequate. I will definitely be back next year. My children insist too!

Reviewer: Mandml 3 reviews from this member

We have just returned home from st Ives farm. We are regular campers, uk and France. We have always been happy with our choice. Unfortunately we were disappointed with this site, we were very unlucky with the weather which didn't help, but the main issues were lack of space and facilities. One flushing mens toilet and two for the ladies over a packed bank holiday were not enough. There were also 4 porta loos, which after the first day, you don't want to use.

The other issue for us was the lack of space, a lot had been cramped in over the weekend with very large groups and their cars, it felt like we were camping in a car park. Such a shame because the views were lovely.

I'm sure on a quieter weekend things may have been different but we wouldn't return. The owner was very nice and he did try to arrange the cars so it wasn't like a car park. Maybe it just wasn't for us, but it certainly didn't live up to the other sites we are used to!

Reviewer: GPG89 7 reviews from this member

Just visited this site again for a midweek rest and the site is as peaceful as ever. Plus, I realised that because it is on a ridge, depending on where you camped, you could have totally different views.

Last visited the site in 2011 and enjoyed it. This time I think that I will have to mark it lower because of lack of toilet facilities. There are now just 2 chemical toilets (which became blocked!) whereas in 2011 there were 4, and the main toilet block for men is simply inadequate. It has 1 flushing cubicle and 2 sinks. It was also dirty. Women do better because they have 2 cubicles. There is a separate more modern shower cabin which is nice.

Perhaps I have just become spoiled by sites with great toilet and shower blocks. Otherwise, lovely laid back site around two fishing lakes in a pretty part of the country.

Reviewer: Sarahhill100 4 reviews from this member

We absolutely love this campsite and make sure we visit at least two or three times a year. The owner, is welcoming and comes round to see if you're alright / provide firewood in the morning and evening.

The facilities are basic but good, and it's a very short drive into Tunbridge Wells. There's a few lovely pubs in the area but we love the campsite so much we rarely venture out! The ability to have fires is great, and each pitch has it's own place for a fire.

I have camped here with just me and my partner, and with groups of friends including dogs and children. The kids love the lake and the dogs - well, they love the lake too. It's tranquil and relaxing, and there's lots of room.

I'm only writing a review because I felt bad not doing so, although I'd really like to keep this place to myself.

Thanks for always providing a brilliant visit.

Reviewer: TwirlingT 2 reviews from this member

Group of 6 adults, pitched 'inbetween the lakes' brilliant spot, away from the other kids, although a bit of a walk through/short cut to the toilet block from the upper field, but they were polite so no issues.

Toilets looked tired, and chemical toilets were out of the way and usable when needs must. There was only 2 toilets for ladies in the block and 1 for men, I think that this meant people used nature instead, so the edge of the lake where we had our tent did smell of urine in the heat.

There was quite a bit of litter, but I think that is more to do with the time of year, wet wipes were next to the lake and our spot had quite a few bottle caps and bits of paper blown from the fire strewn around.

All this having been said, we absolutely loved the site, it was so well situated. The owner was absolutely lovely, so helpful and polite. Not in a rush and happy to chat. We didn't want to leave.

Reviewer: Experienced camper2 2 reviews from this member

We have just returned from this site after a 2 night mid week stay, and had a very pleasant stay.

A lovely young lady came round to provide wood and take the money in her bright orange car! She cleaned the showers and toilets and did a very good job!

I didn't use the portable loos as I used the flushing toilets but my daughter informed me they were ok, my son said they are a bit grim! But he has fairly high standards!

We pitched next to the top lake and were tucked away on the edge of a field. I woke in the night surprised at how blissfully quiet it was. No road noise, great rope swing and a site which really has great potential.

My suggestion, ditch the portaloos and get Ecco loos instead! They're far prettier!Great site, great price!

Date of Visit: July 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Loreal 3 reviews from this member

Just spent another wonderful few days, as part of a large group of 6 families, at this site, having been there last summer too. We like to stay at the more basic sites, so long as they have clean toilets and working, hot showers. St Ives has both.

The surrouding area is wonderful - again we went on some lovely walks through woodland and fields to the village for chips at the pub and ice cream from the village shop. The cycle ride along the old railway to Forest Row is wonderful too.

Plenty on site for the children to amuse themselves for hours and hours.

Campfires all evening add to the experience.

Have already requested our favourite pitch area for next summer.

We have no criticism.

Would recommend this site to everyone.

Date of Visit: July 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Moonlightshadow 1 review from this member

A little apprehensive I arrived at this place not sure what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised, with beautiful open countryside that appears to go on forever it was a piece of heaven for me. I am not a fan of portable toilets but hey when in Rome.

However there are other toilet facilities and showers in a building block that were well taken care of. A washing up area that I must confess I never used so cannot say anything about.

Serene beautiful and peaceful, long walks with my dog and a cosy camp fire at night I never found anything to complain about. I will definitely be going back again very soon.

The owner was also a very nice man, easy to talk to and extremely helpful. (wood 5 pounds a bag)

Previous     63 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in East Sussex

Win a Broadlands 5A Inflatable Tent Bundle worth over 885 Win an OLPRO Shade Campervan Canopy worth 119

UKCS Meet The VolksWorld Show 23rd to 24th March, Surrey