Reviews of Atherstone Stables Caravan & Glamping Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > Central > Warwickshire > Atherstone > Atherstone Stables Caravan & Glamping Park Reviews

Atherstone Stables Caravan & Glamping Park
Atherstone Road
Atherstone
Warwickshire   (Browse area)
CV9 3QW

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Pitches: 54 Caravans

Fishing On Site   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool <1 mile   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <1 mile   Cycle Hire <1 mile   Golf <1 mile   Tennis <5 miles
 No Beach   Watersports <5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring <5 miles
 No Sea Views   Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  39 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4

Our site is open and we are taking bookings , please be assured you can book with confidence

For peace of mind of our customers and staff, we have decided to restrict our communal areas. Our toilets are Closed. Our showers are Closed. Please contact us for full details of what facilities are available.

To enquire about a booking or for more information please contact us

Date of Visit: July 2020  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Motorhome
Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  Family with older children
Reviewer: Jenuflower 1 review from this member

Booked for 6 nights left after 3 tried to contact them no response.

Pitch smelt of sewage, toilets and showers closed not contacted about or informed not happy.

Date of Visit: March 2020  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Campervan
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Sueper 13 reviews from this member

What a lovely, quiet site. We only stayed 2 nights but felt relaxed afterwards.

There are only 2 toilets and 2 showers but they were kept clean and were warm. There are a lot of pitches so there may be queues for these occasionally.

It is a short walk into Atherstone itself and we were delighted with the range of stores there.

Date of Visit: December 2019 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Taneth16 5 reviews from this member

We visited this site, having cut short a stay at another site, which we were not enjoying.

When I called to book, the lady was very helpful indeed, with the booking and accommodating us, with picking a suitable pitch etc.

On arrival, we were very happy with the security on the entrance and ease of finding the pitch. The pitches were level hard standing super pitches, each having their own electric hook up, water point etc.

We used the toilet facilities and washing up / laundry area and found them to be very clean and warm and very pleasant to use.

We found the area to be pleasant and with plenty of things to chose from to do, we chose walking, as we had our dog with us.

Overall, a really lovely and well kept site, reasonably priced, and we will definitely be returning.

Date of Visit: June 2019 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  Retired couple
Reviewer: Annparker 1 review from this member

Lovely quiet site which is very well maintained. Very big pitch with full facilities.

Big let down was the Elsan emptying point. No proper flush and blocked. Not pleasant.

Date of Visit: February 2019 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Carlarthur73 1 review from this member

I stayed here for 5 weeks and could not fault anything with this site. The pitches are the best hard-standing pitches I have ever been on over the years I have stayed in my van, and have all you need on the pitch, water, electricity, and drainage.

The whole site is super clean and tidy and very well maintained. The laundry room is spot on and I had no issues at all with doing my washing, drying, and even my ironing for a very small charge. A full load wash and dry was about 3. Really well equipped and again, super clean and tidy. I did not use the shower facilities as I used my own in my van but I doubt very much that would have been any issues.

The site has plenty of bins and a couple of eslan points and again, super clean and tidy and well looked after.

The people on site are really friendly and helpful. The shop on site has all you need if you get caught short and the park Wi-Fi is very reasonably priced and really good. I'd say it's better than most high street providers.

I really recommend this site whether it's a short weekend break to get away from it all and have some peace and quite (and it's super quiet, even heard owls for the first time in years and the donkey is hilarious when it starts lol), or a longer/resident stay like me.

This park is really good value for money for what you get and I would not hesitate to come here again, If needed.

Thanks to Vicky and the staff. A brilliant stay. You've done yourselves very proud with your site.

Thank You.

Date of Visit: November 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Bluemagpie14 1 review from this member

We stayed here for 2 nights to try it as we live quite local. Atherstone town 5 minutes drive away. A few nice dog friendly pubs within a short drive.

This is a nice quiet well kept site. Clean warm toilets and showers. Even though there were only 2 toilets and showers they are all individual.

Pitches were very large and most had drainage and water.

Camp shop was open everyday selling all necessities, bread, eggs, milk, meat and meals.

Nice dog walk near river on site.

Will definitely be back.

Date of Visit: February 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Opus-one 2 reviews from this member

Once through the impressive electric front gates everything went downhill from there.

1 Loo and shower were a long way from the pitches. Once inside the loo I had to pin myself on to the back wall to be able to close the door behind me and that's when I could get in as the loo was engaged most times I went to it.

This site is not worth the pitch price which I believe should be around 10- 16 per night. There seems to be a lot of permanent caravans on this site which is not that well kept and could be so much better. I would say the bare basics are maintained and nothing more. It is a unattended site so there are no wardens and you fend for yourself which we knew.

For the money we wont be going back.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: JACRM 31 reviews from this member

Nice well kept site.

Gated access with code emailed prior to arrival.

Level pitches, hard standing is an understatement, due to the fact you struggle to get rock pegs in for the awning.

Immaculate toilet facilities but quite a walk to get to them as they are up by the stables by the site entrance. Toilets and showers unisex.

No warden or owners on site, didn't matter to us, but if you had problem with electric etc while on site may take a while to sort.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Scoobydoo_uk 2 reviews from this member

Really enjoyed our 5 night stay at Atherstone Stables and it was such a shame to have to leave.

Easy online booking (don't forget your code for the gates)

Two toilets and showers (free) which were always kept clean and never busy, probably because of the water supply to each pitch meaning people were using their on-board facilities.

Very peaceful site with spacious hard standing pitches.

Good transport links in all directions but entrance can be easily missed, I'd recommend viewing on Google street beforehand

Date of Visit: November 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: MrsChrisParry 9 reviews from this member

Chose this site because of its location close to a meeting we went to on the Sunday. Close enough to A5 for convenient roads, far enough away from any road noise. Online booking went without problem. Key code for gate entry easy. Lovely wide spacious pitches with big oval of grass in the middle of our part, so no caravans on all sides. Only a couple of showers and toilets but we have onboard if necessary. Warm and cosy facilities though! Bought our breakfast eggs from the site. Atherstone town with all shops etc only a 2 mins drive away. Would certainly book the site again.

Previous     39 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Write a Review of this Site to Win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Is Atherstone Stables Caravan & Glamping Park child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Atherstone Stables Caravan & Glamping Park?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is Atherstone Stables Caravan & Glamping Park dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Atherstone      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Warwickshire

UKCS Meet Camping Exhibition, Wokingham 26/06 to 26/07
Approximately 100 different tents on display, and a range of camping accessories ...more