Visitor Reviews - Park Farm

Horse Riding 5 miles   No Cycle Hire   No Golf   No Tennis
 No Beach   Watersports 1 mile   No Boat Launch
 No Sea Views   Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Not Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   No Dog Walk

Reviews:  30 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10

Date of Visit: July 2019 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Group
Reviewer: Outdoor leader 1 review from this member

It's currently 1145 pm and I have never been in a noisier campsite. The resident caravaners are having parties, tellies and music at full volume and kids screaming about. Cars racing about the track at all hours. Swearing and shouting and dogs fooling everywhere, one even tried to get in my tent. Toilets and showers are chaotic even though the owner tries to keep them clean look tolls on floor etc.

Won't be coming back in a hurry!

Lots if signs saying quiet after 1030, but no one takes any notice of it and owners don't seem to do anything about it.

Date of Visit: September 2018 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Jane11s2 1 review from this member

Very impressed to begin with. Seemed a well organised site. But our first night was awful as someone outside a nearby outfit was talking until after 4am. We hoped the second night would be better but this time there was a large group playing music until 11pm. The toilets were very untidy. No paper other than a load over the floor. Lid off the bin, shower squeegee dumped in a shower, hairdryer dangling. Not impressed being told to empty our waste into the stream. We didn't. We brought it home. We also witnessed a caravanner who had been feeding the ducks all weekend, empty his chemical toilet into the stream. For a working farm I find this attitude to the countryside unacceptable. Also found it strange that there are so many permanent tourers sited with gardens and bbq huts. Odd! Won't be returning.

Date of Visit: September 2018 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Melaniehubbard 1 review from this member

Just returned from our weekend at park farm, it was ok. Beautiful views but the campsite is a little tired. Facility's are grubby and not maintained through the day. It is a working farm but for the price you pay I was expecting better. Wouldn't revisit. Would use a different site in future. Not worth the money.

Date of Visit: July 2018 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Twptwp 4 reviews from this member

I stayed there for a few nights, which included a weekend. It took me a long time to find the place after I'd got to Crickhowell, because my satnav took me to the wrong place after I'd given it the NP8 1HT postcode. I gather my experience was not unique, so I'd advise you do some research before travelling! One has to go down Park Drive in Llangattock, and that starts at the Horse Shoe Inn, which is where the locals will direct you to, though it is very easy to drive past the pub without noticing it.

Although with hindsight, some reviews do mention the size of the site, I'd not realised quite how big it is. It basically consists of a very large elongated loop road, with caravans on the grass around the outside of it, where there are electric hookups, and tents in the middle, grass, area. Parking on the grass is approved and indeed essential. The farm (where one registers) and the toilet, shower and washing up buildings are at the far end of the loop relative to where you enter the site. The middle area is so wide that when the site is busy, there is some danger that other tents and vehicles will box you in, so I opted to be relatively close to the loop road. I had a minor problems getting tent pegs in due to them occasionally hitting tree roots, and birds sitting on the tree branches crapping on the car during the night.

In the men's block, there were about four showers, three wash basins, and adequate toilets. There is a soap dispenser and a hand drier. I thought the showers were good: they are well-designed, with a curtain between the shower itself and the drying area, and adequate hooks and seats. The water temperature was fine. Separately, there are two sinks for washing up, but every time I tried to use them in the evenings, the water was cold.

There is a notice in the toilet block saying no music after 10. 30pm; I'd have taken that to mean no loud talking either, but a group of girls in the middle of the park didn't seem to think so, and there didn't seem to be any monitoring of the site to stop them.

I had no problems with mobile phone coverage on O2 or Three.

I noticed other reviews say it's a 10-15 minute walk in to Crickhowell. I didn't investigate it as I had a car, but it seemed too far to be convenient for eg a quick trip on foot for milk or sandwiches.

The cost for me, a tent and a car was £7 per night. Overall, it was OK: decent value for money, and I'd stay there again, though I personally prefer somewhat smaller sites.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Burcyluton 7 reviews from this member

Ok so here are the greats:

- location

- site, lovely views

- owners really helpful and take time to pass the time of day with you

- price, £7 per adult and £5 per night ehu

Not so great:

- toilet facilities, very grubby

- farm side looked like it had seen better times, lots of stuff everywhere, so looked untidy

Fyi its cash or cheque, no card.

Shop sold the basics, over the bridge in Crickhowell great bakers and butchers.

Really dog friendly place, even in the bakery for a cooked breakfast!

Pub has just re-opened at the end of the road, really nice and friendly. We will return to the site - but gonna pack extra cleaning products just in case.

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Icornish 3 reviews from this member

Site was selected mainly for it's location. Easy to access from main roads but still remote enough to be in the country.

Very pleasant site with stream to entertain younger ones. Pet friendly, but despite signage, lots of dogs roaming free, though fair play to the owner, he does tell the owners off. Shame they re-offend.

Main issue was two groups of campers and loud music competitions at gone midnight. Poor farmer had been hassled by a few people about that and he did stop both groups from repeating the following night.

Toilets ok. Washing/drying facility Ok, shop reasonable and good bacon and sausages in the shop.

Showers hot but the general upkeep left little to be desired. And there is only one small block for entire site which is a heck of a hike from the far end of the site.

Site prices are currently 7 per adult and 5 per child and 5 for ehu.

There is no children's play area on site but there is one about 2 minutes walk down the drive.

Date of Visit: November 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Kamey 1 review from this member

Stunning views from this beautiful site.

What a shame the toilet facilities are so poor. The filthy disabled shower was enough to put anyone off.

Dirt on the floor was there for days and the baby change is disgusting.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Needsfamily 3 reviews from this member

Just gotten back from this amazing site!

Right I'm going to have to go through points because are so so so many!

Location, fabulous, just off the main road and up its own private drive (which is VERY bumpy so don't be surprised if things are moved around in trailers and caravans!). Close to Crickhowell and Abergevenny for shops it couldn't be better. The views are to die for, and the view changes hour by hour as the light plays on the surrounding mountains. Brecon beacons are not far as is Tretower, and other varied attractions.

Cost £44 for two nights, which covers 2 adults, 1 child 2 dogs and EHU, which has just gone up in price to £4 a night.

Site, one road in one road out so probably not suited to something needing a large turning circle. The second field is connected to the main field for pedestrian (and canine) traffic by a small footbridge which is quite hidden (its half way up and tucked away). Do not be surprised if a car is driving across the field so keep children and animals close to hand just in case. We were in the second field with a hook up, we were in a tent and the pegs where a little hard to get in as the site is quit rocky. The pitches are very good sizes if you have an EHU we fit our tent, trailer and car into our pitch, (pitches have no boundary in the open field)if you have reserved a EHU pitch your name is attached to a small scaffolding pole in the ground.

The small stream running through the site provided countless hours of fun for both my human and fur children. Our akita has 'learnt' to 'swim' in the deeper part, through the gate in the cow field (they where wayyyyy away before we attempted it!). There is also a rope swing close to the toilet blocks, but its looking ropey so no way was I letting my very accident prone daughter on it. Also Llangattock Beechwood, which leads through to Crickhowell is 'attached'to the site, great for walking the dogs and exploring as there are wooden sculptures in there. The play park is a 10 minute walk and is well stocked with play equipment.

The owner patrolled the site regularly in his car/truck/mule (vehicle not animal), so was pretty visable to report problems to.

Dogs must be kept on leads at all times, and it is clearly stated around the park. However, some dog owners didn't adhere to this and there dogs where roaming, with livestock near by this really got me as both of ours were either in there crates or on leads beside us. Also, be aware locals walk there dogs in the woods so there may be dogs coming out of there.

Facilities, (hell of a long walk at 5am from the bottom of the site to the top!) basic but clean and tidy. Ladies showers where cleaned at least three times a day, my husband went up at 10pm and they(the mens) where being cleaned then. The pot room and laundry are small but perfectly formed yes the pot room is a squeeze but I have been in smaller! The bins are close by but you have to negotiate your way across a part of the farm yard to reach them just be mindful of scattered farm equipment.

Noise levels are meant to be down by 10:30 Pm but we suffered with noise both nights of our stay, so wont be surprised if this happens again.

There are some semi static caravans on site and the people using them are in general very kind and helpful.

All in all an amazing site and we will be using it again, because its not far from where we live, but far enough from home to have a break!

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Lizgwynn 8 reviews from this member

Very well located campsite near Llangattock and short pretty walk to Crickhywel. The site is beautiful and surrounded by mountains and has established large trees interspersed throughout main field.

The owners are very relaxed and allowed us to pitch our tent in between two touring caravans as we had a hookup. We were next to the water supply and short walk to toilet and shower block. The pitch was spacious and our car was on the hard standing next to us which was very convenient.

The ground is quite rocky due to position but very well drained a bonus this summer.

At times the toilets although clean were left in a bit of a state by people using-toilet roll straggled along floor in places. -no need as there were ample bins provided-not owners fault.

We had a very pleasant stay and look forward to going back next year.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Campingreview 2 reviews from this member

What an amazing campsite! Surrounded by mountains, buzzards overhead, rare throughshes around us, well kept grass and lovely flowers. The loos and showers were more than adequate, lots of lovely hot water, disabled facilities, a microwave and kettle and a dryer, and a separate room for washing up. Only negative points, no loo paper when we arrived (provided later), the bins were never sorted, and sadly for such avid recyclers, there were no recycling facilities. But perfect position, near the canal for wonderful walks, walking distance into Crickhowell for shops, and scenery to die for. We will certainly return.

Previous     30 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Powys

Win a Buzz Quattro Tilting 4 Bike Carrier Win a Best of British Holiday worth up to £175!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 15th to 18th August, E Yorks
The biggest tribute band music festival in the world! Use promo code “tribukcampsite” to save 10% on Weekend Camping Tickets! ...more