Visitor Reviews - Little Wood Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > Central > Gloucestershire > Chipping Sodbury > Little Wood Park Reviews

Little Wood Park
Mapleridge Lane
Chipping Sodbury
Gloucestershire   (Browse area)
BS37 6PB

Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Adults Only   Not Members Only   Rallies Welcome   Not Naturist Site
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   No Wifi Access
 No Fishing   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding 5 miles   No Cycle Hire   No Golf   No Tennis
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   No Dog Walk

Reviews:  39 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4

Date of Visit: September 2018 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Thehoyles 4 reviews from this member

Stayed here for one night at end of September

Booked over telephone and they advised that there was construction work happening at the front of the park, but that didn't affect us as nearly done.

Brand new Sanitary block with washer driers.

£20 for 1 night with EHU

Good value

Lots of plots taken by permanent residents though.

I wouldn't hesitate to use again though.

Adult only, hence child friendliness N/A

Date of Visit: May 2018 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: THE EAGLES HEAD 2 reviews from this member

I have never given a site a bad review but I feel I have to on this one. The two previous reviews have it spot on. What I can add is they say about the shop one and a half miles what they don't say is that any walk is on busy main roads. I backed in one site and the slabs broke up. In the wash room the tap come off in my wifes hand and could not regulate the shower. It was a complete rip of at £21 50 a night. Don't believe the photos on the internet that must have been before the revamp had started. I stopped one night but had paid for four and went to another site. I must stress most strongly for people to believe the two previous reviews on this page. Dave

Date of Visit: October 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: LizzyS62 1 review from this member

This site is a complete mud bath. No problem with building works near entrance as improvements have to be made but the touring site area is appalling. The roadway is full of muddy water filled potholes. The hardstandings are not wide enough for a caravan and awning so you end up on muddy grass. The water pipe was lying on the floor and the electric was very dodgy and kept cutting out which meant having to reset everything in the caravan. There was plenty of hot water in the shower block but the electric invariably went off in the evenings so you couldn't use the block as there was no lighting. The owners/managers did not seem to be very interested. Seems to be popular with seasonable workers who leave very noisily before 6am every morning.

Date of Visit: October 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Anthony7 4 reviews from this member

I was advised when I booked(a non-returnable booking fee of £10 per night was required)that there was some building work taking place at the entrance but the caravan area was fine. The site is extremely poor. It bears no relation to the advertised 'gallery' of pictures on their website. The access 'road' through the site to the pitches is muddy, with numerous potholes which at this time of year were full of water. Yes, there were waste water points nearby to the pitches and fresh water taps however the standard of cleanliness was extremely dubious to say the least. There was rubbish lying about in various places around the site and on the pitch alongside ours there were five different large plastic containers strewn around. I did not venture inside the toilet block, I dreaded to think what I would find. The chemical toilet emptying point consisted of a lavatory pan located on an open piece of land with no fencing around and completely open to view, in fact there was a caravan sited on a pitch alongside. Having had to pay the non refundable deposit of £70 together with a further £80 on arrival I was none too pleased with the appalling state of this caravan park. Having been able to assess the site, I attempted on several occasions to speak to the owner but had difficulty in locating him. On arrival I was not informed as to how to contact him if the need arose and I was in fact met by a workman engaged on the building work of holiday lodges. As I had several engagements whilst in this area I was unable to spend much time in locating the owner to express my distress in the poor standards and lack of maintenance exhibited. It appeared all efforts were being put into the new venture of holiday lodges to the total detriment of the caravan site! At £21. 50 per night it can only be described as a rip off. I had partly booked this site also with a view to booking a seasonal pitch for 2018 - thank heavens I visited.

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Roma07 21 reviews from this member

An adult only site with a pleasant rural feel. The B4060 is close by but did not disturb us much over May Day bank holiday weekend. I rang to book and by prepaying was given a code to enter the iron entrance gates. I was forewarned that the site is undergoing some major work, but it didnít affect our part of the site. It looks as if new large chalets are being installed, and the access tracks are currently uneven, but quite passable (weather being dry).

The hardstanding pitches are generous and had plentiful taps and EHU. There is a grass pitch area, and quite a number of seasonal caravans.

The washroom and shower facilities were mostly good, bar one loose hot tap, and nicely heated. Two showers in each of menís and womenís areas had plenty of hot water. The small pool was not in use at the time, and may not survive the changes.

Chipping Sodbury is an attractive town with a Waitrose, cafes and pubs. We walked the Cotswold Way footpath to the village of Tormarton and had a tasty lunch at the village pub, 'The Majorís Retreat'.

The only downside was the tariff of £21. 50 per night, a tad expensive; there was no mention of a booking fee when I rang (see website) and I canít see why any campsite should charge one.

Date of Visit: November 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Harryajh 10 reviews from this member

Well. The difference between the pictures on their website and the reality of the site is beyond description. None of the facilities advertised were available to use - OK you wouldn't expect an open air swimming pool to be open in November but the rest of it was dire too. The social area was not usable - no aerial in the TV! The WiFi was very poor too. We were told that there was some building work going on but we didn't expect this. You are asked to clean the loo after use - that's fine but the brush in one of the loos was disgusting. Wish I could put a picture of it. The site is close to a very busy road. You need a car to go anywhere. No one was there to greet us or give us the code to the gate. We were even asked to pay a booking fee! Never, ever again.

Date of Visit: April 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Henryfox 11 reviews from this member

We stayed over Easter, the site is in a great location for exploring the local area and there are good dog walks very close by.

We arrived in glorious sunshine and were so excited to be visiting this site for the first time, the website made it look amazing. It was more expensive than we would normally pay but thought we would treat ourselves. Sadly it wasn't much of a treat the site was in the middle of a major refurb and there was mud everywhere it didn't look anything like the pictures on the website.

We had many problems and the owners were great and very apologetic about the mess, they did say they were going to put a message on their website stating they was work going on on site but sadly I they haven't. I would suggest you ask before you book if the building work is complete.

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Tall Ali 13 reviews from this member

Really nice sized, well defined pitches, level and almost all on gravel, so well drained. No pitch is far from drinking water tap and waste water drainage.

Indoor swimming pool nice and warm, although so small that it would feel crowded with more than 2 swimmers. Grass a bit long to play on the putting green, but croquet kit also available free. Social room with library corner, seating, darts and table tennis a nice touch.

Showers and loos immaculate, Just a bit mystified by a lovely disabled access wetroom. That is up 3 steps! Such a shame, only needs ramp access to the block and this would be a facility to advertise, particularly on an adults only site that tends to attract the older generation.

Not good in this day and age to come across a site with no recycle facility other than glass.

A little odd that our custom was initially going to be turned away for the first night we wanted to book. Not until I said we'd find another site for all 5 nights, was an effort made to accommodate us. Friendly enough welcome on arrival however.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Andy nevs 1 review from this member

Very friendly welcome from owners and our pitch was lovely and separated from next door by a small hedge. We had plenty of room for the dogs although the site is so quiet we felt a little anxious if they barked in case they disturbed anyone else. The site itself is immaculately clean and manicured and really peaceful. The toilet facilities are spotless and we had good wifi coverage on our pitch but think if you were further away from reception you would have a problem. There are some lovely walks nearby and a huge nature reserve about a 20 min walk away which is well worth a visit.

We decided to try this site as our 7 year old was away elsewhere that weekend and would definitely return if we are ever set free again.

If they ever decided to allow well behaved children as well as well behaved dogs I think we would be heading there every time the sun came out.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Lynm 83 reviews from this member

I really don't understand an earlier review that said very negative things about this site. It is a lovely peaceful place to be. From the moment we arrived until we left we were treated with warmth and tons of help. This is a very friendly place with happy hallos from many seasonal & touring campers.

The owners have and are continuing to work hard to enhance the site and the gardens are to dies for. Our pitch was a recently updated full service pitch more than big enough to accommodate our van, awning & car with space left over. Behind us were trees with bluebells growing under them. Flowers planted everywhere. When we arrived the owners offered to help us pitch by pushing us onto the pitch but hubby likes his motor mover too much for that to happen!

The washing and showering facilities were spotless at all times and showers were free and I felt very roomy, (I am not Twiggy by any means!).

The indoor pool whilst not a full size was good & I can't wait to revisit to try the outdoor pool. The social room had lots of info, books, table tennis, pool etc in it. Yes it is old but again spotlessly clean. The owners are trying to have a social scene at weekends to enable campers to mingle and be friendly, a lovely idea. We went to the Bingo arranged on Sunday night and had a great time rounded off by me winning the jackpot of £50!

I only heard the dog kennels once and that was hardly anything. The gun place yes but it is the countryside. We were visited by pheasants and pigeons.

About a couple of miles away there is a Waitrose on the edge of Chipping Sodbury. This is a nice little town with one or two interesting shops and lots of eaterers. In particular an old fashioned butches from which we bought meat which was first class!

Yate which is a mere 2 or so miles from the site has all the supermarkets and a retail park if you like that sort of thing. Opposite B& Q in Yate is the fish & chip shop Pisces which we were directed to by the owners. Really worth a visit. Everything is cooked as you order it. Yummy!

We visited Bath using the park & ride, again recommended and glad we did. A nice place but be prepared for the crowds.

We also went to Dyrham Park a NT property and lovely grounds.

All in all we had a wonderful stay at this wonderful site. For us it is THE place to stay at in the area, you really won't be disappointed.

Previous     39 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Gloucestershire

Win a Buzz Quattro Tilting 4 Bike Carrier Win a Best of British Holiday worth up to £175!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 15th to 18th August, E Yorks
The biggest tribute band music festival in the world! Use promo code ďtribukcampsiteĒ to save 10% on Weekend Camping Tickets! ...more