Visitor Reviews - Country View Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Somerset > Site Reviews

Country View Caravan Park
Sand Road
Sand Bay
Weston Super Mare
Somerset   (Browse area)
BS22 9UJ
Tel: 01934 627595

Open: March To January

No Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 Shop <1 mile   Bar On Site   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 Kids Playground   No TV Room   Games Room   Evening Entertainment
 Fishing 1 mile   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool 5 miles   Outdoor Pool On Site
 Horse Riding 1 mile   No Cycle Hire   Golf 1 mile   Tennis 5 miles
 Beach 1 mile   Watersports 1 mile   Boat Launch / Mooring 5 miles
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  55 in total, now showing 31 to 40                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Camper1234578 2 reviews from this member

Very clean and well kept campsite.

Good facilities. Nice pool. Friendly staff. Expensive at 29 quid per night for a basic pitch.

The on site Camp bar can result in rowdy campers on Fri / Sat nights.

Fencing means the walk to the toilets are twice as long as they should be.

Lots of lighting around the site so don't expect much stargazing or dark nights.

Small points but would improve the overall camp experience.

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Crowman 1 review from this member

Just got back from a great weekend here, the site is immaculate. We were on the new field and lovely flat pitches. Toilet block has to be seen to be believed. The swimming pool was clean and warm and the kids playground was well looked after, we had a great time and the owners are friendly people too. Would recommend it to anyone. There's a decent playroom for the kids too with a pool table and some arcade machines, we did have the weather with us and had a good few hours in and around the pool.

Keycoded access to get on the site too, so that's nice as well.

A really well looked after site that I'll look forward to going back to later this year.

Date of Visit: January 2013 Unit:  Other
Reviewer: Site Owner

Please note, in May/June 2012 we opened a brand new campsite, in another field with new facilities, access etc and discontinued use of the old field for tourers / campers, so parts of reviews prior to this date may no longer be relevant to the current site.

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Dingo853 2 reviews from this member

The weather man said that the Saturday was going to be a nice sunny day so we decided to go down to Weston Super Mare for the weekend, I left it a little late though and only began my search for a pitch on the Friday. I telephoned the site and a man answered the phone who I believe is the owner of the site. I asked him if he had a pitch for a 32ft Winnebago motorhome. He told me that although all of the touring pitches were taken if I wanted I could park up on the access road for the tent site as there were no tents booked in which I thought was really good of him.

We rocked up at Saturday lunchtime and the owner met us at reception and booked us in and then showed us where to park. He was a really pleasant and helpful guy and explained everything to me. Although we are self sufficient with the motorhome we always check out the facilities at the parks and everything here looked good and clean and tidy.

We then walked up to the end of the road and caught the open top double decker bus into Weston which my step-daughter thought was brilliant. Arrived back from Weston about 8. 30 pm and went to the on site bar for a couple of drinks and this is a nice little bar with pleasant staff serving.

All in all we thought that this was a very nice site and would definitely use it again.

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Edmund the Moocher 11 reviews from this member

When I telephoned to see if there was availability, I was delighted that there were pitches available, with electric hook up. I informed the owner that I would be arriving after 6pm on Friday (due to work) and he was very helpful and informed me this was not a problem. I informed him it would be 18:30 arrival. He was very polite and said I would need to pay by credit card to secure the pitch, that's all.

Arriving at 18:15, I realised that security at the site is high (which is a good thing), but I required a code for the barrier and did not know where to pitch. There was no one around, so I telephoned the 'emergency number' on the reception door. A mobile: but to no avail, I only received a standard vodafone answer machine. So I telephoned the main land number, which I had done after 6pm the day before. Again, an answer phone: Nonetheless, another number was provided: As instructed, I telephoned that number, only to be engaged with a not so happy owner, who stated that if I was late, this was 'my fault' and I just 'had to wait!' He terminated the call.

Thankfully, after 30 minutes waiting, I did track down a 'night-team' person, as they were referred as. My children and wife were very upset and wishing to set up and play, a delay that was not welcomed when you first arrive.

But not to distract from a lovely site: excellent pitches, excelent views, fantastic toilet block and fabulous location. The outdoor pool is warm and after a rather poignant welcome, we really enjoyed the remainder of our stay. Although a noisy neighbour (I wished the night team patrolled at night!) our stay was lovely.

I would recommend coming here: but I strongly urge you arrive on time, or get a code if late.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Alan F Camper! 6 reviews from this member

We stayed here for the first time. This park has recently opened up a second touring area with a brand new, scrupulously clean shower and toilet block. There are also laundry and dishwashing facilities, also kept clean. Pitches on this part of the site are quite well spaced apart, and most had electric hook-up.

Although the bar is only open a few hours at the weekend, we didn't use it because I don't like weak bitter or generic lager. Parts of the park are prone to flooding, but this only seemed to be a problem because of the unusually bad storms.

Some of the posters here complained of a limited bus service, but there are two bus operators who run summer timetables up to 11. 00pm or longer, so I don't understand why there appears to have been a transport problem. It is a fair walk to the village, around 20 mins via a safe beach path, but there is a great pub (the New Inn), Chinese takeaway, fish and chips etc. The village shop shuts around six. There is also a hotel at the other end of the beach, the Commodore, which is open to the public for drinks and meals.

If you don't have a car you can purchase a weekly bus ticket from the driver which is great value if you want to go into town regularly.

Overall, a great site, despite the lack of a shop or longer pub hours. Would definitely come back here again.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Bevlar 3 reviews from this member

This is a lovely little site, very relaxed and clean.

A very warm welcome on arrival with all the info that is needed for the site ie: reception opening times, pool & key code for barrier.

The swimming pool is open 10-6 dependent on weather but was used daily by all the kids and there is sunbeds provided for the sunbathers/supervisors as all kids need to be supervised, please note no lifeguards, this is stated in the info pack on arrival.

The toilets/showers, laundry room and washing area were always clean and not very busy but maybe this would be different if the site was full to capacity.

The dog walk is right next to the tent pitches but there is no bins provided for doggy bags so make sure you still clean up and take it back with yourselves. Dogs are also allowed on the beach which is no more then 5minutes from the site and it was like a doggy meet up at night.

There is a village shop and if you go via the beach it is pavement all the way by going that way you also pass a chinese/chip shop which we used and was very nice, they will also deliver to the site.

Noise was not allowed after midnight but by about 10/11ish it was quiet anyway.

All in all this is a lovely site and we would definitely return.

Date of Visit: July 2012 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Jeff whelton 1 review from this member

Very clean and well kept site with very friendly staff. We were situated in the smaller camping area, plenty of room between caravans/motorhomes.

Toilet block, showers etc very clean and always plenty of hot water. A small shop would be an advantage to motorhome users without separate transport, a good bus service available but only up to 6pm.

Quite a long walk to the few local shops on very narrow roads. On site club house only open on weekends, that was disappointing.

Would certainly return to this site.

Date of Visit: June 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mick colley 2 reviews from this member

Great site really helpful owner

A brand new touring field with new toilets

A short walk to beach although no shops or ice cream vans it made a nice change just to play on the sand. The road does get a bit tricky by the site but if you take your time its no problem.

We had a great weekend

Shop only opens between certain times for ice creams and beer n wine but we go fully equipped

Barriers into site provide security

Local shops are only 10 minutes away

Weston is just around the bay please try the new pier the go-carts are ace

Management response: In May/June 2012 we opened a brand new campsite, in another field with new facilities, access etc and discontinued use of the old field for tourers / campers, so parts of this review may no longer be relevant to the current site.

Date of Visit: May 2012 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Tim/laura 1 review from this member

Cannot fault this site whatsoever. Spotlessly clean, new facilities and very helpful staff.

We arrived just after the 8pm cut off, however, we were personally shown to our plot by the site Manager Mike. Lovely spot backing onto a fence on the boundary of the field. The pich wasn't fully serviced, however you were never far from a waste or water point. Pitch was very level and had plenty of room.

The club house is small, but welcoming with an easy atmosphere and friendly people.

The outdoor pool was opened for the first time this season whilst we're we there and it was good, but had a limited number of chairs so if you want to guarantee a seat, then take your own, which to be honest isn't a drama.

There is a beach which is a 2 minute walk away, but it's a conservation beach and not a commercialised one, extremely peaceful with hardly anyone on it, which was total bliss.

Local shop is a good 20mins walk away, which on a good day is actulally quite nice, however we made the mistake of not wearing any sun cream for journey and regretted it afterwards.

In June they have opened a new camping field on the site for holiday makers and have left the other field for seasonal tourers etc. Which means the new field has new facilities and if they a anything like the current ones, then they will be spotless.

We've booked to go back for a few days in late July already as we were so impressed and are also considering using it as a stop off point when we are on route to Devon.

The only low point would be that they could benefit from having a little shop on site for essentials as we didn't have a car with us to drive anywhere locally, however we managed.

Overall, we were happy enough to book at this site again whilst we were there and would fully recommend it to anyone of any age.

Previous     55 Reviews in total, now showing 31 to 40      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Somerset

Win a 299 Clarke IG1200B Suitcase Generator! Win a Holiday at Woolacombe Bay Holiday Park

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 6 to 7th July, Derbyshire