Reviews of Buckle Holiday Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > South East > East Sussex > Seaford > Buckle Holiday Park Reviews

Buckle Holiday Park
Marine Parade
Seaford
East Sussex   (Browse area)
BN25 2QR
Tel: 01323 897 801

Open:

No Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 Shop <1 mile   Bar On Site   Restaurant <1 mile   No Wifi Access
 Fishing On Site   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Beach On Site   No Watersports   No Boat Launch
 Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Not Open All Year
 Coastside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  73 in total, now showing 51 to 60                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8

To find out if we're taking bookings please contact us

Date of Visit: July 2009 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Laza24OG 1 review from this member

This campsite is an excellent campsite. The pitches are very spacious. When I went I loved it. I have been there three times already and am going next on July 2009 and I plan to go again.
The campsite is right next to the sea. The sea is a lovely pebbled beach. The campsite is very friendly and you are left to get on with your own things with no hassle.
There is a toilet block and a washing up bay. If I were you I would bring a bowl, a scour, washing up liquid and a brush. Although a brush is usually provided. The toilets are good condition. There is also three showers for men and three for the women. The showers last time I went were ok. They had cubicle and lockable doors. However they were not very powerful and you cant control the temperature although it is ok. Maybe a bit hot for young ones.
Security is good. Cars require a fob to get in. Pay a 20 deposit for a fob.
There is a supermarket about 5 minutes drive away. Infact there is two. A morrisons along the village. And sainsburys somewhere on the A road close by.

Last thing I want to say is about fishing. Seaford is an excellent place to fish for mainly mackerel. However other fish can be fished here too. The mackerel here come in vast schools and respond best to silver lures and spinners, coloured feathers did not work, as we found out in the first day of fishing there. Between three of us over 3 days we caught over 100 mackerel.

Overall I really recommend buckle campsite.

Date of Visit: May 2009 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: TrouserTowers 1 review from this member

Amazing weather may have helped, but we thought this was a great site. Four families and we all managed to get pitches next to each other.

Trains were infrequent and very useful for going up and down coast. Lovely lady in office very helpful with gas cannister refill advice.

Football goals and basketball hoop provided. Beach (shingle) near enough to run back for forgotten items or lunch at tent.

Showers basic but liveable, also no queues when I went, 7am.

Sea does shelve quite steeply, so only good for confident swimmers I would say. Nice to watch sailing club in action too.

20 min walk into Seaford for chips to eat on beach recommended. Also Morrisons for provisions.

Good location for other attractions had the weather not been so good to us.

Date of Visit: May 2009 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: Pinkjinx 1 review from this member

What a beautiful site, didn't get a chance to visit the clubhouse. The site itself is a stone's throw from the beach. Lovely flat pitches, really friendly staff, and friendly site regulars. I have fallen in love with camping all over again.

I took my dog, and 4 children for a long weekend. We didn't go further than a walk into Seaford (about a miles walk with a good range of shops), and I didn't hear a chorus of we're bored once! Perfectly situated for a peaceful weekend away, and a short drive into the hustle and bustle if you so desire! Lovely pebbly beach, so don't forget your beach shoes! If you like rock pooling, a short walk to the pier near Newhaven will present you with a few, I have been reliably informed!

The site is basic, but more than adequate, I notice some people were less than impressed with the site's facilities, but I found them to be clean and working. We are booking another long weekend for June, and can't wait to go back.

Date of Visit: May 2009 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Keithwilliams 4 reviews from this member

Spent 2 nights at this site over the May day bank holiday weekend 2009.

We were given a friendly welcome by the staff at the reception, who were well organised. The site is nicely divided up into sections for static vans, mobile vans, motor homes & a separate area for tents.

The tent area has pitches for smaller tents on one side with larger tents on the other. All laid out very well with numbered pitches.

The toilet/shower block is centrally placed so convenient for everyone. Although 'basic', the showers & toilets are spotlessly clean & look well maintained. The showers (3 in the mens, 3 in the ladies) were not especially powerful but were hot.

There is a train line running alongside the site, but the trains were quiet & didn't disturb us at all.

The site is nicely placed between Newhaven & Brighton & is right on the beach with a path leading up & over the sea wall. After a day out it was lovely to muck about on the (shingle) beach with the kids before dinner. I'd recommend a day out in Brighton. Also check out Newhaven Fort.

Overall, I'd recommend this site to others & would go back again myself.

Date of Visit: April 2009 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Islejan 2 reviews from this member

Only spent one night as we were catching Newhaven Dieppe ferry, Good location next to a shingle beach,

A rather scruffy site with a lot of touring vans that clearly did not move.The shower block was very basic, with a trickle of lukewarm / cold water. The rubbish bins were overflowing, although to be fair it could have been dustman day the next day. Also expensive 17.50 a night in April ?

Would not go back.

We did not have time to check out any of the nearby facilities.

Date of Visit: September 2008 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Robert67 4 reviews from this member

Have just revisited this site for first time in 5 years having stayed here very frequently while site was run by original owners.

Was a tad apprehensive at first as new owners have installed static vans that adorn 50% of site grounds.

However tourers and statics are well separated and neither infringes on each other.

I found the new owners very friendly and improvements include a new in/out barrier system and access to the beach is now a proper tarmac path instead of scrambling the sea wall like in the old days!

My only criticism is of the toilet block although kept very clean it is still very basic and dated but don't let this put you off as Buckle still retains its charm and charisma as always.

The situation of this site is second to none it being next to the sea and Seaford adorns lovely shops pubs restaurants and breathtaking scenery.

Take the seafront path to Newhaven takes half hour each way or stroll the other way to Seaford town takes the same time.

Date of Visit: August 2008 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Yummy mummy 3 reviews from this member

Nice people. Having been let down and grumped at by another site in Brighton we were delighted to find this old fashioned site having driven six hours to get to the area. Yes its a bit dated but I love it as I camp for peace not flumes and bingo. Trains by site were cute and not intrusive and a real boon being able to jump on the train have a fab meal and wine in Brighton and train back home. Oh and gosh how cute are the rabbits onsite and in the station.Peak return was 6 30.

Helpful family run site, with info. Was a bit scared by the sea level being above the site but all was well. We were in the new field which was nice and open. You can book which is a bonus if you are coming from far. I was really sad about the lack of respect shown by campers leaving papers on floor of loos and a mess generally, not my experience usually camping in Devon and Cornwall. But cleaned nicely each day by staff.
Liked Old Hastings check out tapas bar there. Good pub in Seaford near site does fantastic food for 2 for 6. In Brighton Fat Leos is the cheapest great Italian I have found . Yep the diet is on.Oh 15 quid all in is good as no sneaky add ons like some. Will be back but would like less wind and some sun

Date of Visit: August 2007 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Nusajays 2 reviews from this member

The site is right next to the shingle beach but down a bank so sheltered from the sea breezes. It was flat and the facilities were fine.

The reception was friendly and helpful. The town is within walking distance with some great places to eat - The Golden Palace, Thai and Diella's , Italian. The Golden Galleon was great too although this was a short drive out the other side of the town. For takeaway Chinese we went to the Mayflower and were very happy.

If I have a complaint it is the proximity of the train track. It is up a bank but still managed to keep me awake quite late and early in the morning.

I would probably not return there because of this.

Date of Visit: July 2008 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: CREAKY 7 reviews from this member

Good location, a quick walk over the bank onto the shingle beach. A 10 minute stroll along the prom takes you into Seaford town.

Very dated facilities, but adequate. The only gripe I had with this tired looking site was that 85% of the touring pitches were seasonal, complete with wooden decking etc, & the speeding of cars onto these pitches!

Date of Visit: August 2008 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: C.C.M. 6 reviews from this member

We have just arrived back from a camping weekend (pride weekend) at a very full Buckle Caravan Park.

The toilet block was clean and the showers were a bit of a trickle but warm. The greeting we received was friendly and welcoming and when we asked about trains were given loads of travel advice and directions. The train station is about 5 minutes slow walk away and so is the bus stop, both run directly to Brighton. A train line runs along one end of the site but the 4 carriage train runs so slowly that it's not a disruption. The sea is a few steps away, we could hear the waves from our tent (what better sound could there be??!). There is a huge pub on the site which we had a drink at one night, great for a rainy day. Nearby (about 2 miles) is Newhaven Port for ferries to France, and a large Sainsburys, Halfords etc.

All in all a great site, I would definitely visit again and are in fact planning a trip there again in a few weeks.

Previous     73 Reviews in total, now showing 51 to 60      Next

Write a Review of this Site to Win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Is Buckle Holiday Park child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Buckle Holiday Park?  There is a shop within 1 mile  View all facilities

Is Buckle Holiday Park dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Seaford      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in East Sussex

UKCS Meet Beat at Tencreek 60s Weekend 09/10 to 11/10
A three day concert dedicated to the sounds of the Swinging Sixties set in Looe in Cornwall. Weekend Camping Available ...more