Visitor Reviews - New Beach Holiday Park ( Park Holidays Uk)

Campsite Search > UK > England > South East > Kent > Dymchurch > New Beach Holiday Park ( Park Holidays Uk) Reviews

New Beach Holiday Park ( Park Holidays Uk)
Hythe Road

Pitches: 131 Basic, 75 Electric, 77 Static Caravans
Open: 29/03 To 03/11

No Tents   No Caravans   No Motorhomes   No Glamping Units
 Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 No Electric Hookups   No Hardstandings   No Fully Serviced Pitches   Show Full Facilities
 No Toilets   No Showers   Washing Up   No Bathroom
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant On Site   Wifi Access
 Fishing 1 mile   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool On Site   No Outdoor Pool
 Beach 1 mile   No Watersports   No Boat Launch
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   No Dog Walk

Reviews:  66 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Bessiecamper 3 reviews from this member

Excellent site only a few miles from home! Took our granddaughter who is only 11 months old there to get away from the PPI etc. Phone calls and a very short break!

Our pitch was right at the bottom of the site (separate from the chalets and static caravans) and was told to drive down following the route that I was given by the receptionist. Ripped the roof rack out on the offside of the vehicle as I drove up the slope to our pitch.

I complained and the next day the overhanging branches were cut down. When I looked at the area, I should have been told to drive to the right of the trees which did not look as if it belonged to the site. I repaired it myself at a later stage as it would have been too much hassle to argue as they told me that damage to the van was at my own risk.

Anyway, the facilities -toilets, showers, and food was very good, and we felt welcomed on arrival. Due to early nights, we didn't see any of the entertainment, but the views across Romney Marsh were excellent and my granddaughter enjoyed seeing the swans, sheep, cattle in the nearby fields and the RHDLR that passed by regularly. A nice quiet break at a good price.

The newly re-furbished Neptune restaurant and bar was excellent, with a carvery for only £5 a head, and is only 5 minute walk from the back of the campsite. A good swimming pool, although more baby-changing areas would have been appreciated at busier times.

Living here we have done almost everything! Golden Sands at Dymchurch and Greatstone, Port Lympne Zoo, the RDHLR from Hythe to Dungeness, Dungeness Nature Reserve, Hythe Canal, Pop over to France via Eurotunnel or ferry from Dover, Dover Castle, Canterbury Cathedral, Hastings & Rye within easy reach by car and public transport (bus stop outside park gates) and loads more in the Garden of England to see and do. Failing that, use the zebra crossing to gain access to the beach opposite the campsite.

The site is one of Park resorts which I have always found satisfactory, so if we ever get a summer this year, why not pop down and see what we have to offer in Kent? I go to France to eat at my friend's restaurant and get my good wine at low, low prices, and this has been my first 'holiday' at home!

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Robr082 1 review from this member

Just returned from 2 nights stay on the touring site as a family of 4. Our first impression was good as we passed to owner/static caravans but as soon as we entered the tourer field our impression changed. We arrived late no one was around to show us where to pitch as it was only marked by a stone with a number on which in the middle of the field was confusing.

The Drinking water area was muddy, waste water area was difficult to use as you had to lift waste up onto a wall and it always seemed blocked which made the area very poor. The chemical toilet area that is outside was blocked and probably the worst I have ever seen.

Toilets and showers were usable and always hot water but not that clean and looking tired. We didn't get time to use the indoor pool that did look OK. The club house was very busy but we did get a table in the dinning area to have a drink and watch the entertainment. The staff in the main reception block were friendly and the site shop was handy. I got the feeling that the touring area had been neglect at the sake of the static site. Over all not good, will not be returning.

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Rogshd 2 reviews from this member

The touring area has been moved since my last visit and is now a very long way from the main reception and entertainment area. The touring area is not very well maintained and it's facilities are very badly neglected. The swimming pool was excellent, as was the entertainment team who are very good with the children.

There are plenty of nice places to visit in the area including the Romney & Dymchurch railway.

Reviewer: Kirsty1970 2 reviews from this member

Accompanied friends for one night before returning home. Great site for families, toilet and shower facilities in touring field adequate but small cubicles.

Club house and entertainment great for littles ones and the adult bingo is linked to other sites around uk so bigger winnings.

We didn't win but another lady got £263 for a line. Pool is a good size, bit cool but well attended by life guards.

Would definitely visit the site again. Beautiful area, with the steam train close by.

Reviewer: Steve71 2 reviews from this member

This was our first time here & we will not be back.

Staff were friendly but the place was a tip, people coming back from the club house at night made the most noise ever, & this went on all night. This needs policing at least so people who want to sleep can do so. Toilets were smelly, no loo rolls, no door locks on most of the cubicles. No one seemed to care about the tourers field only the owners part.

Only good thing was the showers!

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Vickiverky 6 reviews from this member

This site has moved on in a negative way since our last visit. At £19 per night, No more Paul and his wife to welcome the tent campers. They have moved in loads of static chalets on one of the two camping fields. A very breezy site but we knew that.

The toilets were small but okay. They have even got rid of the camping shop and reception you now have to go to the caravan main reception a good walk from the tent site. I don, t think we will return to this site which is a shame but feel that the owners don, t want tents or caravans at this site.

The kids were happy enough though. There were some youngsters who were heard shouting and swearing through the night this seemed to stop after a while so the security works. Worth the money as you get use of the indoor pool.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Snowball33 17 reviews from this member

This was our first visit to a touring park like this and to begin with I feared we had made a dreadful mistake. We arrived on the Tuesday after the bank holiday and the bins were overflowing. The wind was tremendous and the litter was flying all over the place.

My husband collected a black bag full from our pitch before we set up camp. We do not camp on bank holidays and would never do so but it was evident that the site had been very full. Fortunately many units had gone and we had a very generous pitch in the second field. Another group of people were quite noisy in the night but as we have a caravan we did not find it too bad.

We gradually got used to the site. The toilet facilities, although basic, were generally clean and well stocked with soap and toilet paper. I did not see anyone cleaning it but I noticed that toothpaste stains and the odd bit of litter was cleared up. The showers had plenty of hot water and were quite powerful but we had a large bag to put our things in so did not mind that the water went everywhere.

We did all our washing up in the caravan as the state of the washing up area was, in my opinion, unacceptable. There were plastic bags full of rubbish which were only collected on our fifth day. One of these had burst open, revealing all its contents.

There is no real site presence although the staff in the shop were friendly and helpful. If we had not needed EHU I would have preferred the furthest field as it was much quieter.

My five and eight year olds enjoyed the entertainment in the evenings and the swimming pool is great.

We went to Port Lympne on Tesco vouchers and that was a wonderful day out. We also went on the railway which we all enjoyed. We had taken the children's bikes and they enjoyed the ride along the sea wall to Dymchurch on our final day.

Childrens' play area was adequate.

We visited the Neptune pub next door. We all cleared our plates (or bowls!) but it is an American diner style menu so may not be suited to all.

All in all, we would say that this campsite was just adequate for us as caravan users but I do not think it is so well suited for tents if you need to use more of the facilities. The facilities are really what lets it down. The campsite could do with a proper mow to keep the weeds at bay - very wobbly under our groundsheet. Also the wind makes it so untidy - everything seems to blow but no one seems to be in charge of clearing it up. Shame, because I think it has real potential.

Date of Visit: June 2012 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Paulmagic 3 reviews from this member

Not a lot that you can say about this site except dirty and uncared for. We stayed here for three nights and in that time the toilets, a new building, were not cleaned once and by the morning of day four were really smelly. The staff, the ones we met anyway, were friendly and helpful but didnít do much to look after the site. You get the feeling that the site owners would rather have static vans and ignore the tourers.

On the plus side they accept ACSI cards so it was only £11 per night including EHU. Even at that price we would not return

Date of Visit: July 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Shields6 2 reviews from this member

We have been to this park before about 2yrs ago and used other Park Holiday sites. We had are grandchildren with us this time as we new it had a play park and swimming pool. Well I was very upset the park was a disgrace not fit for children to play on. The shower/toilet block was a dirty mess I don't know when it was cleaned last?

The campsite was as bad. I will never use this site again.

The only good thing I can say about it was the children's entertainment was good

I hope that Park Holidays take note of these reviews and try to make some changes

Date of Visit: June 2012 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Dino34 4 reviews from this member

This was our first trip in our newly purchased camper-van just for one night as a taster for how things worked, perfect location 5 mins from the beach, great bar/restaurant not bad entertainment, touring facilities were lovely and clean and warm, pitch could have done with the grass being cut.

The touring area overlooked a small stream and fields and had a beautiful sunset.

Staff very friendly and helpful, being a weekend lots of kids were about but they all left the day we arrived.

Perfectly located for dymchurch town which has some lovely pubs and shops. We will visit again one day

Previous     66 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Kent

Win a £299 Clarke IG1200B Suitcase Generator! Win an Outwell Electric Barbecue Package worth over £205

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 6 to 7th July, Derbyshire